Maria Sharapova def. Sabine Lisicki 6-2 7-5
Sabine Lisicki def. Mallory Burdette 6-1 6-2
Petra Kvitova def. Sabine Lisicki 6-4 0-6 7-5
Sabine Lisicki def. Sofia Arvidsson 6-3 6-4
Sabine Lisicki def. Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor 6-4 6-0
Sara Errani def. Sabine Lisicki 6-0 6-4

KatjaS
Mar 20th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Let's forget Indian Wells & Miami exist.

sghskhgkj
Mar 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Charleston can't come soon enough. And y'know, green clay. Can someone smack her over the head with a frying pan and tell her it's grass?

TimeyWimey
Mar 20th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Charleston can't come soon enough. And y'know, green clay. Can someone smack her over the head with a frying pan and tell her it's grass?

i will be there do the job :lol:

Sabinator.
Mar 20th, 2013, 08:46 PM

Don't forget she has a 2nd best highlight of her career on green clay and let's just keep this manner :)

Ziva
Mar 20th, 2013, 09:14 PM

Hypnosis may also work :lol:

Geekking
Mar 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
Hello new dramas, new illnesses, 1st round loses... :unsure:

*The bomb has been planted!*

Ziva
Mar 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Hello new dramas, new illnesses, 1st round loses... :unsure:

*The bomb has been planted!*

Sad, but thats what will happen again by 90% chance :sad:

KatjaS
Mar 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
Sabine has gotten a WC for Stuttgart.

SabineTard
Mar 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
I've heard from some British channel streaming last year at Wimbley that Sabine was allergic to grass and she's still GOAT on that surface :) Sounds weird but Kvitova won Dubai which was green hard court so why not :D Two lost finals are pretty much. Kind a tough schedule of Tournaments for her. At least Caroline and Kirilenko won't be in Katowice, I doubt if many other top 20's will be there too so hoping for a brighter future and let the third final of the year be the lucky one this year. GL Sabine :)

sghskhgkj
Mar 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
Yeah, she takes allergy meds for it. Being allergic to her best surface....only Sabine. As for Katowice, hopefully the absence of Wozniacki, Radwanskas etc means Sabs will get a lot of home support on her side, that can only help her.

Sabinator.
Mar 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Yeah, she takes allergy meds for it. Being allergic to her best surface....only Sabine. As for Katowice, hopefully the absence of Wozniacki, Radwanskas etc means Sabs will get a lot of home support on her side, that can only help her.

I hope too. From me, she has 100% support :hearts:

TimeyWimey
Mar 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
I've heard from some British channel streaming last year at Wimbley that Sabine was allergic to grass and she's still GOAT on that surface :) Sounds weird but Kvitova won Dubai which was green hard court so why not :D Two lost finals are pretty much. Kind a tough schedule of Tournaments for her. At least Caroline and Kirilenko won't be in Katowice, I doubt if many other top 20's will be there too so hoping for a brighter future and let the third final of the year be the lucky one this year. GL Sabine :)

yeh, saw a promo during RG last year in which she said she actually doesn't like grass :lol:

WimbleBine
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hoffe sie kann das in charlston besser machen....miami war schon mega enttäuschend war mir sicher sie haut da richtig einen raus...come on bine!!!

I hope they can do better in charlston .... Miami was already mega disappointing was certain skin because they really give out a cabin ... come on!

maartenround
Mar 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM
RD1: Lisicki vs. Tatishvili
RD2: Lisicki vs. Rus/Medina
RD3: Williams

Sabinator.
Mar 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM
So it's like the last year - 2 easy round and a meeting with Serena. I hope without the end from last year.

KatjaS
Mar 30th, 2013, 07:29 PM
R1 & R2 are fine, R3 sucks. :(

Ziva
Mar 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM
RD1: Lisicki vs. Tatishvili
RD2: Lisicki vs. Rus/Medina
RD3: Williams

We will see,

A) is she able to play
B) Can she win those "easy" rounds or will it end like Miami
C) Will Serena play Charleston or pull out after she won Miami.

She can't blame the draw if she loses first or 2nd round again. It's all on her.

crazillo
Mar 30th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Draw is okay I guess.

Ziva
Mar 30th, 2013, 08:12 PM
2nd Round would be Mladenovic/Q, not Rus/Medina

maartenround
Mar 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Correction: RD: Mladenovic/Q

Tennis Fool
Mar 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I hope she's back to form here. Anna Tastishvili shouldn't be discounted. She's been a tricky opponent for Sabine in the past, and could pounce if Sabine's not on her game.

Mike81
Mar 31st, 2013, 07:00 AM
Please win a couple of rounds this time atleast. Surely she will fire up here in one of her favourite tournaments.

Schnffy
Apr 1st, 2013, 09:33 AM
@sabinelisicki
So for the first time I won a prize at the player´s party! A tiny camera that will find its place in my tennis bag :-) Thx @FamilyCircleCup

lucky sabine :lol: hope it's a good sign and she gets some luck tennis-wise too... :)

WimbleBine
Apr 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM
She must win Round 1 and Round 2!!

maartenround
Apr 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D

KatjaS
Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Bagels for breakfast. :bounce:

Burdette tomorrow, if she plays like today I'm really confident for that match as well.

maartenround
Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Not just because of today but for other reasons as well, Clay is Bine's best surface.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Easy peasy lemon sqeezey!

Sabinator.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
2nd match on clay this season and a double bagle, just... wow :eek:

Ziva
Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Sad i couldn't watch this bagel fest.

Lets hope she can win another match here, would be very important.

Bino
Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Two bagels and I couldn't watch it cause no Web at the moment. Please save someone the bagel file!

:)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

CillyUltra
Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
First WTA double bagel from Sabine. :worship: These two matches should be a perfect warm up to compete on par with Serena.

mk27
Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
2nd round against Burdette

maartenround
Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
I'm feeling another 6-0, 6-0 now;)

Sabinator.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Let's not underestimate Mallory Burdette. She's quite good player, especially on her USA ground, she beat Mladenovic and she's just better player than Tatishvili these days.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
I'm feeling another 6-0, 6-0 now;)

She should just send out Happy & rest up for R3!! :lol:

Sabinator.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWNO5REriYQ

For those who haven't watched the beatdown :)

Schnffy
Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:39 PM
@sabinelisicki
Happy with my start on the green clay! Onto the next one :-) Thanks for coming out so early to support! I love you guys!!

Dorien.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Yeahhhhh :cheer: I love the scoreline :hearts:

KatjaS
Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Tomorrow 2nd after 10:00 on Althea (show court).

Tennis Fool
Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
Sabine is not playing around :lol: Third bagel she's fed to Anna in two meetings! :eek:

Mike81
Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Bine two :cheer: :cheer: for two bagels!

Well surely noone can complain about that performance. There's something about the green clay that really lifts Bine.

maartenround
Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:30 PM
All in favour of a Lisicki/Robson final say I... I.

maturedgirl
Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:24 AM
That was everything but a match, hope for a longer 1 tomorrow!:cool:

Mike81
Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
It wasn't on at a good time for me so I didn't watch it. I will watch it on youtube, that will be nice watching a stress free easy Bine win :)

JohnMcP
Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:16 AM
Glad to see Sabine will get some confidence but I hope she won't get overconfident. Anna was clearly struggling trying to play her first clay court match of the year while recovering from an ankle injury. Sabs knows how difficult this can be from last year. Anyway, tomorrow will be a better test -- Burdette is moving up in the rankings and playing with more confidence.

Schnffy
Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3130574/title/lisicki-cruises-serena-wins-too
"Especially since we don't have that much time switching from hard to clay, it's always great when you play so well in the first round," said Lisicki, who won the Family Circle Cup in 2009. "I've played well at this event before and I enjoy being here. I always play better once I step on that center court."

:D

WimbleBine
Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
what a super hot victory yesterday by Bine .... hope that is today so horny

crazillo
Apr 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Lost 63 67 57 to Burdette. It was a pretty good match for the most part, and I liked the fight Sabine was showing, but she is much more experienced at this level than Burdette and should be able to close it out when she is up a break in the second AND third set, as well as after Burdette choking away so many MPs.

mk27
Apr 3rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
It's pretty obvious that she will be out of the top 50 after Wimbledon.

KatjaS
Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
She should have closed it out, but Burdette was also playing very well (as long as she didn't have match point). In my opinion things don't look quite as terrible.

Patrick345
Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
She should have closed it out, but Burdette was also playing very well (as long as she didn't have match point). In my opinion things don't look quite as terrible.

Agreed. She just has no muscle memory game. If you watch Petkovic right now, she knows exactly what ball she´ll hit next. It´s always the same motion, the same swing, the same power. Sure she is not the most naturally gifted player, but she has trained herself to be automatic, when on the attack. With Lisicki it is always an adventure. Hopefully a few months with Sanchez will fix this problem. The court is always the same length. The net is always the same height.

Dorien.
Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
I missed the match. Most of all just sad she couldn't win a close match. You would except her to beat a player like Burdette. But tennis isn't that easy ;)

Madoka
Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:22 PM
i dont understand, why does she keep loosing ? now also against burdette ??? :/

Bodensee
Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
I saw only the end of set 3. I mean she played very anxiously.

Bino
Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:07 PM

The longer the match the more she was losing her conficence. You could read it on her first serve that had not any effect in close situations.

Halep was the first match after illness break so this loss vs Burdette for me is the first real disappointment in this year.

We all were looking forward to the match against Williams but in this form it's maybe better not to face her.

I hope she gets the positive aspects of this tournament as well.

Bino
Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:16 PM
She was too anxios to make some unforced errors so she was not able to find a midway between defense and aggressiveness. All in all i find she was playing too guardedly. In this mode she can hardly win matches.

maartenround
Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:15 PM
"Charleston brings something out of me" What Bine, UE's?

Mike81
Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
How can she lose that match after doing so well yesterday? :facepalm:

cosmoose
Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM
She must be crushed.
With her current form, do you think she'll be chosen for Fed Cup later this month?

crazillo
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:29 AM
She's already been guaranteed a spot.

Tennis Fool
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Sabine--one step forward, one step back.

maturedgirl
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:58 AM
'Sorry, haven't yet found the balance between tension and relaxation, working on! Or to say it wozniakish; the good in tennis, there's always a next tournament ;) '

Next entry punishment camp Katowice :devil:

...and hey guys: keep on smiling :D

JohnMcP
Apr 4th, 2013, 02:34 AM
How can she lose that match after doing so well yesterday? :facepalm:

Anna Tatishvili played the match yesterday in an ankle brace which, I know from experience, can greatly hinder your movement on a hard court -- I can only imagine what it does to your movement on clay, especially when it is your first clay court match of the season. Sabine, to her credit, saw the opportunity and didn't cave under the pressure of playing an injured opponent, but I think she got too confident after the double bagel. She played well in the first set today, especially winning the five games in a row by playing aggressively. In the second and third sets, however, she played very defensively, appearing to try to run the clock out, and was constantly on the defensive which gave Burdette the opportunity to take control of the match. I agree with those who have already said today that Sabine needs to find the balance between going for winners all the time and playing defensively.

Geekking
Apr 4th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Wasn't a surprise for me. Her mental strength is so poor and her mind is out of her tennis at the moment. She will be ranked 46-48 after this week. I'm expecting the same poor results for Katowice.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 4th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Sabine--one step forward, one step back.

And then into the net! :lol:

chaton
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:02 AM
She definetly needs a mental coach. It's all in her mind. And the second match in this year she simply gave away. Wozniacki: Losing after 3-0 lead in the third. And in this match she was up with a break twice. That shouldn't happen, especially not against an inexperienced qualifier...

Ziva
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Wasn't a surprise for me. Her mental strength is so poor and her mind is out of her tennis at the moment. She will be ranked 46-48 after this week. I'm expecting the same poor results for Katowice.

Same here, don't expect anything in the clay season anymore.
She is just too fragile mentally and it gets worse and worse.
Also her core game isn't as good as it has been, her servicegames are :help:most of the time.

Lots of work ahead just to not fall out of the top 80 very soon. :(

Michael!
Apr 4th, 2013, 10:16 AM
bad sign that she can´t even win such matches at a place like Charleston, a place where she won a big title, has experience, good memories and yet she fails in big moments against Burdette who turned pro last August.
wasting 64 *43, ok, that can happen...wasting *20 lead in 3rd set again, shouldn´t happen for sure, getting broken right back after saving 4 MPs at 45* is quite pathetic!

and sure, she fights, Sabine always fights but often fails when it is most important, fights back against Kirilenko just to fail when serving for the match, same against Kerber, leading 30 against Wozniacki..over and over the same and as Ziva said it just doesn´t get better at all, Sabine turns 24, she is not 17 anymore and this year she almost was able to play a regular schedule so we can´t say that it was tough for her as she didn´t have many matches or sth.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
There's nothing better than to see Sabs win. And go deep into tournaments. And to win a few trophies along the way. Her smile & cuteness at Wimbledon drew me to supporting her - plus, of course, her play. But she has regressed, not progressed. Yes, injuries/illness have been there. But so have inconsistencies, loss of concentration, erratic play & I'm afraid on an increasing number of occasions a lack of strength mentally.

As said above, she's 24 this year not 17. Xperia Hotshots was 2yrs ago or thereabouts.

There's plenty work to do, as Sanchez is finding out.

rucolo
Apr 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Sabine :facepalm:

Very disappointing loss to Burdette. Another loss with 5-7 in 3rd set, like Miami. Sabine lacks mental strength. And she has no consistency at all. I`m slowly giving up hope Sabine will ever be consistent. She simply is not improving.

I know :help:

Wasn't a surprise for me. Her mental strength is so poor and her mind is out of her tennis at the moment.

She definetly needs a mental coach. It's all in her mind.

She is just too fragile mentally and it gets worse and worse.

Agree. Sabine is too weak mentally. That`s her biggest problem :sad:

crazillo
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I still think this is better than 2012 but not as good as 2011 and 2009. And unfortunately Sabine has never really been able to string together a consistent season. That would be a big goal for her to achieve.

chaton
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I still think this is better than 2012 but not as good as 2011 and 2009. And unfortunately Sabine has never really been able to string together a consistent season. That would be a big goal for her to achieve.

I totally agree. There are two versions of Sabine: the confident Sabine, having fun playing on the court with impressive wins and good result. And the opposite, the Sabine just afraid to lose and making stupid errors in important situations. The first version wins 8-6 in the third against the french open champion, the second loses to a qualifier 7-5 in the third.

The difference between 2012 and 2013 is the fighting spirit. In 2012 she lost 6-1 in the third and gave up, before the match was over.

JohnMcP
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:27 PM
In both 2009 and 2011 she had nothing to lose because no one expected her to win. In 2011 she constantly stated that she didn't care about the results but was focusing on the process -- hitting her shots and getting better with each match. Yesterday she showed clearly she was worried about the results. After winning the first set, she played like the match was hers to protect and played very defensively. She needs to remind herself there is no way to "run the clock out" in tennis and just focus on making her shots the same way she did in the first set.

On the bright side, it wasn't until about this time of year in 2011 when she started to get her season rolling so she just needs to put herself in the same mindset as that season. I don't think she needs to worry about "protecting" ranking points because that places her in a defensive mode. If she plays like she is capable, the ranking will take care of itself.

Sabinator.
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Reading our comments, I'm getting more and more pesimistic about her start in Poland, but I can't be. Sabine needs just to regroup and give myself another challenge, she didn't played THAT bad vs Burdette, it was just a bad day I think, before 63 33 she has the match under control, after the very long game and break for 4-3 she definitely got tired, lost concentration and confidence, in tb she fought hard even when she was still on back foot. In 3rd it was only defensive Bine, so she just tried to win with her experience, nothing more. She played that becuase of losing that momentum in 2nd set, she just never found that form again. She saved 4 mp, that's impressive, even against low ranked player and with that style of play, so that's not the lack of motivation for sure. And I give credit to Burdette, she played inspired tennis in 3rd and got a reward. For me, it's not the tragedy, she would probably get the same amount of games vs Serena like Giorgi got.

Let's look for the bright side - she will give myself more time to adjust to new timezone and completely different climate. It's the winter in full in Poland right now - around 2-4 degrees Celsius and snow, so the time for getting used to conditions and fighting with jet-lag is a huge benefit for her.

I will se my favourite player live, no matter how many games she will win or lose, she will be doubled bageled, lost another 3-setter or win easily - I will support her no matter what. If you will watch her on stream, I'm preparing a transparent with caption: Go Sabina! and 2 hearts - Polish and German :) I hope, during the match, a TV camera will catch my banner, so stay tuned watching her matches from Tuesday to Thurdsay, cause I will be in Katowice just on these days :cheer:

maturedgirl
Apr 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Two statistic facts that built me up this morning:

the last 4 double bagel winner on WTA tour lost in the following rd
--> if only one told her before !!!

this season there's a system recognizable (for all who think she's unpredictable):

2 bad (OZ)
2 good (Pat/Mem)
2 bad (Mia/SC)

... and that means ;) ??? Now two good again :D

And Ziva: Watch the match stats or the match catch up and read some international tennis expert's reports, and don't say, this wasn't a perfect match ag. T'vili ;) and it wasn't even a completely bad match ag. Burdette ... but I guess you don't listen to international reports ?!

Ich komme hier uebrigens immer mal vorbei, um nach dem Rechten zu schaun, ob dir das gefaellt oder nicht, nur nicht so regelmaessig wie du, weil ich noch ein eigenes Leben habe und gerade viel unterwegs bin :lol:

Es wuerde mir auch zu denken geben wenn Soraya die Drag Queen einen meiner Posts begruessen wuerde :lol:

Well, let's head for Poland and actually the sky ova SC cries after sunshine girl left the place :angel:

maurysicki
Apr 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mah...
This is a film that we have seen and seen again, I do not know how many times. Some good match, then an injury or illness and then again out in the first round against the number 300 ranking ... This is Sabine by now we know and we have to accept it. I accept it because my passion for she will not fall never. :)

Schnffy
Apr 4th, 2013, 07:17 PM
@sabinelisicki
Sad to be leaving Charleston soon. I always enjoy to be here! Thx for all the support! @FamilyCircleCup

My next tournament will be in Katowice next week.

Ziva
Apr 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
And Ziva: Watch the match stats or the match catch up and read some international tennis expert's reports, and don't say, this wasn't a perfect match ag. T'vili ;) and it wasn't even a completely bad match ag. Burdette ... but I guess you don't listen to international reports ?!

Ich komme hier uebrigens immer mal vorbei, um nach dem Rechten zu schaun, ob dir das gefaellt oder nicht, nur nicht so regelmaessig wie du, weil ich noch ein eigenes Leben habe und gerade viel unterwegs bin :lol:

Es wuerde mir auch zu denken geben wenn Soraya die Drag Queen einen meiner Posts begruessen wuerde :lol:

Well, let's head for Poland and actually the sky ova SC cries after sunshine girl left the place :angel:

Du solltest wirklich mal richtig lesen was ich schreibe und nicht immer gleich an die Decke gehen.
Ich habe nicht geschrieben das R1 Match war schlecht oder derartiges, lediglich das man dort schon sehen konnte das sie bei eigenem Aufschlag weiterhin zuviele Probleme hat und das das Ergebnis täuscht.
Gegen eine desolat spielende Gegnerin gewinnt man auch so überragend, Burdette hat dann eben auch was davon genutzt was Sabine anbietet an Schwächen beim Aufschlag.

Das sagte ich bereits auch schon vor dem Burdette Match und es bestätigte sich genau so.
Wo ist also das Problem an meiner Aussage, ich habe doch nicht mal was kritisiert, lediglich gesagt wie ich die Sache sehe.;)
Damit stehe ich wie du sehen kannst auch nicht alleine da.

Du kannst hier gerne so oft vorbei schauen wie du willst, nur mittlerweile ist es ja nur noch ein an den Leuten rum meckern die nicht deine Meinung teilen, der eine darf die alten adidas Sachen nicht schön finden der andere nicht sagen wie er ein Match einschätzt :help:
Das muss doch nicht sein, oder !?
Genau wie die Beleidigung gegen Saraya, muss das sein, du bist doch keine 14 mehr.

Und ja wir haben es verstanden alle die hier unterwegs sind haben ein schlechtes Privatleben, die Logik in der Aussage erschließt sich wohl keinem.:lol:
Ich kann dir versichern bei mir ist alles spitze was das angeht :)

Man kann auch nett und freundlich diskutieren, auch wenn man es anders sieht, so lüft das hier ja eigentlich auch mit allen anderen;)

Bis dann

Ziva
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:04 PM

Yep, pretty much what we saw 2010 before the injury, once she has to deliver, she just can't.

Also her serve is getting worse, i don't know why, but her serve once was fast and accurate, now it lacks accuracy a lot.
Bolletieri tried to sort that out before last grass season, it worked better a few weeks and was gone after her injury.

If she can somehow get her game working while serving, she can beat a lot of players, so that should be the main goal, so far it's getting worse instead of better :(

Schnffy
Apr 5th, 2013, 10:33 AM
@sabinelisicki
Afterr waiting 5hours at the airport I'm not going to leave Charleston. Flight got cancelled... #howannoying #nexttrytomorrow

:rolleyes:

JohnMcP
Apr 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yep, pretty much what we saw 2010 before the injury, once she has to deliver, she just can't.

Also her serve is getting worse, i don't know why, but her serve once was fast and accurate, now it lacks accuracy a lot.
Bolletieri tried to sort that out before last grass season, it worked better a few weeks and was gone after her injury.

If she can somehow get her game working while serving, she can beat a lot of players, so that should be the main goal, so far it's getting worse instead of better :(

She definitely needs to work on her second serve. Against Burdette she had only two speeds -- essentially another first serve which was an ace if she got it in, and a lollipopper which she actually missed some of the time and might as well have missed all of the time because they were all easily smashed.

A big contrast with Giorgi who takes very little off her second serve. Against Serena she had tons of double faults but was able to put enough pressure on her to have a competitive second set. Sabine just needs to develop a serve that she can count on to get in and puts at least some pressure on the opponent. She has used slice and even a little kick in the past, but, as you say, has never been consistent over a long period of time.

Schnffy
Apr 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
@sabinelisicki
Why are all flights fully booked when you desperately need to go to Europe!? ✈

bine can't get to katowice :o #shittyairport

Sabinator.
Apr 5th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Oh, FFS :facepalm: I really want Sabine to be in Poland already...

Schnffy
Apr 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM
@sabinelisicki
Roadtrip... On the way to Florida to get out of the States tomorrow...hopefully. #longjourney #waytocomplicated

:mad:

Schnffy
Apr 6th, 2013, 06:04 AM
@sabinelisicki
After long drive now a little gym session before heading to bed!! I will sleep well tonight I think. Haha

meanwhile petko arrived in frankfurt...:scratch:

KatjaS
Apr 6th, 2013, 07:17 AM
She should hurry to get to Katowice..it's saturday already.

Sabinator.
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
@sabinelisicki
After long drive now a little gym session before heading to bed!! I will sleep well tonight I think. Haha

So... is she still in Florida or arrived already in Poland? :scratch:

Schnffy
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:11 AM
there are 4 hours between her last two tweets... she went to florida to stay overnight and to get out of the states today

Sabinator.
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Oh Jesus :o

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Does Florida have any direct flight links to Poland? Or is it Florida - Europe 'other' - Poland; or Florida - 'somewhere else in USA with a flight to Warsaw' - Katowice? :lol:

sghskhgkj
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
There are flights from the UK to Katowice, so I imagine she might be getting one of the tourist flights from FL and then a connecting flight.

...then again, she's been complaining about flights being booked up, so it could end up being a parachute drop followed by cross country skiing and a horse-drawn cart.

crazillo
Apr 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
You actually get defaulted when you don't make it to the tournament's site on time. I know this has happened to Svetlana Krivencheva once.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2013, 01:43 PM
There are flights from the UK to Katowice, so I imagine she might be getting one of the tourist flights from FL and then a connecting flight.

...then again, she's been complaining about flights being booked up, so it could end up being a parachute drop followed by cross country skiing and a horse-drawn cart.

Now we're talking!!! :lol:

mk27
Apr 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
$235,000 Katowice

(4)Goerges v Q
Pironkova v Q
Begu v Johansson
Q v (7)Lisicki

Sabinator.
Apr 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I hope organizers will give her match on Tuesday because of problems with getting to Poland :unsure:

sghskhgkj
Apr 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM
According to the tournament schedule the final round of qualifying is Monday morning, so there's no way she'll play on Monday, surely?

maartenround
Apr 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM
According to the tournament schedule the final round of qualifying is Monday morning, so there's no way she'll play on Monday, surely?
But the Final Rounds won't be enough to fill out a schedule, maybe some 1rounds to be played on Mond?

Sabinator.
Apr 6th, 2013, 04:35 PM
But the Final Rounds won't be enough to fill out a schedule, maybe some 1rounds to be played on Mond?

On Monday there will be Final Round of qualies and some 1st round MD matches.

maartenround
Apr 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Just realised she's playing a qualifier haha sorry :P

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM
American Airlines ‏@AmericanAir

@sabinelisicki Sabine, we're sorry to hear this. Please follow us and DM your locator if we can help in any way.

:lol:

Sabinator.
Apr 6th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Don't tell me she's still there... :facepalm:

WimbleBine
Apr 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM
American Airlines is to blame for everything! These idiots .... katowice must give her a match on wednesday!

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Relax, if she can't get there in time, she will get a later match, like they did at the USO 2011.

Still strange that she can't get from the US to some country in europe since 2 days, from two different airports. A real mess.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:06 PM
How dare American Airlines piss off such a lovely girl! :lol:

Tennis Fool
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Someone fill me in-- what's going on with her flight?

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:09 PM
She doesn't get one, thats the problem :lol:

Schnffy
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
:banghead:

Patrick345
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:42 PM
With her mental resolve we can probably expect a 1st round loss to somebody like Domachowska now.

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Domachowska is playing against Beck ;)

Michael!
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:56 PM
should reach QF at least...should :unsure:

JohnMcP
Apr 6th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Maybe all of these airline shananigans will take her mind off of what results she is expected to accomplish and relieve some of the pressure. :shrug: Hopefully she cn just land in Katowice and concentrate on making her shots.

CillyUltra
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM
No message yet. Means last try to get to Katowice will be today. But even if she makes it there until Monday morning and would be scheduled to play on Tuesday, she will be tired, jet-lagged and will have virtually no time for adjustment and effective practice. So I don't expect very much. :(

Ian Aberdon
Apr 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Domachowska is playing against Beck ;)

GO Annika :inlove:

KatjaS
Apr 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
According to the schedule (http://www.bnpparibaskatowiceopen.com/en/pages/33/the-bnp-paribas-katowice-open-schedule) they really are playing some R1 matches on wednesday, and Sabine is the only relevant player with a "polish connection" there, so she might have a chance of getting one of those matches.

Provided that she left yesterday afternoon (US time) she should arrive there sometime this afternoon, so that would still give her 3 days. Of course if she has to play monday it's over and even tuesday would be difficult.

CillyUltra
Apr 7th, 2013, 08:32 AM
According to the schedule (http://www.bnpparibaskatowiceopen.com/en/pages/33/the-bnp-paribas-katowice-open-schedule) they really are playing some R1 matches on wednesday, and Sabine is the only relevant player with a "polish connection" there, so she might have a chance of getting one of those matches.

Provided that she left yesterday afternoon (US time) she should arrive there sometime this afternoon, so that would still give her 3 days. Of course if she has to play monday it's over and even tuesday would be difficult.

Her last message was from 4:05pm ET. It's quite likely that she would have given an update before a departure to Europe as frustrated as she was.

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
This is sooo dissapointing. After the loss to Burdette (Wednesday) she had 4 days to arrive to Katowice. It's Sunday and she's still there :tears: I won't forgive myself if I won't see her... :sobbing:

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
this really sucks :no:

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
and mike bothers her with one of his foolish tweets... :weirdo:

@Mike9103_
@sabinelisicki honestly ur a nice girl but if u really find your fans fantastic, you could show it more with RT's and replies.

Poldo
Apr 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM

She won't play monday because there is the last round of qualifying. And Bine plays against a qualifier.

crazillo
Apr 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
and mike bothers her with one of his foolish tweets... :weirdo:

@Mike9103_
@sabinelisicki honestly ur a nice girl but if u really find your fans fantastic, you could show it more with RT's and replies.

He just never changes.

Ziva
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:10 PM
and got blocked :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Mike's quite entertaining...in a Mike sorta way!!

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
A clear message that Bine doesn't want me as her fan although I still like her. Quite the dilemma.

Honestly, I've never quite understood why when I first joined twitter Sabine responded to fans on regular basis and then she pretty much stopped doing it overnight. The common response is her followers grew and then it's too hard to reply? hmmm well.. I see other people with similar number of followers replying to fans. They know how to connect and really make the fans feel appreciated. Recently an actress told me 'love you' for a nice collage I made for her birthday and another sportswoman has given me nice replies and calling me 'Mike' in the replies. Sabine never gave a personalised reply like that. I honestly regret getting those replies in the first place because it gave me a false expectation of Sabine.

Ziva
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
just don't tweet her at all, like most people do.

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1502/dsc00006mkh.jpg

How do you like? :)

Ziva
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:49 PM
very nice

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:49 PM
just don't tweet her at all, like most people do.

I'm more concerned about what it implies about Sabine. She cannot handle people if they don't 100% accept everything she does :shrug:

Probably shouldn't have tweeted her that but it's still my honest opinion.

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:50 PM
very nice

If it could be useful for something :sad:

crazillo
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mike, a "love you" on twitter means nothing.

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Mike, a "love you" on twitter means nothing.

It's little point for me to reveal who I get replies from on twitter because you guys surely wouldn't know of them anyway but I've had some really nice replies on twitter, facebook and youtube. Alot more personalised than Sabine's replies because these people I have more in common with.

crazillo
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I think twitter suggest a kind of closeness that does not really exist. Players do care about fans because a packed stadium makes tennis matches a lot more exciting and I'm sure they enjoy it. But all of the other stuff (photos etc.) is just part of their daily routine, same as twitter. Too many people come and go to really make me believe they they truly "care". I think Mona Barthel is well-advised to just update her website and answer mails.

Lisickinator
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Oh how much I love you Germany!! So nice to be back even if its just for a couple of hours for layover! 😊🇩🇪
:)

Ziva
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I think twitter suggest a kind of closeness that does not really exist. Players do care about fans because a packed stadium makes tennis matches a lot more exciting and I'm sure they enjoy it. But all of the other stuff (photos etc.) is just part of their daily routine, same as twitter. Too many people come and go to really make me believe they they truly "care". I think Mona Barthel is well-advised to just update her website and answer mails.

THIS !!

They don't care or do remember most of that stuff at all.
Same with FB, most players don't even update it personally, they have other more important stuff todo.

Always have a big :lol: when i see the same people tagging some players over and over, because they thik they would even care or give them a RT.:help:

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Oh how much I love you Germany!! So nice to be back even if its just for a couple of hours for layover! ������

Thank you God, thank you! :woohoo: She's finally just few steps to Katowice :sobbing: :worship:

#Katowiceiamonmyway :cheer:

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM

Yes for most people they do not want a real closeness but take it from me there are exceptions who want to genuinely have good communication with their fans on facebook and twitter and it's not just a mere marketing tool to work on their 'brand'. Sabine originally seemed very friendly but now to me she's just like the rest of the tennis tweeters e.g. Wozniacki, the fan number is like a nice accessory. Truth. Jarka G is probably one of the few tennis tweeters that likes a bit of Q&A with the fans.

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
She's just like Wozniacki & co building a brand is the priority. The players would admit that's the main purpose of it and that's normal. I just don't really like how she lured me in so much with the replies since she clearly wasn't genuinely interested in continuing the Q&A with her fans. That's what she doesn't understand, she gathered alot of my attention because of that. Otherwise she would have just been a player I like to follow and I wouldn't have had any of this drama, because I liked her for tennis and her nice interviews initially and then started to make the collages and videos etc because I felt like a special fan due to her replies.

crazillo
Apr 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Yes for most people they do not want a real closeness but take it from me there are exceptions who want to genuinely have good communication with their fans on facebook and twitter and it's not just a mere marketing tool to work on their 'brand'. Sabine originally seemed very friendly but now to me she's just like the rest of the tennis tweeters e.g. Wozniacki, the fan number is like a nice accessory. Truth. Jarka G is probably one of the few tennis tweeters that likes a bit of Q&A with the fans.

