PDA

View Full Version : Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros

Pages : [1] 2

ShiftyFella
Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.bjoern-siebert.de/foto_gross/bjoern_siebert_the_mud_fight.jpg

Clay season in Good Ol' Europe is back. Petra tries her mud dancing at Katowice:cheer:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Katowice_Spodek.jpg

bruce goose
Mar 24th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Is Spodek simply the name of a famous disco club in Poland,Shifty??Actually,the idea that Poland even HAS well-known disco clubs might re-inforce the stereotype that they're not as advanced as they ought to be.Then again,perhaps Europeans love disco:shrug:;here in North America,it was sort of an embarrassing fad that left many people happy when it died out.....Oh,and Petra....Don't accept any drinks from any guy with a Mushroom tattoo who's been to that club,okay;)?

ShiftyFella
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Disco is big in Eastern Europe. Disco in US done more then you actually think, it gave birth to House one of most awesomest and popular electronic dance music styles. The Chicago House from 80s is almost pure Italo Disco and still very popular all over the world. It's a shame that majority of Americans think of awful Saturday Night Fever when they hear disco and not something good like
FE25C_OSXqo

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style:banana: it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there;)

Cindy and Kate
Mar 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Disco is big in Eastern Europe. Disco in US done more then you actually think, it gave birth to House one of most awesomest and popular electronic dance music styles. The Chicago House from 80s is almost pure Italo Disco and still very popular all over the world. It's a shame that majority of Americans think of awful Saturday Night Fever when they hear disco and not something good like
FE25C_OSXqo

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style:banana: it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there;)

:lol::lol:
Nice post.
So C.C Catch is still alive and touring :hysteric:
I hope though, that Petra's future disco antics in Europe will resemble more the sleek and sexy synth/euro grooves of Miss Kittin than her latest IW and Miami Saturday NF jaded Travolta impersonation. :help:

bruce goose
Mar 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM
FE25C_OSXqo

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style:banana: it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there;)Okay,Shifty,I applaud you for being so informed on such cultural matters:worship:....And maybe I was too harsh on disco b/c of the negative element you mentioned.As 'Uncle Silas' posted,let's hope that Disco Petra doesn't play the Bee Gees crap in Katowice that she's been imitating somewhat recently:o

steni
Mar 25th, 2013, 03:45 AM
so when this tournament starts?

bruce goose
Mar 25th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Monday,April 8th,for MD action

steni
Mar 25th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Monday,April 8th,for MD action

thanks

vendulkabendulka
Mar 25th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Btw "spodek" in Czech means "the bottom".

bruce goose
Mar 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Btw "spodek" in Czech means "the bottom".Shouldn't be surprised,I guess,but are Polish and Czech very similar as languages??Sometimes,I can make out bits and pieces when I hear Brasilian futbollers speaking Portuguese on the sports channel.Do you suppose that Petra can understand some of what the Polish gals are saying when she overhears them chatting with each other??

*Jack*
Mar 25th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Shouldn't be surprised,I guess,but are Polish and Czech very similar as languages??Sometimes,I can make out bits and pieces when I hear Brasilian futbollers speaking Portuguese on the sports channel.Do you suppose that Petra can understand some of what the Polish gals are saying when she overhears them chatting with each other??
Yeah, they are both Slavic languages (similar with your example Spanish and Portuguese) so you can understand him a few words and if the Polish native speaker wants to, you can definitely communicate quite good with bigger or smaller help of your hands and beer. :lol:
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this. :) ;)

ShiftyFella
Mar 25th, 2013, 06:42 PM
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this. :) ;)
:rolls: it's like saying Russia and Ukraine two different countries:lol: We're all offspring of good ol' Soviet Russia, mutual understanding is in our blood ;)

bruce goose
Mar 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Yeah, they are both Slavic languages (similar with your example Spanish and Portuguese) so you can understand him a few words and if the Polish native speaker wants to, you can definitely communicate quite good with bigger or smaller help of your hands and beer. :lol:
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this. :) ;)Portuguese sounds kind of strange to me sometimes,actually and,even though I don't hear them much,I can sometimes understand portions of articles that are in Italian or French(especially the latter since I took that class in high school years ago).

I met a pair of guys on vacation in our Sierra region,one Czech and one Slovak,who worked together at a maquila in Juarez,and they said pretty much exactly what you posted above(they couldn't speak Spanish too well so we communicated in English).Back then,I wasn't a Petra fan so I didn't have the chance to ask the Czech fellow what he thought.Petra wasn't too well-known at that time,in 2009,so he might not have even heard of her

steni
Mar 25th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Interesting! Thats why Petra and Dominika get along pretty well!

*Jack*
Mar 25th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Interesting! Thats why Petra and Dominika get along pretty well!
Yeah, exactly, but it doesn't have only benefits, it also means that matches between Petra and the Slovak girls are more tricky because they know each other pretty well (similar like matches between two countrywomen such as Errani vs. Vinci). :rolleyes: :)

Embittered
Mar 25th, 2013, 09:54 PM
A language is a dialect with an army, as they say.

bruce goose
Mar 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Okay,Aga just finished off the talented young Sloane Stephens,winning the last two sets 6-2,6-0 after dropping the 1st set.Aga will play Flipkens next,and I can't wait to see what the scoreline is.If Flipkens makes this a competitive match,then Petra's loss won't look so bad.However,if Aga wipes the court with Flipkens(keep in mind that Aga usually doesn't just overpower anyone,as she's more of a technician),then Petra's loss will seem more damning to me.Ultimately,being top 5 means that a player maintains a high level...and DOESN'T lose to scrubs too often...and when they DO lose to one,in one of those rare down days,the loss is at least close....NOT a bagel or breadstick-flavored loss...certainly not BOTH in one match:o

honzaneumannn
Mar 25th, 2013, 10:35 PM
:rolls: it's like saying Russia and Ukraine two different countries:lol: We're all offspring of good ol' Soviet Russia, mutual understanding is in our blood ;)
And now look at that:

"Prozil noc polnuju razačarovanija" - thats Russian.
"Prozil noc plnou rozcarovani" - thats Czech.

Fot English speaking members: For him, this was a night full of disillusion.

Interesting, isnt it?

ShiftyFella
Mar 25th, 2013, 10:49 PM
And now look at that:

"Prozil noc polnuju razačarovanija" - thats Russian.
"Prozil noc plnou rozcarovani" - thats Czech.

Fot English speaking members: For him, this was a night full of disillusion.

Interesting, isnt it?
In Polish it's almost the same "Przeżyć noc pełni rozczarowania":p

Petronius
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:29 PM
BTW, anybody watching Berdy-Falla? Pretty fun match. Tomas escaped matchpoint and now is trying to turn the match around against the Colombian, who is being cheered for by a hugely biased crowd :lol:

honzaneumannn
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM
BTW, anybody watching Berdy-Falla? Pretty fun match. Tomas escaped matchpoint and now is trying to turn the match around against the Colombian, who is being cheered for by a hugely biased crowd :lol:
Falla, the choker, had 2 MPs and could not convert. Nevertheless, 2:1 in the 3rd. Berdych is choking nicely too. Hard to predict anything. I dont like to see playing Berdych like this. Pls. Petra, do me the pleasure and show some signs of your brilliance in Katowice again!!!

*Jack*
Mar 26th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Falla, the choker, had 2 MPs and could not convert. Nevertheless, 2:1 in the 3rd. Berdych is choking nicely too. Hard to predict anything. I dont like to see playing Berdych like this. Pls. Petra, do me the pleasure and show some signs of your brilliance in Katowice again!!!
It's easier to predict the future of the unpredictable Petra, right? :lol: Btw I think that the end of the 2nd set / tie-break was more about Berdych than Falla, he did what he could (it was easy to see that he did more than that in the 1st and big part of the 2nd set), so I wouldn't blame him rather than give a credit to Tomas. ;) :bounce:
The thing with Katowice, I've counted only 2 tournaments from the Dubai which she won, so according to your theory, we'll have to wait another 5 to see Petra showing her brilliance. Otherwise it would indicate that your theory is not bulletproof. ;) :lol: :p

steni
Mar 26th, 2013, 02:28 AM

Biased crowd?? Most people cheering for him were Colombians or latins...

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Kind of a funny name for a Latino athlete;it means 'failure',which most of you probably didn't know.Can't speak for Spain or Latino nations outside of Mexico,but WE usually don't refer to people as 'fallas',so it's not quite as embarrassing as it might seem on the surface.

ALL names mean something if you trace the etymology of the word;it's just that certain names are more obvious and well-known than others....For those of you Czechs who are well-versed on names,just re-assure the rest of us that 'Kvitova' doesn't have any negative connotations...like,let's say,"booger",in Czech:lol:

*Jack*
Mar 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Kind of a funny name for a Latino athlete;it means 'failure',which most of you probably didn't know.Can't speak for Spain or Latino nations outside of Mexico,but WE usually don't refer to people as 'fallas',so it's not quite as embarrassing as it might seem on the surface.

ALL names mean something if you trace the etymology of the word;it's just that certain names are more obvious and well-known than others....For those of you Czechs who are well-versed on names,just re-assure the rest of us that 'Kvitova' doesn't have any negative connotations...like,let's say,"booger",in Czech:lol:
No, it doesn't mean "booger". :lol:
I'm not that experienced in our Czech grammar but Kvitova and Kvita as a last name maybe came from a verb 'kvitovat' which means 'confirm' (but it's not that commonly used word so there are probably many people who don't know what that means in The Czech Republic :rolleyes:). :)

steni
Mar 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Where is Petra right now? Somebody knows?

paulmara
Mar 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM

probably freezing at home

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'm not that experienced in our Czech grammar but Kvitova and Kvita as a last name maybe came from a verb 'kvitovat' which means 'confirm' (but it's not that commonly used word so there are probably many people who don't know what that means in The Czech Republic :rolleyes:). :)Thanks,Jack:);like I've said,pretty much every name means SOMEthing,though it's harder for foreigners to guess at names such as 'Kvitova'.There are German names that end in '-macher' which means "maker" of whatever thing precedes the suffix,but it's tough for those of us non-Czechs to comprehend Slavic names."Petra" is much easier because it's the female version of the famous biblical name for which the meaning is commonly known

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM
probably freezing at homePetra is soaking up the sunshine with her bf on the lovely beaches of scenic Camden,New Jersey

Lufa
Mar 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM

Enjoying time with my family, especially with my love niece and nephew:)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGS3BusCEAAxdWP.jpg:large

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Where is Petra right now? Somebody knows?Yes,Lufa (post #30) is right.If you had checked Petra's twitter page--you'll recall how you asked for a Twitter/Facebook thread;)--you would have seen her tweet that Lufa refers to,and she did it in both Czech and English.I never go to Twitter at all but,by coincidence,I saw Petra's tweet on the main WTA webpage when I went there to check out something else.

Seriously,I won't do it unless it's unanimous,but should we just close that thread if nobody's going to post there:shrug:??Petra definitely uses Twitter semi-frequently so it's not like she doesn't provide any material;it's not like a 'Petra speaks Chinese thread' that we'd never have reason to check out

ShiftyFella
Mar 26th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Petra is soaking up the sunshine with her bf on the lovely beaches of scenic Camden,New Jersey
Her BF can't win one round in ITF 10k tournament to have few bucks to buy a girl flowers and take her to see a movie:lol:

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Her BF can't win one round in ITF 10k tournament to have few bucks to buy a girl flowers and take her to see a movie:lol:Yeah,but Adam wouldn't take Petra to CAMDEN even if he had 10,000 to play with as Monopoly money:lol:

ShiftyFella
Mar 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Yeah,but Adam wouldn't take Petra to CAMDEN even if he had 10,000 to play with as Monopoly money:lol:
He can show her Camden from Philly then take her to Flyers game after but i guess he spend his lunchbox money on something different when he became barely legal:lol:

steni
Mar 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Her BF can't win one round in ITF 10k tournament to have few bucks to buy a girl flowers and take her to see a movie:lol:

:lol: Shiftyfella you mean :lol:

Palkov
Mar 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I'm not that experienced in our Czech grammar but Kvitova and Kvita as a last name maybe came from a verb 'kvitovat' which means 'confirm' (but it's not that commonly used word so there are probably many people who don't know what that means in The Czech Republic :rolleyes:). :)

Yes, you're right Jack...especially teenagers would have no clue what this verb means:) I like Petra Confirm-ova

What about Berdych? "Ber dych" means "Take a breath!" in Slovakian :lol:

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Yes, you're right Jack...especially teenagers would have no clue what this verb means:) I like Petra Confirm-ova

What about Berdych? "Ber dych" means "Take a breath!" in Slovakian :lol:Am just guessing here,but names usually express some sort of positive character trait.So the old,original connection between 'confirm' and Kvitova might refer to someone who is honest and confirms the truth...or it might refer to a person who has been confirmed,or chosen,for some important honor(the 'chosen one')...or someone who confirms something by his/her actions.If that's true,then it would be quite a good name for Petra

Petronius
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:10 PM
What about Berdych? "Ber dych" means "Take a breath!" in Slovakian :lol:

Maybe, but what I've noticed lately is that Berdych mainly means business. :p

Palkov
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Am just guessing here,but names usually express some sort of positive character trait.So the old,original connection between 'confirm' and Kvitova might refer to someone who is honest and confirms the truth...or it might refer to a person who has been confirmed,or chosen,for some important honor(the 'chosen one')...or someone who confirms something by his/her actions.If that's true,then it would be quite a good name for Petra

I think all of us in this subforum has a wish that Petra would confirm by her actions on court the truth, that she had been confirmed/chosen to become one of the greatest tennis players in history;)

ShiftyFella
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:51 PM
:lol: Shiftyfella you mean :lol:
just ugly truth:lol: he has lots of r1 losses in low level ATP\ITF events receiving around 100 dollars as his prize money, that's not enough to have a decent meal for one:rolleyes:

Maybe, but what I've noticed lately is that Berdych mainly means business. :p
business of choking:wavey:

I think all of us in this subforum has a wish that Petra would confirm by her actions on court the truth, that she had been confirmed/chosen to become one of the greatest tennis players in history;)
preach it brotha:worship:

Am just guessing here,but names usually express some sort of positive character trait.So the old,original connection between 'confirm' and Kvitova might refer to someone who is honest and confirms the truth...or it might refer to a person who has been confirmed,or chosen,for some important honor(the 'chosen one')...or someone who confirms something by his/her actions.If that's true,then it would be quite a good name for Petra
Why confirm, we should embrace "Kvitko" as source and ditch "kvitovat" cos it's means "to give out receipts":lol:

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Dont think so. Regarding the fact, that -a and -ova are alternative Czech endings of own names, I would rather say, that it has something to do with "kviti" or "kvet". I graduated from Prague FFUK (Czech/German), so I think, this ethymology job could be mine. Kvet - Kvita are much more likely each other related than a proximity of Kvita with a non-czech word "kvitovat".

Plus I think, "kvitovat" has much more to do with the Germany word "quittieren" or its Latin equivalent which is surely going to be some similar word.

Petronius
Mar 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM
business of choking:wavey:

Please keep this secret away from our fellow US posters. This 'choker' has just double-breadsticked the US No. 1 Sam Querry :lol:

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
It's easier to predict the future of the unpredictable Petra, right? :lol: Btw I think that the end of the 2nd set / tie-break was more about Berdych than Falla, he did what he could (it was easy to see that he did more than that in the 1st and big part of the 2nd set), so I wouldn't blame him rather than give a credit to Tomas. ;) :bounce:
The thing with Katowice, I've counted only 2 tournaments from the Dubai which she won, so according to your theory, we'll have to wait another 5 to see Petra showing her brilliance. Otherwise it would indicate that your theory is not bulletproof. ;) :lol: :p
Thomas isnt the right kind of player for the biggest SF and F matches, while Petra is, especially for the finals where she tends to be excellent. Thats the biggest difference.

I didnt think, that it must be each 7th tournament in a row, but considering 20 tournaments a year, where Petra shall appear, I think, some 3 titles could be hers - 2 smaller, 1 bigger.

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Please keep this secret away from our fellow US posters. This 'choker' has just double-breadsticked the US No. 1 Sam Querry :lol:
You are right. But in this concrete case, I think, Querry is guilty, because he is a twice bigger choker than Mr. Berdych is...

*Jack*
Mar 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Thomas isnt the right kind of player for the biggest SF and F matches, while Petra is, especially for the finals where she tends to be excellent. Thats the biggest difference.

I didnt think, that it must be each 7th tournament in a row, but considering 20 tournaments a year, where Petra shall appear, I think, some 3 titles could be hers - 2 smaller, 1 bigger.
Well, I think that he is and he's showing it from the start of the year, his main problem is the Big 4, but that's the same for the rest of men tennis pros in the world. Petra has an advantage of her head and that there is no Big 4 on WTA tour to stop her everytime. Yea some say that there's Big 3, but that's just group of consistent players, only one of them who could hold such name is Serena (in terms of dominance). So you must think of that when you're saying this. ;-)
Moreover, tell me when was the last time when Petra beat one of them? And think of when Tomas did. ;) You'll get a better view how it is now. .) :p
And mine opinion about your theory, you can't make any theory because we didn't see any "normal year" (counting last 3 or 4). ;)

You are right. But in this concrete case, I think, Querry is guilty, because he is a twice bigger choker than Mr. Berdych is...
He hasn't even had a chance to choke because Berdych didn't even give him chance to breath. :lol: ;)

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Well, I think that he is and he's showing it from the start of the year, his main problem is the Big 4, but that's the same for the rest of men tennis pros in the world. Petra has an advantage of her head and that there is no Big 4 on WTA tour to stop her everytime. Yea some say that there's Big 3, but that's just group of consistent players, only one of them who could hold such name is Serena (in terms of dominance). So you must think of that when you're saying this. ;-)
Moreover, tell me when was the last time when Petra beat one of them? And think of when Tomas did. ;) You'll get a better view how it is now. .) :p
And mine opinion about your theory, you can't make any theory because we didn't see any "normal year" (counting last 3 or 4). ;)

He hasn't even had a chance to choke because Berdych didn't even give him chance to breath. :lol: ;)
Dont think so. Thomas had a MP with Tsonga this year in a F match, couldnt capitalize on it and then choked in the 3rd. Unlike that, Petra is a kind of player, who is able to close out the crucial final matches, as Sam Smith often mentioned. Petra was able to beat Azarenka in 2 big finals (Madrid, YEC) and Masha in that W final. Something Berdych can only dream of.

Del Potro isnt obviously that much consistent as Berdych is, but still a much better chance than by Thomas to win another GS final. Something like Petra.

The match between Berdych and Querry was not that much demonstrative because Querry fell out of the rhythm as not having to play the round before (walkover with Milos R.). Always better to have some regular rhythm there which Berd clearly had after being forced to play that long match with Falla...

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Dont think so. Regarding the fact, that -a and -ova are alternative Czech endings of own names, I would rather say, that it has something to do with "kviti" or "kvet". I graduated from Prague FFUK (Czech/German), so I think, this ethymology job could be mine. Kvet - Kvita are much more likely each other related than a proximity of Kvita with a non-czech word "kvitovat".

Plus I think, "kvitovat" has much more to do with the Germany word "quittieren" or its Latin equivalent which is surely going to be some similar word.It's great that you have such a solid education:),but could you tell the rest of us what 'kvet' or 'kviti' mean---and how they relate to 'Kvitova'?

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:25 PM
It's great that you have such a solid education:),but could you tell the rest of us what 'kvet' or 'kviti' mean---and how they relate to 'Kvitova'?
Kvet = flower or floret etc..

Kviti = flowers (plural).

Not an absolutelly exact translation, because "kviti" does not seem to have an EN equivalent, but good enough for you to have some vision.

Nice words, arent they?

ShiftyFella
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Plus I think, "kvitovat" has much more to do with the Germany word "quittieren" or its Latin equivalent which is surely going to be some similar word.
dunno but i think it has more to do with Russian word 'obilechivat' cos it's how it directly translates into Russian from Czech, In English it can be translated like to give out receipts but more accrued translation is hard to give cos this word describes whole action what conductor does when he punches tickets when you give them to him.

:rolls: Querry is mug, do i need i need to remind you about his recent matches vs Rafa, Novak or my beloved headcase Tsonga?

Kvet = flower or floret etc..

Kviti = flowers (plural).

Not an absolutelly exact translation, because "kviti" does not seem to have an EN equivalent, but good enough for you to have some vision.

Nice words, arent they?
I see you with me on Kvitko being as source;)

*Jack*
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Dont think so. Thomas had a MP with Tsonga this year in a F match, couldnt capitalize on it and then choked in the 3rd. Unlike that, Petra is a kind of player, who is able to close out the crucial final matches, as Sam Smith often mentioned. Petra was able to beat Azarenka in 2 big finals (Madrid, YEC) and Masha in that W final. Something Berdych can only dream of.

Del Potro isnt obviously that much consistent as Berdych is, but still a much better chance than by Thomas to win another GS final. Something like Petra.

The match between Berdych and Querry was not that much demonstrative because Querry fell out of the rhythm not having to play the round before (walkover with Milos R.). Always better to have some regular rhythm there which Berd clearly had after being forced to play that long match with Falla...
Well, you skiped some parts of my words you didn't like so, I won't try to answer too seriously either. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't count that MP against Tsonga because he erased it with an ace, so no MP in fact. And you can't win everything, Petra also haven't win all the finals. ;) And I don't want you to think that I think that Tomas is better, I just don't like to compare them, it's stupid and I don't like your exaggerated critique of him. :cool:
And that Querry thing, it was just one day. He didn't get in his rhythm because Berdych didn't allowed him to do that, yes, it was mainly Querry's fault that he didn't, but this only highlighted the loss. But that's just the interpretation you cannot except, so I'm just wasting my time here. :rolleyes: :(

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Well, you skiped some parts of my words you didn't like so, I won't try to answer too seriously either. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't count that MP against Tsonga because he erased it with an ace, so no MP in fact. And you can't win everything, Petra also haven't win all the finals. ;) And I don't want you to think that I think that Tomas is better, I just don't like to compare them, it's stupid and I don't like your exaggerated critique of him. :cool:
And that Querry thing, it was just one day. He didn't get in his rhythm because Berdych didn't allowed him to do that, yes, it was mainly Querry's fault that he didn't, but this only highlighted the loss. But that's just the interpretation you cannot except, so I'm just wasting my time here. :rolleyes: :(
Much more than Berdychs effort, todays match between the 2 was about being positively started thanks to a match before, which Berdych clearly was, but Querry wasnt and surely could not be, because he didnt have to play the match before..Something, which is always very important in tennis having the right rhythm...

If there is a close tiebreak with Berdychs chance to close it out as a winning match, Berdych had to do it. Petra could do the same in 10 of 12 cases. And Tomas? Better not to remember. But still, much more consistent than Petra, which is really interesting.

But the fact, that Petra is a much better player, can also be seen on price-money won up until now on tour. Petra being freshly 23 old and already some 10 mil. USD there, Thomas being 4 years older and only 13 mil. USD there. That speaks about Petras ability to dominate the crucial (and much better paid) matches, which Tomas cant do yet.

honzaneumannn
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:46 PM
dunno but i think it has more to do with Russian word 'obilechivat' cos it's how it directly translates into Russian from Czech, In English it can be translated like to give out receipts but more accrued translation is hard to give cos this word describes whole action what conductor does when he punches tickets when you give them to him.

:rolls: Querry is mug, do i need i need to remind you about his recent matches vs Rafa, Novak or my beloved headcase Tsonga?

I see you with me on Kvitko being as source;)
The "kvitko" as an origin word for "Kvit-a" seems to be clearly the best ethymologic relation which can be found - you are totally right here.

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2013, 04:00 AM
The "kvitko" as an origin word for "Kvit-a" seems to be clearly the best ethymologic relation which can be found - you are totally right here.Nothing against Berdych,but talking about Petra's name has been a LOT more interesting than anything about men's tennis;).When those prehistoric thinkers at MTF start giving the gals more credit for marketing the sport worldwide,then I'll consider giving more praise to the swishy man purse-carriers on the other side of tennis:lol:

steni
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:39 AM
I think Berdych is more consistent than Petra is, he doesn't play shitty tennis too often like Petra does. I meant he doesn't lose to mugs too often like Petra does, Petra can lose against anybody. Berdych is playing very well so far, better than Petra.

*Jack*
Mar 27th, 2013, 10:18 AM
The "kvitko" as an origin word for "Kvit-a" seems to be clearly the best ethymologic relation which can be found - you are totally right here.
Kvitko is simply her nickname, as simply as that. :lol: Don't try to overdo this homework. ;) :p

I think Berdych is more consistent than Petra is, he doesn't play shitty tennis too often like Petra does. I meant he doesn't lose to mugs too often like Petra does, Petra can lose against anybody. Berdych is playing very well so far, better than Petra.
Yes, exactly, nothing else! Some people are clearly afraid of saying that he plays better than Petra although she's much more talented and has already more titles and 1 GS under her belt. But now, in the past one or one and a half year I can't remember that she did beat even one of the WTA Big 3 (counting Sharapova, Azarenka and Serena), last time I can remember is WTA championships at the end of the 2011. Just for comparison, Berdych's "last time" was this year in Dubai against Federer, so in last 1,5 year it is 3:0 for Tomas and that is not good, say what you want. :rolleyes: :(
I'll be happy when she beat somebody from the first 3 in the rankings and start to get better in GS, until then, Tomas is simply better in terms of results. ;) :bounce:

ShiftyFella
Mar 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'll be happy when she beat somebody from the first 3 in the rankings and start to get better in GS, until then, Tomas is simply better in terms of results. ;) :bounce:
http://media.tumblr.com/998d5c927f03f2d33a251f5524bb1258/tumblr_inline_mk5f7agVVQ1qz4rgp.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z_VJ1Km5FVU/TrVGPk4lwMI/AAAAAAAAAbs/PhHSfwuFjBA/s1600/HAHAHA.gif

I know you Czech guys love your ATP hope Berdych but don't go overboard with this. Let's compare results in 2012 at Big events
Berdych AO: QF RG: R16 Wimby: R128 OG: R64 USO: SF
Petra AO: SF RG: SF Wimby: QF OG: QF USO: R16.
Since 2011 Petra won 3 Premier tournaments, Berdych won only two MMs(ATP 250), so Who has been more consistent? If Petra wasn't injured at the start and the end of 2012 she would have even better results maybe even winning Dubai in 2012 when surface was even faster almost as grass, let's even forget start of 2012, Petra's illness at YEC hurt her rankings coming to 2013 and deprived her of some big wins you were talking about, Berdych managed to score only one win in RR at WTF, do you really think Petra would have worse results then him or even lost Aga if she wasn't injured? She would have easily gotten to SF or even Final cos she would have faced Vika in SF. Stop it with Berdych better then Petra, it's bullshit just because Petra had one bad results at biggest stage in more then 2 years doesn't make Berdych better at Slams then Petra, he has only ONE big title and it was in long gone 2005 winning Paris masters, Petra achieved more in less time and her bad loss at AO is a product of her 180 degree change in fitness that happened month before AO:wavey:

*Jack*
Mar 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/998d5c927f03f2d33a251f5524bb1258/tumblr_inline_mk5f7agVVQ1qz4rgp.gif

I know you Czech guys love your ATP hope Berdych but don't go overboard with this. Let's compare results in 2012 at Big events
Berdych AO: QF RG: R16 Wimby: R128 OG: R64 USO: SF
Petra AO: SF RG: SF Wimby: QF OG: QF USO: R16.
Since 2011 Petra won 3 Premier tournaments, Berdych won only two MMs(ATP 250), so Who has been more consistent? If Petra wasn't injured at the start and the end of 2012 she would have even better results maybe even winning Dubai in 2012 when surface was even faster almost as grass, let's even forget start of 2012, Petra's illness at YEC hurt her rankings coming to 2013 and deprived her of some big wins you were talking about, Berdych managed to score only one win in RR at WTF, do you really think Petra would have worse results then him or even lost Aga if she wasn't injured? She would have easily gotten to SF or even Final cos she would have faced Vika in SF. Stop it with Berdych better then Petra, it's bullshit just because Petra had one bad results at biggest stage in more then 2 years doesn't make Berdych better at Slams then Petra, he has only ONE big title and it was in long gone 2005 winning Paris masters, Petra achieved more in less time and her bad loss at AO is a product of her 180 degree change in fitness that happened month before AO:wavey:
I knew what is gonna come and I've got it. Thank for your funny post, Shifty! :lol:
I was just trying to piss off Honza and it got out of my control, but I kind of forget where I'm. :lol:

Now, a little more seriously. I was talking about matches against the best of the best, you didn't have to write all the good results and comparisons, I know them and I'm not questioning her results last year on GS (she's done her best results on 3 of 4 GS last year and first half of a year was good enough for me! - unlike many others), I just wanted to say, that I'm not happy with her results against the top player a that it is a bit better with Berdych, that's all. ;):wavey:
Again, he's not better and he can't be, but he's doing great from the last year's Olympics. Petra is much more talented and could become no.1 if she could play well long enough which is bloody tough if you have to deal with injuries and diseases (I hope she got over this). :)

I know you Czech guys love your ATP hope Berdych.
Yep, why do not confess, but I think that lot of people from other countries (such as yours) where they don't have such a good player are a little jealous. :lol:
But I don't want to continue in this "Berdych vs Petra war" because - as I said - it's stupid,:rolleyes: especially for me as a big fun of both of them. ;)

P.S.: I deleted the Asian guy from the quote because he's a little too gay. :)

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Well,I'll give Berdych some credit for embarassing the U.S.' #1 player on his own soil:cool:,but let's keep the forum more focused on PETRA since I can almost guarantee you that the man-purse-carriers at MTF aren't spending any time giving the Lioness any credit

mac47
Mar 27th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Berdych since he turned pro in 2004 is 8-10 in finals, with one lost slam final among those 10.

Petra is 10-2, with a slam title and a YEC title.

Someone is clutch, and it ain't Berdych.

ShiftyFella
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Now, a little more seriously. I was talking about matches against the best of the best, you didn't have to write all the good results and comparisons, I know them and I'm not questioning her results last year on GS (she's done her best results on 3 of 4 GS last year and first half of a year was good enough for me! - unlike many others), I just wanted to say, that I'm not happy with her results against the top player a that it is a bit better with Berdych, that's all. ;):wavey:
Again, he's not better and he can't be, but he's doing great from the last year's Olympics. Petra is much more talented and could become no.1 if she could play well long enough which is bloody tough if you have to deal with injuries and diseases (I hope she got over this). :)
Again you put yourself on the spot. You've said he's more consistent and better in terms of slam results, i proved you wrong, now i have to teach you about H2H vs Top10? really? Petra vs Top10 this year is 4-1, Berdych is 2-4, he gets beaten by Top players consistently while Petra not, last year she lost few times to Sharpie on slow ass surfaces where Sharpie was better and she never get to face her on her best surface, at Wimbledon PEAK GOAT Rena was the only player who would have stopped her defending that trophy and she stopped her because Sarin put godly performance, while Berdych ass get's easily whooped even on his best surface. Murray is the only Big Top player against who he has even h2h but most of his wins are from older days. Do we need to compare every aspect of theirs game, so you would finally stopped with this comparison and stuff like Berdych better then Petra. Berdych nowhere near Petra's level results and talent wise, he will never be.

Yep, why do not confess, but I think that lot of people from other countries (such as yours) where they don't have such a good player are a little jealous. :lol:

Why would i be jealous? WTA girls from my country are hotter and The Dog has more talent, finesse and just generally more exiting player to watch:p

P.S.: I deleted the Asian guy from the quote because he's a little too gay. :)
:rolls: it's Key(Kim Ki-bum) KPOP legend and dream of billions of teenage girls. He's typical asian guy i.e with feminine features:wavey:

Petronius
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Those Petra-Tomas comparisons are funny, keep them coming. :lol:

My secret wish is that they win a combined total of 14 matches at the 2013 Wimbledon. In 2010, they won 11. In 2011, they won 10. Now it's perfect time to step it up, win a few more matches than in the past two years and then visit the Wimbledon champions' ball together! :rocker2:

[/JINX]

Petronius
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
The match between Berdych and Querry was not that much demonstrative because Querry fell out of the rhythm as not having to play the round before (walkover with Milos R.). Always better to have some regular rhythm there which Berd clearly had after being forced to play that long match with Falla...

You should check some betting forums where people were debating where to put their money. :lol:

Quote:

'Theres a good chance for tomorrow, since querrey got a walk thru and berdych gotta be tired sooner or later.'

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Those Petra-Tomas comparisons are funny, keep them coming.No,THEY SUCK!Why don't you shove them up your ass and carry them over to MTF...then you can see how much the punks over there enjoy chatting about Petra:wavey:

And Shifty,I expect better from you:facepalm:.Just let Petronius babble on about great what's-his-name is so he won't have to cry to his mommy about how mean the people in this forum are towards Czech players.This is WOMEN'S tennis forum...that's WOMEN'S tennis forum....I'm sorry that I can't speak Ukrainian to make it any simpler than that....If you wanna talk about the ATP swishes,then do it in the OFF-topic thread or create a separate,new thread for men's tennis.....IF the mods will let you...if you just can't get images of men off your mind,like Petronius

Deestruction
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:34 PM

I don't really care for Sam, he's not in my faves :p

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

*Jack*
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Again you put yourself on the spot. You've said he's more consistent and better in terms of slam results, i proved you wrong, now i have to teach you about H2H vs Top10? really? Petra vs Top10 this year is 4-1, Berdych is 2-4, he gets beaten by Top players consistently while Petra not, last year she lost few times to Sharpie on slow ass surfaces where Sharpie was better and she never get to face her on her best surface, at Wimbledon PEAK GOAT Rena was the only player who would have stopped her defending that trophy and she stopped her because Sarin put godly performance, while Berdych ass get's easily whooped even on his best surface. Murray is the only Big Top player against who he has even h2h but most of his wins are from older days. Do we need to compare every aspect of theirs game, so you would finally stopped with this comparison and stuff like Berdych better then Petra. Berdych nowhere near Petra's level results and talent wise, he will never be.

Why would i be jealous? WTA girls from my country are hotter and The Dog has more talent, finesse and just generally more exiting player to watch:p

:rolls: it's Key(Kim Ki-bum) KPOP legend and dream of billions of teenage girls. He's typical asian guy i.e with feminine features:wavey:
I'm tired of explaning and repeating my self, so I'll just quote my self and if you don't get what I was saying I don't care. ;)
The 1st thing is about the WTA Big 3 (I wasn't talking about top 10 because I'm not dump, I know how the stats are betwen P. and T.):
I can't remember that she did beat even one of the WTA Big 3 (counting Sharapova, Azarenka and Serena),
If you're telling that she didn't win because she didn't make it to the top rounds, that's not a good thing to mention, is it. ;)

The 2nd, you don't have to teach me or explain anything about Petra's talent:
Petra is much more talented and could become no.1

Why should you be jealous? I wasn't talking about you, don't know how did you figure it out. :lol: But I think that lots of people who watch mens tennis would like to have a player like Berdych to play for their country (there is not many nations which has players as good as him). And if you have "talented" girls in your country, you could rather show us or I won't believe you (my point is to see them ;)). :lol:

You should check some betting forums where people were debating where to put their money. :lol:

Quote:

'Theres a good chance for tomorrow, since querrey got a walk thru and berdych gotta be tired sooner or later.'
Yeah, that's the other interpretation, but I don't think so that it is gonna be valid argument for Honza. ;) :rolleyes:

EDIT:
No,THEY SUCK!Why don't you shove them up your ass and carry them over to MTF...then you can see how much the punks over there enjoy chatting about Petra:wavey:

And Shifty,I expect better from you:facepalm:.Just let Petronius babble on about great what's-his-name is so he won't have to cry to his mommy about how mean the people in this forum are towards Czech players.This is WOMEN'S tennis forum...that's WOMEN'S tennis forum....I'm sorry that I can't speak Ukrainian to make it any simpler than that....If you wanna talk about the ATP swishes,then do it in the OFF-topic thread or create a separate,new thread for men's tennis.....IF the mods will let you...if you just can't get images of men off your mind,like Petronius
Totally agree with you, I'm done with this OT. :) ;)

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Totally agree with you, I'm done with this OT. :) ;)Thank you for not taking personal offense to that:hatoff:;it's amazing when you find someone with such warped IL-logic which claims that it's off-topic and cruel to complain about Petra's management team...and then hypocritically takes every last chance to boost that same team,thus re-birthing the argument.....And,unless Petra's attending the match or dating one of the participants,ATP is a HELLUVA lot more off-topic than Petra's management team should ever be...though some of us post only in the separate thread that's designed for that topic......I blame part of this on Petra:lol:---for losing too early in Miami and not giving us more worthy stuff to chat about.

Petronius
Mar 27th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Just let Petronius babble on about great what's-his-name is so he won't have to cry to his mommy about how mean the people in this forum are towards Czech players.

Life is harsh I know. :hug:

Hint: there's an IGNORE button, so you can easily put that babbling and obnoxious Czech nationalist Petronius on the mute in a matter of seconds. :)

BTW, is it just me or our Mexican friend is always whining about what other posters say or don't say instead of bringing some fresh piece of news on Petra? :p

ShiftyFella
Mar 27th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I'm tired of explaning and repeating my self, so I'll just quote my self and if you don't get what I was saying I don't care. ;)
The 1st thing is about the WTA Big 3 (I wasn't talking about top 10 because I'm not dump, I know how the stats are betwen P. and T.):

If you're telling that she didn't win because she didn't make it to the top rounds, that's not a good thing to mention, is it. ;)

:rolls: You're not Ex, so stop trying with all those attempts to get out cos you were supposedly misquoted, you were talking about top players not Big 3. Wanna talk about Big 3? Ok, Petra owns Aza, beat Sharpie to win Wimbledon, only Serena owns her but outside AO match in 2010 she always gave her big ass troubles even to Peak Rena, Sharpie or Aza just can't be competitive vs Peak Serena but Petra is and always will be. While your guy whom you try to ascend over Petra once more is 1-15 vs Djo, 3-13 vs Nadal and 6-11 vs Roger, so who's better and more competitive vs Big 3? Like i said before stop with this bullshit, Berdych is fail in every aspect of the game when compared to Petra, he can't and never will be better then Petra, period.

And Shifty,I expect better from you:facepalm:
Sorry to disappoint you Brucie but i will not let this go, bashing Petra in her own subforum and saying some ATP flop is better then her is unacceptable

*Jack*
Mar 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM
:rolls: You're not Ex, so stop trying with all those attempts to get out cos you were supposedly misquoted, you were talking about top players not Big 3. Wanna talk about Big 3? Ok, Petra owns Aza, beat Sharpie to win Wimbledon, only Serena owns her but outside AO match in 2010 she always gave her big ass troubles even to Peak Rena, Sharpie or Aza just can't be competitive vs Peak Serena but Petra is and always will be. While your guy whom you try to ascend over Petra once more is 1-15 vs Djo, 3-13 vs Nadal and 6-11 vs Roger, so who's better and more competitive vs Big 3? Like i said before stop with this bullshit, Berdych is fail in every aspect of the game when compared to Petra, he can't and never will be better then Petra, period.

Sorry to disappoint you Brucie but i will not let this go, bashing Petra in her own subforum and saying some ATP flop is better then her is unacceptable
Bla bla bla, I'm sich of this, I was talking about last 1,5 of a year. That's all. I'm not bashing Petra, I have no reason for that, what I'm doing at the last 10 or i-don't-know-how-many post is explaining to you what I meant, but that's just impossible because you are not interested. The end. You don't have to write anything, I can't disagree with anything you've said about Petra so our argument is pointless. :rolleyes: :( :help:

Anyway, it's my mistake that I didn't want to write all the time "The Big 3 of 4" and I was looking for synonyms so my sentences woudln't be monotonous, that's just stupid thing from the school and it just give you the opportunity to extend the argument. Sorry for that. ;)
P.S.: I've highlighted the text for you so you won't overlook that. ;)

James
Mar 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Since we are receiving complaints, can I give a reminder to our policy on ATP related posts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=307896

Please try to stick to the topic at hand, which is the upcoming clay tournaments of Petra. A passing comment about ATP is not unacceptable, this thread contains too many of them however.

steni
Mar 27th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Who is complaining? Whiners!!!!

ArcticMoose
Mar 27th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Since we are receiving complaints, can I give a reminder to our policy on ATP related posts:

Please try to stick to the topic at hand, which is the upcoming clay tournaments of Petra. A passing comment about ATP is not unacceptable, this thread contains too many of them however.

:tape: :oh: mmmm... who could have complained...could it be Adam , Huggy Bear, Kung-Fu Panda or Uncle Cernosek's cabal..??:devil::haha::hysteric:

Lufa
Mar 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM
You guys (and girls) suck. Not often. Sometimes. But pretty much lately.
I suggest to rename this thread to "Petra Kvitova's fans dirty fighting in mud"

*Jack*
Mar 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM
:tape: :oh: mmmm... who could have complained...could it be Adam , Huggy Bear, Kung-Fu Panda or Uncle Cernosek's cabal..??:devil::haha::hysteric:
I hope this is not going to be judged as an:topic: but I just couldn't help my self. :lol:
DjiKmXmk1QM

Is anyone betting on Petra winning the BNP Paribas Katowice Open? :oh:

EDIT:
You guys (and girls) suck. Not often. Sometimes. But pretty much lately.
I suggest to rename this thread to "Petra Kvitova's fans dirty fighting in mud"
This totally knocked me off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Life is harsh I know. :hug:

Hint: there's an IGNORE button, so you can easily put that babbling and obnoxious Czech nationalist Petronius on the mute in a matter of seconds. :)

BTW, is it just me or our Mexican friend is always whining about what other posters say or don't say instead of bringing some fresh piece of news on Petra? :pWhy don't you practice what you preach,Marica,and use the ignore button instead of acting like a whiny bitch every time anyone dares to question the infallibility of Pope Cermosek:lol:?

If you were any bigger of a phony hypocrite,you could hold political office here.It should be simple common sense--even for YOU:p;this is WOMEN'S tennis forum,and moderator 'Miffed Max' has already replied to my PM that we need to clean up the crap in PETRA's forum...now go run back to your mommy and tell her how mean we're being to the 'Pope':wavey:

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2013, 10:05 PM

Please try to stick to the topic at hand, which is the upcoming clay tournaments of Petra. A passing comment about ATP is not unacceptable, this thread contains too many of them however.Thank you for explaining something that SHOULD have been simple for anyone with an elementary-school education:hatoff:

....And in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet,I'M the one who complained,though Lufa was apparently tired of the B.S.,too.If you wanna blab endlesly about men's tennis,there's a casa de maricas named MTF where you can compare your OWN softness to the swishes on the ATP tour....And if anyone else has a problem with THAT...Chupame la verga:wavey:

Palkov
Mar 27th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Is anyone betting on Petra winning the BNP Paribas Katowice Open? :oh:

Me? Rather not..do not forget we are on Petra's rollercoaster wagon. She can easily lose in the 2nd round to some of many Czech gals presented there and also she is not frequently No.1 seeded (nerves?). But if HuggyBear stays home and will coach only via SMS (like he did during Dubai), who knows?:)

Knock on wood for great start of clay season...

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Me? Rather not..do not forget we are on Petra's rollercoaster wagon. She can easily lose in the 2nd round to some of many Czech gals presented there and also she is not frequently No.1 seeded (nerves?). But if HuggyBear stays home and will coach only via SMS (like he did during Dubai), who knows?:)

Knock on wood for great start of clay season...To be fair to Petra,very few players get to be the #1 seed unless they play smaller events,and Petra has limits on how many Internationals she's allowed to play.When Petra plays at a typical big Premier,it usually has at least a couple members of the Top 5,and that means that Petra will have a respectable seeding...just not #1.

Wasn't Petra the top seed at Linz in 2011,though?You might be right about nerves but,personally,I'm more worried about complacency and OVER-confidence:eek:

Palkov
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM
To be fair to Petra,very few players get to be the #1 seed unless they play smaller events,and Petra has limits on how many Internationals she's allowed to play.When Petra plays at a typical big Premier,it usually has at least a couple members of the Top 5,and that means that Petra will have a respectable seeding...just not #1.

Wasn't Petra the top seed at Linz in 2011,though?You might be right about nerves but,personally,I'm more worried about complacency and OVER-confidence:eek:

Good point...I would say that over-confidence is more issue for different players than Petra (she is still far away from Serena or Masha in this area:)). Petra just too often underestimates a low-ranked opponent.

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Good point...I would say that over-confidence is more issue for different players than Petra (she is still far away from Serena or Masha in this area:)). Petra just too often underestimates a low-ranked opponent.Yeah,the last part of your post is basically what I meant.It's not that Petra is arrogant,per se,with regard to other players,but she's probably at least vaguely familiar with their results in most cases,and she might not have a very intense focus,sometimes,if she faces a player with a much-lower ranking.That can happen to almost ANY skilled athlete or team,on occasion,but Petra underperforms a little too often when she should be threatening to put certain opponents in the Petra Express(less than 1 hour)thread

*Jack*
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Good point...I would say that over-confidence is more issue for different players than Petra (she is still far away from Serena or Masha in this area:)). Petra just too often underestimates a low-ranked opponent.
She underestimates mainly her self, that's the problem. ;) I woudln't say she's that kind of person who underestimates the others, it's connected to her character. If I look at how she treats other people she's supposed to overestimate other players, but as Kotyza ones said: "When she's on court, she's totally different person...", so probably it's a bit more complicated. :rolleyes:

steni
Mar 28th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Knock on wood for great start of clay season...

Do you know if she is already practicing on clay and getting ready for the next tournament? Im wondering if she would do it outdoors, Prostejov have clay indoors courts? Im guessing is still cold over there.. Thanks!

steni
Mar 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM
She underestimates mainly her self, that's the problem. ;) I woudln't say she's that kind of person who underestimates the others, it's connected to her character. If I look at how she treats other people she's supposed to overestimate other players, but as Kotyza ones said: "When she's on court, she's totally different person...", so probably it's a bit more complicated. :rolleyes:

Petra doesnt have a bitch attitude like the top 3, she is very nice, so Im not sure if everytime she steps on court, she wants to destroy and humiliate her opponents, she is very kind with her opponents, and sometimes overconfident, she needs to figure still... I think!

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2013, 07:39 PM
According to what Petronius posted(and this was a surprising admission from him),the arenas they used for Extraliga in Prostejov were so small,height-wise,that they couldn't even accommodate good camera angles to televise the event.Obviously,I haven't seen those facilities but,if they're as modest as they were described,then INDOOR clay is very unlikely

*Jack*
Mar 28th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Do you know if she is already practicing on clay and getting ready for the next tournament? Im wondering if she would do it outdoors, Prostejov have clay indoors courts? Im guessing is still cold over there.. Thanks!
Yes, there is still pretty cold for tennis but it must be similar every year, :rolleyes: where she was preparing herself last year and the years before? :confused:

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I remember now. There is an option oftentimes used in our country which is hide the clay courts under the pneumatic tent, I think you know what I mean. ;)
http://www.portalymest.cz/obrazky/nafukovaci-hala-na-tenisovych-kurtech-v-zime.JPG

Palkov
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM

Well, I would expect her to practice in between playing with her nieces;)
Seriously, based on Prostejov Tennis club web pages http://www.tkagrofert.cz/index-en.php?rubrika=16&sel_rub=2 In case of bad weather, there is the possibility of using two inflatable indoor halls, one of them with a hard court is accessible throughout the year
So, they got this pneumatic tent Jack has referred to.

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Well, I would expect her to practice in between playing with her nieces;)
Seriously, based on Prostejov Tennis club web pages http://www.tkagrofert.cz/index-en.php?rubrika=16&sel_rub=2 In case of bad weather, there is the possibility of using two inflatable indoor halls, one of them with a hard court is accessible throughout the year
So, they got this pneumatic tent Jack has referred to.You mentioned HARD court,but would it be possible for Petra to access a CLAY court at those same facilities?Can those clay courts accommodate the pneumatic tent?

Palkov
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:57 PM
You mentioned HARD court,but would it be possible for Petra to access a CLAY court at those same facilities?Can those clay courts accommodate the pneumatic tent?

Yes, one of the indoors covers a clay court - the temporary tent, at least I suppose. I have never been there personally. Does anybody know? Paulmara, honzaneumann?

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Yes, one of the indoors covers a clay court - the temporary tent, at least I suppose. I have never been there personally. Does anybody knows? Paulmara, honzaneumann?Well,the folks with the Prostejov facility definitely deserve some credit for such contingencies:hatoff: .I'm curious as to how many years they've had those preparations....will assume that Petra will take the initiative to ask for the pneumatic tent whenever she has to practice during inclement weather

I remember a couple years ago when some of us here at TF were checking the live feed from Bad Gastein(which is notorious for excessive rain),and the tourney chief walked out on to the court with one of the grounds managers and stood there,looking up at the sky,as it drizzled.They just STOOD there,as if they were saying,'Gee,if this rain keeps up,we might have to cover the court with the tarp:silly:'.Maybe it was a battery-powered roll-out tarp and they didn't want to run up their electric bill:rolleyes::lol:

Barktra
Mar 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Can't wait for Madrid since it is back to red clay

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Madrid certainly was a strange tourney last year,as that blue stuff produced some bizarre,freakish results,but I still think that Petra could've put on a better show of defending her title

*Jack*
Mar 31st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Madrid certainly was a strange tourney last year,as that blue stuff produced some bizarre,freakish results,but I still think that Petra could've put on a better show of defending her title
Well, although Petra didn't do well on that surface, on the ATP side it wasn't that bad. I liked especially when Nadal and Djokovic lost. :lol:
I think that the blue clay was slippery and unpredictable as much as grass, this is the reason why I'm still wondering that she lost, :confused: although it was with Czech opponent so it would be tough match everywhere. :rolleyes:

paulmara
Mar 31st, 2013, 06:30 PM
Do you know if she is already practicing on clay and getting ready for the next tournament?

Steni would be very tough coach

Im wondering if she would do it outdoors, Prostejov have clay indoors courts?

Štěpánek : "Part of the roof collapsed under heavy snow. We were not able to train."

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Steni would be very tough coachYou mean compared to HuggyBear,who's so afraid of Prosto that he lets him run around outside the court and urinate wherever he wants while Petra is practising:eek:

Am taking off for the day so Feliz Pascua,PabloMara:wavey:

*Jack*
Mar 31st, 2013, 07:03 PM

Štěpánek : "Part of the roof collapsed under heavy snow. We were not able to train."
Well, I though Stepanek trains in Prague as he belongs to Sparta (or Slavia) tennis club, so it must be different in Prostejov I think. :rolleyes:
But that roof, which Stepanek was talking about, had to be very bad because Prague and Prostejov are in lowland and there is not much snow compared to some 2 meters of snow in the mountains. ;) :rolleyes:

paulmara
Mar 31st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Well, I though Stepanek trains in Prague as he belongs to Sparta (or Slavia) tennis club, so it must be different in Prostejov I think. :rolleyes:

He was talking about Prostějov

*Jack*
Mar 31st, 2013, 07:37 PM
He was talking about Prostějov
Interesting, I though he train elsewhere. :rolleyes: Where did you hear or read that? :)

aloeball
Mar 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
I don't see any of you guys/girls posting in Serena vs Sharapova threads. They don't tickle your fancy ?

I find there are a few Serena-Petra fans though

pling
Mar 31st, 2013, 11:27 PM
I don't see any of you guys/girls posting in Serena vs Sharapova threads. They don't tickle your fancy ?

Those serena-wapanoba threads seem to do pretty well without us :lol:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/curenta/catfight.gif

ArcticMoose
Mar 31st, 2013, 11:28 PM
:DThis happens to be the hardcore;) 1on1 Petra devotee hangout den ....:p not many floppy ones tend to hangout here...

:angel: The growing numbers in Serena-Petra fans are the undeniable;) acceptance among the lord fanbase that Petra:drool: is the annointed golden one:hearts: who is the heir:worship: to the throne:kiss:

Pimp_Me_Pova
Mar 31st, 2013, 11:33 PM
i hope she will win in poland, that would be grat result, and preparation for fed cup, and also for rest of clay season..
if she put a great game, and rise up a level, i believe that she can go into the finals of RG with na li :worship:
in picute thread she does look fitter, i can't wait to see her performe :bounce:

steni
Mar 31st, 2013, 11:51 PM

Honestly Serena was my main favorite, but I dump her for Petra, but I still like Serena (except when she plays Petra) :)

steni
Mar 31st, 2013, 11:52 PM

Oh yes :lol:

mac47
Apr 1st, 2013, 01:46 AM
I like Serena's game and enjoy watching her. She's the greatest of all time, and I hope she surpasses Graf's slam count.

I like Petra better, mainly because she is so sweet and has such awesome shots.

I loathe and hate Pova and Vika. I wish neither of them had ever taken up tennis at all, or at least that they had never become good enough to subject the world to their horrible noise pollution.

I watched the Miami final until Pova went up a break in the second set. At that point, I said, "Damn. The WTA is going to hell." And I turned it off. I shouldn't have doubted Serena. Imagine my joy when I awoke the next morning to find that Serena had laid a bagel on Maria in the third!

Anyway, Serena is all that is preventing a horrible, nightmarish domination of the tour (and especially the slams) by Vika and Maria. I am praying that Petra will improve and slay them in the future. She has been my only hope, dominating Vika the way she did in 2011, and preventing a horrible result by thrashing Maria at Wimbledon. But 2012 was terribly disappointing, with four losses to Maria.

Na is too old and the rest of the tour is mostly useless. If Petra doesn't step up and dominate these two hateful bitches, I will stop watching tennis. I already can't listen to it.

Barktra
Apr 1st, 2013, 03:17 AM
Tbh Petra needs to do something then we can get into stan wars :lol:

bruce goose
Apr 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Have been surprised how many bashers and haters count themselves as Petra fans.Normally(there are exceptions,of course),those kinds of fans are kind of shallow people who are attracted to only the sport's huge names or one of the "cover girls".Petra is certainly quite attractive and is undeniably a player who could be consistently dominant,but she's not yet one of the first names folks mention when they discuss the tour's hottest gals,and she hasn't fulfilled her potential yet as an ass-kicker,either...so she wouldn't as easily attract the sort of bashers that you frequently find in,say,the Sharapova sub-forum.

To me,the only players who are worthy of contempt are the ones who strongly undermine the sport by PRETENDING to be dedicated players even though they only truly care about endorsements.Those individuals cause non-hardcore fans to lose respect for the sport,and they also set a horrible example for the younger gals who are just entering the WTA.

I don't really care about how Petra fans deal with other players too much,but it WILL create a hostile atmosphere for those Petra fans who like visiting GM a lot...and the only way that her fans will get any relief is if Petra silences critics by beating other top players and regularly winning the big events

paulmara
Apr 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Where did you hear or read that? :)

press conference
http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_zprava/cesti-teniste-si-na-ctvrtfinale-davis-cupu-v-kazachstanu-veri-i-bez-berdycha--1194305

bruce goose
Apr 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Even though it's a completely different surface,I can see where Petra would want to play a tourney prior to the Fed Cup SFs.Plus,even if she makes the final at Katowice,she'll have a full 3 or 4 days to recuperate even when you factor in the travel day

ShiftyFella
Apr 3rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Petra Kvitova @Petra_Kvitova
Hello from my tennis club Prostejov
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534089_517213748342709_1335863862_n.jpg

paulmara
Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:01 PM

At least she is not sick ... yet

bruce goose
Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Petra Kvitova @Petra_Kvitova
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534089_517213748342709_1335863862_n.jpgYou know,Jagr just got traded to the Bruins,so he won't be able to come there and help Petra prepare the court for practice while he's in the middle of a playoff push

paulmara
Apr 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Round 1 Kvitova v Doi

steni
Apr 6th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Round 1 Kvitova v Doi

Thank you! Do you have info about where is she now? :)

paulmara
Apr 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Do you have info about where is she now? :)

Prostějov – Katowice = 2h 20 minutes by car

Petronius
Apr 6th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Prostějov – Katowice = 2h 20 minutes by car

Smart choice by Petra. I suspect that she even speaks some Polish. :)

Barktra
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Good draw for Petra, anything but a title is a disappointment.

bruce goose
Apr 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
In case some of you didn't know,Misaki sounds a bit like the Spanish word for 'masseur/masseuse',and her last name,Doi,is probably pronounced very much like the combination,'de hoy'('of today').As the Spanish 'h' is silent,"hoy" is pronounced 'oy'.So,if the erotic Japanese massage parlors,found in urban red light districts in U.S. towns,gave out not just Employee of the Month but also an Employee of the Day award to one lucky gal then,in Spanish,she would be the 'Masaka de hoy'..........That's the only thing that's remotely interesting about Petra's 1st round opponent...and I hope that Petra can dismiss her quickly in a similarly uneventful match

paulmara
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova 3hod
On my way to Katowice and wanted to congratulate the Czech Davis Cup team again! Amazing win for the boys:)

Deestruction
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Tbh Petra needs to do something then we can get into stan wars :lol:

I agree :lol:

bruce goose
Apr 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM
No surprise that Petra,as #1 seed,isn't playing the first day...a parting question(will read any replies when I get back tonight).Is the town pronounced,phonetically,CAT-uh-veece??Or is it pronounced differently??

Barktra
Apr 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Is Katowice indoors?

pling
Apr 7th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Is Katowice indoors?

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/brrrr.gif

bruce goose
Apr 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Is Katowice indoors?Well,the offices of the tourney bosses are....but Petra's game is too powerful to play in such a confined space: She'd break all the windows and leave plenty of dents in the walls:p

ShiftyFella
Apr 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Broadcasting Schedule:

Monday, April 8
TVP SPORT 13.00 Live 1st round
TVP SPORT 17.00 Live exhibition game show: Kubot - Janowicz

Tuesday, April 9
TVP SPORT 16.55 Live exhibition match involving A. Radwanska, Jans, Fyrstenberg and Matkowski
TVP SPORT 19.00 Live 1st round

Wednesday, April 10
TVP SPORT 15.10 Live 2nd round

Thursday, April 11
TVP SPORT 12.05 Live 2nd round
TVP SPORT 13.50 Live 2nd round
TVP SPORT 18.00 Live 2nd round

Friday, April 12
TVP SPORT 13.00 Live Quarter Final
TVP SPORT 15.00 Live Quarter Final
TVP SPORT 19.00 Live Quarter Final
TVP SPORT 21.00 Live Quarter Final

Saturday, April 13
TVP SPORT 17.00 Live Semi Final
TVP SPORT 19.00 Live Semi Final

Sunday, April 14
TVP SPORT 16.55 Live FINAL

You can watch matches live at sport.tvp.pl (http://sport.tvp.pl) but i'm not sure will it work worldwide for anyone:shrug:

Petronius
Apr 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Broadcasting Schedule:

You can watch matches live at sport.tvp.pl (http://sport.tvp.pl) but i'm not sure will it work worldwide for anyone:shrug:

Thanks for the link. I liked the sentence 'Ta witryna wykorzystuje pliki cookies do przechowywania informacji na Twoim komputerze'. Polish language rocks. :lol:

*Jack*
Apr 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
No surprise that Petra,as #1 seed,isn't playing the first day...a parting question(will read any replies when I get back tonight).Is the town pronounced,phonetically,CAT-uh-veece??Or is it pronounced differently??
There is a phonetic version of it if you know what that symbols mean. :lol: [katɔˈvʲit͡sɛ] If not, there is a link to wikipedia's "I'll read it for you." version. ;)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Pl-Katowice.ogg

Thanks for the link. I liked the sentence 'Ta witryna wykorzystuje pliki cookies do przechowywania informacji na Twoim komputerze'. Polish language rocks. :lol:
Precisely. :lol: But I haven't been able to find there any player to watch some live stream. Does anyone knows where on the website I can find it? :confused:

Petronius
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Precisely. :lol: But I haven't been able to find there any player to watch some live stream. Does anyone knows where on the website I can find it? :confused:

I think you need to press the "Transmisje" button:

Here's the link for Pliskova-Zakopalova live coverage

http://sport.tvp.pl/5189542/tenis/wideo/tenis-wta-katowice-k-pliskova-k-zakopalova

I'll be also checking for livescorehunter or maybe Shifty will be providing us with live coverage right from Katowice :hearts:

*Jack*
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I think you need to press the "Transmisje" button:

Here's the link for Pliskova-Zakopalova live coverage

http://sport.tvp.pl/5189542/tenis/wideo/tenis-wta-katowice-k-pliskova-k-zakopalova

I'll be also checking for livescorehunter or maybe Shifty will be providing us with live coverage right from Katowice :hearts:
Thanks, I've already found a stream on streamhunter.eu, it's the same coverage as the one you've found for me. ;)
Yeah, that would be great! :) :bounce: :hearts:

Petronius
Apr 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks, I've already found a stream on streamhunter.eu, it's the same coverage as the one you've found for me. ;)
Yeah, that would be great! :) :bounce: :hearts:

Is it just me or the Polish stream has no sound and no scoreboard on the screen? :mad:

Petronius
Apr 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Never mind, this one works quite well: http://lsh.streamhunter.eu/static/popups/144470980341090.html

*Jack*
Apr 8th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Is it just me or the Polish stream has no sound and no scoreboard on the screen? :mad:
Yeah, I hate this! :mad: I'm so used to check the scoreboard on the screen that I have big troubles watching match without it because most of the time I have no idea what the score is :confused: because I watch it while I'm doing something to the school. :rolleyes:

But the Polish commentary is just amusing: "Klara Zakopalova šuka nějaku pomoc". :lol:

Petronius
Apr 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I hate this! :mad: I'm so used to check the scoreboard on the screen that I have big troubles watching match without it because most of the time I have no idea what the score is :confused: because I watch it while I'm doing something to the school. :rolleyes:

But the Polish commentary is just amusing: "Klara Zakopalova šuka nějaku pomoc". :lol:

Yeah, the Polish language is growing on me :hearts:

BTW, if you want to hear a really ugly language, check any Dutch video on youtube (and I like Holland). :lol:

*Jack*
Apr 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558538_519280081469409_61099387_n.jpg
Hello from Katowice:) Will play against Doi on Wednesday!

Petra is already in Katowice Spodek arena with her incredibly light hair - is it possible (naturally) that they're so much lighter now than 2 months ago? :eek: :hearts:

Petronius
Apr 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I guess it's better to play againts Doi than Domi ;)

BTW, if I'm not mistaken:

If Goatra wants to win the whole thing she'll be playing five matches in five days through Sunday?

steni
Apr 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558538_519280081469409_61099387_n.jpg

Petra is already in Katowice Spodek arena with her incredibly light hair - is it possible (naturally) that they're so much lighter now than 2 months ago? :eek: :hearts:

I like her hair like that. She looks pretty!

bruce goose
Apr 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
There is a phonetic version of it if you know what that symbols mean. :lol: [katɔˈvʲit͡sɛ] If not, there is a link to wikipedia's "I'll read it for you." version. ;)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Pl-Katowice.oggYeah,Spanish and Polish are so similar that I know EXACTLY what those symbols mean:lol:.Thanks for the audio guide,but I was surprised that the Polish 'o' was close to the English long sound.Was being lazy earlier,because the 'Kat' part is obviously pronounced more like 'caht' than 'cat'.

It's a little disappointing,to me,that a brunette with a gorgeous face like Kookie's is using such a fake-looking blonde dye job.However,since Petra is a natural blonde,it doesn't look bad if she frosts it a bit to make it 'blonder':hearts:

bruce goose
Apr 10th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Not a complete tail-kicking by Petra,but good enough,for now,and she should be able to handle the lovely Luxembourgian(if that's even a word:lol:)in the next round

ShiftyFella
Apr 10th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Petra vs Minella at 6:00PM on Center Court

btw, her post match quote in Polish
Pierwszy mecz nigdy nie jest łatwy. Zawsze potrzebuję jednego pojedynku, aby się rozegrać. Byłam zaziębiona w zeszłym tygodniu. Nie czułam sie dziś najlepiej, ale ... będzie dobrze. Nigdy nie sprawdzam losowania i nie interesuję się tym, z kim będę grała
last part:haha:

Petronius
Apr 10th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Petra vs Minella at 6:00PM on Center Court

btw, her post match quote in Polish

last part:haha:

She thinks she's that good that she doesn't bother about who she's gonna play next. :lol:
Or maybe she's accustomed that David Kotyza always e-mails her with the name of her next opponent and the know-how how to beat her. :angel:

*Jack*
Apr 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
She thinks she's that good that she doesn't bother about who she's gonna play next. :lol:
Or maybe she's accustomed that David Kotyza always e-mails her with the name of her next opponent and the know-how how to beat her. :angel:
I quess it helps her to focus on current match because she doesn't have to think about next opponent while it is too early for that. :)

ShiftyFella
Apr 11th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Majority of players doesn't look at the draw cos it's stupid and can be distracting, it's for us fans going nuts over possible scenarios and for bookies:lol:

btw, Petra in presser answered alot of question in Polish and told not to shy away from asking them in it, also she even answered to one in Polish herself, too bad we don't have a video or audio of this:rolleyes:

ShiftyFella
Apr 11th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Battle between Petra's: Kvitova vs Martic at 7:00PM

Petronius
Apr 11th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Battle between Petra's: Kvitova vs Martic at 7:00PM

She lost their previous encounter in Tokyo.

Revenge time. :armed:

ShiftyFella
Apr 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Poor Petra, her car was stolen in Poland but already returned:hug:

http://www.polskieradio.pl/43/265/Artykul/822443,WTA-Katowice-Kvitova-okradziona-w-Polsce-Zasadzka-policji-z-polowicznym-sukcesem-

ShiftyFella
Apr 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Petra vs Cadantu at 7:00PM

*Jack*
Apr 12th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Poor Petra, her car was stolen in Poland but already returned:hug:

http://www.polskieradio.pl/43/265/Artykul/822443,WTA-Katowice-Kvitova-okradziona-w-Polsce-Zasadzka-policji-z-polowicznym-sukcesem-
Just came to my mind that if she won in Stuttgart, it'd even worse. :D

ShiftyFella
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Just came to my mind that if she won in Stuttgart, it'd even worse. :D
All good, it was media screw up, it was Binerova's car that was stolen:lol: though TVP still has article with Petra's name in it:hysteric:

*Jack*
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:24 PM
All good, it was media screw up, it was Binerova's car that was stolen:lol: though TVP still has article with Petra's name in it:hysteric:
Yeah, I didn't quite understand the article about whose car was stolen. :lol: I though they stole cars from both of them. :rolleyes:

pling
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:49 PM

Petra didn't drive there ;)

Well, not good: Petra was sick at home, trained only a little, and still feeling pretty weak :(
http://sport.idnes.cz/tenis-kvitova-rozhovor-0sq-/tenis.aspx?c=A130408_191441_tenis_rou

VIP chauffeur treatment for tournament royalty :lol:

pling
Apr 13th, 2013, 09:04 PM
According to Google, Petra's new tweet

Moc se tesim na finale! Zitra to bude bojs Robertou! Musim se pripravit na spostu copu :)

means: "I really look forward to the finale! Tomorrow it will Bojs Roberta! Should be prepared for plenty of braid :)"

braid :confused: :rolls:

anyone able to give better translation? :)

ShiftyFella
Apr 13th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Here;)
Always exciting to be in the final! Will be a tough match against Robi tomorrow, ready for lots of slice ;)

btw, Petra vs Roberta at 5:00PM

*Jack*
Apr 13th, 2013, 09:35 PM
According to Google, Petra's new tweet

means: "I really look forward to the finale! Tomorrow it will Bojs Roberta! Should be prepared for plenty of braid :)"

braid :confused: :rolls:

anyone able to give better translation? :)
Yeah, Petra wasn't using punctuation in that tweet. I actually joked about that on her facebook in comments. :lol:
What she was actually saying was: "I really look forward to the final! It'll be fight against Roberta tomorrow! I should prepare for plenty of backspins." :)

So to be more clear for you, there are two mistakes from Petra:
"bojs" should be written as two words "boj s" which means "fight with" or "fight against"
"cop" should be written as "čop" which means "backspin" or "slice" which Roberta like to use very much instead of normal backhands. ;)

pling
Apr 13th, 2013, 11:47 PM
I thought she might have been talking about Bob's slice.

