PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else see the resemblance of Kim Clijsters and Athina Onassis?!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:06 AM
I always thought they looked alike... meh... oh well

victory1
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:10 AM
I think Athina is beautiful, she looks nothing like Kim. I just don't see the resemblance, that does not mean it's not there.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:14 AM
I think Kim is more beautiful than Athina. I think they are both not ideal beauties, but I find them both really gorgeous anyway! :hearts: :hearts:

victory1
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:15 AM
That's good Mrs Guga, remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder!:wavey:

Venus Forever
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:16 AM
I always though that Hewitt and Kim looked a like. Especially when Lleyton had the long hair. I thought it was disgusting.

But, he doesn't look like that anymore, so it's okay.

I know, :rolleyes:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:31 AM
lol!

Jakeev
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:37 AM
I think Athina turned out to be a very beautiful young woman. But a lot of that I think is in her very mature and friendly attitude.

Say what you will about her father, I think he has done an outstanding job raising a young lady who I pray will not inherit the "Onassis curse."

angele87
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:02 AM
OMG :eek: :eek: I got a magazine the other day and there were some pictures of Athina and in one of them I was like omg, she looks just like Kim :eek:

I think Kim is prettier though, if only because Athina looks upset or angry all the time :(

keta
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:13 AM
does any one have a pictrue of Athina Onassis??

Ting
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
I always though that Hewitt and Kim looked a like. Especially when Lleyton had the long hair. I thought it was disgusting.

Totally agree;)

DiNaPic
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by keta
does any one have a pictrue of Athina Onassis??

from the few pics that I found via google, I cannot really agree to a look alike to Kim. check by yourself:

http://www.jt.estadao.com.br/editorias/2002/10/18/Esp4.jpg

http://mujer.tercera.cl/2002/11/30/img/onassis01.jpg

http://www.hola.com/2001/03/07/2953athinaonassis/imgs/onassis-1b.jpg

http://cache.elmundo.es/larevista/num103/imagenes/gente2.jpg

http://www.stern.de/_content/50/26/502657/athinaonassis250.jpg

http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/2003/01/12/news/news05.asp

The world's wealthiest teenager
In two weeks' time Aristotle Onassis's granddaughter will inherit R37bn, but money can't buy what she wants most - an Olympic medal
By ANDREW UNSWORTH: London

