PDA

View Full Version : SHE'S BAAACK!!!

Linnie
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Article from French Yahoo today! (babelfish translation ;))

Thursday January 16, 2003, 15h59

Amélie Mauresmo: "To find Signal 5"

PARIS, 16 jan (AFP) - Completely reassured on the state of its wounded knee which had obliged it to declare fixed price for the International ones of Australia, Amélie Mauresmo, confirming its re-entry with Open of Paris of tennis from the 3 to February 9, ensures that it has the ambition "to find world Signal 5" this year.

"Thanks to the product injected to treat the degeneration of the patellar cartilage of my right knee, I do not suffer any more since the festivals of end of the year that I passed on the Coast Basque", east is delighted, in a telephone interview with the AFP, the best French player assembled to the 4th world rank last year.

"Since, I can involve myself normally in Geneva during five hours per day", tells Mauresmo, stressing that it "carries out with Xavier Moreau and my trainer Loïc Courteau the large physical preparation which could not be carried out in December".

"Of the races on track and a cardiac work which are not always funny but which is necessary", it adds, grateful that its physique, not always height of its great tennistic qualities, played some nasty tricks in the past to him.

To smell itself well

From the next weekend will begin the matches drive, with partners who remain to be found, until the departure for Tarbes where it will dispute with Nathalie Dechy saturdays evening February 1 a match of exhibition at the time of the competition of the "Small Aces".

Mauresmo will carry out its last week of drive in the capital before Open Gas of France, a test which it gained in 2001 and for which its principal rival will be American Serena Williams, the number one world.

"For this tournament I do not have a particular objective because that will take time to find my tennis. Essence, will be to smell me well physically ", adds it.

Mauresmo, 23 years, envisaged to dispute then, in addition to the EDF Cup, the tournaments of Antwerp, of Indian Wells, Key Biscane, Berlin and of Rome before presenting itself at Roland-Garros, with best of his form, it hopes, because to gain a tournament of the Large Slam remains one of its major objectives.

"If my knee holds, it there no reason which I do not find world Signal 5", concludes Mauresmo which found its usual optimism.

:D :D :D

YSL
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:43 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Come back strong Amélie.. We want you to find "Signal 5" too ;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks for the article, Linnie :worship:

old woman
Jan 17th, 2003, 02:23 PM
.....Thanks Linnie,:) ,for the news...
........while watching Aussie open,........the question was asked,
who if anybody,could topple the Williams sisters this year?......
....the answer came back.....a fully fit Amelie Mauresmo...........
..:bounce: :bounce: .....come back strong Amelie...:D

Life is a journey not a destination......:devil:

galadriel
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:23 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bероника
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Wonderful news!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I miss you Momo!!!

Caoimhe
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:10 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

yey!!
YEY!!
YEY!!
YEY!!

Time to kick ass this year Momo!

Sonja
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:20 PM
Flash Info - Gaz Site

1/21 - 10:04 - Mauresmo back in the Open Gaz de France

Amélie Mauresmo officialized her return and will participate to the tournament held February 3-9.

Amélie Mauresmo had missed the end of last season and the beginning of this through a knee injury but she will make her comeback to the competition for the Open Gaz de France in Paris. "I am looking forward to play again. I miss it so much. So see you at the Open Gaz de France in February", declared the French player.

Linnie
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:17 PM
"So see you at the Open Gaz de France in February", declared the French player.
See you, too :kiss:

;)

YSL
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Linnie
See you, too :kiss:

;)

LOL!

you took the words right out of my mouth, Linnie!