PDA

View Full Version : Article - Dechy withdraws

kj-
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:38 AM
www.tennisact.com.au
Dechy withdraws
Tuesday, 7 January, 2003

CANBERRA, Jan.7 - Top seed Nathalie Dechy of France was forced to withdraw from the Canberra Women's Classic today just 19 minutes into her first round match against Germany's Marlene Weingartner. Weingartner led 5-0 in the first set.

Dechy, who won her first WTA title on the Gold Coast last weekend, had carried a quadriceps strain into the Canberra Women's Classic and she re-aggravated the injury during the warm-up.
"It is an injury I have been carrying since late last year," a disappointed Dechy said afterwards.
"I was hoping that with two days rest the injury might improve but that wasn't the case.I am disappointed that I must retire from this tournament but I am hopeful that I will be able to still play in Melbourne."

On the back of her Gold Coast win Dechy has achieved a career high ranking of No.19 in the world and she is expected to be seeded 16th at the Australian Open beginning next week.

Dechy was elevated to top seed at Canberra following the withdrawal on Saturday of defending champion Anna Pistolesi of Israel on Saturday. Pistolesi withdrew after suffering heat exhaustion during a semi-final match in Auckland.
In the other early match today Adriana Serra-Zanetti of Italy progressed to the quarter-finals with a 6-4, 6-1 win over Saori Obata of Japan.

tennisIlove09
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:41 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
get well Dechy...the Aussie NEEDS you!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Nathalie :(

Why do I have so much bad luck with my favorite players ???

:(

Get well, Nat :)

Scotso
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:54 AM
I hope she'll be alright for the Australian.

Too bad Nathalie :sad:

Get better soon!

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Too bad Nathalie, get well soon!!!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Arigato Kojangs terkojang-kojang bukan tekopral-kopral...hehehe...:p

Sorry to know, Nat...speedy recovery...What is it about French player? First Mary...now Nathalie...Why do they have injury?:( :sad:

TS
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:05 AM
I think she should be OK for AO (I hope). It would be a shame for her to withdraw....lets hope not :)

kj-
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by lokamaya
Arigato Kojangs terkojang-kojang bukan tekopral-kopral...hehehe...:p

:p :p

Tweety
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:43 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

maya
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM
:sad: Get well!

Frau Antje
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:19 PM
poor Nathalie :(

Julian
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:01 PM
What a cruddy day..first Elena, Cristina, Rossana, Tatiana, and now Nathalie! hope she gets better.

gmt
Jan 9th, 2003, 05:06 PM
:kiss: