PDA

View Full Version : Venus v Justine-who will win semi-final?

spokenword73
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:15 PM
The odds go to Venus, but Justine has shown tenacity. Who will be the AO finalist?

RAA
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:31 PM
um I think it will go to Venus, probably in two sets...
I think it will bea close two-setter, but I think that Venus will prevail.
why? because even though Justine showed tremendous grit and determination to beat Lindsay the other day, she still showed some nerves, and Venus isn't going to give her as many chances as Lindsay did.
plus, Ms. Venus is on fire.
anyway, I think it should be a good match and wish both well. I love watching Justine play and Justine vs. Venus matches have always been entertaining..

BK4ever
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:35 PM
I hope its Venus, she will have to serve well and get rid of some of those outrageous errors she had against Dani. Some of them were just wild.

She really needs to work on that forehand. Maybe she needs a grip change. She sometimes looks like she is falling back instead of leaning into the shot.

Good Luck Venus...make your first OZ final :D

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:40 PM
I think Venus will take this one. She's the better player and her road to the semi's has been easier. I hope Justine will win though (or make a good/great match of it at least)

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:48 PM
I'm actually in for Justine!! Just as long as Justine does her best...I'm okay with her performance. But of course, I would very much love her to win this!

Allez Justine!! :bounce:

fleemke³
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:50 PM
If you can get in the semi's with such a hard draw, you can get in the final as ell! It's going to be though but I believe in her :D

And if she loses ... she played already an GREAT tournament in my eyes :D

@ Justine :worship:

Devon
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:58 PM
All credit to Justine for the way she pulled that match against Lindsay, she played awesome. But, Linday had the chance to serve out the match and screwed up, and that has been Linday's biggest problem since her return from injury.

Venus tends to play her best tennis when she gets tight. Anybody remember the way she closed out her seminal match at the US Open last year against Mauresmo?

I can't help thinking that Justine has a chance, because she is playing really well, but Venus should win this one in straing sets. It's going to be a good match.

Blogger Dives
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:59 PM
Justine Henin will win it, and go on to the finals... Hopefully we have an all Belgian Final instead of this Williams Sisters crap that everyone on earth except the newbie tennis fans are tired of.

Keith
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:00 PM
Justine should feel little pressure. If she is relaxed, she could do it, but I would expect Venus to pull it out

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:03 PM
Looks like the belgian players are racing the american players now...!! Go Justine!! :bounce: ;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:08 PM
For the first time in my life, I will root for Venus here.
Venus will win for sure, or If Henin has more drama in her, maybe she could win this too. Henin is just such a loser.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by QUEENLINDSAY
For the first time in my life, I will root for Venus here.
Venus will win for sure, or If Henin has more drama in her, maybe she could win this too. Henin is just such a loser.

You will never accomplish in your whole life what she has done in 2 years, you're the loser.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
You will never accomplish in your whole life what she has done in 2 years, you're the loser.

Oh really!!!!! If tennis is only your life, then I will really never accomplish that. BUT I have better accomplishment in my life other than tennis. Besides she never won any majors yet. More drama will do her maybe. She might be nominated in the comming Oscars, of course thats a great accomplishement.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:25 PM
AND I DONT NEED any accomplishement that I will achieve from CHEATING!!!!!!!

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:26 PM
Oh really!!!!! If tennis is only your life, then I will really never accomplish that. BUT I have better accomplishment in my life other than tennis. Besides she never won any majors yet. More drama will do her maybe. She might be nominated in the comming Oscars, of course thats a great accomplishement.

I'm just pointing out that you have no right to call her a loser.
She's in the semifinals for godsakes that means she HASN'T lost (yet)! Davenport on the other hand... :rolleyes:

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:27 PM
Ok QL, we get your point :rolleyes:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:30 PM
A winner does'nt cheat!!!!!!! I may never like the Williams but at least they dont cheat. They are the real example of Winners.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:33 PM
By the way, Lindsay already has tons of titles and major GS. I think I can call her a winner. A player who is still trying to win by cheating and have not won any important tournament are still a loser.

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:33 PM
Well, reports said that the injury is true...
no cheating there...
it's just funny that when it's a REAL injury backed by evidence, some people just blindly insist that it's cheating...

Well, whatever you think...

