PDA

View Full Version : Serena Stars On HBO Tonight

GogoGirl
Dec 27th, 2002, 06:53 PM
"C U 2NITE - SERENA"

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=7477&bannerregion=

Serena Stars On HBO Tonight

Photo By Art Seitz By Adrianna Outlaw
12/27/2002

Top-ranked Serena Williams launched her acting career in the fall and will make a prime-time appearance on HBO tonight. The two-time U.S. Open champion isn't joining the cast of "Sex and the City", but she will be a featured guest "On The Record With Bob Costas" at 8 Eastern time tonight.

The 21-year-old Williams will review her sensational 2002 season that saw her sweep three straight Slams as well as discuss her future plans.

The show is scheduled to air again on Sunday at noon and Monday at 6 p.m.

harloo
Dec 27th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Ohhhh, I didn't know she was gonna be on tonight. I'm gonna have to tape it! Go Rena!!!:D

nuriboy
Dec 27th, 2002, 07:56 PM
There you go girl!!

miranda_lou
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Bob Costas knows ZERO about tennis so don't expect too much talk about that.:rolleyes: When Andre Agassi was on, Costas really showed his ignorance on the subject. Plus, he's always interrupting his guest. He's really annoying and I never watch unless there's someone I really want to see on there.:fiery: Guess that means I'll be watching tonight.:cool:

Rae Q.
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:15 PM
My mom's gonna tape it for me (I have to work tonight) but I can't wait to see it later on. Serena's my fav and I wish she was on talk shows and stuff a lot more. :o

Pureracket
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:09 AM
Joy,
Post about it.

BK4ever
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:11 AM
It was an ok interview, but now I'm listening to Bill Maher spew his bullshit about women and sports.

Pureracket
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:22 AM
I turned my television off. Any updates or summaries would be appreciated.

Did Serena say anything new? How did she look? Did it talk about her preparation for the Aussie Open?

WtaTour4Ever
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:55 AM
I didn't see the whole thing...nothing too much new that i hadn't heard before......the hair is still blond!
The talked about the fairytale story of Venus and Serena. How people like to cheer for the underdog, or just want someone else to win sometimes. She said she understood that , but hopefully not more than once or twice...would she lose.(I'm paraphrasing here...) ummmm She tries not to think of what she has done so far in tennis....higher goals.....maybe if/when she wins 10 more slams then she will look at it differently.

Like I said nothing too new, but it was good to see her. Too bad the hopman cup is not playing on espn.

Pureracket
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:58 AM
WtaTour4Ever,
Thanks. I was REALLY wondering about the blonde hair. I wonder if she's sticking with that for the '03.

Meesh
Dec 28th, 2002, 02:25 AM
Serena was asked about racism, she was asked if it is an "us" (Serena and V) against the world thing.... she said no it's her against the ball!
She was asked about her movie/tv career...
Then the show went downhill once she left......
they had Bill M. talk about Title IV, then they talked about Steroids, fans going crazy, the whole Pete Rose controversy, etc...

I was very disappointed... HBO's other sports show is much better. I think it's called Outside the Lines or something like that.. Mary Carillo is one of the reporters for it.

anton
Dec 28th, 2002, 10:24 AM
i hopefully wil catch it monday.
go serena but dont beat venus!!

PhoenixStorm
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:13 PM
yeah that other show with bryant gumbill and mary carillo rocks.
real sports?