PDA

View Full Version : Venus and Elmo?

spokenword73
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Did anyone see the "interview" Elmo did with Venus? It was soooo cute. Afterwards Mary Jo said, "Venus never talks to me that much" That's because she doesn't like YOU, MJ. LOL

Simplify
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:59 PM
robrich, I saw that and I agree with you. LOL

I couldn't believe Mary Jo even said that. My thought was even though Elmo was the "fake" one, he was more "real" in interviewing Venus than MJ.:)

Infiniti2001
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:04 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/venuselmoweb.jpg

Deira
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:45 PM
I saw it. It was really cute. Venus obviously has a thing for Elmo ;)

Keith
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:47 PM
venus has a shiny forehead there. Was this right after her match?

Devon
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:50 PM
It really wat cute, and I thought exactly the same thing about Mary Jo: why would she talk to you that much when you haven't said anything nice about her in the whole tournament?

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:54 PM
awwwwww....shucks...:hearts: :hearts: Venus is every bit as adorable as Elmo. I just keep loving her more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more :worship: :hearts: :kiss:.

spokenword73
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the pic :bounce:

LeonHart
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:07 PM
How can u guys diss Mary Joe like that...she does a better job interviewing than u guys ever will in ur LIFe. and how do u knoe Venus dislike MJ :rolleyes:

Iconoclast
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Sounds like Mary Joe was trying to make a mark in the field of wittiness. Clearly without succes. But perhaps the audience might be at fault.

TeeRexx
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:27 PM
I've done interviews and i am many times better than Mary Jo.
Is she a speed talker now?
VENUS is aware of Mary Jo's comments just as we are and she is just able to put up a good public front even around people she does not like.

Have any of you noticed how she and SERENA no longer speak so highly of old Pete since de dissed both of them a couple of years ago?

graf630
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:31 PM
It was really nice to see a different, fun side to Venus.:)

apoet29
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Honestly, I loved the interview. It was really nice to see Venus so relaxed for a change.

Simplify
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:32 AM
How can u guys diss Mary Joe like that
Easily

she does a better job interviewing than u guys ever will in ur LIFe.
She hasn't yet.

and how do u knoe Venus dislike MJ
I don't.

~RedRose~
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:35 AM
Venus and Elmo were sooo cute!!

Jan 21st, 2003, 05:08 AM
Cute interview. They should do stuff like this more often rather than the boring press conference shit

Informative
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:23 AM
Elmo & Venus--great match!--Much better than Mary Joe who is not only a relentless and ridiculously petty critic of Venus's game (like Venus cares!--LOL)> MJ is also thoroughly incompetent as a commentator and interviewer. BTW: The voice of Elmo is a black man who in reality is 6' 5" (this is true--I kid you not). Long live V & E!!

Lisbeth
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:25 AM
Yes it was gorgeous.

Aloysius
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:27 PM
I think Elmo should do a spot of tennis commentating. That would be so cool. He'd provide a totally different perspective and perhaps a totally fresh sound to the usual drivel of "facts" they trot out year after year. My perfect commentating team: Elmo and Bud Collins. LOL. Bloody brilliant! The only risk that runs is Bud Collins becoming as unwelcome as Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars. ;)

Simplify
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:39 PM
Well one thing's for sure. I bet Bud has a jacket and/or bowtie to match Elmo's color. LOL