Athina Onassis is a teenager who loves boys and horses. But she is anything but an ordinary girl.
When she turns 18 in two weeks' time, Onassis will inherit R37-billion, making her by far the richest teenager in the world.
The world's most eligible teenager already gets an annual allowance of R8.2-million. When she turns 21 she will land another R31-billion.
Despite all her wealth, the only child's greatest wish is to win a gold medal for Greece in next year's Olympic Games in Athens.
Onassis's money has enabled her to set up her own stables with the finest horses from around the world and to employ the best instructors.
Now a brilliant horsewoman, she has won a place in the Greek showjumping team. Her love of horses has also brought love into her life.
Her first serious boyfriend is handsome Alvaro "Doda" Alfonso de Miranda Neto, a 29-year-old Brazilian showjumper who won a bronze medal in the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
She met him last February and they have become inseparable. Onassis even invited Neto to join her for Christmas on her personal island of Skorpios in Greece, which she inherited from her grandfather.
"We have never been worried about hiding our romance," Neto says. But Neto's former wife Sibele Dorsa has publicly branded him a gold digger.
"He exchanged me for Athina's money," Dorsa told London's Daily Mail. "She can buy him horses and I can't." Neto, however, claims that he and his wife parted because she could not adapt to life in Europe and wanted to return to Brazil.
Onassis is the granddaughter of Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis, the man who dumped opera diva Maria Callas for Jackie Kennedy, the widow of former US President John F Kennedy.
Athina's mother, Christina, inherited the Onassis fortune when Aristotle died in 1975, but it brought her no happiness.
She divorced Athina's father, French playboy Thierry Roussel, a year before she died in 1988.
Athina was just three when her mother died, becoming the heiress to the entire Onassis fortune, spread across 217 bank accounts around the world and controlled by four Greek businessmen until her 18th birthday.
She grew up and still lives in a vast chateau in the Swiss village of Lussy-sur-Morges near Lausanne. The estate on Lake Geneva has high gates and elaborate security.
As a child she enjoyed her own zoo in the grounds, and her mother gave her her own flock of sheep complete with a shepherdess because her favourite nursery rhyme was Baa Baa Black Sheep. Even her dolls had new designer outfits by Chan el and Dior delivered every year.
Instead of a pram, her mother bought her an R82 000 miniature Ferrari Testarossa. For a buggy she had a baby Rolls-Royce worth R275 000.
After her mother's death, Athina's father and her Swedish stepmother lived with her and tried to give her a "normal" childhood. But normality was not easy to arrange; she went to the local state school in an armour-plated Mercedes-Benz, and had guards peep under her bed before she could go to sleep.
Roussel fought an unsuccessful legal battle to win control of his young daughter's fortune, but he had to settle for £20-million.
"She is a wise girl, uncomplicated, straightforward and unspoilt," he says.
She will have to be, to avoid the attention of gold diggers and the curse of great wealth which destroyed her mother. Christina never found happiness, plunging from one disastrous relationship into another, while her life was blighted by eating disorders, drug abuse and depression.
Three weeks before her 38th birthday, Christina was found dead in her bath in Buenos Aires. Amid rumours of suicide and drug abuse, the coroner at first refused to sign the death certificate, but in the end her death was attributed to a heart attack. It was said to have been caused by the excessive use of slimming tablets.
"I have seen what happens to rich kids," says Roussel, "the way they get into drugs and things. I wanted Athina to know that money is not everything."
In an effort to instil this in his daughter, her schoolfriends and even children from the local orphanage would be invited to her mansion for pool parties, tennis tournaments and horse riding.
"Athina has many friends," her father says. "She has always been aware that she is privileged - that most people do not and cannot live the same way.
"I have sought to teach her that money is not a gold statue that you must worship, and that generosity of spirit is the most precious gift you can have."

gentenaire
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:00 PM
I don't think she looks like Kim in those pics (and that pic with the glasses is awful :o )

gentenaire
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:04 PM
I can see more similarities in this pic.
http://www.housesearch.ch/images/roussel.jpg

Beat
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
I don't think she looks like Kim in those pics (and that pic with the glasses is awful :o )

i agree.

anyway, they have certainly something in common: money (though athina has got a little bit more of that :o )

gentenaire
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:07 PM
I'm glad I'm not that rich.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:45 PM
She wants to give all the money to a charity

gentenaire
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Mrs_Guga
She wants to give all the money to a charity

I'd probably do the same...well, not all of it. Having that much money is dangerous.

keta
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:25 PM
She sooooooooo does not! I cnat se nay resembalnce at all! :o

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:38 PM
She can give all the money to me....:D

selesfan1
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:42 PM
I think she resembles elke more but I really don't see it for kim or elke

Rocketta
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:48 PM
37 billion at 18 and then another 31 billion at 21. :eek: :eek: :eek: got to mighty knows!!!

Mike_T
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:27 PM
I see not much resemblance. Far more resemblance to Jade Goody, a UK Big Brother contestant.

Kim is the spitting image of someone I knew at school. He had THE SMELLIEST kit bag imaginable! Every time I see Kim, Iím reminded of him and that bag!

Sorry, but to me she looks very boyish, not pretty at all, and dare I say, like Jade Goody, a certain piggy resemblance!

Jade Goody http://www.tiscali.co.uk/technology/images/jadefp100x100.jpg

Mazza
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:32 PM
I cannot see the reseblance. :o :o

But! She does NOT look anything like bloody Jade! :o She looks more like Athina than Jade!

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:10 PM
I can see a resemblance, something around the forehead and eyes, but I think Athina is a little better looking.....but I haven't really seen Kim made up etc.

