PDA

View Full Version : who do you think will get in

rusty_red_head
Jan 1st, 2003, 07:41 AM
I know that Pratt and Dominikovic have wildcards into the main draw here

do you think they'll pass a round???

Who do think will get the wild cards into her for qualifing???
I think there is four to give out

aussie adriana szili, tiffany welford, cassey Dellacqua and darya ivanov all pulled out of the first warm up tournament for the junnior aussie open which well be held next week this is when adidas, hobart and canberra is on maybe they have wildcards in qualifing or the main drar who do you think will get were??

AUSBOY
Jan 1st, 2003, 11:42 AM
Evie has a main draw wildcard??? since when?????????

She has direct entry into qualifying draw. Havent had anything confirmed about her receiving a main draw wildcard though

ajayares
Jan 1st, 2003, 11:47 AM
yeah she has, I posted an article in the pratt thread getting a WC.

gossipcom
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:31 PM
well the wildcard was going to be given to Serena but since she announced today she definitely wouldn't be playing in Sydney - my guess is it could really go to anyone - imo, it'll either go to one of the Aussie juniors, or they could do a surprise pick by giving it to Martina N.

TS
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:32 PM
Yes Evie is in.

The way she's playing I dont think she'll win a round unfortunately :(....Nicole can and hopefully will.

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:46 PM
I would love see Martina N to play Singles ;) LOL! But she don't need it, anyway...

ColinB
Jan 1st, 2003, 11:29 PM
Pratt has a wild-card - but according to a quote I read from Craig Watson (Tournament Director) on the Foz Sports website - he said that now that Serena wasn't availblke - he would probably give the other 2 wild-cards to Bovina and Tanasugarn... So no mention of Evie....

He has to give the WTA one to Tanasugarn I think after thier fuck-up when they forgot to add her to the committment list....

V.Melb
Jan 1st, 2003, 11:52 PM
Yes Colin your right. Tammy gets one because the WTA screwed her schedule around!

ColinB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:00 AM
I think it's quite right that Tammy gets it... The WTA owe her big time for doing that!

Benny
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:15 AM
Ditto!

I can't wait to see Tammy play, I am going on Tuesday and maybe Sat or Sun, not sure yet...?

jirobkk
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the news.

I'm totally agree that they should give one to Tammy. Because WTA forgot to put her name into the list.

Hello Benny,
Please don't forget to say "Hello" to her on mybehalf. and Could you please take her photo because I really want to see her new outfit.

Thanks.

ajayares
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:22 PM
Tammy got the last WC, obviously Bovina got DE when Amelie withdrew, so I don't know why they said she would be inline for the final WC.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/01/02/1041196738505.html

gossipcom
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:25 PM
Tammy got it because Monica thought the deadline was today when in fact it was yesterday and was given to her as the next highest ranked player.