PDA

View Full Version : Eleni Daniilidou

JohnBoy
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Having Just watched the Williams v Daniilidou match several things need to change for Eleni if she is to be a real threat in the game instead of just a number that will earn a lot of money. Firstly the serve, what a liability it is. With Eleni's height and power this shot should be a weapon - instead it was pissweek with no real penetration. What she needs to do is start again with that stroke and find a coach who will teach her the fundementals of that shot. Her current serve is erratic and prone to double faults. Secondly and most importantly she needs to work hard on her fitness. I know that she has trimmed down but she looked overweight. I also know that i will be criticised for saying that but this is fact.. Eleni has the game to be top 5 but that will not be achieved if these two obstacles (that is what they are) aren't rectified. She has the potential , question being does she have the desire and the want to work hard to get rid of those liabilities! As a huge fan of Eleni i fealt that i needed to be objective about this and i believe i have.

JohnBoy

TS
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Agree with most of what you say. Im also a huge fan of hers and Im slowly waiting for everything to come together.

That serve was pathetic today, and I know how much better it really is than that. I dont know what she's done to it, but she has to work on that, and that should be number one priority definately.

I dont think she is overweight (TV makes her look worse), and as you said she definately has trimmed down in the past year which has helped her a little bit, but I agree in that improvements can still be made in that area. I wouldnt call it overweight though, she is 'almost but not quite' there.

Tennis Fool
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:50 AM
So, do you think she needs to hit the weights (for her serve) or run steps (to move better)?

selesadmirer
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:07 AM
she definetly got a lot fitter..But her serve was horrendous.I hope she fixes it.

JC
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:10 AM
i thought she was going to do much better than that. she was pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and it was my second time watching her.