PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Coetzer vs Kim Clijsters

selesrules
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Does anyone think that Amanda has a shot? I think Clijsters will keep winning easily :eek: I have a feeling that people won't call Monica fat or insult me in this thread, since I didn't predict Serena to maybe lose.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:27 AM
No because Amanda never beats Kim. :)

selesrules
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:28 AM
OMG, you don't think Amanda will win? Then Guga is FAT and you are a hater. LOL

disposablehero
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:28 AM
I don't think Amanda has a shot. Not wanting to break out the "no weapons" cliche, but here it really does apply. Amanda needs Kim to beat herself, and I just don't see that happening.

Joseosu19
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Amanda 1-6 7-6 14-12

Gonzo Hates Me!
LOL! No, you're supposed to say Guga is anorexic and Guga = monkey!!!

TS
I hope Amanda wins, but I cant see it happening :(

My prediction is something like 6-1 6-2 to Kim.

~|Naomi|~
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:33 AM
I hope Kimmie wins and also plays very well:)

Venus Forever
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Amanda does have a chance. She does seem to be playing well, and Kim doesn't seem to be living up to her level. Besides, Kim might be a little tired from all the singles and doubles the last three weeks, and Kim has not been tested. Everyone she played is ranked 90 or above.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Kim is not tired. You would think she would be, but she has shown no sign of it. Tennis players have often gone weeks and weeks of winning streaks and not losing. I know this is one! I can feel it! I don't think Kim is ready to lose yet. She is playing like there's no tomorrow. She is the 3rd most difficult, feared and intimidating player on the tour after the sisters. She is far above the rest and phenomenal right now. Amanda is good. Why would phenomenal lose to good?!

selesrules
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:46 AM
now that I think of it, amanda has beaten Seles, Graf, Davenport, Hingis, Venus, etc. so why not Clijsters? :confused: Also rebound ace seems to be where she plays her best. I won't count her out.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:48 AM
But that was Amanda when Amanda was at her prime. She is out of her prime now

TS
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:50 AM
If this match was played in the day, with this heat, Id give Amanda a chance as she thrives on it.

However, at night I think its going to be another lopsided womens night match.

Venus Forever
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:51 AM
I didn't mean to say she was tired, but she may be on that road.

She has played three straight weeks, going into the fourth.

She got to the Semi's of the Hopman Cup, playing both singles and doubles. She went to the finals in both events at Sydney. And she is entered in both events here and is still in both events.

I wouldn't be surprised if fatigue is starting to set in.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Well... yeah. I just think that tennis players have done this in the past--many times, going weeks and weeks--what dominance is all about, like Venus and Serena--Lleyton. And there is no reason why Kim should suddenly not be able to do it too against a player like Coetzer and hopefully against Rubin or Myskina. I just hope she doesn't get tired.

Dawn Marie
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Well,Amanda is a fiesty player but I can't see how she can trouble Kim. It really depends on which KIm shows up? If the UE Kim shows up then Amanda has a chance. If the low UE's Kim shows up, then for sure Kim.

Kim 6/4 7/5 For high UE Kim . I think Amanda is going to get 7-9 games. Just a feeling.:) 6/2 6/2 for low UE Kim.

Sofiane
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:10 AM
I hope Kim wins, Amanda is no pushover, she is a great player and great competitor.

victory1
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Kim should have no problem with Amanda, I'll be surprise if she wins more than 4 games.

Sofiane
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:20 AM
what's the head to head?

Venus Forever
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:24 AM
3-0 Kim I think.

disposablehero
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
Amanda does have a chance. She does seem to be playing well, and Kim doesn't seem to be living up to her level.

In that case, Kim's "Real Level" scares the piss out of me, even. Is her "Real Level" when she stops dropping any games to anyone on any surface?

Venus Forever
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Kim is beating opponents ranked in the 90s and higher, she should be beating them that badly even when off. If they were in the 50s in the rankings, the scoreline would be a lot closer.

Aphrodite
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:50 AM
its 3-0
with kim winning

the three
6-4 6-2
6-4 6-3
6-1 6-1

however, one was on grass(6-4 6-2), one was on carpet-indoor (6-4 6-3), and one was on Hardcourt-indoor(6-1 6-1- this one however was much closer every game went to a breakpoint for coetzer or clijster-the match was an hour and 30 min, and it was the Coetzer of 2002-not a great year for the veteran)

These 3 matches were played on either grass or indoor, 2 of the worst surfaces for coetzer, she isn't the same player, the surfaces are way to fast!!!!)

this is rebound ace, Coetzer's fave surface along with clay:)
and don't forget Coetzer has made 2 SF, 1 QF, and 4 R, possibly a QF this year.

Coetzer's record here is 30-10:kiss
that is very impressive, Coetzer has made about 50 winners in her last 3 matches.
She beat Sugiyama,Schett, Maleeva, Pistolesi solid players:)
Easily:) in last 2 weeks.
It is really hott today(humid) Coetzer loves that, She is the underdog(Coetzer loves being the underdog)
Coetzer played kim in doubles( she loves making stragedies against players she has played recently)
Thats how she had Graf.
( as much as kim has crowd support here, so does Amanda as she is a favorite here for years)
Coetzer's forhand is on.
She is aggresive coming to net.
If Clijsters overestimates Coetzer as many of u posters are, u might just get a suprise:)

In the end I bet on Clijsters winning, but don't overestimate Coetzer ever, she almost beat Justine last week(leading in both sets by a break)
(she is known for upsets at rare times)
Kim will probably win 6-4 6-4
as she is playing amazing tennis, and she is just to powerful,:)
however don't overestimate a confident Coetzer:)

Aphrodite
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:43 AM
clijsters could be next?