PDA

View Full Version : Petra's Winners from Dubai

mac47
Feb 26th, 2013, 11:36 PM
174 winners in 5 matches. 35 per match. (Compare to "only" 31.5 at Wimbledon 2011.) And against the ultimate murderers' row of retrievers for the last three matches. :eek::eek::eek:

XMk0vRZAARQ

Your most esteemed player would not be able at any time.

binky-GOAT
Feb 26th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Fluke tournament. Fluke player. :wavey:

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Fluke tournament. Fluke player. :wavey:

Yes, all of her 10 trophies are flukes especially Wimbledon and the YEC :sobbing:

Why do I support such a fluke. :hysteric: :sad:

wtftennis
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I like Petra but she will have to do more and be more consistent to go on my radar of great players.

mauresmofan
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I like Petra but she will have to do more and be more consistent to go on my radar of great players.

Oh right best to call up the Wimbledon committee straight away and get them to take her membership away because you don't think she's a great player.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2011/7/3/1309716290605/Petra-Kvitova-Wimbledon-t-007.jpg

wtftennis
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Oh right best to call up the Wimbledon committee straight away and get them to take her membership away because you don't think she's a great player.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2011/7/3/1309716290605/Petra-Kvitova-Wimbledon-t-007.jpg

assumed we were talking present but ok.

crescentmoon
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Yes, all of her 10 trophies are flukes especially Wimbledon and the YEC :sobbing:

The general consensus is that she needs to be more consistant. Well, how could she improve on that? She plays a high risk game. She paints the lines a lot. It's as if she doesn't want to get into any lengthy rallies. She needs to understand it's not ok to go for every shot but it's also ok to pull back a bit when you know the chance of making an error is high. Sometimes she gets the balance a little bit wrong between defence and attack but that her gameplan is based on aggressively taking the game to her opponents. She needs to pursue a less high-risk strategy at times. She can beat anyone if she is playing patient, IMO.

deboraski
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:51 AM
We need more tournaments with faster courts like Dubai, Cincy, Wimby, etc... :sad:

iPatty
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Love these videos. :lol:

Pump-it-UP
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Hantuchova's movement is the best part of this video. :spit:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 27th, 2013, 02:18 AM
I don't consider it to be a fluke but I will say that the dry desert air and the fast courts help her.

metamorpha
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:16 AM
She's like Li, Pierce and Davenport combined into one. She can be greater.

Big serve, not afraid of the net, compact forehand and backhand with brilliant shotmaking ability that can stun all opponents, but very prone to errors and not that fast.

SilverSlam
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:27 AM

Considering you were arguing along with a lot of others Maria winning a career slam was a fluke I think you know you're overstepping here.

Hantuchova's movement is the best part of this video. :spit:

yaaaaaas :hysteric:

thegreendestiny
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:35 AM
...and she beat the pusher trinity of Wozniacki-Radwanska-Errani :worship:

tennisfan5
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Between her performance in Doha vs Serena, and her great play in dubai, Petra's play is encouraging. I actually think she moved very well last week.

Cookiecrusher
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Petra :hearts::bowdown:

If only she could be more consistent though...

ZeroSumGame
Feb 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Great player, very likable, great natural ability ...if she becomes consistent & able to compete with the likes of Serena, Vika, & Li Na, will soon be one of my favs

Boxuan
Feb 27th, 2013, 05:56 AM
She's like Li, Pierce and Davenport combined into one. She can be greater.

Big serve, not afraid of the net, compact forehand and backhand with brilliant shotmaking ability that can stun all opponents, but very prone to errors and not that fast.

The difference between Na and the rest is, Mary, Petra and Lindsay are all big and heavy (Masha as well, though not heavy, but too tall), it's more difficult for them to run from side to side, so they tend to make rallies shorter by hitting heavy and going for the line.

To Na, she actually has good movement, so it's mostly about her personal preference. If only she could learn controlled aggressiveness earlier like she did in RG11.:drool: The problem is, her early tennis training is not so thorough and didn't get enough chances to play events when she's young.

caroalltheway
Feb 27th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Love these winner filled videos:drool: I wonder if one was ever made for Caro. I bet it would be like 4 seconds long:crying2:

Offland
Feb 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
The difference between Na and the rest is, Mary, Petra and Lindsay are all big and heavy (Masha as well, though not heavy, but too tall), it's more difficult for them to run from side to side, so they tend to make rallies shorter by hitting heavy and going for the line.

To Na, she actually has good movement, so it's mostly about her personal preference. If only she could learn controlled aggressiveness earlier like she did in RG11.:drool: The problem is, her early tennis training is not so thorough and didn't get enough chances to play events when she's young.

That's exactly why I don't enjoy tennis nowadays, I find female tennis players too big, too heavy and too much concentrated on a power aspect of the game.It's a bit disappointing! though I'm genuinely happy for Kvitova and want to congratulate her on a new earned title.

Deestruction
Feb 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Oh Kvitty my girl. :drool: :inlove:

Tennisation
Feb 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Is there a video of her unforced errors? I bet that one is much longer than this video.

Boxuan
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM
That's exactly why I don't enjoy tennis nowadays, I find female tennis players too big, too heavy and too much concentrated on a power aspect of the game.It's a bit disappointing! though I'm genuinely happy for Kvitova and want to congratulate her on a new earned title.

True. Same thing happened in ATP when players like Karlovic and Isner showed up and their matches usually end up with tiebreaks after tiebreaks. Back in 90s players like Richard Krajicek and Tod Martin (both 6-6) were considered 'giants'. But what can they do? Making a height/weight restriction is not likely to happen. And the hit-or-miss style may not be entertaining, but sometimes is effective.

Btw, I'm a fan of Petra too. But I do hope her to lose a little weight and improve movement. Dominant players of WTA has never been taller than 5-10 (6-2 in mens' side), which means athleticism and movement is still a pivotal factor in modern tennis.

Boxuan
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Is there a video of her unforced errors? I bet that one is much longer than this video.

At least in Dubai, Petra has postive w/ue stats in most if not all matches.

Deestruction
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I think i like the hit-and-miss type of game, it makes them very unpredictable and quite unique in a way. I dont like too much consistency or too much ball bashing. I like the contrast of two styles. One example of a rival that is with two different styles is Federer-Nadal, Seles-Graf, Connors-McEnroe, Azarenka-Kvitova, and alot of matches like that because they are more interesting.

Petronius
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM
LOL, things like Sharapova dating Dimitrov, or Clijsters pregnant stay in the GM and this has been moved. You have to love Tennis Forum :lol:

Offland
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM
True. Same thing happened in ATP when players like Karlovic and Isner showed up and their matches usually end up with tiebreaks after tiebreaks. Back in 90s players like Richard Krajicek and Tod Martin (both 6-6) were considered 'giants'. But what can they do? Making a height/weight restriction is not likely to happen. And the hit-or-miss style may not be entertaining, but sometimes is effective.

Btw, I'm a fan of Petra too. But I do hope her to lose a little weight and improve movement. Dominant players of WTA has never been taller than 5-10 (6-2 in mens' side), which means athleticism and movement is still a pivotal factor in modern tennis.

Height/weight restrictions are out of the question , it would end in disaster:tape:but as @Deestruction said , hit-or-miss style is pretty entertaining when it meets on court counter-puncher, relying on consistency and effective returns...Unfortunately ,I'm afraid pushers ,counter-punchers wil slowly go extinct or end up pushed aside , though I find their techniques and patience really impressive/admirable.
So far, watching womens tennis is like watching movie in slow-motion...laggy .I wish they were more agile, light footed and creative:sport::)

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:42 AM

No, but there's a box set of your fail threads and that's only the one's that you've started in the past two weeks.

mac47
Feb 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
NID that the mods would move this to the player forum. Too many people scandalized by the sight of tennis carnage, the like of which their one-dimensional faves with flawed and limited skillsets could never wreak, but only suffer.

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Told ya it would piss them off :haha: :oh:

*Jack*
Feb 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Told ya it would piss them off :haha: :oh:
I guess, now it's the time to piss off the guys who liked the Azarenka's video with 'i-don't-know-what-small-number-that-was' winners, right? :lol: :cool:

mauresmofan
Feb 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Petra has an awful lot going for her. She has immense power, great technique, great volleys, a good serve and her movement seems to be improving as her weight is dropping. She also comes across as very modest and extremely likeable. She doesn't waste time or play obnoxious games (make your opponent wait before their serve, make loud noises as she hits the ball, take medical time outs or bathroom breaks to throw opponents) which adds to her popularity amongst fans of the game. I really hope she can keep this form and build on it because with her game there really is no telling how much she can do in the sport.

