PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters/Sugiyama in the Final?!

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:58 AM
(3) Kim Clijsters/Ai Sugiyama (BEL/JPN) d (1) Elena Dementieva/Janette Husarova (RUS/SVK) 46 62 61

:confused: Is it true?! :confused: I was there today and Clijsters/Sugiyama beat Casanova/Dominikovic in all third set tiebreaks. Did I miss something?

Libertango
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Yea, according to wtatour.com they're into the final! But Kims gonna be exhausted what with her singles schedule and these long doubles matches. Hope they can play, Go Kim/Ai!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:03 AM
I hate the tournament director :fiery:

ex hopman
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Oh wow, such a hard schedule for Kim.
well, they played really well two years ago... i am glad they are back together...

vutt
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Go Kim/Ai :bounce:

Fieke
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:24 AM
According to the WTA website, this is the schedule for tomorrow:

Center Court (from 1100hrs)
1. ATP Match
2. ATP Match
3. Panova vs Hantuchova or Davenport
4. ATP Match
5. N/B 7.30pm Henin-Hardenne vs Clijsters
6. (after suitable rest) Clijsters/Suigyama vs Martinez/Stubbs

There are 6 matches scheduled, and still they put Kim's 2 matches right after each other. Why couldn't they schedule one of her matches earlier?:fiery:

Tennisace
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Its because today they finished all the doubles quarterfinals matches AND they played all the semifinals one as well. They have always played the doubles final one day before the singles finals.

For Kim, the singles schedule has been way easy on her, breezing past her opponents, she's gotten a tougher workout on the doubles court :D ;)

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Oh no!! I will see Clijsters v Henin?! :o I don't want to see the match!! Oh well... but I'm happy for see Martinez/Stubbs :)

~|Naomi|~
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Wow well done Kim & Ai. I hope Kim is not tired for her singles semi! At least she will have a whole day to rest up for it but then she will probably be tired for her odubles:(

Hagar
Jan 10th, 2003, 12:53 AM
I can tell you that Kim does not look exhausted! She looks fresh and healthy and is definitely having fun on the court.

~|Naomi|~
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Hope you're right Hagar:)

ex hopman
Jan 10th, 2003, 02:36 AM
Oh yeah, she's professional!
Some even practice like 5hrs straight.
Good luck, Kim/Ai!!