PDA

View Full Version : hate threads

gokimmie
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:59 AM
there seems to be some kind of war going on in gen mes these days,with endless bashing threads,we all know by who..
unfortunatley ,they just keep getting longer and more intense,so please ,kim fans,may i suggest we all keep our pride and dignity,and don't respond to these kind of remarks any longer?the sooner we stop posting in them,the sooner they'll dissapear:)

Bigkimfan
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:05 AM
ok:)

Stefke
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
OK!!!!!:)
You're absolutely right!!

Elke
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:15 AM
Ok, I haven't posted anything, but it's only because I have so much selfcontrol...:angel:

But anywayzzz, go Kim!! :bounce::bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:19 AM
okay, but its tough not to post as they are so frustrating:fiery:
But I will try:)

gokimmie
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:27 AM
i know,it's realy tough,but now matter how good your post is ,how intelligent,ho well-written,the don't even read it properly,it's just useless:(

~|Naomi|~
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:31 AM
yeah I know it doesn't matter how many times the say that Serena is the quenn and she'll never be beaten :fiery: :fiery:

Kim fans don't even write stuff like that, they are just so annoying

Penguin
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:36 AM
GM has lost this kim fan today :fiery:

gentenaire
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:22 PM
You're absolutely right, Eva!

But it's so hard.

angele87
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:44 PM
For you Eva, I'll try :kiss: But it's really hard :o

duck
Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
You're absolutely right, Eva!

But it's so hard.

You write really good posts BB. Always really sensible.

MAybe you (and Angele) should be appointed the 'official Kim Clijsters fans' spokesperson;) You know, it may come to that eventually!

it is really hard not to respond but a lot of those threads are about causing trouble for trouble's sake imo rather than an attempt to spark a discussion.

Some threads are meant to be funny and you should always be able to criticise a player if they do or say something you dislike or disagree with but it has gotten to the point where you can't hope that your fave will win a match without being jumped on, so maybe it is better to just avoid posting in some threads. Kim will just get better and better so these threads will keep on coming so I think it is right to try and do something now. The one thing I do know is that responding angrily will only fuel the fire. Though I have to say that after reading GM for the last few days I have been so impressed with the response of the Kim fans and count myself lucky to share a fave with such cool people :kiss:

Filip!
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:04 PM
I also wrote nothing in the hate-threads... and I'm not going to write anything there...

It's very childish... some fans are writing real crap... (not Kim fans, but fans from some other players)...

Probably they are frustrated because Kim won the Championships in LA...

Hawk
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:23 PM
Well since the match is over the hype and tension seems to have died down. So hopefully the Serena fans will stop with Kim and move on to something else. :) At least until the Australian Open when I'm sure this topic will fire up again :rolleyes: If Kim happens to win the next time they play, let's be gracious in victory and not start another war :)

Cilla
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Hawk
If Kim happens to win the next time they play, let's be gracious in victory and not start another war :)

:) Couldn't agree more :) I think that would be the best response. And I have to agree with Duck I have been really impressed by your posts Tine and Angele :D

gentenaire
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:17 PM
Thank you for kind remarks.

I'm afraid I can't let it rest :o I know I should but aaargh!

Lynx
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Hawk
Well since the match is over the hype and tension seems to have died down. So hopefully the Serena fans will stop with Kim and move on to something else. :) At least until the Australian Open when I'm sure this topic will fire up again :rolleyes: If Kim happens to win the next time they play, let's be gracious in victory and not start another war :) I can't imagine a real Kim-fan not being gracious in victory... :angel:
Like sartrista7 said yesterday in the "truce"-thread started by Angèle: "oh my god, the Kim fans take after their favourite .../..." :)

budgirlbz
Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
i was up last night and reading the boards and there are a lot of comments made against kim but then again there are a lot of comments acknowledging kim's talents and all that...

and angele87, you're a real fan of kim!

btw...congratultions to all kim and lleyton fans, including me...this is a great way to start the year!!!

i am so excited about Australian Open...

does anyone know the t.v. schedule here in the US?

angele87
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the nice words :kiss: I'm glad nobody in here had a problem with my posts... or at least if somebody did they didn't speak up :o I really should of stopped myself but I just couldn't :o But if I must say so myself, all the Kim fans that posted in those threads were very classy and respectable :D

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Sorry, I had replied in some! LOL!! That's my style. Always in the fights. LOL! Had to defend the Clijsters Territory. LOL! But um, I agree Eva!!!

