PDA

View Full Version : Who hits with more power? Clijsters, Dementieva or Dokic?

DEETHELICK
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:38 PM
These girls hit the ball hard. And I mean hard, but they seem to be a slight nothc below Lindsay, Jen and Williams x 2.

I would have included Justine or Daniela, but they seem slighter in build and it appears that the above 3 outpower Juju and Dani.

So who hits the hardest?

Overall, it looks like Dokic's shots are the hardest.

But FH: Definitely Elena (nuclear weapon)
BH: Dokic (powerful!!)
Serve: Kim

And who has the power to challenege the top (game plan and power are two different things IMO).

kodeRED
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:07 PM
i think your analysis is right on...
Dementieva's Fh is slammin' and her backhand has power but it has an odd under spin to it tho..and the serve..hmmm all three of these ladies' serves are bad but Dementieva's has the most potential given her height and raquet head speed!!

ALLEZ DEMENTIEVA!!!!

jd4eva
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:29 PM
i agree with deethelick

Nacho
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Dementieva, I think :) (if only she had more accuracy...)

SM
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:38 PM
i think the bigger hitters struggle more with kims pace, and prefer the ball to come at them faster i guess? a reason maybe why kims been more successful witht 'em

treufreund
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:04 PM
I don't know who hits hardest but Kim hit the DEEPEST and most accurate. Also her shots are prettiest. :cool:

Monica@53
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:07 PM
i think dokic's shots are more powerful than the other girls pound for pound but i think clijsters' shots are the heaviest. i think clijsters serve is consistently harder than the other two.

treufreund
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:09 PM
The other thing about Kim shots that are tough when she is on is that she plays smart Hewittesque shots and cuts back on errors. If you can hit smart, heavy deep shots without many errors VERY good things happen.

o0O0o
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Dokic hits it harder than the Williams sisters.

I mean look at her recent matches against them, she lost because of things like her serve and speed and errors, but shot for shot she hits it harder and flatter than Venus and Serena. I think her power is underestimated (funny that we should underestimate her only strength :p )

As far as best serve and heaviness of shot, Clijsters is the best of the three. And Dementieva's forehand is a bigger shot than any shot that Kim or Jelena have.

In review:

Hardest shots: Jelena Dokic
Heaviest shots: Kim Clijsters
Single hardest shot: Dementieva forehand

Steffica Greles
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:54 AM
Kim hits the heaviest shots, NOT the fastest in regard to ball speed.

Kim times the ball earlier and hits with more aggressive spin than either Jelena or Elena.

I saw Dokic playing Elena in Amelia Island this year and it was Dokic who clearly had more weapons in her groundstrokes. Elena was overpowered.

Havok
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:15 AM
Dokic hit's it with the most power. she can whack that ball damn hard, and she has the best angles out ofthose 3. look at her match against Serena at the Masters. keep in consideration that she did have a broken foot/ankle( sorry don't remember which was broken). she was making Serena run like a maniac in some of their rallies. and i think i agree with oO0Oo that Dokic prob hits harder than the william sisters. also i think Jelena has an amazing serve, that is when it's on. she consistently hits her 1st serves 96+ m/h, and her second serves at 90-95 m/h. amazing power!

Kiswana
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Dementieva.

That's the only thing she does better than Clijsters and Dokic.

Becool
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Jelena hits hard cause that's the only thing she does in a match

tennisIlove09
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:16 AM
It's hard to say who hits with more power...cause they all have power. I say on a CONSISTENT basis, Clijsters is the biggest babe.

Dokic, hits a hard FLAT ball. That's why so many of her matches are boring :o either she hits the winner, or she misses [unlike the Williams/Clijsters/JenCap/Davenport who had slices, angles]

Dementieva is so inconsistent it's hard say. Her forehand is a big shot though.

Venus Forever
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Dokic Definitely.

Come-on-kim
Dec 27th, 2002, 06:56 AM
I think Jelena had a lot of power, but with her it's all or nothing!!

Kim has a little bit less power, but her balls are different, they are heaviest!! Kim is by far more consistant! If think that if she was hitting as flat as Jelena, she'll generate the same power but she isn't hitting like that!

Belgium = Best
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Kim :)

King Aaron
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Jelena hits the hardest. Very flat as well.

Kim, more accuracy.

Elena's forehand is her best weapon.

Glenn
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Elena Dementieva and Jelena Dokic might hit just as hard or harder than Kim Clijsters, but it means nothing as Kim as the better accuracy, variety, depth, speed and serve to destroy either one of them.

And what was that in post 1?
Justine gets overpowered by Dokic or Dementieva?
OH PLEASE, Dokic is so predictable Justine can just read what she's up to and Hantuchova owns a 4-0 record over Dokic.
Dementieva gets crushed by both.

treufreund
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Justine defeated Elena 6-3, 6-3 in LA and I believe she beat her the last two times they had played before that match. So JUSTINE OWNS ELENA!

vutt
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
... and Hantuchova owns a 4-0 record over Dokic...

Wrong!! It's 3-0 against "legs"
...but, yeah, it's ugly anyway :(

WtaTour4Ever
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Ok...whats a heavy ball as opposed to hitting a ball hard? And how do you learn to hit a heavy ball?

DEETHELICK
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Okay in regards to my 1st post, dman right Justine and Daniela do get overpowered by the three below.

I saw all of Justine vs Elena's matches (and yeah she killed Elena at the Aussie, but gave her a run at Wimby and LA) and Elena was hitting much bigger than Justine. Its the consistency and shot selection. What helps Justine win matches is that beautiful variety she has combined with power, but no way has she got more power than Elena. Shot for shot, Elena was blasting them at Juju, but as we've seen juju can handle any big hitter.

Elena was NOT overpowered by Jelena at AI 02. The score was 0-6 7-6 6-1 to Jelena if I remember correctly. For one set each they dominated the other with their power and one set was nailbightingly close. Elena can handle Jelena's pace no doubt about it. (Saw that match too btw!)

Daniela vs Jelena, that is one record I don't understand. One day Jelena will get her win.

I find the concept interesting that Jelena hits harder than Serena, as her shots look very powerful. Why is she not winning more matches. I agree with the all or nothing theory with Jelena, when she is on, its great to see, but she rarely is. Dokic makles some of the ugliest mistakes on a tennis court (as does my poor Elena).

I'm assuming a heavy ball is one hit with lots of spin? Dokic is a flat hitter, Kim hits with aggressive spin, so what does Elena do?

I think I agree with oO0Oo, Kim hits it heavy, Jelena hits it hard and Elena has the deadliest shot.

MinskLynx
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:40 PM
I agree with the all or nothing theory with Jelena, when she is on, its great to see, but she rarely is.

This plagues more than a few players. :sad:

SM
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:44 PM
Sabine Appelman's said of Serena Williams groundstroke:Australian 00
"She hits her forehand with a lot of topspin. ... It was very hard but it's different to the other girls. It's more like how the men play," said the 27-year-old Belgian, a quarterfinalist here in 1997

novotnaquinton
Dec 28th, 2002, 09:20 AM
I wonder why many people consider Dkic as the player with most power among three of them...
I think she has just hit the ball harder than Martina Hingis.

IMO, Kim hits the ball really hard; if you don't believe, watch her match against S.Williams in the Championships~