PDA

View Full Version : Gala Sports Personality of the Year on TV1 tonight

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Just a little reminder for the Flemish fans: the show is on TV1 tonight.

Kim is one of the favs to win the award, but I personally think that Herremans might get it this year, as I suspect that the jury might think that Kim will have plenty of opportunities to win it anyway. Dunno, we'll know soon enough if Kim gets it.

FYI Kim won the public's vote last year, but didn't make it in the sports jury vote, so the honours went to IOC president Rogge (another Belgian).

Elke
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:52 PM
ANd now, the people's choice is more important...
It's a bit :rolleyes:, but this year, I go for Marc Herremans too, bec he's THE personality for me. (It's also KIms fav)
But I wouldn't mind if Kim wins!:p;)

Bigkimfan
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Go Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

angele87
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Good luck Kimmie :worship:

Who's Marc Herremans :confused:

Stefke
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:28 PM
I live in Belgium and I don't know who he is:pConclusion: He doesn't deserve to be the sport personality of the year!;) Last year Jacques Rogge won but the organisators told the jury that they have to vote on him so that wasn't fear!!!:mad: :(
So this year: And the sport personality of the year is...KIM CLIJSTERS!!!!:)

gokimmie
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:53 PM
marc herremans is the thiathlon athlete who broke his back last year in atraining session when he fell on a rock:sad:

kim wrote him a note with soms words of encouragement.
he's doing wheelchair sport now...,trying to keep up his spirits ...so sad....

Stefke
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by gokimmie
marc herremans is the thiathlon athlete who broke his back last year in atraining session when he fell on a rock:sad:

kim wrote him a note with soms words of encouragement.
he's doing wheelchair sport now...,trying to keep up his spirits ...so sad....

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Fieke
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I am a Kim fan, but to tell you the truth, I want Herremans to win this trophy, after all he's been trough. He took part in the Iron Man Triathlon for disabled people this year, very shortly after his accident. He did not finish because of some health problems, but you must say that's quite an achievement. I think he really deserves this award.
But of course I would not be sad if Kim won it...

Inne
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:34 PM
I agree with you guys, although Kim has a great personality i would like to see Marc Herremans win the Victor.
I think the interview that they showed of Kim proved that she is a great person. i really liked it when she spoke about the book of marc and she is so right it is a great book and i do understand why she did read it in one day.
of course i would be happy to see Kim winning, but i prefer to see her winning next year so this year Marc can take the trophy home. He really deserves it!

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:40 PM
It really looks like Herremans is going to win the trophy.

Kim is second in the sports jury's vote, so that's a sign imo.
Anyway, I'll send my sms's for Kim, though. But I would feel it to be very fair if Kim wouldn't win this year. Sure that Marc deserves it too.

As to the program itself: the presentation and the interview with Kim was great! :)
So natural, so Kim :D

tsts Kim, tickling your coach all the time in the car! :o :p

and sticking out your tongue to the cam LOL :p

I also loved Carl's introduction for the presentation: 'going to Australia to check if Lleyton Hewitt is taking good care of Kim' :D

josefien
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Kim is an amazing girl, but I also think this year the victor should go to Marc Herremans. Not only because of his handicap, but especially for his true fighting spirit afterwards. To be so positive and strong after such a dramatic accident ... chapeau!!

-Fienesse-
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:03 PM
I voted for Kim but think that Marc Herremans will win it...But yeah he deserves it, Kim also said that she wanted Marc to win it...Isn't that a great personality????
Anyway, we'll see... And I would be happy with Kim Gevaert as well...:kiss:

Bigkimfan
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:33 PM
So is almost everybody voting for Herremans???:confused:

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:54 PM
the vote of the Flemish sports press is just in: Kim is at 1 for them, so we now have an ex-eaquo Herremans-Kim
This means that the votes of the public will be decisive.

Update:
OK, votes are counted:

Kim is second in the public's vote, therefore she doesn't win the trophy;it's Herremans.

Bigkimfan
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Kim was third in publicvote!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

Filip!
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM
but she ended at the second place... well done Kim!!!

