PDA

View Full Version : OMG Ai and Angie meet in 1st round...

GoGoMaggie
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Oh god it s not fair the two great asian girls face against each other in the opening round.. this injustice led me to believe that the draw is fixed... gimme a break

LeonHart
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:42 AM
LOL@the draws....

this whole draw sux...

GoGoMaggie
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:45 AM
I know...i hate all my favo going down early

GoGoMaggie
Jan 10th, 2003, 02:41 PM
zzz...

GoGoMaggie
Jan 10th, 2003, 04:41 PM
why nobody says nothing? am i hated on the board? what the heck did i do?

apidhan
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:19 PM
no. but it seems 'm that shocked, so can't say nothing

GoGoMaggie
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:21 AM
plz

kfh_9118
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:38 AM
:sad: :sad: May the better player wins :)

Go Angie though ;)

Greenout
Jan 11th, 2003, 12:45 PM
I second that emotion!!

It just bites when 2 Asian players get lumped together in
a grand slam draw. After all the freakin hard work to get
there to bring the Asian numbers up in tennis- they have to
cancel each others efforts out with an early, early round
meeting. It's just weird- how many times have we seenn
this happen? there's only a handful of Asian players- yet
they end up playing each other?

bis2806
Jan 11th, 2003, 12:56 PM
angie, prakusya and ai are all in the same 'round 3 sector'....

GoGoMaggie
Jan 11th, 2003, 05:20 PM
stupid draw making.... im soooooooooooooo angry
where can i direct the anger at?
this draw is most certainly mixed by some assholes who dont want many asians to advance to further rounds.... what a crap

GoGoMaggie
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:26 PM
i meant the draw was fixed by some culprits...
otherwise this wouldnt have happened...
think a lot of ppl would agree with me...
when Dokic made a similar clame a few years ago, i couldnt agree wiht her as i thought it could never happen...but now im ready to take her side... i totally understand why she stopped coming down to play at aus let alone changed back to yugoslave nationality...

Brαm
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Oh please, they can't help it that only 2 players from Asia are actually good players too!

Henin-Hardenne faces Casanova in the 1st round, who's also... EUROPEAN :eek: :eek: :eek:

The draw is rigged :mad: :mad:

:rolleyes:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:11 AM
drawmeeting sux....it s all fixed..... why the sisters placed on the opposite ends all the time???

Buitenzorg
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Oh well !

Go ANGIE :D you can do it!

LeonHart
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by bram_born84
Oh please, they can't help it that only 2 players from Asia are actually good players too!

Henin-Hardenne faces Casanova in the 1st round, who's also... EUROPEAN :eek: :eek: :eek:

The draw is rigged :mad: :mad:

:rolleyes:

Not to mention Zvonareva vs. Bovina..both Russians!! And MGM vs. Gagliardi the swiss battle, not to mention Farina Elia vs. Penneta in an Italian battle...

bis2806
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:27 AM
i think Angie can pull this one off !

1jackson2001
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by gogomaggie
drawmeeting sux....it s all fixed..... why the sisters placed on the opposite ends all the time???

That's because they are seeded #1 and #2 in the tournament. That's how seedings work. ;)

Bероника
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Go Angie!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:07 AM
BE HOT AS SIZZLING TOM YAM SOUP...BE TOUGH AS LION KING...AND BE SMART AS MICKEY MOUSE!!! CREATE ANOTHER SURPRISE AS YOU HAVE DONE BEFORE! NO PRESSURE...JUST RELAX AND ENJOY EACH GAME YOU PLAY! :) :cool: :D :bounce: :wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :fiery: :angel: :fiery: :angel: :kiss: :wavey: :kiss: :wavey:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM
ummmmmmm i still dong understand how seedings work.... why the top 2 seeds are always placed on the opposite ends of the draw....

GoGoMaggie
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:45 PM
zz....zzz.....zzzz........

apidhan
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:01 PM
zz....zzz.....zzzz........

What happened gogomagie? r u sleepy?
Btw u r so funny :) :D :rolleyes:

Who r u really:( :(
a little osaka girl or ...;)

Shana
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:02 PM
I luve them both...
go girls

GoGoMaggie
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:03 AM
C'mon I told you all Not to wake me up!!! I was having the sweetest dream in a long long time..... n now Sugiyama already beat Angie? Gimme a break!!!! that s exacly the oppositie to what I was dreaming........ Get a life, gogomaggie... what!!!!!???

Lisbeth
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:28 AM
ummmmmmm i still dong understand how seedings work.... why the top 2 seeds are always placed on the opposite ends of the draw....

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and answer this seriously. The whole point of seedings is to protect top players from meeting each other until the later rounds. Hence, it should be possible for 1 to meet 2 in the final, 3 and 4 shouldn't have to meet 1 and 2 until the semis, 5,6,7 and 8 shouldn't have to play the top 4 till the quarters and so on.

Otherwise they wouldn't bother having seeds, it would just be random. You could still coincidentally get two top Asians (or Aussies, or whatever) in the first round though.

As for whether it's rigged:
1. It can't be rigged, they do it live on TV! and
2. At any rate, most Aussies I know would love the Asians to do well.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Number1Kim
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and answer this seriously. The whole point of seedings is to protect top players from meeting each other until the later rounds. Hence, it should be possible for 1 to meet 2 in the final, 3 and 4 shouldn't have to meet 1 and 2 until the semis, 5,6,7 and 8 shouldn't have to play the top 4 till the quarters and so on.

Otherwise they wouldn't bother having seeds, it would just be random. You could still coincidentally get two top Asians (or Aussies, or whatever) in the first round though.

As for whether it's rigged:
1. It can't be rigged, they do it live on TV! and
2. At any rate, most Aussies I know would love the Asians to do well.

Thanx
all the doubts i had were cleared up...
now i can go n sleep in peace.....thanx....no more nightmere....