PDA

View Full Version : It is beginning to look like someone will win 4 slams in a row

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:15 AM
But it may not be SERENA.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20030120/mdf190474.jpg

VENUS is playing tough tennis against all of her opponents and has yet to drop a set in the process and this was further epitomized by her 6-4, 6-3 thrashing of Hantuchova to move herself into the Oz semi finals.

VENUS has harnessed her fiery shots with her calm demeanor and is looking more like the #1 player than her baby sis and she may be beginning to have a Grand Slam run herself this year.
Her next opponent will beither be Hardenne or Pascual and her straight set run should continue into the finals where she will hopefully meet and beat the current #1.

~RedRose~
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:16 AM
she moved to the Semis not Finals ... But she will get to the Final hopefully.

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:21 AM
Thanks, Yoshie - I just have been on the MSNBC site to much I guess. :eek:
I am also psychic so I just slipped out some good info so get your bets in now. :) LOL

fhkung
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
But it may not be SERENA.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20030120/mdf190474.jpg

VENUS is playing tough tennis against all of her opponents and has yet to drop a set in the process and this was further epitomized by her 6-4, 6-3 thrashing of Hantuchova to move herself into the Oz semi finals.

VENUS has harnessed her fiery shots with her calm demeanor and is looking more like the #1 player than her baby sis and she may be beginning to have a Grand Slam run herself this year.
Her next opponent will beither be Hardenne or Pascual and her straight set run should continue into the finals where she will hopefully meet and beat the current #1.
yeah, in your dream, pal......:rolleyes:

even if Serena wins, believe, she'll be more unpopular
coz of that, people will think that it's time for her to retire,
coz she's won everything, and if she's still there
playing tennis, believe me, the crowd will
always cheer for the underdog,
so you Serena worshippers better realize
before it's too late and before you guys
start bitching about how much Serena is disliked
or "hated" according to the "anti"-racist people

harloo
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:22 AM
After seeing Vee's stats tonight, I'm gonna pray that she comes out firing in the Henin matchup. She just needs to take it one point and match at a time. That's the way I'm approaching it until her or Serena holds up the trophy I will not underestimate anyone.

Good luck Vee and Ree! Vee take it from lil sis this time.

~RedRose~
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:23 AM
HArloo .... Henin isnt in the SF yet ... dont count ur chicks b4 they hatch!

CJ07
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:24 AM
V will reign supreme!

She's just waiting to peak

The finals is a good time :)

harloo
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by ~H707~
HArloo .... Henin isnt in the SF yet ... dont count ur chicks b4 they hatch!

Yoshie, Pascual is a good doubles player but I don't think she will take out Henin especially with the way she fought against Lindsay. More than likely it will be Henin in the semis.

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:32 AM
fhukin - The focus of my thread is about VENUS, not SERENA.
* someone else who can not understand what they read *

And is SERENA were to win the title, most fans, sponsors and promoters will definitely NOT want her to retire.

Maybe YOU should retire from tennis and become a fan of ice skating. :p

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:44 AM
so, I guess everyone in here believes Venus is over giving titles to Serena?

I sure your right.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by fhkung
yeah, in your dream, pal......:rolleyes:

even if Serena wins, believe, she'll be more unpopular
coz of that, people will think that it's time for her to retire,
coz she's won everything, and if she's still there
playing tennis, believe me, the crowd will
always cheer for the underdog,
so you Serena worshippers better realize
before it's too late and before you guys
start bitching about how much Serena is disliked
or "hated" according to the "anti"-racist people

Oops...fhkung...i think you've open the wrong hole again, cause i'm sure that came straight from your ass :kiss: :kiss:. You have to be more careful the next time :wavey:.

fhkung
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by bonkers186
Oops...fhkung...i think you've open the wrong hole again, cause i'm sure that came straight from your ass :kiss: :kiss:. You have to be more careful the next time :wavey:.
sorry, you are mistaken, the hole i use is not my ass,
maybe it's you that's been using the wrong hole......:rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:52 AM
tennisilove - SERENA earned her slam wins just as VENUS earned her slam wins. Only true idiots ever believed that they fixed wins.

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:55 AM
tennisilove - SERENA earned her slam wins just as VENUS earned her slam wins. Only true idiots ever believed that they fixed wins.

I never said they were fixed. :p I said, I don't believe Venus played her best last year against Serena...just in time for Serena to get a good Puma contract. Or perhaps to stop Serena from complaining. ;)

All the evidence supports it. Shall I list it?

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by fhkung
sorry, you are mistaken, the hole i use is not my ass,
maybe it's you that's been using the wrong hole......:rolleyes:

Sure sure buddy!!! :kiss: :wavey:

P.s. Cut down ont he anal sex will ya? Give it a break every now and then. We wouldn't want you slipping up too often now would we? :kiss:

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:59 AM
Asides from the 2-3 jerks in this thread, good post.
I think VENUS may make her run for the GS if she take the snakeworld title. :)

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:04 AM
Asides from the 2-3 jerks in this thread, good post.
I think VENUS may make her run for the GS if she take the snakeworld title. :)

Who you calling a jerk? just because my opinion varies from yours, I'm a jerk?

fhkung
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
Who you calling a jerk? just because my opinion varies from yours, I'm a jerk?
you're not, but the person starting this stupid thread certanly is,
well, you know about these Serena worshippers.....:rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:45 AM
fhkur - You know very well who the jerk is that I alluded to in my post, I am sure.

Shane54
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:02 AM
Venus is playing well. But unfortunately for her, Serena's best is going to be enough to beat Venus' best. The difference- the serve especially the second.

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Shane54
Venus is playing well. But unfortunately for her, Serena's best is going to be enough to beat Venus' best. The difference- the serve especially the second.

I don't by that. Venus' "flawed" second serve hurts her against NO ONE else but Serena? PLEASE:rolleyes:

Shane54
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:07 AM
Serena can take advantage of it b/c she knows it in and out better than anyone else....:rolleyes:

And BTW, I never did say that it doesnt hurt her against anyone else besides her sister. So what magic land did you pull that assumption from?

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:33 AM
Go for 4 VENUS!

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:39 AM
Only two more wins to go, VENUS!!

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:02 AM
I wish I could agree with you Teerex but I'm beginning to think Shane54 is right

azinna
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:18 AM
We have to see what's up with the Venus-Rena matchups this year. I honestly don't think V's 2nd serve wining % can go any lower than it's been. She obviously compensates for it tremendously. And furthermore, if she has decided to work hard, she'll be seriously troubling Rena's service game this year.

The one thing I can't condone from her is her forehand. This is because I know (from the hunger year of 2000) that if she works on it, it ceases to be a liability and actually turns into a stinging weapon. She needs to get that shot up.

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:38 AM
If Venus wants to win, she will. If Venus wants Serena to win, Serena will ;)

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:54 AM
Probly the sisters will win their semifinal matches and make another all willams final. but unfortunately we cant expect a competitive match from them... u know they are sisters no matter what....

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:08 PM
The poor anna slave, fhkung, is speaking out the wrong hole again! ROFL!

He's so sad because his fav has been dismissed again. No second week of the tournament for her! I'm so sure Serena and Venus' sponsors and world wide fans are tired of them winning, not. Maybe its just you haters who are tired? Yes that sounds right to me. Too bad hater.

GO USA!

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:27 PM
VENUS will go on another run as she did in 2000-01! :)

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:33 PM
I can not wait until the first ball is struck. :)