PDA

View Full Version : Which sisterhood would reach the Oz Open Finals???

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:50 AM
I'll go for the Willi's.;)

E. Blackadder
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:58 AM
One willi and One Belgian sis :D

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:06 AM
Where are the Serra-Zanetti's?;)

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:06 AM
Of course the Williams Sisters!!!

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
Where are the Serra-Zanetti's?;)

that will be in the Seniors category already.:D

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:23 AM
kim and justine are not sisters. They are not even friends.

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
kim and justine are not sisters. They are not even friends.

Jen Capriati referred to them as Belgium sisters, soooooo.;)

vs1
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:46 AM
I think Kim and Justine ARE friends! Kim was at Justine's wedding...which means she is more important to Justine than her own family!

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:02 AM
sad fact but true vs1.:angel:

Gowza
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:18 AM
i know it's a long shot but elke and kim in future years may.

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:19 AM
Actually Kim missed Justines wedding, she was with Lleyton in Austrailia

caseyl45
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by WtaTour4Ever
Actually Kim missed Justines wedding, she was with Lleyton in Austrailia

She was invited, though, which is still a lot more than anyone in Henin's family can say.
As far as their relationship is concerned, if you read some of their interviews, it sounds like they have a great friendship away from tennis. I've read interviews where someone will say that they eat together, or that Hewitt plays pool with Henin-Hardenne's husband, they give each other birthday gifts, etc. They may not be best friends, but I think they're closer than a lot of people think they are.

goodolvs
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:53 AM
venus vs serena!

saki
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:45 AM
It'll be Serena Vs Justine, I think. Which hopefully will shut up all the people who've hyped Kim. Nice girl, great player, but the hype around her recently has been excessive. Justine's been playing better tennis & has a better chance against Venus than Kim does against Serena.

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:52 AM
hmmm...you have a point saki....but Kim is more impressive than Justin IMO. It's just that Serena is hard to beat these days.;)

Elleke
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:09 PM
Williams sisters :(

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:11 PM
So if kim and justine are belgian sisters

does that make jen serena venus lindsay monica american sisters?

why isnt it ever the american sisters versus the belgian sisters?

SerenaSlam
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:59 PM
the sistah'z that actually came from the hood! venus and Serena! and this sistah hood will make the doubles final as well!

LeonHart
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
So if kim and justine are belgian sisters

does that make jen serena venus lindsay monica american sisters?

why isnt it ever the american sisters versus the belgian sisters?

Jen, lindsay, and monica doesn't have as good friendships as Kim and Justine have.

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:21 AM
May the best sisterhood wins...I am hoping for a memorable semifinals!!!!

Go sisters, entertain us!!!!:bounce:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:15 AM
Sorry but if they were such good friends she would have went to justine's wedding. period. They are not such good friends they are friendly rivals.

Try asking agassi what its like having "friends" as competition on the tour.

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:08 AM
Kim could make it up by being the god mother of Justine's first kid in the future.;) Attending a wedding is not a true measure of friendship.:kiss:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:12 AM
well...I was gonna be the god father of Justine's first kid...damn!!

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:12 AM
Well I think they are friends. Kim didn't want to attend Justine's wedding because it was right after the Masters and she wanted all attention focused on Justine instead of her Masters win. As a wedding gift, Kim payed for the redecoration of Justine's apartment.

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by gogomaggie
well...I was gonna be the god father of Justine's first kid...damn!!

surprise...you made it to the list eh.:p

josh, wow!, that's very kind of Kim.;)

i-girl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:22 AM
Attending a wedding is not a true measure of friendship
lol, basic, you are such a GUY:D . with women, attending a wedding is soooo a measure of friendship. nothing short of death excuses you of a true friend's wedding. if Kim didn't come, they're not close friends.

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:14 AM
really i-girl.....but the gesture of Kim to make it up to Justine is enough don't you think?:angel:

tennischick
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:26 AM
i'm surprised at the scores. i can't see either Kim or Justine making it to the final. Justine may have had a sliver of a chance if the match against Lindsay had.t taken such a toll. but Kim isn't playing dominant enuf tennis to pull off a win against Serena IMO.

i agree with i-girl about female friendship, and Kim's "make-up" gesture was exactly that.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:28 PM
paying for someone to redecorate your apartment is not a measure of friendship. In fact If one of my friends did that I would be like girl are you saying I have bad taste?

Face it they are not as close as you think they are and if they were "sisters" she would have been there. The only reason they are lumped together is because they are belgiums two biggest tennis stars who are both top five. I mean they're not even from the same part of belgium!

My question is why do some people try to force a friendship on these two girls as if they were true sisters? Who cares if they are only have a casual friendship? They still both play great.

i-girl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:33 PM
they don't even pretend to be close friends. Kim is always saying they are "friendly, but not good friends".

Keith
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:51 PM
so many posts, so much stupidity....

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:06 PM
What I meant was that Justine redecorated her apartment and Kim payed for it. :rolleyes:

And I'm impressed to hear that you seem to know them both very well cybelle, seeing that you live in the US and hardly get any info on Kim and Justine.
The fact that they buy eachother birthday presents and get together from time to time suggests that they are more than just "friendly".

But anyway, does it matter? lol

Holmespinlove
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:50 PM
okay! who is doing the math here....:sad:
I demand a recount

Williams all the way baby :devil:

BasicTennis
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Keith
so many posts, so much stupidity....

you just added another one.:p

congrats Williams sisters!!!!

matthias
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:08 AM
maybe the Barna sisters ;)

BasicTennis
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:28 AM
For now, we'll have to enjoy the Sister Act from Friday to Saturday.;)