PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters vs. Myskina

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:17 AM
This could be a close match; as Myskina has a 2-1 edge on Kim. However, Kim won their last match in 2 sets, and has been playing the best tennis of her life.

Predictions?

Kim in tight two: 64 64

wongqks
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:19 AM
I think it is a more difficult match than people could imagine, all the hype has been on a semi between Serena and Kim, but Kim really have to be on guard for sure of an upset like what Myskina did to her in Leizip last year I thinl

Lisbeth
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately I haven't seen Myskina play yet this tournament - but Kim is playing very well and I think she'll win. It certainly won't be one of those 30 minute specials she's been having though!

CJ07
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:23 AM
Its up to Myskina

if she plays 100%, kim better watch out, if not she should be happy with her showing

Jericho
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:27 AM
i have a feeling myskina will win in a tough 3 set battle!!

SM
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:47 AM
as a serena fan thats probably what ur hoping for...;)!

anyway i think Myskina might take a set off Kim, but probably not win. good luck nastya anyway

selesrules
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:48 AM
I have *never* seen Myskina play :eek:

AjdeNate!
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:53 AM
Myskina will pund the hell out of her backhand down the line. I expect 3 sets. I expect Clijsters to come through as she has just a little bit more 'big match' experience, and her adoptive Aussie support.

victory1
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:00 AM
This are the apponents each played in route to the quarters. So with that said, it should be a close match.

Clijsters:
QF................................................ .................162
# 112 Reeves............................................ ........08
# 98 Mandula........................................... .........08
# 108 Poutchek.......................................... .......08
# 22 Coetzer........................................... ..........46
Total............................................. ..................232

Myskina:
QF................................................ .....................162
# 144 Fislova........................................... .............08
# 60 Gagliardi......................................... ..............16
# 29 Fernandez......................................... ............30
# 13 Rubin............................................. ...............70
Total............................................. ......................286

Jericho
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by SM
as a serena fan thats probably what ur hoping for...;)!

anyway i think Myskina might take a set off Kim, but probably not win. good luck nastya anyway

and as a serena-hater, of course you assume that...i really dont care who wins, if kim does more quality points for serena!! ;)

SM
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:34 AM
i dont hate her...but i always go for the underdogs! its in my nature

when hingis was #1 i always wanted her to lose, same when davenport was #1 , when jen was etc...it has nothing to do with hating her as u insinuate!

Jericho
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by SM
i dont hate her...but i always go for the underdogs! its in my nature

and myskina isnt the underdog?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SM
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:24 AM
eh? lost me...Myskina is one of my fave players fyi

disposablehero
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:47 AM
Kim hasn't been tested yet. And probably won't be tested in the Quarters, either.

~|Naomi|~
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:03 AM
This won't be as easy as many think it will be. It is 50/50 either player could win, I really wouldn't be surprised if Myskina wins but ofcourse I want and hope Kim wins:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:04 AM
Nastya's the one with nothing to lose :)
no pressure on her.

Jan 21st, 2003, 05:05 AM
I'm broke at the moment, but I'm prepared to put my last $20 on Kim (damn my mum for borrowing too much money)

Lynx
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:10 AM
I'm 100 % with untitled2284 here !

Come on, guys - get real! Anastasia needed 3 SETS against Chanda... Kim never needed 3 sets for her !!

Agreed: Kim didn't play very well in the 1st set against Amanda; still she's way better than Anastasia at the moment.
Barring accidents, Kim win win this in 2. :)

ARealVenusFan
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:33 PM
You cannot judge one match with another. Each one is different.

If Myskina plays within her abilities...she has a good chance.

GO ANATASIA!!!!

vs1
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:52 PM
I think that it will be close. Myskina will have her chances, but she'll need some help from Kim to win (like lots of UFEs from Kim). Myskina has had wins over better players in this tournament from Kim has, but I think that Kim is determined to get to the next round, and then to get to the final, and then to hold up that trophy. So my mind thinks that Kim will probably get the win. Probably in two sets...something like 7-5, 6-3. But I wish both girls well. I like them both.

