PDA

View Full Version : Homosexual people, do you live openly gay?

The Last Unicorn
Jan 5th, 2002, 05:31 PM
I'm in the mood of creating new threads today:p

I was wondering how many of you gay guys and gals live openly gay. That means you kiss your bf/gf with other people being around or you speak about hotties, for example.
How are the reactions?
This sprang to my mind when I kissed my ex-bf today at the restaurant where I work and a friend asked if we were going out.:D

Scotso
Jan 5th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Sorta of. You can't be too open about it here though. People get shot for that kind of thing.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 5th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Of course.....if everybody eles is themselves, then why can't I be?

I hope my actions make it better for future generations to live openly (being the martyr that I am ;)).

Internet Lover
Jan 5th, 2002, 09:21 PM
No I don't. :o :mad: :( I'm only out of the closet online but not in real life. I don't know when I'll have the courage to tell anybody. Just too scared right now. :o

Oasiatic
Jan 5th, 2002, 10:16 PM
I wish I could. I really do. But here in Gy its a huge no no. I think my parents know, I haven't confirmed it with them yet, still got lots of issues to sort out. They(the gay/bi people) tried presenting a bill to Parliament about it and there was this huge protest denouncing it. It was awful.

I will do so in due time though. Just wait and see. I'm so fed up.

The Last Unicorn
Jan 5th, 2002, 10:46 PM
I don't know how it is in your region. But here, I'm really comfi with being gay. My friends and my family know. And I'm lucky becoz there were some gay men before me to oust themselves. Thre only thing that I know is that I want ton be with men and that I don't wanna hide no more. My parents are okay with it and I hope that everybody will be as well. I'm proud to be myself and I will go on.
:rolleyes:

The Last Unicorn
Jan 5th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Scott, what do we do withn it then? I want to kissmy bf anytime it comes to my mind...:kiss: :( So? Maybe, I shouldn't drink that much before posting...:o

Scotso
Jan 6th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Nils, what? lol

-Sonic-
Jan 6th, 2002, 03:19 AM
With my friends I am totally myself, and my being gay usually comes up many times a day, whether its me moaning about the hot men everywhere with their hands all over women or if its me joking that darren (a friend in the group) will have slept with me by the end of uni or just some other joke...

i don't feel the need to kiss my bf in public, i don't like seeing anyone do that so wouldn't do it... but i guess i wouldn't do it even if i wanted to....

this guy i hate and one of his whores went clubbing with us last term and didn't stop kissing the whole night... as there were a lot of scummy students there (i am a non scummy student... mail me for the distinction between the 2)... i had a go at his whore cos i thought he was gonna get beaten up... he didn't, but the guy i hate said he got many weird and bad looks.

dunno where i am going with this.

matthewhaufle
Jan 6th, 2002, 04:13 AM
I live in Manhattan now so I am sure I would be quite open with my boyfriend, if I had one. :( I've been out to the world for almost five years now. That seems strange. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess!!! :)

Matt

The Last Unicorn
Jan 6th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Scott, if you tease me, i'll tease you.:angel:

Scotso
Jan 6th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Me, tease? :angel:

*hugs* :)

The Last Unicorn
Jan 7th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Much better!:bounce:

CanIGetAWhat
Jan 8th, 2002, 10:12 PM
i do. if people ask me, i'll tell them, if they don't, then it's none of their business but so far, only my immediate family and my housemates know, oh yeah, and those guys i have one nighters/quickies with.

at first my parents' reactions to my coming out was what i expected, but now that i had went home for the holidays, my mom and i are much closer and the only one who has a problem with my sexuality is my dad. he and i got into another huge fight on new years day and said some pretty unforgettable and ugly comments. i really didn't know how he felt until he unleashed them on me that day.

timmbo
Jan 8th, 2002, 10:15 PM
I live my life however I want. If someone asks me then I tell them. If im in the park and Im with my friends and I see a hot guy, then hell yeah I say he's hot. Thats just my personality. I dont really like public display of affection, but the other day I did give a guy that im kinda dating a kiss in front of a nurse. When he left the room, she said, "he's cute." lol

griffin
Jan 8th, 2002, 10:34 PM
I'm out everywhere - when I talk about my partner, I don't fudge on who she is. We kiss goodbye in front of the house and we hold hands in public.

Then again, I live in a "live and let live" area of Boston (people may not like that I"m gay, but for the most part people leave you alone), my family is completely cool about homosexuality, and I work for a gay rights group. I'd be pretty pathetic if I wasn't out, but I know not everyone is in such a secure environment.

CanadianBoy21
Jan 9th, 2002, 01:32 AM
I can't be open...just because where I live, nobody is, and ain't going be the first, plus, my dad hates gays, so I will stay closed, but I am going to move far away when I go to universaty(hopefully), what sucks is that when everybody thinks you are straight, nobody gay will approach you...and when you think everybody is straight, you won't approach nobody, plus you won't be liked at all if you are open where I live...etc....................:( :sad:

Keith
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:17 PM
At work I am sort of in the closet. But I dont pretend to be straight. people dont ask and I dont say anything, although Im pretty sure people know.

Other than that, of course I am out...I check out guys wherever I am. I live my life as a gay man, not a straight one, but I wouldnt go so far as to make out in public, altho once in a while, I might tackle a guy in a furtniture store onto a bed...or a chair and bounce on him, for a laugh....stuff like that Well, a guy I know I would do that to! Maybe pinch his butt when I think no one is looking!

timmbo
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:19 PM
*thinking about a new career in furniture sales*

BCP
Feb 6th, 2002, 01:43 AM
Ditto what Jennyfan said, but not about the funriture store stuff. Though he has given a great idea to meet more guys......;)

Blazedboy
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Im a senior in high school, I am pretty openly bisexual, but I don't wear a sign. and since I am pretty "straight acting" as far as stereotypes go, I don't know who all knows about me. If someone walked up to me and asked me, I would be honest because my sexuality is not what defines me, just like any straight person, its just part of who I am.

BCP
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Blazedboy, you sound remarkably self-assured for someone your age. I remember when I was that age what an awkward confused mess I was (....and yes people, I have moved on from that!:p )

Internet Lover
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Blazedboy you're younger than me but you're mature than me with this whole thing. Boy do I envy you. I hope I can be comfortable like you real soon. :) I just turned 20.

Blazedboy
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Internet Lover, I'm sure you will gradually become more and more comfortable with your sexuality, but give it time....I'm honered that some of you appear to find me mature, you don't know me that well though ;) hehe

Internet Lover
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Aw shucks dude don't be so modest. ;)

Blazedboy
Feb 6th, 2002, 09:10 AM
haha right

Randy H
Feb 6th, 2002, 10:41 AM
I started to come out to people when I was 16, and I live somewhat openly but not totally. My school is fairly accepting of gays/lesbians which definetly was helpful (many other schools even in this area are not). The way I see it, I feel like I am pretty close to where I want to be, which is open to those who I care about, and those who care about me...Anyone else, who doesn't accept me for who I am obviously doesn't understand what unconditional love is and are not worth my time anyway, so it's as simple as that. If people ask me, then I don't mind saying, but at the same time I don't see it as a huge deal either so I don't go out of my way to go screaming down the main street about my sexuality either.

M2k
Feb 6th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Hey Rand:wavey: :wavey: I'm very glad that everything is coming togheter for you...(it's me Mig's:wavey: )

to answear the question I can say that is 50/50 for me...some of my family members would rather die than learned I was gay:sad: but it's cool :cool: I don't need them anyways.

Bероника
Feb 6th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Yes,i'm out.