PDA

View Full Version : the question now becomes...

tennisIlove09
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:02 AM
What means more to Venus? Winning a major or seeing Serena complete the Serena Slam?

With the way Serena struggled against Loit, and Richard admitting Venus is the better player, it furthers my belief that Venus gave last year to Serena.

Yet, I am still unsure about whether Venus is over that. Early on at the AO, she said it wasn't her goal to stop the Serena Slam.

So, I wonder what is more important to Venus...

tennisfan1972
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:54 AM
I think seeing Serena complete the serena slam is more important. I f i were her i would make sure i either got to the final to assure she had oit or make sure i tire out anybody who may make the final to play against her, assuming she makes it of course. Venus will definately win either Wimbledon or USopen this year. French open if she really wants it. I think she plasy clay a lot better than serena. i think French open was the "gift"..and wimbledon too <smile>

DD
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:03 AM
when richard said serena was the better player. she was the one who needed a boost over big sis now that venus needs a boost against serena he says venus is the better player. i think is a mental thing.

BTW i dont think venus gave it to serena. if that was the case why didnt she give thse 2001 us open final to her. she wasnt botherd when she lose the french open but you could clearly see she was down after the wimbledon and us open lose. they have never played well against each other before. they play an OK match. i am just hoping they both play well in this final so we could draw some conclusions

disposablehero
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Maybe Kim will save Venus from having to answer that question.

Venus Forever
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by DD
when richard said serena was the better player. she was the one who needed a boost over big sis now that venus needs a boost against serena he says venus is the better player. i think is a mental thing.

BTW i dont think venus gave it to serena. if that was the case why didnt she give thse 2001 us open final to her. she wasnt botherd when she lose the french open but you could clearly see she was down after the wimbledon and us open lose. they have never played well against each other before. they play an OK match. i am just hoping they both play well in this final so we could draw some conclusions

I totally agree.:)