I'm a bit surprised about Kim Gevaert's result, I expected Kim Gevaert much higher...

fleemke│
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:10 PM
If you love sport you agree that Marc had to win this one!
And that doens'y mean I don't like Kim ;)

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bigkimfan
Kim was third in publicvote!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

yep, sorry :o

I was too fast! :D

Kim ends second in the final vote count, but indeed was only third in the public's vote.

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Kim-Juju!
but she ended at the second place... well done Kim!!!

I'm a bit surprised about Kim Gevaert's result, I expected Kim Gevaert much higher...

me too, thought it would be between Herremans, Clijsters and Gevaert...

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by fleemke▓
If you love sport you agree that Marc had to win this one!
And that doens'y mean I don't like Kim ;)

certainly a well-deserved winner!

and btw it was said in Kim's interview that she had read the book of Herremans in one day, after she'd received it by mail from her family. (sent by her parents, I guess it was said?)

angele87
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:35 PM
After hearing his story, I think Marc Herremans definetly deserved to win :D And I'm sure Kim is glad that he won :angel:

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by KaseyL
As to the program itself: the presentation and the interview with Kim was great! :)
So natural, so Kim :D

tsts Kim, tickling your coach all the time in the car! :o :p

and sticking out your tongue to the cam LOL :p

I also loved Carl's introduction for the presentation: 'going to Australia to check if Lleyton Hewitt is taking good care of Kim' :D

have to tell that they also interviewed her coach. He told that they have such a great understanding, and that they almost act like brother and sister. (really, his own words)

She is very playful with him: keeps on teasing him a lot, tickles him all the time and stuff like that... (makes you wonder what she does with Lleyton
then ;) ):angel:

angele87
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:45 PM

She is very playful with him: keeps on teasing him a lot, tickles him all the time and stuff like that... (makes you wonder what she does with Lleyton
then ;) ):angel:

tsk tsk Ingrid, you're supposed to be sweet and innocent ;) :p :kiss:

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by angele87
tsk tsk Ingrid, you're supposed to be sweet and innocent ;) :p :kiss:

you should know me better by now :D

angele87
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:48 PM
you should know me better by now :D

lol :p Well at least I'm not the only one with a one track mind ;) :D :hearts:

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:49 PM
more about the interview:

Kim looked great, very relaxed, was wearing a sleeveless shirt and really looked like on holidays LOL
not so sure when they taped it, but it must have been very recently.

BelgianGirl
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Marc Herremans deserved this trophy!! :)
I'm sure Kim will win it one day! She's such a great personality, so spontaneous and natural :angel: I think she'll be almost just as happy to hear that Marc Herremans won it this year.

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BelgianGirl
Marc Herremans deserved this trophy!! :)
I'm sure Kim will win it one day! She's such a great personality, so spontaneous and natural :angel: I think she'll be almost just as happy to hear that Marc Herremans won it this year.

so true!

The fact that she read his book in one day also is proof of her genuine interest in him.

keta
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Would any one be wililng too quickly translate some of the stuff Kim said iin her Interview and Carl and Marc's Interviews? Pleaseeeee??:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ;)

Elke
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Tonight, Marc Herremans was in a show on tv. They talked about his trophy. Then they said he had the support from a lot of topsporters and they showed a bit of Kim (a report of yesterday), and Marc said it means a lot to him what others said about hi¨ and that he has a special bond with the Clijsters family and Lleyton. Then the reporter asked if Kim maybe has an eye on Marc. But Marcs girlfriend was very quick to answer that she!ll have her hands full on Lleyton!!:D :p :cool:

angele87
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Elke
Then they said he had the support from a lot of topsporters and they showed a bit of Kim (a report of yesterday), and Marc said it means a lot to him what others said about hi¨ and that he has a special bond with the Clijsters family and Lleyton.

:angel:

Originally posted by Elke
Then the reporter asked if Kim maybe has an eye on Marc. But Marcs girlfriend was very quick to answer that she!ll have her hands full on Lleyton!!:D :p :cool:

LOL :D

BelgianGirl
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:43 PM
In the newspaper they wrote that Kim had asked her father to give the trophy to Marc if she would have won it! :angel:

Hawk
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BelgianGirl
In the newspaper they wrote that Kim had asked her father to give the trophy to Marc if she would have won it! :angel:

Aww how sweet :) That could definatly go in the Classy Clijsters thread :angel: