PDA

View Full Version : Non-tennis: Australian Bushfires -any fans in trouble?

spiritfullfrog
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Primula
Tough it's true what she says! Are there any Aussies here who live in the neighbourhood of the fires? :sad:

Well I live in Sydney and we haven't had that many bush fires this year (compared to this time last year), but I know that in the ACT especially Canberra there's been really bad fires, with like 402 homes destroyed and 4 lives lost. I also heard that fires have started in Victoria (not near Melbourne though :)) and have started a bit in NSW near Thredbo. Hope noone in CCL is having to fight these fires. :)

keta
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Primula
Tough it's true what she says! Are there any Aussies here who live in the neighbourhood of the fires? :sad:
Our house in the Victorian Snow Fields has ben burnt down! :sad: :sad:

Primula
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by keta

:sad: :sad:

angele87
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:41 AM

Kets :sad: :sad: :sad:

KaseyL
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:18 PM

:eek:

that's really bad news... :sad: :sad: :sad:

keta
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:56 AM
Thanzk for all caring but it could be worse as we only go too that house on holidays soo its not as bad as the people who've lost there homes not just there holidyas homes.

:kiss: Thanzk fro all being concerned though!

Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:21 AM
:sad: Keta, I knew the house was in trouble, but I didn't know it burnt down. :sad:

My house is OK, but the fires were about half an hour away a few days ago. It seems to be a bit more under control here now

Pinkie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your house, Keta :sad:

Ashie_87
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:00 AM
:eek: o no!!! sorry bout ur house!:sad:

just before the aus open, me and my mum drove my brother down to canberra so he could catch a bus down to melbourne coz he was going with a friend -(TO GO SEE THE AUS OPEN AND HE DIDN'T TAKE ME!!!:fiery: :fiery: ) We were kinda driving right into the fires but we left so its all good. He still went. He went to some of Kimmie's matches but i dont know if he got ne piccies of her
if he did i'll scan em in:wavey: