PDA

View Full Version : Live scores permitted again for today

wtn_amanda
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Since the chat solution is not working as well as we'd hoped, you may resume posting live scoring threads this evening.

I urge you to be considerate in your usage of these. Don't keep pressing REFRESH every 30 seconds. It slows things down for everyone else and prevents people from accessing the board.

We are working on a new solution for live scoring. In the meantime, I encourage you to check out the chat software available here:
http://www.wtaworld.com/chat_download.php

If the server does go down or slow, you can still connect to the chat to obtain scores.

Brian Stewart
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Thanks for all of the things you are doing, Amanda. I know it seems like all we do sometimes is complain about what we don't have. But I'd like to take this opportunity to say that we do appreciate the things we do have. This board is still the best around, and you and your crew have gone above and beyond the call of duty.

On behalf of my fellow posters, thank you.
:)

Valda Lake
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:14 AM
Brian...I hope you appreciate the fact that I erased my initial post (I was VERY generous tonight). I think there is something you do not know about the workings here lol...more in email.

rfs1999
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:21 AM
If the officaial site has live scoring, lock out the thread after posting the website.

martina to win
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:58 PM
UR THE BOMB AMANDA
I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING U R DOING
THANX FROM MARTINA TO WIN

1jackson2001
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Thanks Amanda.:)

Bella
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:25 AM
At one point, people were kept from posting more than once in x amount of time. Can you keep people from refreshing more than once per minute or two (or three or four or five) except for live scores posters? Refreshing that often is obsessive anyway. Tension can be good. Make 'em wait.

I hate to lose the scoring threads. Even if the thread is closed for all other posters til the match is over, at least the record would be there.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 9th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Bella is right.

Cator the board around people who just sit around and press "refresh" in scoring threads with the occasion "GO player X - her forehand, attack the forehand!", "player X sucks! you go player Y!".

Those who are actually attempting to post something worth reading should suffer.