PDA

View Full Version : Which Players Will Beat Venus & Serena First in 2003?

GogoGirl
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:13 PM
IMO - the next person to beat Serena will be Lindsay. I know - I know - that some don't agree - but it will be she - Kim or Venus.

The next person to beat Venus will be Kim or Chanda. Any bets?

The Aussie open SEMIS will feature either of these six players IMO.

1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Kim
4. Jennifer
5. Lindsay

6. My floaters are: Bovina or Monica - Justine.

Should we even go w/the obvious? I mean - should we assume the semis will feature 4 of the top six players? There may be a surprise and if so - whom will it be?

And does anyone seriously think that Kim will overtake Venus at number 2 before Wimby?

novotnaquinton
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:17 PM
I think Kim will beat Serena in Hopman Cup.
Do you count it as any official win?

nuriboy
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:23 PM
I donīt think Kim will beat Serena in the Hopman cup or AUs Open for that matter. Serena knows people are talking about how Kim will step up and bla bla. Thatīs why she will prove everybody wrong and teach Kim a lesson!

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:35 PM
The next person to beat Serena will be the one person she put the hurt on in three Grand Slam finals this year. Sweet revenge.

nuriboy
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Yeah, thatīs more like it bonker! If anyone will beat Serena it will be Venus first and no one else! Kim had a great victory but she is still 1-5 career against Serena.

joao
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:25 PM
It's hard to tell ... the season is just starting! Let's see how players will do b4 the AO ...

vs1
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:42 PM
I think that the first person to beat Serena will be Venus. I think the first person to beat Venus will be Serena. I don't know which order it'll be in!

starr
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:58 PM
I think no player will ever beat Venus & Serena.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Iroda will do it on Monday :)

davai Iroda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TS
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Jennifer or Kim.

And since I've picked Jennifer for the threepeat, I'll stick with her.

Oasiatic
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:10 AM
The first person to beat Venus will be Serena cause she's had her number all year and unless Venus finds a way to counteract lil sis' strategy, she's going down again.

I also think the first person to beat Serena would be Lindsay.

Dawn Marie
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:39 AM
I disagree with Lindsay becuase she will get taken out by a faster hard hitting Russian before she has the chance to even face Serena or Venus. Just my opinion and intuition. :)

tennisIlove09
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by starr
I think no player will ever beat Venus & Serena.

That would mean 1 sister would play the slams, and that sister would have to win ;) [odds are, both sisters will play the slams, unless one is injured]

It's hard to say who will beat who first, just cause, we really don't know if Venus is playing any warm ups, Hopman Cup won't go toward year Win/Loss Record, and we don't know the Aussie Open Draw [someone we may pick may be on the opposite side of the draw ;) ]

Experimentee
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Next person to beat Venus will be Serena. Next person to beat Serena will be Kim, i think at Hopman Cup.

rfs1999
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Go Monica!

jenny161185
Dec 29th, 2002, 04:52 PM
i think it will be Lindsay or jennifer in Australia/ maybe Bovina and Monica though

JCAP
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Jennifer Kim are Lindsay!! Probbly Kim at the Hopman Cup

Jessica02
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:20 PM
I think Kim, Jen or Bovina.

Not Dani yet she's not speedy enough around the court yet.

Rubylips
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Well all 5 are good player"s.I just like to seat back andwatch ,a good game.

JCAP
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:41 PM
well said!!

[S@nti]
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Bovina and Zvonareva

Serendy Willick
Gee, we should have a thread on which players will be the first to beat Kim, Lindsay, and Jennfier.

Becool
Lindsday defeating Serena? For God sake!
She will never have a great moment again against Serena. Her last and also last one she'll do it for a great time was in US Open and Serena still came back!

Serena has a psychologic advantage against Lindsay so, I would risk her out of my list absolutely.

The first player to defeat Serena it's a tough question cause this year, the player to really really defeat her was Patty Schnyder so..

It's gonna be a surprise for sure. I don't see any top ten or five defeating Serena. It's gonna be a player lower for sure.

JCAP
Dec 29th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Never say Never!!

GrandSlammed
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Sampras? ...

o0O0o
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Whatever qualifier they play in the first round of Australia.

Bigkimfan
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by nuriboy
I donīt think Kim will beat Serena in the Hopman cup or AUs Open for that matter. Serena knows people are talking about how Kim will step up and bla bla. Thatīs why she will prove everybody wrong and teach Kim a lesson!

Or Kim will teach Serena a lesson and win twice in a row! She can do it!;)

Smart
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Kim may beat Serena or Venus first but Justine will be the one and only player who has beaten both girls in 2003.

Eleni4nr1
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:38 PM
I think Jennifer will beat them first.

nuriboy
Dec 30th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Hummm! Look what a first win can do for a person,eh?!! Kim beat serena for the FIRST time and all of sudden she is the favourite the beat her all of the time?! The ONLY person who can beat Serena consistently is her sister: Venus and thatīs why she will be the first do defeat her.

gossipcom
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:16 AM
I'll go with Kim in the Hopman Cup - it's either going to consolidate her win at WTA Championships or lead Serena to a revenge <g>

Hots4Safin
Dec 25th, 2003, 03:45 PM
interesting predictions

The Williams Conquerers in 2003

(Serena Williams)
Meghann Shaunnessy
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Amelie Mauresmo
Vera Zvonereva

Someone had Vera picked, and there was another ambitious poster who thought Justine would get them both. However is was Amelie who "beat" both sisters in 2003. I don't really like to count Warsaw, but Venus did step on the court to play so,....Amelie definitely beat Serena in one of the only collapses from Serena I've seen in a long time.

This thread also shows how HYPED Kim was at the time. Most people picked Kim...and she went winless in 2003. Hopefully Justine will recieve that same treatmeant from my girls in 2004.

Experimentee
Dec 25th, 2003, 03:53 PM
The first to defeat Venus was Serena. (I picked that, like some others :p)
The first to defeat Serena was Justine. (not many picked her)

bandabou
Dec 25th, 2003, 03:58 PM
interesting predictions

The Williams Conquerers in 2003

(Serena Williams)
Meghann Shaunnessy
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Amelie Mauresmo
Vera Zvonereva

Someone had Vera picked, and there was another ambitious poster who thought Justine would get them both. However is was Amelie who "beat" both sisters in 2003. I don't really like to count Warsaw, but Venus did step on the court to play so,....Amelie definitely beat Serena in one of the only collapses from Serena I've seen in a long time.

This thread also shows how HYPED Kim was at the time. Most people picked Kim...and she went winless in 2003. Hopefully Justine will recieve that same treatmeant from my girls in 2004.

Yeah at this time last year, it was Kim left and right.......look what became!

SerialKiller#69
Dec 25th, 2003, 06:08 PM
For Serena, it might as well be Venus in the QFs or the 3rd round..That'll be something.;) Judging by the way Venus played Serena in the Wimbledon final, I wouldn't be too surprised if a healthy Venus teach lil sis a tennis routine.;)

I still think it's Justine for Serena. Kim doesn't have that kind of drive that Justine has.

I have a feeling Myskina will soon establish herself as one of the elites, the first victim could be one of the Williams..

hey_britney
Dec 25th, 2003, 06:24 PM
A much more interesting thread would be, "Who will beat both sisters next year?"

2003 saw Amelie do it.

2002 watched Kim climb the mountain.

2001 had Hingis doing it up.

bracey
Dec 25th, 2003, 06:38 PM
A much more interesting thread would be, "Who will beat both sisters next year?"

2003 saw Amelie do it.

If I had to say anyone, I'd say............Myskina :)

johnboy4
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:03 PM
I second that

lizchris
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:19 PM

2003 saw Amelie do it.

After the 2001 AO, I don't think Hingis ever beat either sister again.

After 2002, Kim went 0-5 against Venus and Serena in 2003.

2004 is a question mark for Amelie, but if recent history is any indication, she won't beat both sister again in 2004 unless the tournament happens to be on clay and that isn't a given.

esquímaux
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:47 PM
I can't wait for the 2004 season. It's going to be awesome :bounce:

bandabou
Dec 25th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Seems like beating both Williamses or even one, isnīt a good career-move!

fammmmedspin
Dec 26th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Which ever Russian meets Venus in the AO 4 r , whoever gets her in the qf and who ever gets Serena in the SF has a reasonable chance.

hey_britney
Dec 26th, 2003, 05:42 AM
After the 2001 AO, I don't think Hingis ever beat either sister again.

After 2002, Kim went 0-5 against Venus and Serena in 2003.

2004 is a question mark for Amelie, but if recent history is any indication, she won't beat both sister again in 2004 unless the tournament happens to be on clay and that isn't a given.

And your point is what, Lizchris?

spudrsca
Dec 26th, 2003, 10:12 AM
I think Justine can beat the Two Williams next year on clay.
Even if Venus is way ahead on head to head, I don't think she would be favourite on clay against Justine :cool:

SerialKiller#69
Dec 26th, 2003, 10:35 AM

It's all bout head to heads.. :lol:

Experimentee
Dec 26th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Which ever Russian meets Venus in the AO 4 r , whoever gets her in the qf and who ever gets Serena in the SF has a reasonable chance.

So you think any player from Russia will beat Venus? :rolleyes:
Not every Russian is all that. There are some that are capable of a 4th rd but not capable of beating top players.

darrinbaker00
Dec 26th, 2003, 06:00 PM
In 2003, Serena :hearts: was the first to beat Venus :worship: (Aussie Open final) and Justine :fiery: was the first to beat Serena (Family Circle Cup final). In 2004, which I'm sure you meant to say, the ONLY players who will beat Venus and Serena are Venus and Serena. Next topic, please..... ;)

lizchris
Dec 26th, 2003, 06:31 PM

I didn't think I would have to point it out to you, but it is doubtful Amelie will beat either sister in 2004, but we will have to see.

kosmikgroove
Dec 26th, 2003, 11:47 PM
the answer to both of those sisters is safina ....

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

darrinbaker00
Dec 27th, 2003, 12:00 AM
the answer to both of those sisters is safina ....

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Maybe in '05, but not '04. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that Dinara will win her first major before her brother Marat wins his second. ;)