Thanks very much guys :yeah:

bruce goose
Apr 14th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Like I posted in the other thread,how fitting that Petra can get a superb FC warm-up in tomorrow's final.Let's plant some major seeds of doubt in Palermo by kicking some ass,Petra!:cool:

Mynarco
Apr 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Disappointing result.

ShiftyFella
Apr 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Petra:lol:
I have to say well done you played well this week but I can't say good luck for next week

Petronius
Apr 14th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Very good week for Petra. Something was telling me that Petra couldn't beat Vinci two times in a row on clay so I'm kind of glad that she'll have even bigger motivation to get at least one win - and the more important one - next week :drive:

*Jack*
Apr 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Very good week for Petra. Something was telling me that Petra couldn't beat Vinci two times in a row on clay so I'm kind of glad that she'll have even bigger motivation to get at least one win - and the more important one - next week :drive:
I couldn't say this any better. ;) :bounce:

Ewend
Apr 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Yeah but this time it will be outdoor clay :unsure:. That's not a great combination for her. She'll have to play well, hopefuly she'll show her usual fed cup form :bounce:.

pov
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:47 AM

A good week? :eek: Maybe I keep my expectations too high. And the "more important win"? Well . .I guess like her you see Fed Cup as more important than her personal career. :shrug: To me it was an okay week but her play in that last set was yuck.

paulmara
Apr 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Yeah but this time it will be outdoor clay :unsure:.

Welcome, Ewend

*Jack*
Apr 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
A good week? :eek: Maybe I keep my expectations too high. And the "more important win"? Well . .I guess like her you see Fed Cup as more important than her personal career. :shrug: To me it was an okay week but her play in that last set was yuck.
You must remember that this is just a wta international tournament and that Petra played it only because she wanted to prepare for the Fed Cup weekend on clay. I'd much more satisfied if she won in Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome or Rolland Garros. ;) :hearts:

Petronius
Apr 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM

You haven't read the most recent Czech interview posted in the news section, which I understand. She was ill before the tournament (like thousands of other people in the country because of extremely long winter) and trained only one hour per day without moving, i.e. she was just hitting the ball from one spot. She's satisifed with the result. She took this MM event as a practice session for the FedCup semi and the upcoming bigger clay tournaments. :cool:

And yeah, smaller countries tend to value FedCup more than the US, Russia, etc.

Ewend
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Welcome, Ewend

Thank you ;)

Petronius
Apr 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah but this time it will be outdoor clay :unsure:. That's not a great combination for her. She'll have to play well, hopefuly she'll show her usual fed cup form :bounce:.

Welcome, Ewend. Est-ce que tu vraiment viens de la France?

pov
Apr 15th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Petra played it only because she wanted to prepare for the Fed Cup weekend on clay.

Okay. If she said that then fine.

pov
Apr 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
And yeah, smaller countries tend to value FedCup more than the US, Russia, etc.
Huh? Come now. You know what's up. :cool:

Ewend
Apr 15th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Welcome, Ewend. Est-ce que tu vraiment viens de la France?

Merci ;). Oui je viens vraiment de France (le "la" est en trop ici :p). Tu as eu besoin de google traduce ou tu parles français ? si c'est le dernier cas, je te félicite ! :yeah: je suis toujours admiratif des gens qui se lancent dans l'apprentissage d'une langue aussi difficile. :lol:

ShiftyFella
Apr 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Disco Petra continues her tour showing her moves at Frühlingsfest:banana:
http://www.gablenberger-klaus.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/2211-volksfest-p1490218.jpg

Petronius
Apr 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Merci ;). Oui je viens vraiment de France (le "la" est en trop ici :p). Tu as eu besoin de google traduce ou tu parles français ? si c'est le dernier cas, je te félicite ! :yeah: je suis toujours admiratif des gens qui se lancent dans l'apprentissage d'une langue aussi difficile. :lol:

Oui, je parle français relativement bien :angel:, mais je suis loin d'être parfait. :lol: J'aime la langue et j'ai beaucoup de la famille en France, parce que mon oncle a vécu là-bas depuis 1948 et il a six enfants et beaucoup des petits-enfants. :lol: Je suis aussie visité Paris quelques fois et mon père était un professeur de la langue tchéque à la Sorbonne plusiers années. :cool:
Malheuresement, il n'y a pas beacoup d'opportunités pour pratiquer la langue dans mon pays - le français et numéro quatre après l'anglais, l'allemand et la russe. :p

Merci pour corriger le 'la'! :D

Ewend
Apr 15th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Disco Petra continues her tour showing her moves at Frühlingsfest:banana:
http://www.gablenberger-klaus.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/2211-volksfest-p1490218.jpg

Shouldn't she be in Palermo already ?

Ewend
Apr 15th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Oui, je parle français relativement bien :angel:, mais je suis loin d'être parfait. :lol: J'aime la langue et j'ai beaucoup de la famille en France, parce que mon oncle a vécu là-bas depuis 1948 et il a six enfants et beaucoup des petits-enfants. :lol: Je suis aussie visité Paris quelques fois et mon père était un professeur de la langue tchéque à la Sorbonne plusiers années. :cool:
Malheuresement, il n'y a pas beacoup d'opportunités pour pratiquer la langue dans mon pays - le français et numéro quatre après l'anglais, l'allemand et la russe. :p

Merci pour corriger le 'la'! :D

Wow ! tu es trilingue alors :worship: (trilingue= capacité à parler 3 langues ;)). Même plus que ça, puisqu'en parlant Tchèque tu dois aussi surement comprendre le Slovaque et le Polonais :bounce:. Quand on parle Français, on ne comprend instinctivement aucune autre langue :sad:. Peut être un peu l'Italien à l'écrit, mais pas à l'oral :unsure:

ShiftyFella
Apr 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Shouldn't she be in Palermo already ?
For FedCup we have another thread, this is for her boogie adventures;)
6lbvSBNLLoo

Petronius
Apr 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Quand on parle Français, on ne comprend instinctivement aucune autre langue :sad:. Peut être un peu l'Italien à l'écrit, mais pas à l'oral :unsure:

C'est interéssant que tu dis ça, parce que un de mes cousins français m'a dit que la langue italienne est relativement facile pour les Français et que beaucoup de mots sont très semblables, par exemple hier/hieri, demain/dimani, bon jour/buongiorno, etc. :cool:

paulmara
Apr 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Kvitova vs Beck
Goerges vs Flipkens
Vesnina vs Q
Li BYE

pling
Apr 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
In the short term Petra can't lose points here, as she got 200 in Poland. She can only gain by reaching the final.

So bombing out early and regrouping for Madrid might not be a bad thing :shrug: she has a pretty packed schedule otherwise.

ShiftyFella
Apr 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM
In the short term Petra can't lose points here, as she got 200 in Poland. She can only gain by reaching the final.

So bombing out early and regrouping for Madrid might not be a bad thing :shrug: she has a pretty packed schedule otherwise.
It's all depends on how bad rain delay will be cos FC team has to be available until Tuesday, so Petra could be forced to w\d from Stuttgart

*Jack*
Apr 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM

I think so, she should heal her shoulder for Madrid and Rome. :rolleyes: I don't want it to get worse than it is. :(

*Jack*
Apr 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
It's all depends on how bad rain delay will be cos FC team has to be available until Tuesday, so Petra could be forced to w\d from Stuttgart
I don't think so they should be there until Tuesday, I've only heard about possible Monday but who knows, maybe today only one match is gonna be played and it can be all over (although I don't wanna be pesimistic, but this is a possible scenario). :rolleyes: ;)

ShiftyFella
Apr 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
I think so, she should heal her shoulder for Madrid and Rome. :rolleyes: I don't want it to get worse than it is. :(
If trend continues, her shoulder will be good only for few matches in Madrid and in Rome she will be with tape again:o

hypersonic
Apr 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
If trend continues, her shoulder will be good only for few matches in Madrid and in Rome she will be with tape again:o

Unless she bombs out early on one (ex. Rome) and gets deep on the other (ex. Madrid), the shoulder issue is going to be a nuisance throughout the clay season if it persists. One positive thing is the one-week rest before the French Open. She is likely to go deep in Madrid, given the surface and the elements. I really wonder why she has been having those issues, considering that she didn't go deep in IW and Miami and she could rest for Katowice. Her matches in Katowice weren't that gruesome either. A matter of conditioning?

bruce goose
Apr 21st, 2013, 04:27 PM
Unless she bombs out early on one (ex. Rome) and gets deep on the other (ex. Madrid), the shoulder issue is going to be a nuisance throughout the clay season if it persists. One positive thing is the one-week rest before the French Open. She is likely to go deep in Madrid, given the surface and the elements. I really wonder why she has been having those issues, considering that she didn't go deep in IW and Miami and she could rest for Katowice. Her matches in Katowice weren't that gruesome either. A matter of conditioning?If Petra refuses to train adequately,then that's no one's fault but hers;however,if she's been given a program that doesn't properly prepare her,then our Paul will be compelled to translate the fitness trainer's wrestling nickname into the Czech language.In case you've forgotten: The Masked Bedwetter

pling
Apr 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM
wonder if petra will stay with team or head to stuttgart?

ShiftyFella
Apr 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
wonder if petra will stay with team or head to stuttgart?
She can't leave, it's FC rules and she plays on Thursday or Wednesday anyway

bruce goose
Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Am inclined to think that Petra will be fine with a full day's recovery,even with a Wednesday afternoon match,if she catches a Monday flight from Palermo

pov
Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova 22h

So proud of myself for fighting back today! Love playing for my country. Now come on Lucie! @FedCup pic.twitter.com/2QlrubtHmR
:yeah: Maybe I've just missed them but this is the first I've seen PK publicly give herself praise. That's a positive thing IMO.

*Jack*
Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
:yeah: Maybe I've just missed them but this is the first I've seen PK publicly give herself praise. That's a positive thing IMO.
She's got the right to praise her self a little for this. :worship: We all have been impressed so, why not. :)

bruce goose
Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:10 AM
Stuttgart has been fairly flexible with their scheduling for Petra and the other FC gals

pling
Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
CENTER COURT

Starting at: 12:00 noon
Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO (ESP) vs Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN)

followed by
Mona BARTHEL (GER) vs Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE)

followed by
Petra KVITOVA (CZE) vs [WC] Annika BECK (GER)

:bounce:

Petronius
Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Annika BECK :hug:

paulmara
Apr 24th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I tried to sign every single autograph for you today! Thanks for coming:)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIkCIJtCUAApXuG.jpg:large

ShiftyFella
Apr 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Gools won and will face Petra tomorrow:drool: now i'm happy that Petra didn't 'tank' today:lol:

Hartson
Apr 24th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Julia is easier than Flipper. At least she won't torture Petra using slices

ShiftyFella
Apr 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Tomorrows Schedule

12:00
Mirjana vs NaNa
1:30PM
Kerber vs Pavs
Petra vs Gools
6:00PM
Sharapova vs Lucie
7:30PM
JJ vs Sabs
BMS vs Errani

ShiftyFella
Apr 25th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Petra vs NaNa at 7:30PM

pling
Apr 25th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Petra vs NaNa at 7:30PM

hooray i can watch it :cheer:

(well, watch petra go out :sobbing:)

bruce goose
Apr 26th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Saw post-match interviews from both,and Li didn't necessarily look scared,per se,but you could tell from her tone of voice that she expected a very difficult test based on her previous matches with Petra

Petronius
Apr 26th, 2013, 09:26 PM
QF is a respectable result despite terrible play. Hope she peaks for Madrid and RG. :cheer:

Petronius
Apr 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Spot-on comment from tenisportal.cz

Nervy
Když už neměla za stavu 2:5 nic ztratit, tak byla jak válec, potom si MÁ potvrdit servis a sesype se...