Our tennis lady Justine is genuine, so that's that!! :cool:

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by gladysharon
Well, reports said that the injury is true...
no cheating there...
it's just funny that when it's a REAL injury backed by evidence, some people just blindly insist that it's cheating...

Well, whatever you think...

Our tennis lady Justine is genuine, so that's that!! :cool:

:worship:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:36 PM
Only Justine will know how painful is it. Even Doctors cannot tell that. Doctors will only give their opinion to patient based on what patient feels unless they already did some operations.

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:37 PM
Only Justine will know how painful is it. Even Doctors cannot tell that. Doctors will only give their opinion to patient based on what patient feels unless they already did some operations.

So how comes you know?

gentenaire
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:37 PM
What The Crow said!

I think Venus will win this match. Serena may be better than Venus, Venus is still better than the rest of the field. I do hope Justine can pull off the upset. It's high time she beat Venus again.

Go Justine.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:39 PM
Justine is just so pressured to be in the TOP already that she will do everything even CHEATING just to be there with KIM.

gentenaire
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:39 PM

Thank goodness you're not my doctor.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:40 PM

Do you LIVE in the past or what?
Yes, Lindsay might have won 3 Grand Slams, you just keep concentrating on that in stead of on her *ahem* recent "results".

You obviously don't know what kind of technology modern hospitals have...
Trust me, if they make up a report that says how bad the injury is, then that is not just based on what Justine says she has...:rolleyes: You are really ignorant...

Smart
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by fleemke²
If you can get in the semi's with such a hard draw, you can get in the final as ell! It's going to be though but I believe in her :D

And if she loses ... she played already an GREAT tournament in my eyes :D

@ Justine :worship:
I agree

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by The Crow
So how comes you know?

Havent you been a patient Before? Do they cut your bodies right away without interviewing the patient on what they feels? Pls use your common sense. Besides I have a lot of friends which are Doctors and we have a lot of chats with them. Once they share to me how difficult it for them to diagnosed muscle pains without the patient cooperating. Even X-rays wont tell the exact problem unless its a bone problem.

WELL, WHATEVER, JUSTINE IS A LOSER and a GREAT PRETENDER.
Even If I dont like any Williams in the final, I would love to have them on court rather than seeing a cheater wins it.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Smart
I agree

Me too, considering that some people even doubted her to get past Casanova, when she did that, people were saying Kournikova would stand a good chance, then it was Davenport, so why can't she take out Williams as well? :D
*crosses fingers* :)

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:46 PM
Justine is just so pressured to be in the TOP already that she will do everything even CHEATING just to be there with KIM.

So a doctor cannot say if someone is hurt, but you know what a person you never even met thinks?? Cool.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:47 PM
Havent you been a patient Before? Do they cut your bodies right away without interviewing the patient on what they feels? Pls use your common sense. Besides I have a lot of friends which are Doctors and we have a lot of chats with them. Once they share to me how difficult it for them to diagnosed muscle pains without the patient cooperating. Even X-rays wont tell the exact problem unless its a bone problem.

Even If I dont like any Williams in the final, I would love to have them on court rather than seeing a cheater wins it.

And what is your opinion on Lindsay's faking in Zurich?

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:48 PM

That's not what I asked: I asked why you are so sure (obviously you are by looking at your responses in this thread) that she IS'NT injured?? If even a doctor can't know for sure (as you say)...

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:51 PM
Actually Lindsey is also quite a good player...
Justine fans were not even bitter about Lindsay,
we respect all players who play against our Juju! :D

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:51 PM
Venus will win in two...come on Venus!!!!

apoet29
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:52 PM
Good Lord, instead of looking at the tennis results, so many people here are wanting one player to win over the other simply because of their own personal dislike. What ever happened to tennis?

QueenLindsay, Justine did not fake the injury. That much was clear to the WTA trainers and doctors who had to give her six IV's just to rehydrate her. As much as I like Lindsay, she had a great opportunity to win that match at 5-4 in the third and could not serve it out. That match was on Lindsay's racket to win and she could not put it away. Hopefully, Lindsay will be able to deal with this problem she has of closing out matches.

QL, you also have no idea what Justine feels or thinks, so you should not make such assumptions. In addition, I can tell that you know very little about the medical profession because if a qualified doctor cannot tell if an athlete is injured, than he or she should not be allowed to practice.

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by apoet29
Good Lord, instead of looking at the tennis results, so many people here are wanting one player to win over the other simply because of their own personal dislike. What ever happened to tennis?

QueenLindsay, Justine did not fake the injury. That much was clear to the WTA trainers and doctors who had to give her six IV's just to rehydrate her. As much as I like Lindsay, she had a great opportunity to win that match at 5-4 in the third and could not serve it out. That match was on Lindsay's racket to win and she could not put it away. Hopefully, Lindsay will be able to deal with this problem she has of closing out matches.

QL, you also have no idea what Justine feels or thinks, so you should not make such assumptions. In addition, I can tell that you know very little about the medical profession because if a qualified doctor cannot tell if an athlete is injured, than he or she should not be allowed to practice.

Nicely said!! :D

Havok
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:56 PM
i don't know, but i have a feeling Justine is gonna win it

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:57 PM
First,-Lindsay was winning when she called for an Injury.
-Justine was losing and the momentum was with Lindsay when she calls for injury.

Second- Lindsay was out for long time only to come back and test her fitness. And Lindsay doesnt need a speed to win a match.
- Justine serves ace after the injury and was running all over the court( she is injured). She knows Lindsay has mental lapses, so she uses that to distruct Lindsay's momentum.

I'm not STATING that Lindsay should be the Winner. All I'm saying is that Justine uses some Cheating tactics to win it and Lindsay is not mentally prepared yet for that kind of game Justine's wants to play. YES she is in the semis now and I DONT WANT A CHEATER TO BE IN THE FINAL.

Even how boring is it to have a Williams in the final again. I would take it in exchange of a loser in the final.

SPORTMANSHIP comes in here.

ys
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:00 PM
My educated opinion on this is that on this surface Henin's game probably beats Venus's game. But Venus's mental toughness probably beats Henin's. Will Henin play on her best level? Will Venus be as rock steady mentally as she used to be? Answers tomorrow..;)

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:12 PM
I strongly think that such measures about calling for timeouts & having treatments are inevitable...they must happen. From looking at the situation, it's not what Justine or any other player really wants to do really.

Just think Justine was doing most of the running around the court under such a hot scorching weather...3 hours long even...with bad shoes...not enough water...Tell me you won't fall sick like this!

Not even a very accomplished actor could be able to do all that! :)

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
-Justine was losing and the momentum was with Lindsay when she calls for injury.

Second- Lindsay was out for long time only to come back and test her fitness. And Lindsay doesnt need a speed to win a match.
- Justine serves ace after the injury and was running all over the court( she is injured). She knows Lindsay has mental lapses, so she uses that to distruct Lindsay's momentum.

I'm not STATING that Lindsay should be the Winner. All I'm saying is that Justine uses some Cheating tactics to win it and Lindsay is not mentally prepared yet for that kind of game Justine's wants to play. YES she is in the semis now and I DONT WANT A CHEATER TO BE IN THE FINAL.

Even how boring is it to have a Williams in the final again. I would take it in exchange of a loser in the final.

If you watched the match closely, Justine didn't run as much anymore at the end. In fact, she won the match (partly) because she had to go more for her shots. The ace?? Come on, that was just a lucky serve.

I can accept that you don't like Henin after her remarks after the Zurich match. She was kinda a sour loser after that match imo. But you can't seriously believe she fell down the ground only to fake an injury??

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by joy
hahahhaaha- its good to see other fans fighting and being 'nasty' and 'arrogant'-- so i guess this proves its not only Williams fans:)

Go Venus Go:)

Oh Joy but we learnt from the Williams fans ;)

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:19 PM

LOL@ Justine was losing when she fell down.
It was 7-5 5-7 7-7 0-15, I wouldn't call that losing!

I would like to see you standing on a blood hot court after running and hitting balls for 3 hours.

Justine WAS injured, period, the reports say it, that's the best proof you can have, I don't remember Lindsay showing us some proof after the Zurich match!

You like sportsmanship? LOL
Then why is "Happy Tanker" Dokic one of your faves?????:rolleyes:

Hawk
I think Venus will win in 2. Justine is not in peak physical condition..which she would need to be, and like someone mentioned, Justine did choke against Lindsay..Lindsay just couldn't capitalize. Venus on the other hand, would take the match if Justine did that.

gladysharon
Originally posted by The Crow
If you watched the match closely, Justine didn't run as much anymore at the end. In fact, she won the match (partly) because she had to go more for her shots. The ace?? Come on, that was just a lucky serve.

