PDA

View Full Version : Do things like the British Tour event, Indian 5k events hurt or help players?

selesfan1
Dec 28th, 2002, 02:53 AM
I'm not in any fom attacking the people playing these events or questioning their dignity or anything of the sort. A pointwas made in atv show that Mexico would have a better football team if more of its player played in Europe and elsewhere. I thought doesthis apply to the British our and Indian 5kevents. It does help them ern money butdoes it really help their tennis skills since the samepeopl compete in thes events nd 95are from the UK or in th INdian events 100% are from India. OPinions?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:06 AM
Well it's not going to really prepare you for tour competition, but I suppose it does have benefits. The top seeds are often ranked around 700-900, so you can get good experience playing those types of players. I guess it's also a good place to see where you stand (i.e. if you can't qualify or win a round in the main draw, don't waste your time pursuing a pro career).

SM
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:36 AM
more like if you cant make SEMIS consistently in these events no point in pursuing a pro career