PDA

View Full Version : I need the help of a REALLY KNOWLEDGABLE FAN!!!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:28 PM
I will be so grateful to anyone who can answer this...

Look at this passage:

Clijsters and Henin are friends, if not as close as they sometimes make out, and, though they may not like it, they will come to personify the fracture in Belgian society. The country has two national training centres, one in the French-speaking half near Charleroi, where Henin trained from 14 and is still based, and a second, Flemish one near Antwerp which takes credit for Clijsters' development. "We have good coaches in Belgium and we have a good mentality," says Henin. "I think we have a good federation that helps us very much."

Does anyone know the names of ANY of those centers and does anyone know the age when Kim started her training in the one near Antwerp? I can't a source that says... thanks!!!

Bigkimfan
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Kim went to a tennisschool in Wilrijk!;)

Elleke
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
http://www.vtv.be

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Do you know the name?!??! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Also, hehe, sorry, but can someone help me with this....

Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters spent much of their childhoods in Belgium training to be tennis stars. Henin was nine and Clijsters was eight when they first played each other. They traveled as juniors to Japan and France, sharing a room but not the same native tongue.

Does anyone know if this was when they first met?! Also, why were they playing eachother that young?! Are people in juniors at that age??!!!?? I am sorry, obviously I know NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING about juniors! LOL!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by elke_belke
http://www.vtv.be

Elke, I am so sorry, I don't understand any of this website! LOL! I'm SO American!

Elleke
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:42 PM
kim K. BRANDT T.C.
justine ROYAL LEOPOLD CLUB

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks!! :kiss: :kiss: Now does anyone know the other question about the juniors and also when Kim started her training at Wilrijk?!?!? Thanks! Much appreciated!

~|Naomi|~
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:06 AM
The tennis school at Wilrijk is the VTV, flemish tennis federation I don't know when Kim first started there but in an interview of Xevier Malisse a week ago he said he had known Kim since she was 9 and he 12 so I guess around that age

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Thanks babe! :kiss:

gokimmie
Jan 11th, 2003, 12:10 PM
nwan ,you should ask katrien,her boyfriend was one of kim's very first coaches!

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by kim&lleytonrule
The tennis school at Wilrijk is the VTV, flemish tennis federation I don't know when Kim first started there but in an interview of Xevier Malisse a week ago he said he had known Kim since she was 9 and he 12 so I guess around that age

Kim was indeed 9 when she started to take lessons in Wilrijk, according to my info.

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Mrs_Guga
I will be so grateful to anyone who can answer this...

Look at this passage:

Clijsters and Henin are friends, if not as close as they sometimes make out, and, though they may not like it, they will come to personify the fracture in Belgian society. The country has two national training centres, one in the French-speaking half near Charleroi, where Henin trained from 14 and is still based, and a second, Flemish one near Antwerp which takes credit for Clijsters' development. "We have good coaches in Belgium and we have a good mentality," says Henin. "I think we have a good federation that helps us very much."

Does anyone know the names of ANY of those centers and does anyone know the age when Kim started her training in the one near Antwerp? I can't a source that says... thanks!!!

Re the Walloon one, that's the AFT, this stands for the Association francophone de Tennis.

The school is NOT in Charleroi, but in Mons. This is where Justine went to.

KaseyL
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by elke_belke
kim K. BRANDT T.C.
justine ROYAL LEOPOLD CLUB

Elke, sorry but these names you posted here are of tennis clubs, not the tennis schools they went to. The tennis schools are in Wilrijk for Kim and in Mons for Justine.