I can accept that you don't like Henin after her remarks after the Zurich match. She was kinda a sour loser after that match imo. But you can't seriously believe she fell down the ground only to fake an injury??

Although Justine did accuse Lindsay of 'faking'...
Well, that happened just at the heat of the moment...
Sometimes when we ourselves are being accused by other people of things, don't we act impulsively too?!

It's just normal...what's over is over. :)

The Crow
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:23 PM
Uhm "in the heat of the moment" I was defending Justine after her remarks in Zurich. I think (if she hasn't yet) she should apoligise now though, cause it was quite clear Lindsay was injured. But I guess she is like she is...

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:24 PM
Yeah, she accused Lindsay the last time in Zurich. She should be be ashamed of herself. Maybe she is doing it long time ago. Only people who knows the song can sing it.

By the way, she was moving very well in her match with Vivi.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah, she accused Lindsay the last time in Zurich. She should be be ashamed of herself. Maybe she is doing it long time ago. Only people who knows the song can sing it.

By the way, she was moving very well in her match with Vivi.

That's exactly the advice I would give you, you don't know what Justine feels, the doctors, everyone around her, and Justine herself say she's hurting so she is.
By the way: Davenport was moving very well in her match against Patty too! :o

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:33 PM
Lindsay was winning when she called for injury.
Justine was losing 4-1 in the third when she calls for injury. she calls another injury at 7 all 0-15 at this time momentum in going back to Lindsay.

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:33 PM
Lindsay's actually a great player.

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:34 PM
Lindsay was winning when she called for injury.
Justine was losing 4-1 in the third when she calls for injury. she calls another injury at 7 all 0-15 at this time momentum in going back to Lindsay.

She was in great pain at that time. Can't avoid it.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:36 PM
She was in great pain at that time. Can't avoid it.

Yea, it's not like you can choose when the pain will strike you. :rolleyes:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:36 PM
Justine might be doing this tactics a long time ago even in juniors thats why she knows the song very well. She might be paranoid last year against Lindsay that LD will do it to her as a karma!!!!!
HER FIRST WIN OVER LD and she got it from cheating. HOW DESPERATE!!!!!

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:37 PM
Justine might be doing this tactics a long time ago even in juniors thats why she knows the song very well. She might be paranoid last year against Lindsay that LD will do it to her as a karma!!!!!

MY!! :rolleyes:

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:38 PM

Well, if Lindsay isn't mentally strong enough to keep on playing even when her opponent is having bad cramps, she doesn't deserve the win and it's a fair win for Justine :)

griffin
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:39 PM
And I MIGHT be the Queen of England.

Guesss what?

She accused Lins of exaggerating an injury - and she probably shouldn't have - but get over it. Lindsay certainly has.

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
Well, if Lindsay isn't mentally strong enough to keep on playing even when her opponent is having bad cramps, she doesn't deserve the win and it's a fair win for Justine :)

Moreover Lindsay was holding onto all the cards.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Moreover Lindsay was holding onto all the cards.

Amen!
And I'm done here.
The facts are simple:

Lindsay lost in the fourth round of the Australian Open for the first time in 6 years.

Justine's in her first Australian Open semifinal.

Ahh the future looks bright. :cool:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Lindsay is not winning beacuse of Mental lapses that she has. At least she is not cheating her opponents. BUT SHE ALREADY ONCE THER ON THE TOP and only few players can do that.

Justine on the other hand has talent but still not enough to battle with power players( except on clay). She is desperately wanting a breakthrough win over power players like Lindsay that she will do everything even unsportmanship just to win. I hopes she realizes whats the real meaning of being a CHAMPION!!!!!!!
She actually has karma in her. Her best shot at winning the french las year, was denied by her health. One day she will realizes a good karma and a bad karma.

gentenaire
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:50 PM
QL, I'll tell God that next time he shouldn't send those blisters to Justine's feet until she's in a winning position, okay?

I agree with The Crow. I can understand that you don't like Justine's remarks after the Zurich match, I didn't defend Justine then. But to say that she cheated, that she faked?

jujufan
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:09 PM
I'll repeat my quote from the australian open forum :
Oh queenlindsay shut u with that cheater thing.
Lindsay has forgiven justine for the zurich thing, so why can't you?
Just accept that Justine won, and if Justine really wanted it then it was in straight sets

Dirty Sanchez
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:16 PM
This match depends on how Venus plays. If she plays like she did against Hantuchova, she'll take it in 2 tough sets. If Venus plays like she did against Nicole Pratt, Henin will advance.

Either way, it's gonna be a great match! :)

caseyl45
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:28 PM
Okay, let's look at Henin-Hardenne's "faking" her leg cramps. We have a player, first of all, who has had problems with heat illness in the past (2001 Canberra for those of you who are curious), and we're in the later stages of a very close match. In the games before she went down, she reached for her leg a couple of times. Look for it on tape if you don't believe me. In the last game of the match, when she's in a winning position, mind you, she starts getting those cramps agains. After this match where she's "faking" her cramps, she needs six bags of IV fluid to rehydrate. Yeah, that's right, six bags. If you had any doubts before, those six bags should be the clincher. If you look at Henin-Hardenne's history and all the circumstances surrounding this episode, and you still think that she's faking it then there's no convincing you.

BTW, I think that Venus is going to win this match. After her match against Davenport, I would love to see Henin-Hardenne win the tournament, but I think that the fourth round match took too much out of her. The Ruano-Pascual match didn't help her much either. Yes, it was 6-2, 6-2, but it looked like she had to fight very hard for the win.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:44 PM
Which is why think Venus will win in straight sets. I am not convinced that Justine is 100% recovered from her cramps and heat exaustion and if the semifinal match is played during the day and it gets hot, it will be a huge advangate to Venus. Even if the match is played at night, the advantage still goes to Venus because she likes playing night matches and her best result so far came at night.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:46 PM
Thats why I told ya, from the history, she is cheating even when she is in Juniors.

lol!!!!!!!!!

ys
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:57 PM
Faking cramps? Have you ever had cramps? Do you really think it is possible to fake it having a physician near you?

arn
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:58 PM
I hope Justine wins. Her confidence has to be high now!

Justine said in an interview on belgian television the running didn't hurt as much as her service motion that was realy painful to her.

The second serve ace was a lucky shot. At that moment she took it as a sign that it had to be 'her' day. That's why she kept fighting for it.

jenny161185
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:14 PM
QUEENLINDSAY you are such a sore loser Justine BEAT Lindsay- Lindsay is still a great player and will win big again- but just stop with the stupid post saying Justine CHEATED im not even a big fan of hers and its driving me crazy!

Venus Forever
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:48 PM
Venus in 2, Justine looked kind of weary in her match against Virginia.

Leena
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:09 PM
I don't understand the whining about Justine's cramps. I've had cramps numerous times, and once the cramp loosens up, you can function just about as well as before. Ju definitely didn't fake it either.

Anyway, I love Justine, but she's not playing well enough to beat Venus now. Venus will win easily unless she goes on a UE spree.

fleemke³
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:10 PM
QL just accept it Linds LOST :rolleyes: because she didn't finish it and because Justine played with a lot off risks and made the points

Bad loser :rolleyes:

persond
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Blogger Dives
Justine Henin will win it, and go on to the finals... Hopefully we have an all Belgian Final instead of this Williams Sisters crap that everyone on earth except the newbie tennis fans are tired of.

:D :D And, people have the "audacity" of calling an All-Williams final boring...!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The games between Justine and Kim haven't exactly set the tennis world ablaze!!!!:p :p :p :p

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:25 PM
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by persond
:D :D And, people have the "audacity" of calling an All-Williams final boring...!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The games between Justine and Kim haven't exactly set the tennis world ablaze!!!!:p :p :p :p

You obviously haven't seen Roland Garros 2001 quarterfinal and Sydney 2003 semifinal. :rolleyes:

harloo
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:36 PM
Venus should take it in 2 close sets. IMO, Justine will be pretty flat from the Davenport match. I still do think she has a chance though.

Queenlindsay, it's over. Lindsay lost. Let it go!! Whether Justine was faking or not their is nothing you can do to change the result. In the end the result is still the same.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:36 PM
LoL! Its so much fun to see the QueenL on someone else's case besides venus or serena!

For the record I don't think justine or lindsay faked anything however I do think that lindsay is much more a sportswoman because she didn't get pissy and evil and bitter and try to accuse her opponent of faking.

anyway GO USA!!!