Elleke
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:55 PM
Anastasia can surprise .. I hope Kim can win it, but Kim hasn't yet have taht difficult players, it were all players who were around number 90 or something in the world, except Amanda, but Amanda is an whole different story than Anastasia, I think it will be a good match, and I have no idea who'll win it!
Anastasia beat already Clarisa, Chanda so she is already tested, so I think it will be a difficult match for Kim, I think it'll go to 3 sets..
I just hope they play their best tennis, so I didn't stay up for nothing ;)

Dirty Sanchez
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:21 PM
Kim in 2 sets. 6-3 6-2. :)

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:32 PM
The same thing that happened to Hingis last year will most likely happen to Kim this year. Remember last year going into the final, Hingis was playing the best tennis of anybody (including the eventual winner Capriati) but still wasn't ready to challenge Jennifer when Jennifer stepped up her play in the second set when she was about to lose. The reason for that was because Hingis had an easier road to the final and wasn't tough match ready whereas Caprait was. Unfortunately, I think the same thing will happen to Clijsters and if Myskina can't do it, Serena will (I am picking Serena to win against Meghann Shaugnessy).

arn
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:01 PM
I hope Myskina gives Kim a tough match (but not losing of course ;) ) so Kim is ready for Serena. Up till now she didn't meet players who hit hard so this will be a totally different game.

Sonja
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:20 PM
I like both players. I think Anastasia will give it her all but I think Kim will emerge the victor.

Bigkimfan
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:50 PM
Kim in two...;)

Leena
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:24 PM
The way Kim is playing now... 6-2 6-2

I haven't seen Myskina in the AO yet, I haven't seen her since the US... but I don't see how she hurt Kim at all.

Tatiana Panova
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:29 PM
I think it will be pretty close as long as Myskina turns up 100% believing she can win - cos I have seen her get down on herself early on. I think Kim has more weapons consistently than Anastasia - but the overriding factor will be serving and returning. Both are supreme athletes so the rallies should be entertaining.

I say Kim in 3.

LucasArg
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:39 PM
Kim in straight sets. She is playing too good here.

Wimanna
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:52 PM
Kim in straight sets. Kim's coach Dehous was very confident...

Dawn Marie
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:40 PM
I thing it will be a dogfight and whoever serves best will win this. It also depends on how well their winner/error ratio is. I don't think Myskina should be underestimated as it seems she is playing her way into the tournament, she has faced mental challenges at this slam already, whereas Kim hasn't yet.

One set will be 7/5

that is all.:)

Ma. Estefania
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:51 PM
I want Myskina to win; but anyway it will be a tight match.

Deira
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:52 PM
I agree with Disposablehero, Kim has not been tested yet. My feeling is that in the mind's of many she's living off the fact that she beat a worn out Serena in the year-end championships. This is a new day folks. I'm not putting Kim's talents down, but I'm not sure she's "all that" yet. Time will tell ... as it always does ;)

england_rules
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:55 PM
Kim will win 6-4, 6-3!

tyk101
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:28 PM
Myskina is a bit inconsistent.. but I've seen her play.. she's fast and goes for lines.... if Clijsters is off (she can't carry this momentum all the way through) she'd better watch out...

Myskina df Clijsters

7-6 2-6 7-5

SerenaSlam
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:57 PM
yes, i was thinking the same exact thing, kim is really going to have to be on her guard. espn is supposed to be coming on live, now what i am wondering is if they will show serena or kim, they have really been leaning towards show the sisters more than anyone else on the womens tour. (which is normal for them and the ratings thing) but i think if they do show highlights of kim, and serena's entire match, they are starting to show a lil too much of the favorites thing. anyway, kim better be on her guard, i thought chanda was cruzing, but i've seen this gurl play many of times, she is a good mover, kim hits the ball w/ good pace, but it isn't good enough to push her back and make her play defense. she can just pick her game up really well, like she did against hingis, i think that is what she did to chanda rubin. and the last time she played chanda, chanda beat her, but i knew that wasn't really how she played, that was a bad match, then when i saw her playing against hingis, i thought that was her, but wasn't sure, so kim you better be on your heels, i want you in the semi's against serena, and serena you better be on your game as well, i want you to leave as runner up to venus, but w/ a lot of qualitly points!

1luv

england_rules
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:28 AM
Kim is already up 3-1 with a break!

Hurley
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:31 AM
Yes but she WAS up 3-0 with two breaks. :)

Hurley
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:31 AM
And now she's up two breaks again :rolleyes:

Come on, Nastya, make a match out of this :mad:

Hurley
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:35 AM
And here is why Kim is winning easily:

http://ausopen.org/images/netcam/large/rla1/016.jpg

england_rules
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:39 AM
LOL @ Hurley! Nice pic!

Hurley
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:43 AM
Well, if Kim is pounding winners -- and right now, her W/UE ratio is a stellar 1:1 -- and coming in behind them, as the picture shows, there really isn't much Nastya can do about that. But she needs to at least hang in.

england_rules
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:46 AM
U R right Hurley! Kim is obviously playing good and it must intimidate Myskina somewhat but she's a fighter! I expect the second set to be closer!