PDA

View Full Version : Joe Millionaire: Hunk or skunk?

CHOCO
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:16 PM
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/13/people.cel.marriott/story.marriott.jpg
"Plenty of girls haven't wanted a relationship with me because I didn't make enough money," says Marriott (in his L.A.-area digs).

Joe Millionaire: Hunk or skunk?
Evan Marriott goes for broke
Monday, January 13, 2003 Posted: 3:37 PM EST (2037 GMT)

(PEOPLE) -- A few weeks ago Evan Marriott kept to a strenuous schedule of jet-setting, fine dining and wooing women in the French countryside. Back home near L.A., all he wants to do is watch some hoops. "This is how I live," says Marriott, flipping on the TV while gesturing to an empty beer can, an unmade bed, strewn clothes and a pile of sports and men's magazines. "I'm the epitome of the single guy, huh?"

Not exactly. Few other single men have ever sought a soul mate by conning 20 women into thinking he's a chateau-dwelling aesthete worth $50 million, as Marriott does on the new FOX reality hit "Joe Millionaire." Ultimately Marriott, 28, will narrow the field to one woman and reveal his true identity: a $19,000-a-year construction worker. "He has a way with people," says mom Charlotte. "I always knew if the right thing came along, he would do well."

Just how well remains to be seen. Marriott is mum about the show's ending (which airs February 17), but he says that although he "started feeling guilty" about his deceit, "that died when I realized the innocence of it." He was tested more by his My Fair Laddie indoctrination in fencing, dancing and table etiquette. "Evan was pretty raw," says exec producer Jean-Michel Michenaud, "but he did great."

Forklifts over chilled forks
Marriott has always preferred forklifts to chilled forks. The son of Hank, 60, a Virginia Beach, Virginia, bank vice president, and Charlotte, 60, who manages a linen boutique, he graduated from high school in 1992 and modeled part-time while working as a hotel doorman in New York City.

At 22, when his money ran out, he returned to Virginia and began working at his godfather's construction firm. On the job "Evan grew long hair and wore flannel shirts with holes to blend in," says Charlotte. "He didn't want to be this pretty boy." After a stint acting in L.A. (he won a bit part in "Days of Our Lives" in 1999), he returned to construction and occasional modeling jobs.

At a 2001 Christmas party Marriott met a production staffer for "Joe" and landed the job within months. During the show's run he'll live in a FOX-funded home outside L.A. to escape the media onslaught. Marriott, who plans on returning to a hard-hat life, has no regrets about his stint in luxury's lap. But "at the end of the day," he says, "I'm just a bulldozer operator from Orange County."

Light-skinned Girl
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Skunk! :o

The handsome guy who was in The Bachelor 2 is a hunk. :)

decemberlove
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:53 PM
hes fucking ugly

LOOK AT THAT HAIR
eww

Flappie
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:59 PM
EWWW! Need i say more?!:eek:

darren cahill
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:20 PM
:hearts:

Celeste
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:25 PM
He's hot, but he must be a loser. With those looks, he either would have found some vapid chick equally dumb as he is and be living in poverty "in love," or found some rich chick to support him who was into his looks. The fact that he's still single means he is either terrible in bed (a small dick, bad execution, or both) and/or he's a real asshole to hang around. I'd fuck and blow him all night long in a heartbeat, but he's a one-night stand at best.

darren cahill
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:28 PM
ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

absolute beyond classic post! HAHAHAHAHAHH. I hear ya on that last line...i'd blow and fuck him too. IN a fucking heartbeat!

CHOCO
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:13 AM
:)

CHOCO
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:26 PM
:)

darren cahill
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:41 PM
CHOCO~ more pictures more pictures! Where did you find this one anyways? :D

decemberlove
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:45 PM
i watched the show last night...

first of all, how DON'T the girls realize he's not a millionaire? are they that blinded by money? if he really owned a castle he would have much hotter girls to choose from. some of those girls are just ass. [the black girl was definitely the best looking of all]

second, i was hoping maybe he'd look a lil better than the above pic, but no. sorry im just not into that cheesy lumberjack look.

darren cahill
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:58 PM
well obviously I am! LOL...anyways, keeping a bit more positive...i'd like to see more photos Choco! ;)