Jarka herself knows hor dangerous twitter can be, I heard that she got accused a lot when she split from Sam Groth. She never really got back on track. Heather Watson has made similair statements and I often see tweets like "I bet $50 on you bitch, how could you dare to lose the match up from 4-2 up in the third set???". This would be enough reason for me to ignore twitter.

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM
99% of what I've tweeted to Sabine has been nice and supportive. The other 1% was only questioning her sometimes about the distance she keeps from fans nowadays. I guess she paid more attention to this 1%. I doubt that she'd blocked me simply over that tweet, so obviously she is bothered by me and I'm sad because I didn't mean to bother her but I guess I just can't help but say what's on my mind :facepalm:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
She's just like Wozniacki & co building a brand is the priority. The players would admit that's the main purpose of it and that's normal. I just don't really like how she lured me in so much with the replies since she clearly wasn't genuinely interested in continuing the Q&A with her fans. That's what she doesn't understand, she gathered alot of my attention because of that. Otherwise she would have just been a player I like to follow and I wouldn't have had any of this drama, because I liked her for tennis and her nice interviews initially and then started to make the collages and videos etc because I felt like a special fan due to her replies.

'Lured me in' ... like a spider would do with their web?

You keep telling us Mike she's not your No.1 anymore, you don't love her as much, you'll cool down your feelings for her.

Then you go & tweet a load of shit to her. :confused:

Lured you in - do me a favour. :facepalm:

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 05:09 PM
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1502/dsc00006mkh.jpg

How do you like? :)

that's great! :worship:

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM
@sabinelisicki 3h ago
Oh how much I love you Germany!! So nice to be back even if its just for a couple of hours for layover! #Katowiceiamonmyway

she is/was probably in frankfurt, from there it is just 1h20min flight time to Katowice

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
That tweet was posted around 11am today, there's the mistake with time for sure. I think she could be in Katowice.

maturedgirl
Apr 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
He just never changes.

....of course not! :facepalm:

But new accounts of him will appear like mushrooms in autumn.

Coool poster @sabinator :yeah:

If she'd no accident on the road she will be there! ;)

maurysicki
Apr 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM

:yeah:

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
That tweet was posted around 11am today, there's the mistake with time for sure. I think she could be in Katowice.

on my twitter timeline is shown 3 hours ago (time zone: GMT+1:00) :shrug:

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM
very nice

that's great! :worship:

Thank you :awww: I hope Sabine will see it too :)

on my twitter timeline is shown 3 hours ago (time zone: GMT+1:00) :shrug:

Yeah, you are right. I just don't thinking rationally, I thought it was posted earlier :lol:

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM
@sabinelisicki
I made it to Katowice!!! Finally. Will sleep long and good tonight. Heading straight to bed! Good night

;)

Schnffy
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
@BarbaraRittner
@sabinelisicki schlaf gut nach dem Trip!!!

rittner wished her: sleep well after this trip!!!

sabine's response:

@BarbaraRittner werde ich garantiert! Außer wenn der Jetlag mir einen Strich durch die Rechnung machen wird...

will do that definitely! Execept if the jetlag is thwarting me...

maturedgirl
Apr 7th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Thank you :awww: I hope Sabine will see it too :)

Make some cheering noises and she will! ;)

Sabinator.
Apr 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM
@sabinelisicki
I made it to Katowice!!! Finally. Will sleep long and good tonight. Heading straight to bed! Good night

My lady finally on the right place. Time for me on Tuesday :hearts:

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2013, 11:42 PM
'Lured me in' ... like a spider would do with their web?

You keep telling us Mike she's not your No.1 anymore, you don't love her as much, you'll cool down your feelings for her.

Then you go & tweet a load of shit to her. :confused:

Lured you in - do me a favour. :facepalm:

Ok cool down, I don't want to fight with you guys on here. Just realise you can't relate to my feelings on the situation because you didn't have contact with Bine like I did, you weren't made to feel special. I felt 'lured in', I stick by that. Mock me all you like but I really loved Bine more than I would ever normally a tennis player because of that contact.

I think my last tweet was pretty mild, just expressing an opinion that she could show more appreciation by RT/replies and I wasn't the only one to do that. I guess she just doesn't like any disapproval or people questioning her.

All things aside, I've been a big fan of her's for 3 years. Yes I said I don't love her so much now but she's still my tennis fave.. and now she singles me out for blocking. There's surely other people she could have blocked too, so I'm feeling pretty down about it.

I'm feeling hurt at the moment and had trouble sleeping last night, so please don't continue this argument. I know I seem foolish to you but I still have feelings and I'm trying to get my mind off Bine for a while. I'm still interested in how she'll go in her next matches but not looking at her tweets.

Bino
Apr 7th, 2013, 11:46 PM
My lady finally on the right place. Time for me on Tuesday :hearts:
I think with your support we musn't worry about Bine next week :yeah:

maartenround
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:37 AM
They might put her on Wed? To give the qualifiers a break? Meh I dunno

Lisickinator
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Cadanțu is her first round opponent.

Ziva
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:35 PM
couldn't be much easier :tape:

KatjaS
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Cadantu won her QR3 6-0 6-0. Against Olaru though.

Ziva
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:55 PM
what did Sabines 6-0 6-0 tell us ?

exactly, it's useless in the next round

Sabinator.
Apr 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I hope it won't be a mess, please :rolleyes:

Michael!
Apr 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM
losing to Cadantu would be funny ,indeed, she would have to play awful to make that possible :spit:
well, I hope Sabinator will see a decent performance of Sabine at least...:angel:

Michael!
Apr 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Sabine will play her first match on Wednesday ;)

maartenround
Apr 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I was right, Bine not playing until Wed:(

KatjaS
Apr 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Good news for her, sunday - wednesday should be enough time to get used to the conditions and fight off jet lag.

CillyUltra
Apr 8th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Well, that remains to be seen. The eastward jet lag will bother her a couple of days. She never played back-to-back events on the tour first in America, then in Europe.

Tennis Fool
Apr 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Wonder how settled Sabine will be after that journey!

Bino
Apr 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Better for her than having to play on Tuesday. I really hope on a QF vs Jule!

@Sabinator would be nice if you can tell us how good the view on the court is for the specators. The arena seems to be really giant and the distance between the crowd and the courts seems to be pretty large from what I could realize on TV.

KatjaS
Apr 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I think they just put a giant curtain in the middle of a handball/hockey-sized arena, so they now have one side without any spectators and on the other sides they are quite far away.

Bino
Apr 8th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I think they just put a giant curtain in the middle of a handball/hockey-sized arena, so they now have one side without any spectators and on the other sides they are quite far away.
Seems to be so, it looks really far. I've never seen that on a tennis event. From the semifinals I could imagine they put the curtain away so they have one big arena.

Monzanator
Apr 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM
It's not that far away ;) In fact from the bottom three rows you can just about see the sidelines, any closer to the court and you won't be able to see them :shrug:

btw, Sabine was watching Zakopalova's match from the VIP box for whatever reason yesterday :lol:

Carinafan479
Apr 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
btw, Sabine was watching Zakopalova's match from the VIP box for whatever reason yesterday :lol:

Look at the statistics, I can imagine several reasons for sabs watched the match apart from the aces actually :p
Why isn't she playing doubles here?
She may watch the Cornet match now for schmiedlova! :eek:

Carinafan479
Apr 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I know first priority on singles now, to get her ranking back, but on red clay and with a Julia she'd been able to warm up for FedCup or don't they play together there ?

maartenround
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
First match 12pm vs. Cadantu on.. :/ oh.

mk27
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
First match tomorrow on court 1 (12:00 PM)

ente73
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:15 PM
She will play the first match tomorrow on court no. 1.

ente73
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Ok, only bronze medal for this news :-)

Schnffy
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
@sabinelisicki
Just finished a long autograph session. Very happy to see so many fans coming out!! :D

I'm playing first match at 12 o'clock vs Cadantu tomorrow. I'm looking forward to playing in Poland!
Do zobaczenia jutro! :D :)

Schnffy
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
sabinator, were you at sabine's autograph session? :)

Carinafan479
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Nope :mad::o

Lisickinator
Apr 9th, 2013, 04:00 PM
http://d.polskatimes.pl/k/r/7/82/5d/51604bcd33c2e_p.jpg?1365265575

:tape: :lol:

KatjaS
Apr 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM
She's the only relevant player with a connection to Poland there and she gets put on Court 1? :facepalm:

Maybe trying to sell tickets this way?

sghskhgkj
Apr 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Maybe if we ask very nicely a cameraman can peek around the curtain.

maurysicki
Apr 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Maybe if we ask very nicely a cameraman can peek around the curtain.