Dirty Sanchez
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Kim looks nothing like Jade!!!!!
I can't see the resemblance with the rich girl either! :)

Ma. Estefania
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:21 PM
I agree Mrs. Guga, they look alike a lot, specially the shape of the face, and the part of eyes.
IMO.....both are pretty ugly.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Ma. Estefania
I agree Mrs. Guga, they look alike a lot, specially the shape of the face, and the part of eyes.
IMO.....both are pretty ugly.

LMAO...that was hella mean, but kinda funny also...:o :devil:.

selesfan1
Oct 24th, 2003, 12:42 AM
I saw the A&E Biography of Christina Onassis and I no longer get jealous when I see the fabulous life of anyone except maybe the beckhams, The Onassis fortune puts Britney, P. Diddy, J Anniston,Affleck, Pitt, J.lo and all the other people on the fabulous life of to sham( except the Beckhams)

Dawn Marie
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Mrs Guga you always know how to make me laugh.. LOL

Mrs. Peel
Oct 24th, 2003, 05:07 AM
37 billion at 18 and then another 31 billion at 21. :eek: :eek: :eek: got to mighty knows!!!

Why did you have to tell us that :sad: :sad:

::opens can of Chicken of the Sea to prepare for lunch tomorrow, making sure not to forget the Ritz Crackers::

TM
Oct 24th, 2003, 05:24 AM
http://www.jt.estadao.com.br/editorias/2002/10/18/Esp4.jpghttp://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3082/3533kimclijsters2003-thumb.jpg

yup they @ least share this same expression... :)

servenrichie
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:48 AM
I have always though they have a certain resemblance to each other. While you cant call them pretty, they are certainly beautiful in their own way. If you see Kim make up, the you will know that she is beautiful.

venusgold
Oct 24th, 2003, 09:53 AM
I have always though they have a certain resemblance to each other. While you cant call them pretty, they are certainly beautiful in their own way. If you see Kim make up, the you will know that she is beautiful.

Indeed, Kim is very Beautiful.

fifiricci
Oct 24th, 2003, 10:29 AM
I see not much resemblance. Far more resemblance to Jade Goody, a UK Big Brother contestant.

Kim is the spitting image of someone I knew at school. He had THE SMELLIEST kit bag imaginable! Every time I see Kim, Iím reminded of him and that bag!

Sorry, but to me she looks very boyish, not pretty at all, and dare I say, like Jade Goody, a certain piggy resemblance!

Jade Goody http://www.tiscali.co.uk/technology/images/jadefp100x100.jpg

Mioaw!!! Kim is much prettier than Jade. I think you need to visit Kim's website Mike and look at the Hampton Bays piccies - you have to admit from that that Kim brushes up pretty well. I'd smack you one if I was Kim and you compared me to Jade.

kim4eva
Oct 24th, 2003, 10:43 AM
I reckon Kim doesn't look similar to Athina and nothing like Jade. Her smile and everything makes her more beautiful than just her appearance. But I have to admit Kim is definitely a natural beauty.

Just wanna ask a question...
is it illegal to post someone's pic without their permission? coz this girl in my class REALLY looks like Kim...I might delete it if it is...

-Ph51-
Oct 24th, 2003, 10:51 AM
They look alike indeed! :bounce:

azza
Oct 24th, 2003, 11:18 AM

lol :o

skanky~skanketta
Oct 24th, 2003, 11:35 AM
oh how i hate that athina!buying a cow for 320000!BITCH!a COW!what da fuck????

TM
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:46 PM
http://www.stern.de/_content/50/26/502657/athinaonassis250.jpg

MuchMusic : Toronto Canada

hey i'm watching this special on MM which is utterly ridikulus. i can't watch it anymore. it's about young celebs and their money.

At the beginning there was a featurette on Andy Roddick and The Williams Sisters :angel:

when they showed ATHINA i :lol: :eek:...they used this pic above too..

TM
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:48 PM
If you catch MuchMusic you can see them re-air tonite 9 ET & Midnight

jd
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:00 AM
and does any1 else see the resemblance between Nathalie Delchy and Mia Haam??