ArcticMoose
Feb 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM
:lick:For true comparison... the Vika's AO Winners Video & Petra's :angel:Dubai Winners Video needs to be viewd together side by side:drool:.....
XMk0vRZAARQ:drool::lick:vs:confused::tape:RLQoVphE 6Cg

:pVery clear why loads of little boys in GM are wetting their pants when they see the pure carnage by the Lioness......:tape:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Thank you Vika :hearts:

174 winners in 5 matches. 35 per match. (Compare to "only" 31.5 at Wimbledon 2011.) And against the ultimate murderers' row of retrievers for the last three matches. :eek::eek::eek:

XMk0vRZAARQ

Your most esteemed player would not be able at any time.

Oh? :oh:
5sTG97e5tqU
248/7=35.4285714285 :oh:

LOL, things like Sharapova dating Dimitrov, or Clijsters pregnant stay in the GM and this has been moved. You have to love Tennis Forum :lol:

Totally agree, at least this thread is remotely tennis-relevant :shrug:

doktor
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Glorious :worship:

mac47
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I recant. Gotta respect Serena, because she is the GOAT. But I still think Kvitty will get her next time.

Excelscior
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I recant. Gotta respect Serena, because she is the GOAT. But I still think Kvitty will get her next time.

Of course, half of Serena's winners (if not even an higher percentage) are serves. :eek: :lol: :eek:

It's a different composition.

Petronius
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
It's hard to beat ACERena in winner count, especially as Serena played three 3-setters vs. Zheng, Svedova and Radwanska. For example, after Radwanska pushed the final to the third set, Serena literally aced her way through some games and the winner count went up accordingly :lol:

Petronius
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Of course, half of Serena's winners (if not even an higher percentage) are serves. :eek: :lol: :eek:

True, but serve is a part of the game. :lol:

On the other hand, a clean winner after a beautifully set-up point is probably more watchable than a great ace. :cool:

Excelscior
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
It's hard to beat ACERena in winner count, especially as Serena played three 3-setters vs. Zheng, Svedova and Radwanska. For example, after Radwanska pushed the final to the third set, Serena literally aced her way through some games and the winner count went up accordingly :lol:

Yeah, if I remember correctly, Serena averaged 15 aces a game (or something to that affect) that Wimbledon. :lol:

Whereas, Cosmoose had already broken down Petra's winner count, and found that there was balanced diversity in how and where Petra hit and placed her winners.

John.
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
:drool:

Excelscior
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Petra has an awful lot going for her. She has immense power, great technique, great volleys, a good serve and her movement seems to be improving as her weight is dropping. She also comes across as very modest and extremely likeable. She doesn't waste time or play obnoxious games (make your opponent wait before their serve, make loud noises as she hits the ball, take medical time outs or bathroom breaks to throw opponents) which adds to her popularity amongst fans of the game. I really hope she can keep this form and build on it because with her game there really is no telling how much she can do in the sport.

Thanks for your comments and appearance Mauresmofan!! :yeah:

As usual, they are very salient.

Feel free, to creep on over or express your opinions or observations occasionally here, if you wish. :lol:

I know you're a very good observer, and quiet fan (relatively speaking to some others, here at TF :)) regarding Petra.

Yes, let's all hope she keeps this form for a large part or most of the year. :angel:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Get her next time as in, beat her in their next meeting? Interesting, I wouldn't bet on it but as she showed at Doha it's certainly possible.

Eh, that comparison would hold if we were comparing Serena to say, Wozniacki, whose serve is (in her father's words) "just another shot to get the rally started". I don't see the comparison having much to do with Serena vs Petra, as Petra's serve is - just like Serena's - struck with the intention of hitting an ace/unreturnable or setting up an easy sitter, and she has the ace/df stats to show for it. It just so happens that Serena executed on that gameplan better, hence the higher ace count. Discounting the points won with aces because Serena's better at it is no more reasonable than discounting the points won with a FH DTL or volleys, or whatever other individual shot there is.

John.
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM
This is also a rare occasion of a player winning a tour event without any on court coaching. With the exception of the big 3, I can't think of the last time this happened

Excelscior
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:10 PM
This is also a rare occasion of a player winning a tour event without any on court coaching. With the exception of the big 3, I can't think of the last time this happened

Probably the last time Petra won a tournament. :lol: :eek: :lol:

Petra won Montreal last summer (and about 4 or 5 other tournaments) with out her coach/coaching. I certainly get your point though Jack. It's well taken.