Nerves
When she was 2-5 down and had nothing to lose, she was steamrolling. And just when she was expected to hold her serve, she collapsed...

Hopefully better days are ahead. :D

hypersonic
Apr 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM
QF is a good result - she has defended some of her points. To be honest, she deserves some rest now, having fought that titanic battle against Errani. I mean, it's not a coincidence that Errani and Vinci lost in the early rounds. I haven't seen the match but I think the fresher player won (Li Na hasn't played for a while so she needs this victory more than Petra). As long as Petra can go deep in the next two large tournaments (hopefully she'll win a title in Madrid where she can get a lot of points), she'll have a lot of rhythm coming to the FO. I hope she works on her serve and footwork en route to the clay slam.

ShiftyFella
Apr 26th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Spot-on comment from tenisportal.cz

Nervy
Když už neměla za stavu 2:5 nic ztratit, tak byla jak válec, potom si MÁ potvrdit servis a sesype se...

Nerves
When she was 2-5 down and had nothing to lose, she was steamrolling. And just when she was expected to hold her serve, she collapsed...

Hopefully better days are ahead. :D
Nope, poster knows nothing about art of tanking;)

bruce goose
Apr 27th, 2013, 05:27 AM
In most sports that have rankings,you won't find many cases where a Top 10 player or team is considered as 'underachieving' but,in Petra's case,lots of folks would agree with that label.It's a reflection of how much talent and potential she really has

bruce goose
Apr 28th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Either way is fine with me,but are we sticking here for Madrid,Rome,RG or are we starting up something new?Will be interested to see how Petra does now that Madrid won't be a blue freak show anymore,apparently

ShiftyFella
Apr 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Petra's Disco travels to Madrid to show us all how Art of Tennis is really looks like:cheer:

http://pinkchocolatebreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/shoe-street-art-madrid1.jpg

bruce goose
Apr 30th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know when Petra plans on arriving?From what I've read,MD play starts on Saturday so she won't have quite as much freetime as she would before other Premiers

bruce goose
May 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
A couple posters accused Petra of lacking intensity vs a friend last year at Madrid.While we can only guess as to what her mindset was then,I'd like to see if Petra can approach her 2011 Madrid form now that the old surface--or at least close to it--has been restored

ShiftyFella
May 2nd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Petra and Dani will be presenting (http://www.madrid-open.com/en/noticias-tenis/ceremonias-de-sorteo-de-los-cuadros-finales/) Women's Madrid Main Draw during draw ceremony tomorrow at 14:00

*Jack*
May 2nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Petra and Dani will be presenting (http://www.madrid-open.com/en/noticias-tenis/ceremonias-de-sorteo-de-los-cuadros-finales/) Women's Madrid Main Draw during draw ceremony tomorrow at 14:00
Wow, do you think it is gonna be televised on some channel or at least that it'll be possible to watch it from the record?

ShiftyFella
May 2nd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Wow, do you think it is gonna be televised on some channel or at least that it'll be possible to watch it from the record?
draw ceremony usually not televised outside of some slams, so don't expect much outside of live tweets\photos and maybe short video from tournament after, also expect shit coverage as usual, in Czech it will be Nova Sport and they do love ATP action:o

*Jack*
May 2nd, 2013, 11:35 PM
draw ceremony usually not televised outside of some slams, so don't expect much outside of live tweets\photos and maybe short video from tournament after, also expect shit coverage as usual, in Czech it will be Nova Sport and they do love ATP action:o

Shame,:rolleyes: but usually I don't count on Nova sport (which is not free channel), I rather watch streams on internet in English. I watch only fed cup in Czech TV. Only time I did was last year when the Czech TV provided coverage from the French Open because of Petra winning Wimby last year but I don't expect something like that this year. :)

bruce goose
May 3rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Dani was conquered by Petra as the Lioness roared to victory in Dubai;no hard feelings at the draw ceremony,I hope:p

*Jack*
May 3rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Dani was conquered by Petra as the Lioness roared to victory in Dubai;no hard feelings at the draw ceremony,I hope:p
Everybody who was conquered that week has to put it as something unusual because if it wasn't like that they wouldn't have to even play the tournaments where Petra plays. :lol:

ShiftyFella
May 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/814/bqjur.jpg

upd
Serena v Li, Azarenka v Errani, Kerber v Radwanska and Kvitova v Sharapova supposed QF in Madrid

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJV0jqGCUAAmwzQ.jpg:large

Quite good draw for Petra to reach QF, also Lucie is out Petra can breath freely:lol:

paulmara
May 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
I don´t like it

ShiftyFella
May 3rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
I don´t like it
Outside of QF it's not that bad even potential SF vs JJ\Kuzzy and R3 is favors Petra even if it's Flavia

steni
May 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Petra's draw is a challenge, lets see if she wants to take it, however I havent seen any of this girls performing great during the clay season, except for Carla.

mac47
May 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
She ain't beating Pova, so stick a fork in her. QF and done.

bruce goose
May 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Everybody who was conquered that week has to put it as something unusual because if it wasn't like that they wouldn't have to even play the tournaments where Petra plays. :lol:Well,Petra faces her very rare doubles partner in the 1st Round...and then possibly her 'draw ceremony partner' in the 2nd.The 3rd round should provide the first really stiff test if Petra is playing well enough to reach that stage

paulmara
May 3rd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Been busy here in Madrid! Photo shoot yesterday, today I helped with the draw and spoke to the media, including this fun skype interview with ESPN, and of course lots of practice :)

I will play Wickmayer in the first round...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJW4kyTCcAAbLCX.jpg:large

mac47
May 4th, 2013, 01:53 AM
She is so pretty.

bruce goose
May 4th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Yeah,and Petra has the natural-looking prettiness of a gal who almost never invests loads of time in making herself up---unless it's some huge event where such is expected

*Jack*
May 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Yeah,and Petra has the natural-looking prettiness of a gal who almost never invests loads of time in making herself up---unless it's some huge event where such is expected
Another thing why I love her. :hearts:

bruce goose
May 4th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Merci ;). Oui je viens vraiment de France (le "la" est en trop ici :p). Tu as eu besoin de google traduce ou tu parles français ? si c'est le dernier cas, je te félicite ! :yeah: je suis toujours admiratif des gens qui se lancent dans l'apprentissage d'une langue aussi difficile. :lol:Pardon the interruption,Ewend:angel:;I took French for several years in high school...which was more than 15 years ago,but I can still decipher about 95% of what you've posted(the similarity to Spanish helps,of course).My grammar's not much good at all,but I can still recall the whole main stanza to La Marseillaise AND what the words mean...if I took a 2-week refresher crash course,then a LOT would come back to me.

Anyhow,as you're a Petra fan,we don't want you spending RG in jail,but maybe you know some folks who are a bit daring(?).Although it wouldn't sound the same in the French headlines(nor the Spanish),it would be great if someone took a magic marker or ANY picture-making device to scribble something on that huge MD board they put up at Slams and bigger Premiers.I'm quite sure that there would be a word-for-word translation into one of the English-language papers: Vandals DRAW on the Roland Garros DRAW:devil:

ShiftyFella
May 4th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Petra's interview on SetBall Radio (http://www.madrid-open.com/en/setball-radio/) yesterday:)

ShiftyFella
May 4th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Tomorrows schedule on Court 2(Arantxa Sanchez Vicario court)
Starting At 11:00 AM
Caroline Wozniacki vs Yaroslava Shvedova
Tsveti Pironkova vs Aga Radwanska
Petra Kvitova vs Yanina Wickmayer
Benneteau vs Simon
Tomic vs Stepanek

Petronius
May 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Wickmayer and Hantuchova? Not a bad "warmup" draw if you ask me. :lol:

pling
May 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Petra better kick wicky's ass. Don't want to hear no 'hard to play my sometime doubles partner' excuses :(

Especially as a delicious lean pigeon has been prepared for round two :drool:

bruce goose
May 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Petra better kick wicky's ass. Don't want to hear no 'hard to play my sometime doubles partner' excuses :(Am not saying that Petra is a frequent offender,but the WTA sub-culture practically encourages excuse-making(a lot more than most other sports I've seen),so it's almost inevitable that Petra will make use of that once in a while

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I assume there is no live stream of Petra's match against Wicky?

ShiftyFella
May 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I assume there is no live stream of Petra's match against Wicky?
Yes it is, all matches from C1 and C2 are televised, also Ivanovic vs BMS and Vinci match from C3 will be televised

*Jack*
May 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Yes it is, all matches from C1 and C2 are televised, also Ivanovic vs BMS and Vinci match from C3 will be televised
Great! :cheer:

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the info!

Petronius
May 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info!

Too much tennis on TV simultaneously.:lol: Petra's match collides with the Ostrava challenger final featuring Petra's Prostejov teammate Jiri Vesely, the only ATP teenager in TOP150 and the future TOP10 player. :devil:

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Too much tennis on TV simultaneously.:lol: Petra's match collides with the Ostrava challenger final featuring Petra's Prostejov teammate Jiri Vesely, the only ATP teenager in TOP150 and the future TOP10 player. :devil:

I think you know which one to watch ;).

Pimp_Me_Pova
May 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
she's playin great for now :bowdown: nice to see her going great form start into match :bounce:

Petronius
May 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I think you know which one to watch ;).

Watching that challenger final for a while and I spotted Petra's former fitness coach Jozef Ivanko so there are lots of connections.

4-2 for Petra :yeah:

Petronius
May 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Petra plays like crap. Her coach is advising her to serve to Wickmayer's backhand and then kill the point with a FH. Can't wait if Petra delivers :lol:

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
4-5 for Petra, having one of those lapses.

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM
And Petra didn't deliver anything after that 4-2 lead, except UE's and DF's.

Petronius
May 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
She loses the 1st set and hits an error after error. I'm off guys. :wavey:

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 02:23 PM
she's playin great for now :bowdown: nice to see her going great form start into match :bounce:

I thought so too but look what happened in a span of 20 minutes.

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Still in a coma.

Hartson
May 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Why is she playing today ?? :confused:

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Why is she playing today ?? :confused:

...like that? No clue.

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Both of them missing a lot to get the UE record of the year.

Pimp_Me_Pova
May 5th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I thought so too but look what happened in a span of 20 minutes.

yeah i left at 4:2 lead, came back she lost set :facepalm: but she is fighting now, but why go to 3 sets if she could finish this in 2 :hysteric:

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 03:03 PM
yeah i left at 4:2 lead, came back she lost set :facepalm: but she is fighting now, but why go to 3 sets if she could finish this in 2 :hysteric:

IKR.

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Wow, great defense from Petra.

Hartson
May 5th, 2013, 03:08 PM
wow.. Took the second set

hypersonic
May 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Last two good points to clinch the 2nd set.