Dawn Marie
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:42 PM
Why are the Lindsay fans acting like this? Come on Justine did say something silly, in fact she grated my nerve when she made her comments about V@S, but she is human. Justine played a great match MENTALLY. She got over that hurdle and closed it out. She was not faking her leg cramps she was in pain. Sometimes when you are hurtin like that you'll go for winners more so in the match because you have nothing to lose. Justine pulled through that macth with HEART.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
LoL! Its so much fun to see the QueenL on someone else's case besides venus or serena!

For the record I don't think justine or lindsay faked anything however I do think that lindsay is much more a sportswoman because she didn't get pissy and evil and bitter and try to accuse her opponent of faking.

anyway GO USA!!!

I would'nt mind a Williams Final coz they are champions not cheaters. BUT THE BEST FOR ME IS FOR KIM TO TAKE IT ALL.

Belgian final would just be boring because we all know how Kim always spanks Justine Cheater. She can play her drama again but Williams and Kim are mentally stronger than my Queen Lindsay as of now. They wont allow this cheater to win like Lindsay did.

Come on Venus, dont let this cheater win more than 2 games.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:45 PM
You obviously haven't seen Roland Garros 2001 quarterfinal and Sydney 2003 semifinal.

yes those were great matches, however the 6 2 6 1 year end champs and the 2002 aussie quarter 6 2 6 3was bloody awful, boring, tennis.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:49 PM
I like the belgians but I"m all about American Domination. I want an AMERICAN to win! I was even rooting for jen when she played martina last year :eek: so you know I am serious.

GO USA SPANK THAT BELGIAN BOOTY!

Leena
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:49 PM
QueenL lives near me.. *shivers*

I don't understand how JuJu cheated... the match was tied, and neither player was in control, when she got injured.

Jakeev
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:50 PM
I think this is Venus' match to win or lose. However, Justine does seem to have some confidence going into this match.

If Henin can stay aggressive, take advantage of Vee's second serve and capitilize on the big points, it could be similiar to the Davenport match.

gladysharon
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by caseyl45
In the games before she went down, she reached for her leg a couple of times. Look for it on tape if you don't believe me. In the last game of the match, when she's in a winning position, mind you, she starts getting those cramps agains. If you look at Henin-Hardenne's history and all the circumstances surrounding this episode, and you still think that she's faking it then there's no convincing you.

Yes, the commentators was even concern about Justine rubbing her thigh when she was sitting down to rest...they already noticed the signs when she was doing that.

If you say again that she's cheating, you're really so sore about it. There's concrete evidence about it...& you're still complaining.

What if Lindsay was Justine...would you say the same thing??!

Uxobi
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:36 PM
Venus in two 6-4 6-1

Freewoman33
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx

anyway GO USA!!!

I totally agree with you, Cybelledarkholmexx.

Queen Lindsay is scarring me, she's being too nice to Venus and Rena.

Bright Red
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:24 AM
Venus in two sets, but it should be a great match.

Celeste
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:56 AM
I like Justine more than Venus, and Justine CAN beat Venus, but she can't pull any shit with Venus like she did with Lindsay. Sorry, but Justine only won that match because Lindsay, though no chocker, seems unable to finish off matches these days. Justine got a break with Lindsay. If Justine pulls that shit with Venus, Venus will eat her up. Justine has to play great and no chocking. Maybe Justine will remember Amelia Island, maybe she won't.

Informative
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:16 AM
Venus in straight sets

Blogger Dives
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:58 AM
Justine will win, because she's my favorite and it's time someone burst the bubble that is the Williams sisters. :D

Juju in 3 sets!

gladysharon
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:03 AM
I want our Juju to win!!! May God be behind her! May she show what she really has...great talent shots!

Go Justine! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DaveMatthewsBand
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:39 AM
I'm a fan of both Venus and Justine, but I'd really like to see Justine win. One, because if she wins, it'd be like a David vs. Goliath triumph and brings hope to us shorter people who play tennis. Two, because she tries soooo hard, and when she loses, the expression on her face is just so heart-breaking. Three, because I'm sick of watching all-Williams finals.

gladysharon
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by DaveMatthewsBand
Two, because she tries soooo hard, and when she loses, the expression on her face is just so heart-breaking. Three, because I'm sick of watching all-Williams finals.

Hey you're right...when Justine loses a match or tries to get back on a match when behind but can't,
her face expression makes hearts break!