PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Fan Are You?

tennisIlove09
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Just Wondering....

Legends
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:31 AM
this is a somewhat complicated one.

when it comes to Tennis i like watching them both.

however, with Venus it is everything about her that i love.

her mind, her intelligence.
her inner confidence and serenity
her physique
her demeanour
her achievements
the caring qualities she exhibits
her quotes
her application to life -the way she lives her life.

just about everything about her.

whereas with Serena i just like her physique and her outspokeness, not too impressed with any other stuff.

so that (more than) tips the balance towards Venus when they play each other - i suppose that in terms of tennis it is Venus then Serena.

However, in terms of the bigger picture it is only Venus, now i think about it i don't really have a second best.
i used to have players i disliked like Hingis and capriati but not anymore.

servenrichie
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Bump Legends:wavey: :wavey:

Legends
Jan 17th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Hey Sevenrichie:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Venus is amazing - just consider that in a whole Grand Slam event, one of the highlights, for an ordinary fan like me, is reading through Venus' match interviews. :hearts:

Go Venus
keep those interviews coming;)

Sam L
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:06 AM
I love Venus, can't stand Serena ;)

Venus has a wonderful personality, class and athleticism. She's also very shy and introverted like me.

Her backhand is one of the greatest strokes in tennis, and imo the greatest and most powerful backhand in the history of tennis which I try to copy all the time! :)

tennisIlove09
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Why Sam L?--if you don't mind sharing.

Why do you like Venus, but not Serena?

Infiniti2001
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:38 PM
I love Venus (frankly I just love sticking with the original-- what can I say:p )She has poise, a quiet strength, and controls her emotions-- she's classy and despite losing to her sister 5 times in a row, she's still way above everyone else. I will stick with her through thick and thin...

1jackson2001
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Venus all the way. Eh for Serena..I don't mind her winning, but as long as she loses to Venus I am fine. :angel:

servenrichie
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Hi Legends :wavey: :wavey:
As if you knew what has been keeping me busy during the whole fortnight of AO.
With all my education and age i still learn something daily just by going thru the transcripts of her interview. What a special creature!

Sam L
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
Why Sam L?--if you don't mind sharing.

Why do you like Venus, but not Serena?

I love the way she plays and her backhand the most.

I used to like Serena until she wore FUR :mad:

Roseie
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:06 PM
I just love Venus. A big bump to Everything you said Legend! One thing I wish for Venus in her privite life is that she finds someone that really loves her & that she can laugh with. I think laughter is very inportant to her.

Okasu
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Since the first time I saw Venus play(97)) Iíve been a Venus fan. Iíve supported Serena in the past due to her being Venusí sister but to tell the truth. More than likely would not have liked Serena if it was not because of Venus. SoÖ basically Iím a Venus fan that tolerates Serena.

Infiniti2001
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:43 AM
What Okasu said :) Serena has always rubbed me the wrong way. I once got some shit from a poster because Monica Seles is my 2nd favourite player . Oh well.

tennisIlove09
Feb 5th, 2003, 08:00 AM
That's what really bothers me. Some Williams fans can't accept that some fans perfer Venus or Serena. Just because some root for both, doesn't mean everyone roots for both.

For me, Serena was my #3 for a long time [Venus has been #1, Arantxa was always my #2], but since last summer, she's been bugging me. She's just done things that I didn't like from other players...so, I'm not about to support her for doing it as well.

Sam L
Feb 5th, 2003, 11:10 AM
tennisIlove, I had no idea ASV was your 2nd favourite? :eek:

I also like Daniela Hantuchova a lot, Venus and her both have very similar games and huge two-handed backhands which I like :cool:

But mostly I like their playing style.

tennisIlove09
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Sam L
tennisIlove, I had no idea ASV was your 2nd favourite? :eek:

I also like Daniela Hantuchova a lot, Venus and her both have very similar games and huge two-handed backhands which I like :cool:

But mostly I like their playing style.

:hearts: :hearts: Yup...Arantxa. The first tennis match I saw was Venus def. Arantxa 26 61 61 98 US Open. I didn't watch a lot of tennis then, but they always were my faves after that.

I also like Dani, Monica, Lindsay. Really, I've moved away from rooting for ONE person. I have many faves now, but Vee remains my #1 :hearts:

Sam L
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:31 AM
Hey I remember that match. One thing that stuck to my mind was how thunderously Venus closed out the match. She embodied thunder in that match. LOL! I think she wore this black skirt.

Anyway, after 1st set I thought oh no this is going to be the Sydney finals over again which was the last time I saw those two play a match. I had high expectations for Venus in that match.

Also how good Venus was in night matches, I don't think she likes losing night matches very much :eek:

oshun
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:41 AM
I love Venus!!! She's beautiful, smart, poised and just an all around nice young lady! I honestly cried when she lost the Aussie Open because I wanted so much for her to win and I knew she wanted it just as much!! I used to like Serena (and I still do a little bit) but her attitude as of late has been a real turn off, the swearing just put the icing on the cake. What's funny is no matter how popular she gets and how many slams she wins people are always going to like Venus more, she just seems more likeable. She seems to be the kind of friend that will always be there for you and will keep all of your deepest secrets! She's the kind of sister I wish I had! I love you Venus and I always will! You are the TRUE the #1!!!:hearts:

yoyo
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Every body who sincerely loves Venus should love Serena (like me) too, simply because Venus would not be happy knowing you don't like her sister ! I love Venus so much, I want her to be happy !

I would even like to choose a boyfriend for Serena (James Blake) !
If she chooses someone else, I'll be disappointed !

tennisIlove09
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Sam L
Hey I remember that match. One thing that stuck to my mind was how thunderously Venus closed out the match. She embodied thunder in that match. LOL! I think she wore this black skirt.

Anyway, after 1st set I thought oh no this is going to be the Sydney finals over again which was the last time I saw those two play a match. I had high expectations for Venus in that match.

Also how good Venus was in night matches, I don't think she likes losing night matches very much :eek:

Tragically, I don't really remember much about the match. I wish I had taped it. Like I said, I wasn't as involved in tennis as much.

yoyo: It's not that we don't *like* Serena, it's just she's not our #1. Really, I like almost everyone on the tour. I just like some players more then others.

brickhousesupporter: I don't care what happened. You never know...maybe Venus was having an off day. And if it didn't happen to you, how do you know it's true?

Infiniti2001
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:54 PM
I know that you all like venus and everything, but the thing that gets me with that is that you all call her classy and everything. If some of you knew what I know about an interaction with venus you would not think she was so classy. I am not trying to spoil this thread, I am just providing a little perspective. What you see infront of the camera is not alway true. keep that in mind. Oh please dont ask me to tell you what it is because I would not let the haters get that information. But I will tell you it is not about something as trivial as she was not nice or something silly like that. Also it does not involve me personally.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am NOT someone who judges others based on the interpretations or allegations of others... Meanwhile the Venus I encountered was nothing but class-- too bad your experience was unpleasant

Every body who sincerely loves Venus should love Serena (like me) too, simply because Venus would not be happy knowing you don't like her sister ! I love Venus so much, I want her to be happy !

What hogwash!!! For the last time, Venus and Serena are NOT joined at the hip... They are 2 individuals with different personalities and I think I have every right to choose my favourite.. :fiery:

moon
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:00 AM
I completely agree with Infinit.

I've had a couple of interactions with Venus, and she's been nothing but nice to me. Nobody's perfect, including Venus Williams, and I don't think anybody here is insinuating that she is, just that she's our favorite!:p

Anyway, Vee comes first with me. Serena is also my third, after Monica. I usually cheer for her over everyone else, but these days, I wouldn't get too upset if she lost every now and again ;)

schris
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:30 PM
I always liked Venus more. She reminds me sometimes of Steffi. She has much more class than Serena.