Monzanator
Apr 9th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Look at the statistics, I can imagine several reasons for sabs watched the match apart from the aces actually :p
Why isn't she playing doubles here?
She may watch the Cornet match now for schmiedlova! :eek:

Well, today Bertens and the Pliskovas watched Minella vs Dolonc :haha:

Plus I managed to get into that autograph session with Sabine, there were like 3x more people than for Cornet yesterday and 4x more than for Matkowski and Fyrstenberg who were signing autographs like 50 metres further :lol:

Michael!
Apr 9th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Camerin vs Zakopalova/ Kanepi vs. Pliskova on CC but not Sabine with Polish roots? that´s indeed funny :p
Maybe they are still mad that Sabine´s parents left Poland back then :oh:

maturedgirl
Apr 10th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Seeded players 1.2.3 and 6 on CC and an all polish doubs match and Sabine is German and 7 seeded. Consequent she has to play on C1 that is exactly same ( like a twin) as CC.;)

So, it's no disadvantage for her only for stream watchers;)
And she'll get a lot of support today! I was surprised about how popular she is in poland though she's the less polish of all polish rooted players. Her autogr. session was the prove. :D
She has chosen to play last minute wednesday what's more important as CC, when we see what happened to the other USA homies lately.

maturedgirl
Apr 10th, 2013, 05:41 AM
this is a post to get the no1 of all idiots beyond sabi fans off of lastpostscreen :p
@weronika1711 @sabinelisicki I finally managed to get your autograph. After 40 minutes in queue I got it .. ;) Thank you! ;)
:devil:

I hope she won't read tweets before her today's match
some dudes are worse than lepra! (not the upper tweet but the hopeless case tweets...)

Mike81
Apr 10th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I had to tweet something to her saying sorry about whatever I did for her to block me. I still like her and want to be her fan.

maturedgirl
Apr 10th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I had to tweet something to her saying sorry about whatever I did for her to block me. I still like her and want to be her fan.

What you have to do is "See a Doc, a psycho, you need help!seriously":rolleyes:

oh oh oh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVReDiyouWs)

Well, I know some people never change and I won't waste my time w helpless cases... have a nice day every1 - I will have ... :wavey:

Mike81
Apr 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM
What you have to do is "See a Doc, a psycho, you need help!seriously":rolleyes:

oh oh oh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVReDiyouWs)

Well, I know some people never change and I won't waste my time w helpless cases... have a nice day every1 - I will have ... :wavey:

I bad repped you for your insensitive post. Anyone who cares can see the 'hopeless case' thread, I actually have had to see a doc for a condition I have which affects my social development.

Geekking
Apr 10th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hoping a easy victory for Sabine today. Good luck Sabine :)

maartenround
Apr 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Bine to serve

LightsOut!
Apr 10th, 2013, 11:52 AM
:facepalm:

Lisickinator
Apr 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
nicht mal ne Satzführung rausholen um diese dann zu verspielen, kann sie mehr :sad:

Mike81
Apr 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
What went wrong this time? Bad preparation with the airline delay perhaps didn't help? why so appalling with the serve? Another sad result. Believe me despite her blocking me she's still my fave, so I do care.

Beaumont
Apr 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Let's be honest, red clay is her worst surface anyway

Mike81
Apr 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
GM will have a field day as they do with any poor loss by Bine :facepalm:

Red clay isn't a great surface for her but I don't think it explains all the breaks of serve.

CillyUltra
Apr 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Well, told you that you couldn't expect much from Sabine here. Barely time to adjust + practice and the jet lag bothering her. TBH I was always skeptical of playing these back-to-back events. But she obviously did it because of her Polish roots.

Sabinator :hug:

Madoka
Apr 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I DUNNO what to say, i mean, loosing against Cadantu...

Madoka
Apr 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Let's be honest, red clay is her worst surface anyway

she shouldnty be supposed to loose more then 2-3 games, even on clay, against CADANTU

this rumenian is so pooor...

Patrick345
Apr 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Same old. Same old. We all called it, when she missed a flight. That is clearly too much of a distraction to expect her to beat Cadantu two or three days later. Is she still with Sanchez? That won´t go much longer either I guess.

Schnffy
Apr 10th, 2013, 01:30 PM
sabine :( at least she gave a nice autograph session for her polish fans :hug:

i watched it live, cadantu played a very good match

a few good winners, some pathetic errors sabine-style
, and outplayed in long rallies. cadantu made very few ues, sabine is not regular enough for it. cadantu put some pressure too, not just moonballs, deep well placed topspins

Michael!
Apr 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
even good playing Cadantu should never beat Lisicki, that´s another bad defeat, can´t blame jet lag or whatever for it alone, some people always find an excuse for Sabine losing but she didn´t play Kvitova here or Vinci, she played Cadantu, someone who regulary gets bagelled by any decent player, as suckmila said, Sabine should beat someone like her easily on every surface.
Anyway, had all chances again in 1st set, but her serve just sucks, not even 70% won over 1st serve, 30% on 2nd serve, which is really disgusting and of course comes back twice just to get broken again immediately...mentally so weak and it gets worse again, disappointing defeat!
Looked better after Pattaya and Memphis, she wasn´t impressive there also but won her matches at least, now nothing works again and of course, people keep saying that she will have better results again and they are probably right but 2 or 3 good tournaments aren´t enough but seems like Sabine isn´t capable for more (at the moment).

Ziva
Apr 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
even good playing Cadantu should never beat Lisicki, that´s another bad defeat, can´t blame jet lag or whatever for it alone, some people always find an excuse for Sabine losing but she didn´t play Kvitova here or Vinci, she played Cadantu, someone who regulary gets bagelled by any decent player, as suckmila said, Sabine should beat someone like her easily on every surface.
Anyway, had all chances again in 1st set, but her serve just sucks, not even 70% won over 1st serve, 30% on 2nd serve, which is really disgusting and of course comes back twice just to get broken again immediately...mentally so weak and it gets worse again, disappointing defeat!
Looked better after Pattaya and Memphis, she wasn´t impressive there also but won her matches at least, now nothing works again and of course, people keep saying that she will have better results again and they are probably right but 2 or 3 good tournaments aren´t enough but seems like Sabine isn´t capable for more (at the moment).

Exactly

Dorien.
Apr 10th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I don't know or I have to laugh or cry with this lose :sobbing: No matter what she shouldn't lose against a player like Cadantu

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I did say she looked jetlagged in the pre-tourney photos; the American Airlines fuckery did not help, clearly.

BUT...

You could imagine the top players, even jetlagged & playing badly beating the sort of opponent up against Sabine today.

It looks like Sabine is slip sliding away. :bigcry:

wagner1912
Apr 10th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Sabine must have some internal problems, plus the always erratic, it is almost impossible to win a game. No doubt that tennis is his passion, but I think it really shows that it is not their top priority at this time. If it is measured by your mood to play a game then it will be very difficult to move on. This is not a criticism, but I must say that I admire the way they play when this concentrated, but I also feel that the way they take your career in some respects is unprofessional. I also know that injuries are a major impediment in his career, but at some point that you should serve to grow and not stay in a bad mood ever. For a moment I glad you had great continuity of matches in Pattaya and Memphis, but as always is lost after the losing streak, but still always hope you can find a balance in order to win games.

maturedgirl
Apr 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Bevor hier alle in Panik ausbrechen, sorry no time for english and a google will help you (;))

Schaut doch mal wer es geschafft hat, von Charleston gekommen, in Katowice ein Match zu gewinnen im Einzel. Lass die Maedels (Sabine und Julia) warm werden auf roter Asche und alles wird gut! Hab mich vorwarnen lassen von einem eifrigen Forumsleser,was hier heute abging, drum:

Panik hilft niemandem und alles wird gut. :angel:

Patrick345
Apr 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I did say she looked jetlagged in the pre-tourney photos; the American Airlines fuckery did not help, clearly.

BUT...

You could imagine the top players, even jetlagged & playing badly beating the sort of opponent up against Sabine today.

