PDA

View Full Version : Do you think players envy/are jealous of other players?!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Whether it is their ability to get the crowd behind them, their game or their life period. I think Kim is the perfect example, and yeah, this is my biassed opinion again because she just rules the world above all else! Anyway, if I were her opponent and I saw her doing those splits across the court, I would be thinking in my head, "Ugh, what a show off." And furthermore, the crowd loves it and they always get behind her. Plus, she has such a high profile relationship. I wouldn't be shocked if other players wanted to be her.

angele87
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:52 PM
I couldn't agree more Nwando :D

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:53 PM
lol Kim Power!

gourownway
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:56 PM
I think there is a bit of envy and jealousy going on but not to the point where they would not want to be themselves.

In this day in age these players all have strong personalities, you have to just to get by. I don't think they want to be anybody but themselves.

They may be saying, "hey I wish I could have that back hand," but they don't follow it up with, "gosh I wish I were her." They follow it up with, "I'm going work on it until I get that backhand."

MinskLynx
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:57 PM
No matter how much it is denied, women will be jealous of other womens' appearances. Subject: Anna Kournikova.
Especially with what she has managed to do with her appearance.

Lindsayfan
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:59 PM
who desires to be Clijsters? :eek:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Lindsayfan
who desires to be Clijsters? :eek:

Not that I have low self-esteem, or I hate my life, but I would love to be Kim for a day, just a day... or two. A day with Lleyton in it. LOL!

And I know Martina said in a German magazine once something about how Lleyton is someone who would make a good boyfriend to her if she were to date someone from the ATP. She must atleast envy Kim on that aspect, the fact that Kim can keep a man that she respects! But anyway, this was a while ago, and that wasn't a hit at Martina. I can imagine already what's to come in this thread.

nuriboy
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Maybe for other players, but I doubt that either Williams is jealous of any player on tour. I think that it is other way around. Players spent all this time playing junior,etc and the sisters come without playing any juniors and become better than all these players. I think must players are thinking: damn, what did I do all this time?!

angele87
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:12 PM
I'd love to be Kim Clijsters :D She's a great player with loads of talent... she's well known to a certain extent but not to the extent that she has no privacy, has got stalkers, etc... She's respected by nearly every tennis player and nearly every fan, whether they be her fans or not. She's got a great personality, is very caring, helpful and she never seems to be too down on herself or other people even if she has a bad match... and then of course there's the whole Lleyton Hewitt aspect :D :D

Lindsayfan
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:41 PM
i dont think players envy each other,specially champions dont envy anyone.

essielewis
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:51 PM
They may be saying, "hey I wish I could have that back hand," but they don't follow it up with, "gosh I wish I were her." They follow it up with, "I'm going work on it until I get that backhand."

If a player has self-esteem and is comfortable in her own body she would say that. I hope the women playing tennis love themselves enough to try to make their games better rather than sit around wishing she could be someone else.:rolleyes: That would be a total waste of time and energy.:sad:

I like Kim Cjisters because she seems like a lovely young woman and I think a lot of the players like her because of that.:hearts: