PDA

View Full Version : It's not all bad about Maggie...

Valda Lake
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:47 AM
While I am surprised she lost today...at least she earned 59 more ranking pts than last year! :)

Good Luck at OZ Maggie!

Aphrodite
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:58 AM
bad luck maggie, u had a bad draw:(, but u sill earned quite some points and beat the #17 ranked Farina-Elia:)
U will kick some major A$$ next week and defend your points:)
Gooo Maggie:)

ghosts
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:06 AM
I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting Maggie to come through :sad: Anyway good luck Maggie next week ;)

Brian Stewart
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Well, any time you finish a tournament with more points than you started with, that has to count as a positive. Look out when Maggie gets to the indoor tourneys!

Good luck at Oz, Maggie!

tennisIlove09
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:39 AM
This isn't Maggie's best surface...still I'm surprised that Coetzer beat her so handy

Tennisace
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Maleeva is usually rusty lol very rusty in the beginning of the season. I remember last year in her match against Hantuchova, she hit her serve into the player's balcony longue. The ball didn't even land in the court it just went up and up and into someone's pasta ;)

Sam L
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM
I think the heat affected Maggie more than than Amanda, when they were on court it was still really hot!

nemcl
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah Sam L but they weren't out there that long ...

SM
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM
yeah i was there with sam...u guys have no idea how unbearable the heat was, and maggie was covered in sweat as was mandy. The rallies were also very long and good quality with Amanda playing in damn good form!!......maggie was playing good tennis too, but i only saw some of second set

Experimentee
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Maggie seemed to be playing well in the third set against Farina. I think today Amanda just played better, she always plays well in Australia on this surface. Its no major disappointment to lose to Amanda and i'm sure she'll do well at Oz.

ColinB
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:18 AM
strange but Maggie isn't playing the European Indoor season in Feb - she plays Tokyo then Doha... she normally does well there though

Valda Lake
Jan 10th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Colin I didnt know Maggie was playing in Doha...did you see the commitment list? Dubai? I too thought it was strange that she wasn't going to play Gaz or Diamond tourneys...thanks! :)

ghosts
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Right, Maggie will play both Doha and Dubai in February :D