PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a hard time saying, "No"?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:45 PM
For whatever?! Are you a doormat?! People just walk all over you... I have always been that way, too nice and too weak. Just lately I have gotten stronger I guess. I bitched someone out and made her cry last semester. Hehe! But I still need to be more aggressive. I mean, I am sick of people using me to do the most trivial crap for them.

YSL
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:46 PM
No

:p

i-girl
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:50 PM
no, not in the least. but there is room between "doormat" and "bitch"... I don't think I've ever made anyone cry (at least not as an adult). but if someone asks me for something that I think is too much I have no problem saying no.

irma
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:51 PM
no. I am very strong-minded in that departement. when I serious don't want something then I don't do it.
it's the only thing about myself wich I am proud off:)

HoneyBunny
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:52 PM
It used to be like that for me. But, things changed after I nearly got fired from my job for allowing too many kids to see "18A" and "R" rated movies at my job.... the kids used to take advantage of that, they'd ALWAYS line up at my till, cuz they knew i'd let them in. ;) After that, it kind of changed, and I can now say the word "no" because I have a reason to. ;)

ys
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Sometimes. I am quite moody, so sometimes I have a hard time saying "No", and sometimes a hard time saying "Yes"..;)

Barrie_Dude
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:57 PM
NO!

Princess Fiona
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Yes!! I hate the thought that I might "upset" someone or let them down...

Maybe I need to be more :fiery:... ;)

per4ever
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:21 PM
I always do what I think is right..I have no problem at all saying No, even if I get everyone against me :)

vw43
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:41 PM
No :)

Kuilli
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Saying no doesn't mean you can't be nice. And nope, I have no problem saying No. ;)

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 13th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I'm the most doormat-like person you can find!!!

Kiwi_Boy
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:15 PM
with my friends and people i like i will make my best efforts to help them (but if its to much i will have no propblem in telling them, exactly where to go ;) ).....as for people i dont like,NO!:)

Oasiatic
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Yes :( I can't seem to say 'no' to anyone. Once it's in my ability to give (oh I recall at least three times when it wasn't) I do it anyway. Well this was about a yr and a half ago.

But I'm learning to say it and sometimes it feels so darn good cause ppl can't seem to resist to the urge to take advantage of u. Hmmph!

Martian Martin
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Yes, basically I'm the same as what Fiona says and I'm definitely a doormat.

cunnihingis
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by FranziskaYes!! I hate the thought that I might "upset" someone or let them down...

Maybe I need to be more ...

franziska don't worry! you can be simultaneously direct and compassionate. would you like some lessons? shall we meet in your garden? ;)

Celeste
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I have a hard time saying no, but I usually get paid for it, so I don't mind in the least.

CanadianBoy21
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:31 AM
i have no problems saying no to people that i feel are using me.
It's hard to say no to your friends, or to someone u like, but there is a limit as far as even they can go, until i scream at them and say no ;) .

toreador
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by per4ever
I always do what I think is right..I have no problem at all saying No, even if I get everyone against me :)

me 2...i already did that once and the whole class was against me for awhile...i didn't care though cos it was something that i believed

LeonHart
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:06 AM
mmm..sometimes, not with my friends though.

Richie77
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:24 AM
I used to be that way, but not anymore...being in the journalism world has taught me how to be a tough cookie. :)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:45 AM
To people i like i have big boundaries, until i start to feel used, to people i don't like, a simple 'no' is easy to say.

On the other hand, i don't rely on anyone to do anything for me, so people saying no to me rarely happens

Princess Fiona
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cunnihingis
franziska don't worry! you can be simultaneously direct and compassionate. would you like some lessons? shall we meet in your garden? ;)

Well, I saw you (and thank you :))

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:12 PM
no no no :D

and like Mr. K said, i do whatever's right..... FOR ME....and with my morals.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Stinger
no no no :D

and like Mr. K said, i do whatever's right..... FOR ME....and with my morals.

What if u have no morals like me? ;) :p

No don't answer that, and i mean NO ;)