Not sure if she was the last, before Dubai though. :)

Probably so, but I don't know. :shrug:

And welcome John (even as a long time TF'er) to Petra's subforum, if you never posted here before!! :yeah:

John.
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Petra won Montreal last summer (and about 4 or 5 other tournaments) with out her coach/coaching. I certainly get your point though Jack. It's well taken.

And welcome John (even as a long time TF'er) to Petra's subforum, if you never posted here before!! :yeah:

Thanks. This is the first time I've posted here, so appreciate the welcome :)

It's a very rare sight to see a player go an entire match, never mind a tournament, without it nowadays (Slams excluded of course)

*Jack*
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Yeah, I wanted to write about Montreal 2012, too, but Excelscior overtaken me. :lol: It's a big true that Petra is very capable of winning tournaments alone, although it doesn't do a very good name to her coaches, though. :rolleyes: But overall, I think that this is very big advantage of Petra and it can help her in tough situation on the court when she's alone at the moment or she can't call for her coach to advise her like on GS. :)
And I'd also like to say welcome to the Petra's sub-forum to you John! :) :wavey: Although I'm quite new here and on TF. :lol:

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome John .... about bloody time too :devil:

It's a great sub-forum here, we can have a laugh too. So please come back and visit from time to time :)

John.
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:40 PM
And I'd also like to say welcome to the Petra's sub-forum to you John! :) :wavey: Although I'm quite new here and on TF. :lol:

Welcome John .... about bloody time too :devil:

It's a great sub-forum here, we can have a laugh too. So please come back and visit from time to time :)

Thanks guys :)

Excelscior
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM

It's a very rare sight to see a player go an entire match, never mind a tournament, without it nowadays (Slams excluded of course)

Your "Disco Petra" Moniker and picture are very cute, funny and apropos John!! :yeah:

Excelscior
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I wanted to write about Montreal 2012, too, but Excelscior overtaken me. :lol: It's a big true that Petra is very capable of winning tournaments alone, although it doesn't do a very good name to her coaches, though. :rolleyes: But overall, I think that this is very big advantage of Petra and it can help her in tough situation on the court when she's alone at the moment or she can't call for her coach to advise her like on GS. :)

You know, I was thinking, someone was writing along with me Jack! :lol: :lol:

I knew it was a well known fact here, that's why.

And you may be new, but you're already Old News/Family here Jack!! So as David Mercer said, on Petra's backhand ROS Bullet from the Deuce Court vs Wozniaki, "Oh Stop It"! :lol: :tape: :lol:

And a hearty welcome from me to you, as I'm not sure I ever officially welcomed you Jack!! :lol: :yeah: :lol:

ArcticMoose
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I guess, now it's the time to piss off the guys who liked the Azarenka's video with 'i-don't-know-what-small-number-that-was' winners, right? :lol: :cool:
:devil:It looks like after the mods moved the Dubai winners thread to Petra's sub-forum -:bounce: the only option is to now post the video to either one of the threads below to make the frightened little boys in GM pee in their pants...:devil:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499209&page=9 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499209&page=9)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499065&page=15

*Jack*
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:20 PM
You know, I was thinking, someone was writing along with me Jack! :lol: :lol:

I knew it was a well known fact here, that's why.

And you may be new, but you're already Old News/Family here Jack!! So as David Mercer said, on Petra's backhand ROS Bullet from the Deuce Court vs Wozniaki, "Oh Stop It"! :lol: :tape: :lol:

And a hearty welcome from me to you, as I'm not sure I ever officially welcomed you Jack!! :lol: :yeah: :lol:
I think you didn't, but I started to post here while you weren't too active, so that's why. ;) But thanks! :)

:devil:It looks like after the mods moved the Dubai winners thread to Petra's sub-forum -:bounce: the only option is to now post the video to either one of the threads below to make the frightened little boys in GM pee in their pants...:devil:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499209&page=9 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499209&page=9)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499065&page=15
Good idea, I think it would be great to post both videos side by side to see the difference as you did before. :cool: :lol:

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
You are all so :devil:

I don't know where you get it from .... I would never EVER think or do anything like that :oh:

ArcticMoose
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Good idea, I think it would be great to post both videos side by side to see the difference as you did before. :cool: :lol:
You are all so :devil:

I don't know where you get it from .... I would never EVER think or do anything like that :oh:
:devil:Mission Accomplished;)

mauresmofan
Feb 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your comments and appearance Mauresmofan!! :yeah:

As usual, they are very salient.

Feel free, to creep on over or express your opinions or observations occasionally here, if you wish. :lol:

I know you're a very good observer, and quiet fan (relatively speaking to some others, here at TF :)) regarding Petra.

Yes, let's all hope she keeps this form for a large part or most of the year. :angel:

Thanks I'm just a big fan of how she's developed her game and brought a great mixture of the old (volleys and deft touch) and the new (baseline power play and drive volleys) to the table.

Initially when she first burst onto the scene I thought here's another Vaidisova type player - hit hard or hit harder - but I was dead wrong she's much much more than that and should she get the consistency right between all out attack and the subtleties of the game she has at her fingertips she'll be damn near unstoppable because her opponents will have no idea what on earth is coming next. She's like the Czech players of old who know how to volley but yet she has the power to just sit on the baseline and bludgeon from there. Honestly if both she and Serena weren't around I'd be very disillusioned by the vast majority of players today.

ArcticMoose
Feb 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM
:hatoff: Welcome John. & mauresmofan to Kvitty's subforum. Hope you enjoy your time here. Also welcome to aselto....hope you enjoy Petra's play at Katowice...:D

Petronius
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Welcome to mauresmofan and John :wavey:

It seems that we have now almost the entire British Isles covered, considering that pling is from Wales and PetraReeMona from England :D

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 05:16 PM

It seems that we have now almost the entire British Isles covered, considering that pling is from Wales and PetraReeMona from England :D

:lol:

Oh yes ...Petra's very popular in the UK :cool:

John.
Feb 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM

:lol:

We just need someone from Northern Ireland now and we're covered

*Jack*
Feb 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM
:devil:Mission Accomplished;)
Could you gimme the link to the thread where you released 'the bomb'? :lol: :devil:

:hatoff: Welcome John. & mauresmofan to Kvitty's subforum. Hope you enjoy your time here. Also welcome to aselto....hope you enjoy Petra's play at Katowice...:D
And I also wanna welcome another British citizen in Kvitty's sub-forum if I may. :)

ArcticMoose
Feb 27th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Could you gimme the link to the thread where you released 'the bomb'? :lol: :devil:

And I also wanna welcome another British citizen in Kvitty's sub-forum if I may. :)
;)Here's the link : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499209&page=9 :p

:devil:After the bomb was released - all of Shriekarenka's fantasising little wimpy boys have run back into their fox holes screaming :lol:

ShiftyFella
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:04 PM
;)Here's the link : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=499209&page=9 :p

:devil:After the bomb was released - all of Shriekarenka's fantasising little wimpy boys have run back into their fox holes screaming :lol:
Poor timing Moose, you should have reserved this after Petra spanks Vika's ass in IW, now it will be depresing if Petra fails to reach even SF to face Sharpie while Shrieking Razor will be in the Final

ArcticMoose
Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
:DHey Shifty, your Petra's Dubai winners video now appears in : tennisworldusa.org - http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Petra-Kvitova%B4s-174-Winners-on-her-road-to-Dubai-Title-video1073.html

;)BTW are you Federico Coppini - the uploader of the vid ?:) {you have been busted by Sherlock Holmes:angel:}

ShiftyFella
Mar 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
It's nice that Petra winners will get exposure, world needs to see brilliance of our girl:angel:

btw, Federico is poster on TWUSA is not the original uploader of the vid. If you want to play Holms, guess what things in common i have with Azarenka and Marion:p

ArcticMoose
Mar 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
It's nice that Petra winners will get exposure, world needs to see brilliance of our girl:angel:

btw, Federico is poster on TWUSA is not the original uploader of the vid. If you want to play Holms, guess what things in common i have with Azarenka and Marion:p
:oh:You speak French like Azarenka and Marion..:p

ShiftyFella
Mar 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
:oh:You speak French like Azarenka and Marion..:p
yes and no, you have to dug deep it's more on personal level. i will ease you task, what i have in common is not connected with both of them, its little things with each player:lol:

netphobia
Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
You have a high-pitched, trilling grunt, and you like to do calisthenics when receiving serve. :p

PetraReeMona
Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
You have big boobs and a big nose :p

ArcticMoose
Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
You are addicted to Cake & Snickers :p

ShiftyFella
Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:52 PM
You are addicted to Cake & Snickers :p
It's not a trivia, be real Holmes, provide evidences, theory and analysis, some of them you can find even here:p

You have big boobs and a big nose :p
just to clarify, I'm Manly Man not a Girly Girl;)
vKck8tIXIEU