It looks like Sabine is slip sliding away. :bigcry:

She had a 2-3 day break. That´s normal.It´s just another BS excuse. Cadantu is not even good. Cadantu also played Charleston lost in the 1st round and played 1st day of qualifying in Kattowice on Saturday! How much of a break did she have? :rolleyes:

WimbleBine
Apr 10th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Bine :hug:

shit american airlines!!!

Schnffy
Apr 11th, 2013, 04:55 PM
btw take a look what the katowice r1-winners made in charleston:

Kvitova - no start
Minella - r1 loss
Martic - no start
Schmiedlova - no start
Craybas - quali loss
Peer - no start
Begu - no start
Candatu - r1 loss
Dominguez Lino - no start
Beck - no start
Camerin - no start
Zakopalova - no start
Kanepi - no start
Karo Pliskova - quali loss
Bertens - no start
Vinci - no start

would have been better to skip the tournament but sabine was kind enough to take a layover for her polish fans... ;)

maturedgirl
Apr 11th, 2013, 06:29 PM
gut erkannt ;)

Das einzige was etwas unglücklich lief, war, dass sie es nicht aus charleston direkt nach europa geschafft hat, wie görges und robson, und mit ihrem trip durch florida alles andere als eine entspannte anreise hatte, dann noch eine zähe gegnerin die nichts schenkt und das nachdem sie nur eine trainingssession in katowice absolvieren konnte. ;)

Beschweren kann man sich erst, wenn sie in Stuttgart ihr erstes match absolviert hat und sie dort gegen eine top30spielerin in 2 verlieren sollte, aber das ist so spekulativ wie der wetterbericht für Mai.

toll dass sie fuer ihre polnischen fans angereist ist und gespielt hat und davon sind viele nach K.gekommen, die sie toll unterstützt haben, aber ist wohl mentalitätssache.;)

Ich wette außerdem gegen spielerinnen wie doi, schmiedlova, craybas oder kiki haette sie auch in diesem zustand die erste runde überstanden, aber gut ... :D

crazillo
Apr 11th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Es ist aber jetzt schon die dritte Niederlage, wo man denken könnte, dass sie es hätte gewinnen können/sollen. Und das erinnert eben leider mehr an die zweite Jahreshälfte 2012 als den guten Start 2013.

maturedgirl
Apr 11th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Es ist aber jetzt schon die dritte Niederlage, wo man denken könnte, dass sie es hätte gewinnen können/sollen. Und das erinnert eben leider mehr an die zweite Jahreshälfte 2012 als den guten Start 2013.

Niederlagen koennen durchaus verschiedene Hintergruende haben, schon mal daran gedacht. Was mich hier am meisten stoert, ist das was mk so auszeichnet! Die Unfähigkeit einer differenzierten Betrachtungsweise, Tennis ist zu komplex, um es wie Mathematik anzugehen.

Nur ein Aspekt: Die Niederlage gegen eine in Charleston über sich hinausgewachsene und groß aufspielende/ übrigens auch mental gestärkt durch drei Siege in der Quali und einem super Sieg gegen Mladenovic (falls du ihre Matches gesehen haben solltest...) Burdette hat natürlich nicht gerade zum Selbstvertrauen beigetragen, ...

aber hey, ich könnte jetzt einen Roman schreiben, aber da ich weiß, dass ich deine Meinung doch nicht ändern werde, ...

Alle drei Niederlagen / Miami/Charleston und Katowice sind so verschieden erklärbar, wenn man bereit ist, die Scheuklappen und schwarz weiß denken abzulegen...

Aber is schon ok ;)

Überzeugungskämpfe sind nicht mein ding und zeit dazu zu schade. Aber du bist ja auch in stuttgart, ist schon alles leichter zu beurteilen, wenn man die Spiele live sieht.

Sie wird sicher nie in der Lage sein, RG zu gewinnen, aber sie spielen zu sehen und kämpfen und das hat sie bei allen 3 Niederlagen gemacht bis sie gestern im zweiten Satz die Kräfte verließen, ist für mich ein Augenschmaus, sogar wenn sie verliert :p
Schon komisch wie man Limoge vergisst / aus asien angereist, großem druck standgehalten als erste den wichtigen ersten punkt holen zu müssen... beim FC virus eingefangen, gleich weiter nach memphis dort krank durchgebissen, 1. runde keys niedergerungen ... jedes Land der Erde (außer vielleicht Russland und USA) wären stolz auf sie, ...

Sabine aufm Court hat eine unglaubliche Ausstrahlung, und bei Turnierveranstaltern, internationalen Journalisten und jungen Fans ist sie unglaublich beliebt und das nicht nur wegen ihrer blonden Haare, ... so, mehr geschrieben als gewollt.

:wavey:

edit: Fuer alle, die hier so locker schreiben, 2,3 Tage muessen reichen, da is nicht nur Jet lag sondern auch wechsel im Klima die der Körper verkraften muss und deshalb macht das keine spielerin von einer woche auf die andere wie Bine dies Jahr 2 mal musste, weil sie FÜR Deutschland spielen wollte!!!
OZ/Pattaya Sommer >> Limoge tiefster Winter / Charleston sommer>> Katowice Winter ...
Und dann innerhalb von 2,3, Tagen Höchstleistung bringen, nur Nichtsportler/Nichtjetsetter können sowas natürlich null verstehen!

crazillo
Apr 11th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ich mag Sabine auch unglaublich gerne, und ich dachte eigentlich auch, sie ist auf der richtigen Spur. Aber hoffentlich fällt sie jetzt nicht wieder in ein Loch, das ist alles, was ich befürchte. Ich will nicht, dass sie ihre erste konstante Saison mit 28 spielt.

Bino
Apr 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM
btw take a look what the katowice r1-winners made in charleston:

Kvitova - no start
Minella - r1 loss
Martic - no start
Schmiedlova - no start
Craybas - quali loss
Peer - no start
Begu - no start
Candatu - r1 loss
Dominguez Lino - no start
Beck - no start
Camerin - no start
Zakopalova - no start
Kanepi - no start
Karo Pliskova - quali loss
Bertens - no start
Vinci - no start

would have been better to skip the tournament but sabine was kind enough to take a layover for her polish fans... ;)
You describe by this an important part of Sabines personality as a professional women tennis player. She just cannot "skip" her personality for tactical reasons - that's why fans like, love and respect her. Not only because of delivering vs Candantu, Burdette, Wozniacki or Azarenka.

Bino
Apr 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Niederlagen koennen durchaus verschiedene Hintergruende haben, schon mal daran gedacht. Was mich hier am meisten stoert, ist das was mk so auszeichnet! Die Unfähigkeit einer differenzierten Betrachtungsweise, Tennis ist zu komplex, um es wie Mathematik anzugehen.

Nur ein Aspekt: Die Niederlage gegen eine in Charleston über sich hinausgewachsene und groß aufspielende/ übrigens auch mental gestärkt durch drei Siege in der Quali und einem super Sieg gegen Mladenovic (falls du ihre Matches gesehen haben solltest...) Burdette hat natürlich nicht gerade zum Selbstvertrauen beigetragen, ...

aber hey, ich könnte jetzt einen Roman schreiben, aber da ich weiß, dass ich deine Meinung doch nicht ändern werde, ...

Alle drei Niederlagen / Miami/Charleston und Katowice sind so verschieden erklärbar, wenn man bereit ist, die Scheuklappen und schwarz weiß denken abzulegen...

Aber is schon ok ;)

Überzeugungskämpfe sind nicht mein ding und zeit dazu zu schade. Aber du bist ja auch in stuttgart, ist schon alles leichter zu beurteilen, wenn man die Spiele live sieht.

Sie wird sicher nie in der Lage sein, RG zu gewinnen, aber sie spielen zu sehen und kämpfen und das hat sie bei allen 3 Niederlagen gemacht bis sie gestern im zweiten Satz die Kräfte verließen, ist für mich ein Augenschmaus, sogar wenn sie verliert :p
Schon komisch wie man Limoge vergisst / aus asien angereist, großem druck standgehalten als erste den wichtigen ersten punkt holen zu müssen... beim FC virus eingefangen, gleich weiter nach memphis dort krank durchgebissen, 1. runde keys niedergerungen ... jedes Land der Erde (außer vielleicht Russland und USA) wären stolz auf sie, ...

