PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone watching the U.S Figure skating nationals

selesfan1
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Michale Weiss won the men's pfffffffffffffff:rolleyes: Everyone made mistakes there was no clean program. Johnny Weir had to withdraw right when he was skating first he skated into the boards the he did like the splits on another jump. I feel so bad for him but DAMN HE'S FINE :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: He look a lot more mature Tim Goebel won the silver and Ryan Johnke won the bronze.

the women's short program was awesome for Sasha Cohen and Michelle Kwan. Michelle skated with so much ease. I am really looking forwad to the long program. Sarah Hughes didn't fall but she didn't skate great. Anne Patrice McDonough looks sooo sad always like Jelena Dokic did at the beginning of her career. What I was surprised is that there are a lot of Korean Americans including a girl in 5th place Ye Bok Kim I think is her name. Jenny Kirk is always 4th and Amber Corwin lways leaves a lotto ask for. Where are Angela Nikodinov and Naomi Nari Nam?

Also Is Brian Boitano gay and is Johnny Weir gay because his costumes always look very glittery r at leat this week they did.
But w:hearts: w at Johnny.

Justin
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Brian and Johnny are as gay as the day is long.

When did you step out of the closet, selesfan?

selesfan1
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:29 PM
I haven't stepped out of the closet but I sure would love to go out on a date with Johnny.

Justin
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Hmmm, it is gonna be hard to fit a movie theatre and a dinner table in that closet, isn't it?

selesfan1
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:54 PM
Justin you haven't caught on that's exactly where I want me and him to be so we ca get to know each other better and more intimately. Speaking of figure skating did Rudy Galindo have aids or is that just something I made up

Justin
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:56 PM
I knew this day would come. ;)

Someone around here owes me $20-- you know who you are.

Justin
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:03 PM
None of the American skaters appeal to me too much. Goebel would, if he would keep his mouth shut. Yagudin and Fedor are hotties, though. :drool:

Rudy does have AIDS.

selesfan1
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Someone madea bet on me? I feel so honored ;)

Barrie_Dude
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Figure Skating Is A Wussie Sport!

Justin
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Spoken like a jealous Canadian.

Barrie_Dude
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:47 PM
No, we have the best figure skaters in Canada. But real men play hockey!

the jamierbelyea
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Did someone say Johnny?

I know him well enough to know to not answer anything questions on his personal life :)

Johnny blew it. That bastard. We're mad at him. Although we still love him, he just gave up. I understand why he did, but damn you anyway.

Anne patrice deserved a better place in the long.. She deserved to go to worlds.. :( Oh well

Canda have some good figure skaters tho. Jen Robinson is beautiful (but slow) and Jeffrey Buttle is MINE .. err I mean very expressive.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Oh and for the record. I know what Johnny's fave resteraunt is, and where he'd like to have dinner. :)

the jamierbelyea
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:07 AM
oh and also
for anyone interested

Angela withdrew after bombing her short (11th place)

Naomi hopes to qualify for nationals for next season (she's been saying that for 3 years)

:)

M2k
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude
But real men play hockey!

---> :rolleyes: nahh real men are the ones that stick to their guns and do what makes them happy.

M2k
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:47 AM
first let me say that while the men's comp was fill with errors, Ryan Janke finally medals and goes to the world championships :D WOW He has so much flair and joy to his skating :hearts: :hearts: I love him !!

The women were exceptional as always :worship: Michelle just skated one of her best programs ever, she has speed, the attitude, jumps, and her footwork has improve sooo much, unreal. WOW I'm also very sad for Ann P. M --->:sad: ...aside from the double axel (which was singled) she had 7 triple jumps and a very beautiful program:sad: and still she lost cuz' the judges wanted to promote Sasha, who had a sloppy and lifeless skate.

Michelle :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

schris
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Michelle!!! :D

M2k
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by schris
Congratulations Michelle!!! :D

you like Michelle ???:D :D :D smart boy :kiss:

King Satan
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Figure skating sucks!

schris
Jan 19th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by M2k
you like Michelle ???:D :D :D smart boy :kiss:

Yes! She is one of the best figure skaters in the history!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:26 AM
michelle!!!!! :D :bounce: :kiss:

too bad we don't get to see it over here....... :( :sad:

Jia You Michelle!!!!!!! :bounce:

geoepee
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Congrats to Michelle Kwan for showing everyone who's the real queen of figure skating in the US :) She was amazing!

BTW, what was up with all of the mistakes from the men? Poor Johnny after his great short program. I personally think he has a problem dealing with the pressure of it all. He's talented and he knows he is,.... oh well. And what happened with Matt Savoie? I know his knee was injured, but jumping right into the boards! Then the strap thingee flying around!..... Timothy was just rusty, but it cost him the championship, he deserved to win. Lucky Weiss. Weiss, 3 time lucky champion, lol.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:09 PM
I think the Johnny Camp and the rest of us know that he doesn't quite have the killer instinct yet to overcome pressure spots. Take last years Nationals where he looked absolutley petrified before his routine. He said he never wanted to look like that again, and he basically had that look this year :(

The World and Four Continents teams have been announced for the men and women:

Worlds:
Michael Weiss
Timonthy Geobel
Ryan Janke

1st Alt: Scott Smith
2nd Alt: Matt Savoie :(
3rd Alt: Parker Pennington

Michelle Kwan
Sarah Hughes
Sasha Cohen

1st Alt: Ann-Patrice McDonough :(
2nd Alt: Jenny Kirk
3rd Alt: Ye Bin Mok

4 Continents

Timonthy Geobel
Ryan Janke
Scott Smith

1st Alt: Matt Savoie :(
2nd Alt: Parker Pennington

Sarah Hughes
Ann-Patrice McDonough
Jenny Kirk

1st Alt: Ye Bin Mok :(
2nd Alt: Amber Corwin

Ye Bin will go to Junior Worlds (her last year of eligibilty).. Parker will go to the Junior worlds as well.

The world and 4 Continents team for the pairs are Tiffany Scott/Philip Dulebohn, Kathryn Orscher/Garrett Lucash, and Rena Inoue/John Baldwin Jr. Stephanie Kaselvic and Aaron Parchem are 2nd alternates for both teams.