PDA

View Full Version : A little news :)

Linnie
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Mauresmo in good spirits

From the Gaz de France website:
http://www.opengazdefrance.com/en/

Injured Mauresmo will miss the beginning of the season and the first Grand Slam of the new season, the Australian Open. Yet she hasn't lost her motivation. Her next goal is to perform at the Open Gaz de France.

Year 2003 will begin a bit late for Amélie Mauresmo. Suffering from a knee injury since last October, she failed to finish the year brilliantly with the end-of-season Masters and improve her world No. 4 position and had to change her plans. While missing the first month of the competition and the Grand Slam tournament in Australia, the French player aims at something new: "It's a bit disappointing but I am focusing on my next target, the Open Gaz de France in Paris at the beginning of February. I will adapt my preparation to the event", declared Mauresmo on her official website. While waiting to take her first steps on the WTA tour, the world No. 6 player does her best to regain the fitness she had when she reached the semi-finals at Wimbledon and at the US Open in 2002. "I am still optimistic for the future. What's good today is that I can cycle and work on my cardiovascular capacities, so I don't lose my stamina. When I will compete again, the lack of preparation might penalize me but I keep on doing things. It's not like starting from scratch", she added. And why not, after more than three months away from the court, hoping for another success, like in 2001 at the Coubertin stadium. "It will take a while to be in top form again but I will recover my strength and I will be mentally stronger than before". The Williams sisters and Co. are well-informed on the Parisian player's ambitions. Amélie Mauresmo intends to make up for lost time as quickly as possible.

Also, according to Scully on the official website (merci!), Amélie and Nat Dechy will be playing an exhibition match in Tarbes on February 1st! I'd say that's a very good sign! :D

Caoimhe
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:50 AM
yey:D
I hope she is ok for the Gaz.
I'm hopefully going to go. But won't bother if she isn't well enough.
At least she's getting better and that's the main thing.