PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Daniela and Commiserationís for a tough day.

aura of daniela
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:21 PM
Hi guys,
I just created this thread to congratulate Daniela firstly on a good tournament in Australia, and wish her the best for the rest of the Mixed tournament.
3 quarter final grand slams in a row is a fine feat, hopefully she'll get lucky at the French and maybe not draw either Williams girl before the 1/4's, their too tough at the moment.

I know that Daniela may be over the day by now, but it was a tough one overall. First the lost to Venus, then just a couple hours later, she and Meghann lost a tough doubles match against a team that they really should have beaten.

I saw both Daniela's matches today, and I must say that she did look a little out of it during the doubles which was actually a little tough to watch.
Nigel her coach didn't seem to have the answer for her today, these type of days will happen from time to time, but after reading the press interview, at least Dani seemed more up beat about the situation.

At the end of the day, it's really an excellent start to what will be an extremely exciting for us Daniela fan's and any reasonable tennis fan in general.

Everyone, enjoy the season ahead.

Daniela, this years Aus Open was just an extension of what I saw of you last year, you've grown as a person and improved perfectly as a player.
We all know there's plenty of room there for improvement and your strong enough to admit that there is area's of your game that needs it, thats what makes me confident you'll get there eventually.

Well done to you Daniela and the best of luck this year, enjoy yourself.
Well done to Venus..........too tough today.

Simon

Mase
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:23 PM
She's off to a great start, thats for sure.........

Sharapower
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:36 PM
Nice post Simon.

Daniela still needs to work on her game. Gain some weight (that will certainly take time) and find the good balance between hard hitting and accuracy.

In the Venus Match, there were crucial times when Dani seemed to be elsewhere and she can't afford that neither against the Williamses nor against any other top 10 player. Let's say that's a youngness matter and that all these problems will be fixed soon.

And yes : get more lucky on next Grandslam draw.