PDA

View Full Version : Elenis serve

SM
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Just watching SerenA v Eleni. Eleni has a great baseline game and is playing better than serena so far, but there was a game which she lost after she broke serving 4 doubles! Shes had about ten so far and is serving to stay in the set at 4-5 when she should be serving for it :(.

is her serve usually a liability? It looks anna-esque :eek:

SM
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:25 AM
btw elenia fans - i think if she works on her serve theres no reason she cant match anyone really. her bh looked awesome! :)

CJ07
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:33 AM
nerves probably

SM
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Eleni looks to have a problem with her shoulder, she was just rubbing it after going down 1-5, serena with double break in set2!

Tough loss 4-6 1-6, esp. after a great start but she looked great and uninhibited by Serena in set1. But you cant blame her for having a lapse of conecntration towards the end of the match due to the serving woes.

A good tournament Eleni, better luck next time! Im sure she'll do very well at the other majors this year.

TS
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:18 AM
It wasnt nerves...she has been serving this badly all week :(

Still...as Sm said, she is great off the ground and from the back of the court, but that serve :o

Last year her serve was a bit of a weapon but for some reason she has shaved off a lot of pace and gone for some sort of kick serve thing, and also goes for more placement. I hope she works on it, cos if it wasn't for the serve it would've been a much closer match :( Anyway, apparently she has some sort of shoulder complaint, which may be hindering her service speed, lets just hope its not a serious one.

Fine effort this week anyway :)

TSequoia01
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Eleni is going to be a great player. I love her tactics and variety, but needs work on her service return and serve. Unlimited potential. :cool:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Yeah, fix the serve Lenie!!!

Berlin_Calling
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Eleni's serve is usually a big weapon of hers. I dont know what went on today but she hits a lot of aces and I have never seen her serve be a liability :confused: