PDA

View Full Version : Petrova leads the way

GogoGirl
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:50 PM
http://www.wtafans.com/pages/pagenews_00013.html#

Petrova leads the way
The Gold Coast Bulletin
Posted on 28 December 2002 (+7GMT)

RUSSIAN players dominated the courts in round one of yesterday's qualifying matches at the Uncle Tobys Hardcourt womens' tennis tournament at the Royal Pines Resort.

Last year's semi-finalist, Russia's Nadia Petrova, yesterday thrashed the Czech Republic's Alena Vaskova 6-1, 6-0.

Petrova, ranked 112 in the world, was impressed with her performance and said she hoped she could maintain the strength of her game.

"It was a good game for me and I will be working now to maintain my strength and hopefully repeat my performance," said Petrova.

"But I was fairly tough with the ball when I started and I had to stop myself a little," she said.

Petrova also said she was happy to be back on the Gold Coast.

"It's good to be back and hopefully I can improve on last year's result," she said.

Eighteen-year-old Lina Krasnoroutskaya - another promising Russian - yesterday knocked Australian Sophie Ferguson out of the contention with a 6-1, 6-0 demolition job.

"Sure I'm happy, because I am in good condition," said Krasnoroutskaya yesterday after winning her match.

"But I can't predict how I will go," she said.

"One day you can wake up feeling good and it affects the way you perform.

"That's the same with the mental attitude - you just don't know what's going to happen."

Vincent
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:58 PM
GO LINA & NADIA:)
6-1 6-0 6-1 6-0...........

ASV
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:11 PM
:bounce::bounce:
LINA
:bounce::bounce:

novotnaquinton
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Great to see those potential Russian girls coming back!

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:43 PM
thanx for that piece :)

go Nadya and Lina !!!!!!!!!!

jrm
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:18 PM
i always knew she got in helself, Nadya that is

Becool
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Gooooo Nadiiiaaa!! :D

fresh2flash
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:55 PM
I like these scores :)

SM
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Lina was playing an Aussie junior not even top 100 itf and without a weapon so we cant be 100% how she played...but atleast she seemed confident.

still. well done to both...but Lina couldve had a bit more mercy ;)

Experimentee
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Lina lost a set in qualifying today so she doesnt seem to be in her best shape. Nadia won quite easily, i hope she goes far coz she likes playing in gold coast, she gave Venus a tough match last year.