PDA

View Full Version : Votes for players with best and worst manners by ball Boys. Kim, Vee & Ree praised.

smally
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:15 PM
Extract of article from CNNSI.COM.

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) --
FRIENDLY FIRE: The "little people" were glad to see the back of Jennifer Capriati last week.

Capriati won the past two Australian Open singles titles but bombed out in first round of another defense, blaming a lack of preparation time since recent eye surgery.

Good riddance, according to ball boy and ball girls working at the tournament.

"She's impatient and she doesn't say thankyou," a ball boy told Tuesday's Herald Sun newspaper. "She tells us to hurry up with the towels."

Another ball boy said it was usually unknown players who were rude to them.

"Some of them a pretty awful," he said. "And the no-namers are usually worse."

Of the men, Americans Andre Agassi and James Blake and local player Lleyton Hewitt scored high marks for manners. The most polite women,reportedly, are Kim Clijsters and Venus and Serena Williams.

"Hewitt's really nice and he shook hands with me," a ball boy said. "And Agassi, everyone knows he's nice."

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:05 PM
you'd never know it from some of the threads on here try to make serena look like some rude ass prima donna! Shes not a prima donna, she's a B.A.P!

Devon
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
you'd never know it from some of the threads on here try to make serena look like some rude ass prima donna! Shes not a prima donna, she's a B.A.P!

I have the feeling most of non-americans on this board won't get the B.A.P. part.

smally
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:20 PM
Yeah like me. What's a B.A.P?

Joseosu19
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:28 PM
This is from the Herald Sun, if I'm not mistaken a big tabloid paper.

smally
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:31 PM
I saw it on CNN sports illustrated. Wasn't aware though that someone had already started a thread on it. Sorry about that.

Maxine
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by smally
Yeah like me. What's a B.A.P?
I think it's Black American Princess?

Devon
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:33 PM
Yeap, that's right?

Any guesses for what J.A.P means?

Leena
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:34 PM
I was thinking Bad Ass Princess.. which of course makes no sense.

I'm an American, and I don't get it. Oh well.

Devon
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leena
[B]I was thinking Bad Ass Princess.. which of course makes no sense.

Now that's hilarious!!:D :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Maxine
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Devon
Yeap, that's right?

Any guesses for what J.A.P means?
Jewish American Princess. How the hell do i know this?!!:confused:

ARealVenusFan
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:43 PM
Why would anyone be surprised! Can you even imagine V or S treating someone poorly? Not me.

Kim seems like she's very nice, so does Agassi and Blake. Hewitt surprises me, just because he seems like a class A jerk, especially since USOPEN 2001.

Capriati, HA! Would we expect anything less. She such a LOSER literally!

Jewish American Princess

JCAP
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:22 PM
Capriati a LOSER I DONT think so!!!! So what the ballboy's are slow so she tells them to hurry up BIG shit who cares , Im sure venus has never done that:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jennifer Capriati:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Lisbeth
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:02 PM
Very interesting. So much for Agassi and Hewitt being the former and current "bad boys" of tennis! Goes to show a little emotion on the court may hide a little sensitivity off the court in my view.

Not at all surprised about the ladies - Kim and the Williams are all very thoughful and well brought up young women.

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:12 PM
Not surprised about Jennie. Especially if she's losing.

Volcana
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:36 PM
Wow, they didn't vote Venus or Serena 'Most Arrogant'? Guess they don't post here much, huh? :) But then posters who never met them would know better than people who actually have to deal with them, right?

SerenaSlam
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:51 PM
Anyone seen the movie B. A. P. S? its a very good and funnie movie. that is where they get B. A. P. S. from. It has a great ending!

Volcana
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:03 PM
An 'American Princess' (meant sarcastically since we don't have royalty here, just people who think they are) is basically a post-pubescent female who's massively over-indulged by their parents. They get anything they want. Venus and Serena don't really fit the stereotype, since it wasn't their parents who over-indulged them.

Venus, though regal, is pretty reserved. Serena's more Nouveau Riche than B.A.P. she made her own money.

Bright Red
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:31 PM
LOL about Jennifer! I'm SHOCKED!!!!!! (yeah, right...)

I'm just glad that we Williams/Kim Fans aren't the only ones who know that our girls have manners. I'm surprised Monica didn't make the list of polite players. I've seen her live and she always says thanks to the ball people.

Scotso
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:35 PM
Amy Frazier is really good too. You can hear her say "thank you" every time they throw her a ball.

Jakeev
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:26 AM
I am surprised nobody commented on the fact they said the "noname" tennis players are the worst.

I wonder what would make them so.

Aloysius
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:04 PM
When you've been ostracized or treated negatively at any point in your life, and then you're lucky enough to be able to witness the good side of humanity, you tend to be humbled by those experiences and go on to treat those around you with a little bit more respect than most. I would think that being the women that Venus and Serena are, from having seen both sides of the tracks that they aren't going to take anything or anyone for granted in life.

GermanBoy
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JCAP
Capriati a LOSER I DONT think so!!!! So what the ballboy's are slow so she tells them to hurry up BIG shit who cares , Im sure venus has never done that:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Jennifer Capriati:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Absolutely right!!! :worship: Totally agree!!! :worship:

By the way, it was only ONE ballboy who told his opinion to the newspaper - who cares? :rolleyes:

Jennifer is the best!!! :hearts: Venus and Serena being kind to anybody on the tour? Never! :o

CapFan#1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:42 PM
Give me a break! I am SURE EVERY player has had a moment or two with the ball boys/girls where they have been direc (or "mean" for the over sensative)! CAN EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OFF JENN"S BACK!!! I have seen matches where Jenn is very polite and says thankyou for the towel, the ball, whatever..... No on seems to mention those examples. At least she doesn't swear AT her opponents (see Serena vs. Loit)

Jennifer's wife
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:09 PM
ha ha! touche pcornille!:worship: ;)

jenny161185
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:04 PM
yes just get off Jennifers back everyone gets angry sometimes