Calvin
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:48 AM
[mod message:
moved thread to Hate threads -thread]

Hi everyone, :wavey:

I used to be Penguin, and I used to post messages on GM occasionally and enjoy reading most threads, cause there was a lot of information in them that i would never had acquired without wtaworld. Even though there was always some fighting between certain fans (Williams, Hingis, Capriati), overall GM was a place where i could find interesting facts, and sometimes have a laugh at the "caption this" threads...

Recently though, i rarely venture in there anymore, as i feel General Messages has turned into a fighting arena with both Williams-fans and Williams-haters (the word "hater" alone makes my skin crawl) using any result (wether it's got a Williams in it or not) to start bashing each other, bashing other players, or just simple arrogant gloating (I understand why one player is better than the other, but aren't all fans alike? I even admire people that root for a struggling player, rather than for someone who wins a tournament every other week) Anyhow the rule seems to be: if your player wins, whatever you say is right, if your player loses, you'd better shut up :confused:...

This wouldn't bother me so much if it was just the Williams-fans vs. the Wiliams-haters, and if they would restrict themselves to Williams-matches, but I just can't stand seeing Kim being dragged into all of these fights... and that has happened a lot lately :sad:

We all know Kim has been proclaimed as one of the major contenders to the Williams sisters (and rightfully so ;) ), but haters (ugh, can't stand the word) are using her to bash the Willies, so now some Willie-fans are using any opportunity they see to bash Kim and her fans (allthough the real Kim-fans have absolutely nothing to do with the mess GM is in now)...

Maybe I'm too sensitive & naive, but it makes me so mad to read some of those posts... If a sensible reply would shut them all up, i would love to see GM turn into a relatively peaceful place, where tennisfans go to acquire interesting information, but even sincere efforts to call a truce on this board haven't had the slightest effect... I know it's useless to post anything in Kim's (or the Kim-fan's) defense, because the ones that love to fight just thrive on sincere posts made by sincere fans...

I don't really know why I'm posting this (terribly long) message, as I don't see any way in improving things... (well maybe if Kimmie would start losing terribly and would drop to no. 100, they wouldn't be dragging her into any fights anymore, but that's not what a fan should be hoping for, now is it?) Anyway, i just needed to vent some frustrations, I'd just rather do it here than in GM... ;)

-Fienesse-
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah, you're right. It doesn't make any sense. But just don't listen to them. The only thing that they want to reach is that we react on their stupid words so that they can react again. I know it's not always that easy, but just think that you know better...

duck
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:29 AM
I agree with you David but I think that is the nature of message boards in general. On the F1 boards Ferrari and Williams fans (maybe it's the name!) are continuously having a go at each other. Some people just enjoy arguing from in front of a computer. It is awful when people post insults about your fave but as an Lleyton fan I just get over it. But it is usually obvious when someone is posting out of spite. Ultimately the only thing you can do is let the players do the talking. Scores speak louder than words

KaseyL
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:37 PM
David,
Replying doesn't make much sense in fact as they aren't after a decent discussion at all. Best is to ignore them, the faster such a thread vanishes. The less attention, the more it hurts that they didn't achieve their goals.

However I do understand your feelings and sometimes I am quite tempted to post something in reply. So far, I only have done it a few times, mainly using irony then or the good old :rolleyes: :D.

By coincidence, I have posted something in this regard in the thread re the Appelmans/Dewulf interview.

arn
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:31 AM
Yeah, In the complete beginning I tried to reply to them, but some people turn every thing you say into something negative and as an attack on 'their' player.

The best thing is not to answer at all :)

The good thing is there are some places on this board where only true tennisfans reply. :)

Primula
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah just don't listen to them and ignore them! When they notice that you ignore them they will stop! Cause it isn't fun when nobody gets angry! Anyway they don't deserve our attention !

Micky
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:53 AM
on channel 7 right now the Australian of the year awards are on. Lleyton just won young Australian of the year. Kim was there her hair is straight and she looked very nice!;)

keta
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:12 AM
OMG!! I had the biggets feeling that LL woudl win young aussie of the eyar!! That is such an awsoem achievement!!
Im going too tape the awards show now!! :D:D