PDA

View Full Version : Eleni Daniilidou & Gabriella Sabatini

Volcana
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:35 AM
The first time I saw Daniilidou, I thought 'Sabatini'. She was walking onto the court. It's not how she plays, it's the looks and build. Anybody else see any resemblance betweenthe two?

Jakeev
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:41 AM
They are very similiar but I frankly think Gabe looked a lot more graceful on court.

Another similarity I have heard is that for being a tall woman, she uses a lot of finesse on court; much similiar to Gabe. But when the future comes and goes, I think Eleni will be known for being a much more powerful player.

JohnBoy
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:42 AM
I totally agree, although Eleni has a much larger build. They may also have another thing in common according to some people on this board - rumour going around on Saturday during her 3rd round match was that Daniilidou is gay. I for one couldn't care less if that was the case..

JohnBoy

Dawn Marie
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:44 AM
I think they have loads in common. I also think IF Eleni gets in 100% tip top shape that her career will end up better then Gaby's. The more I see Eleni play the more impressed I am.

Simplify
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Actually, as I watched her, I kept saying how much she favors Phillippousis(sp).

Jakeev
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Gabe is a lesbian? I am not aware of that at all.

selesadmirer
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
I think they have loads in common. I also think IF Eleni gets in 100% tip top shape that her career will end up better then Gaby's. The more I see Eleni play the more impressed I am. Nicely said.

SM
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:12 AM
i agree. well said dawn. but i think her serve not fitness may be a more persistent problem...i hope she works and makes it atleast semi-decent

matthias
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Daniilidou looks like sabatini - LOL
you must be blind

Dawn Marie
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Eleni is really pretty, a natural. What is so surprising about the comparison? Anyway, I don't think her serve is her problem her nerves maybe, but her serve is fine. Face it the kid faced a hot Serena who is the #1 player. She pressed too hard, Serena was inside her head imho.

Anyway, I think her fitness is key. Especially on clay or during the French Open. I just don't see her at the moment hanging in 7 long matches. If you want to win majors and make it to #1 on the WTA tour, yah gotta be in great physical shape. I do think she lost some pounds and looks good. I think she is heading in the right direction. If she gets 100% fit and continues to work on her game I see no reason why she can't win slams and get to #1. She's that good imho. I liked her style when I first saw her.

GO ELENI, but not when you're playing Venus or Serena. :)

irma
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:03 AM
. if her serve is a problem, doesn't fit the comparing with sabatini then even more?

Aloysius
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Re: Gay rumours. I have to point out that before Eleni took up tennis at age 11, she was always more interested in playing basketball. And we all know the stereotype of the WNBA. ;)

I think Gaby was more talented than Eleni. One thing they do have in common is their serve. Today, anyway. Eleni usually serves quite well. Perhaps today was one of her freaky off-days.

Gaby is rumoured to be gay as well. Oh, and she used to play a lot of basketball as a young teenager too. ;)

Btw, I am just kidding. Eleni once said that she had a small crush on Mark Phillippoussis. (Yeah, and Rosie O'Donnell had a "small crush" on Tom Cruise too. ;))

Experimentee
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:01 PM
They are both good looking but I dont think they look anything alike, apart from the skin tone.

selesadmirer
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
Eleni is really pretty, a natural. What is so surprising about the comparison? Anyway, I don't think her serve is her problem her nerves maybe, but her serve is fine. Face it the kid faced a hot Serena who is the #1 player. She pressed too hard, Serena was inside her head imho.

Anyway, I think her fitness is key. Especially on clay or during the French Open. I just don't see her at the moment hanging in 7 long matches. If you want to win majors and make it to #1 on the WTA tour, yah gotta be in great physical shape. I do think she lost some pounds and looks good. I think she is heading in the right direction. If she gets 100% fit and continues to work on her game I see no reason why she can't win slams and get to #1. She's that good imho. I liked her style when I first saw her.

GO ELENI, but not when you're playing Venus or Serena. :) Im glad you are noticing the talent of Eleni,well said again.

Volcana
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:38 PM
JohnBoy - Word to the wise. The best way to keep rumors you 'couldn't care less' about from spreading is not to repeat them. If, OTOH, you ARE intersted in spreading those rumors, mentioning them in threads where the topic hasn't been brought up will do the job nicely.

fhkung
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:35 AM
Gaby is a lot more talented.....
her backhand's a lot more lethal
and she can put topspins to
the balls better than Eleni.....
plus now the women's tennis
has more depth compared to Gaby,
reaching TOP 20 does prove Eleni
to be a good player, but
not in Gaby's league though

Fingon