Sabine aufm Court hat eine unglaubliche Ausstrahlung, und bei Turnierveranstaltern, internationalen Journalisten und jungen Fans ist sie unglaublich beliebt und das nicht nur wegen ihrer blonden Haare, ... so, mehr geschrieben als gewollt.

:wavey:

edit: Fuer alle, die hier so locker schreiben, 2,3 Tage muessen reichen, da is nicht nur Jet lag sondern auch wechsel im Klima die der Körper verkraften muss und deshalb macht das keine spielerin von einer woche auf die andere wie Bine dies Jahr 2 mal musste, weil sie FÜR Deutschland spielen wollte!!!
OZ/Pattaya Sommer >> Limoge tiefster Winter / Charleston sommer>> Katowice Winter ...
Und dann innerhalb von 2,3, Tagen Höchstleistung bringen, nur Nichtsportler/Nichtjetsetter können sowas natürlich null verstehen!

Schnffy
Apr 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM
boomerangkid :worship:

Schnffy
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
sabinator hasn't written anything since bine's loss...he must be very disappointed :hug: :hug:

Sabinator.
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Okay, I'm in home right now and finally I got some news from my match to you... But nothing promising to say I'm afraid...

It was just a really, really poor perfomance. Cadantu did what she did the best, only pushing the ball back. Sabine did just a few fantastic winners, but with too many easy errors, especially on her backhand. Her backhand was just :facepalm: She tried to escape from it getting ball to her forehand but it didn't make any effect. The whole match was just like 1 super winner or service and 2 poor errors right away, no consistency at all. She has the WHOLE back taped, not like in Charleston, the back was taped by a big blue tape. I will upload few photos later. Sanchez was at this match and was clapping to her the whole match, just like me. When Sanchez did, me too :D I was shouting: Dawaj Bine, Dawaj! Brawo, super! when she hit a clean winner, but it wasn't too many of it to celebrate... I was clapping to her between EVERY points. I was sitting at the nearest seat to the court, so she heard my cheering for sure, I think she looked at me at one second between points :) It wasn't too many crowd in this match and probably nobody cheering Bine like me - I think only Sanchez, me and my friend who was with me are cheering her. After the match she was just dissapointed by herself, got a bag and went away very fast... Not very promising match for the clay future, I must say... Don't know what to say more, just nothing positive for this moment...

Mike81
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:46 AM
That's a tough first match to watch, to see her lose and play well below par. I'd still rather be able to watch her live even if she loses than not be able to watch her. I've twice cancelled plans to watch Sabine because she withdrew from Sydney. That would be cool if she noticed you cheering.

On another note, I'm looking forward to Fed Cup for a possible Sabine v Ana Ivanovic match?

Ziva
Apr 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks Sabinator, pretty much what i expected, the usual, she defeated herself with too many errors....

The back fully taped, doesn't sound good, but who knows what that is for.

maturedgirl
Apr 12th, 2013, 11:34 AM
It wasn't too many crowd in this match and probably nobody cheering Bine like me - I think only Sanchez, me and my friend who was with me are cheering her. After the match she was just dissapointed by herself, got a bag and went away very fast... Not very promising match for the clay future, I must say... Don't know what to say more, just nothing positive for this moment...

:hug:

So sorry for you but you, your friend and Uncle Ricci were not the onliest who cheered for her ;)
Probably your disappointment made it feel like that, but she got at least (unfortunately not too many found the way to the stadium that early ... ) much more support than Petra Kvitova on the other court ... tho she couldn't show what she were able to with a better preparation! :o

Take it easy, she's the one who suffered most, that's for sure!

Btw, I really appreciate she finally blocks some idiots :lol:
People like she and me better do :lol:

Sabinator.
Apr 12th, 2013, 11:47 AM
:hug:

So sorry for you but you, your friend and Uncle Ricci were not the onliest who cheered for her ;)
Probably your disappointment made it feel like that, but she got at least (unfortunately not too many found the way to the stadium that early ... ) much more support than Petra Kvitova on the other court ... tho she couldn't show what she were able to with a better preparation! :o

Take it easy, she's the one who suffered most, that's for sure!

Btw, I really appreciate she finally blocks some idiots :lol:
People like she and me better do :lol:

Probably, yeah, it was for sure much more people on Kvitova match and I was sitting in the nearest seat to the court and I didn't see how many people are exactly in this match and I thought it was just only a regular crowd with no cheering to both players. But, yeah, you can correct me cause I didn't hear any other cheering shouts from anybody on stands. BTW, were you at this match? at which sector? :)

Mike81
Apr 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Gimme a break :rolleyes: I revealed my problems in the 'hopeless case' thread and discussed them with some other forum members. The blocking hurts, but I accept it now and learnt a few things. I'm not asking her to unblock me (deleted those tweets) and just want to move on. It would be nice if I could move on without people's cheap shots please.

crazillo
Apr 12th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Gimme a break :rolleyes: I revealed my problems in the 'hopeless case' thread and discussed them with some other forum members. The blocking hurts, but I accept it now and learnt a few things. I'm not asking her to unblock me (deleted those tweets) and just want to move on. It would be nice if I could move on without people's cheap shots please.

This poster has been constantly mocking all of us laely, not just you, so please don't take him too seriously.

maturedgirl
Apr 13th, 2013, 10:39 AM
BTW, were you at this match? at which sector? :)

PM ;)

Ziva
Apr 13th, 2013, 11:11 AM
soviel freie Zeit.....:lol:

Jakubzz
Apr 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM
well boomerangkid is telling the truth.

Carinafan479
Apr 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Just thought boomerangkid might be sabine :lol:
She explained Sabines loss exactly same way as sabine did herself in that interview posted after bk :rolleyes:
Nevertheless, bk is right!
Let's hope Sabine gets on track until next week. At least she's got an awesome game when she's on fire, adorable girl.
Com'on Sabine :rocker2:

Schnffy
Apr 14th, 2013, 06:24 AM
@sabinelisicki
On my way to Stuttgart for @FedCup ! Looking forward to see my girls @BarbaraRittner @AngeliqueKerber @juliagoerges #MonaBarthel tonight!

Danars
Apr 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
She has nothing to defent until Wimbledon :eek: Great chance to win some points!

Jakubzz
Apr 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Hopefully the girls can beat those Serbian hacks

Ziva
Apr 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
She has nothing to defent until Wimbledon :eek: Great chance to win some points!

Yes and not much after, but the most of her points are at stake in the grass season.

So she should at least get a couple of point 200-300 in the clay season to back that up.

She needs to up her game ASAP to do that, with current form she won't win anything like last clay season.

If not, Sabine will have to play WTA qualies or even some ITF after Wimbledon and as we know, she doesn't like that at all.

maturedgirl
Apr 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Hopefully the girls can beat those Serbian hacks

Impossible they fail vs. Ana and Bojana :cool:

Jakubzz
Apr 15th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I'm sure they will be able to make light work of Ana since she took a page out of djoks book, and well for Bojana I don't think she has a chance against a player like Angie. Could cause Sabine problems though :(

maturedgirl
Apr 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Again no Sabine/Julia doubs in Stuttgart, I was looking forward to so much ....:sad:

everythingtaboo
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm sure they will be able to make light work of Ana since she took a page out of djoks book, and well for Bojana I don't think she has a chance against a player like Angie. Could cause Sabine problems though :(

So could her grunt... Wimbledon flashback. :drool:

Jakubzz
Apr 16th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Where is Julia?

maturedgirl
Apr 16th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Where is Julia?

Sick at home :sad:

Ziva
Apr 20th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Stuttgart:

Stosur vs Jankovic
Lisicki vs Q
Q vs Wickmayer
Errani BYE

Well, one win should be possible.

Sabinator.
Apr 20th, 2013, 01:13 PM
3rd time qualifier, jeez :tape:

maartenround
Apr 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Another 1R loss

Tennis Fool
Apr 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Oh ye of little faith :o

WimbleBine
Apr 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM
she would beat ivanovic...german teamchef is sooooooooo stupid....incredible....

crazillo
Apr 20th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I think she has about the best draw that you could have had.

Ziva
Apr 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
She is not with Sanchez anymore.

Told ya :p

Sabinator.
Apr 21st, 2013, 03:06 PM
She is not with Sanchez anymore.

Told ya :p

What? Really? :eek:

Ziva
Apr 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Yes commentator confirmed it.