PDA

View Full Version : Did Serena start Winning Just in time to Get a Better Clothing Contract??

anton
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:16 PM
I wonder if the money motivated her?:eek:

Glenn
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:17 PM
I don't understand the topic.

Venus Forever
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:18 PM
I don't think the money motivated her, but the losing did.

This will definitely help her win a TREMENDOUS deal with someone, hopefully Puma.

I want that Cameroon outfit to come back.:D

TSequoia01
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:19 PM
No doubt the money motivated her. She wants a contract to rival big Sis's. Plus I read she is about to sign with Nike. :cool:

anton
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Glenn

she was not winning any grand slams in 2 or 3 years until her Puma contract almost expired.

anton
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
I don't think the money motivated her, but the losing did.

This will definitely help her win a TREMENDOUS deal with someone, hopefully Puma.

I want that Cameroon outfit to come back.:D

yes bring back the yeollow sSOCKS!!!:eek: :hearts:

nuriboy
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:36 PM
So what?! What´s the point?! If she can begin winning all of sudden just to land a contract more power to her! This does tell you that when she wants to win nobody can beat her!!

Deira
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:11 PM
I don't think Serena was motivated by money. It's not like she was improverished. She knew she should have won more slams since '99 and she had to prove to herself and everyone else that she could. A new contract with bigger bucks is just gravy.

MarcusRock
Dec 26th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by anton
she was not winning any grand slams in 2 or 3 years until her Puma contract almost expired. Merely coincidence, but great timing.

tennisfan1972
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:07 AM
he he he he

Jordan.
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:12 AM
I loved the Cameroon outfit :D The best outfit of all time..

Havok
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:19 AM
of course. with Serena it's not about the tennis, it's about the fame, money, glamour, etc. she's kinda fake and it's pissing me off

Infiniti2001
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:28 AM
of course. with Serena it's not about the tennis, it's about the fame, money, glamour, etc. she's kinda fake and it's pissing me off

Just imagine if she actually put her all into the tennis :rolleyes:

tennisIlove09
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:19 AM
I think it did. Maybe it helped "motivate" Venus to ;)

anton
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:11 AM
when does venus' clothing contract expire? i think she signed with reebok in beginning of 2001. i think its a 4 year deal so in goes through 2004.

Dawn Marie
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Hi ANTON!:D

and no, to answer your question. Serena said on Oprah that when she got hurt at the begining of OZ that she was so motivated to win as much as possible.

persond
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
Hi ANTON!:D

and no, to answer your question. Serena said on Oprah that when she got hurt at the begining of OZ that she was so motivated to win as much as possible.

:D :D Dawn, I too think it was more of a "personal thing" with Serena!!! The Sista was just "tired of losing" to players she knew she shouldn't!!! Nothing more, nothing less!!!:D :D

However, as someone else already stated, "the rest is just gravy"!!:D :D

tennisIlove09
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by anton
when does venus' clothing contract expire? i think she signed with reebok in beginning of 2001. i think its a 4 year deal so in goes through 2004.

Venus signed the 5 year, 40 million deal in the Fall of 2000. So it will conclude at the end of 2005 :)

Dawn Marie
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Agree! Agree! Agree!! GO RE RE!! lol

FEARLESS SERENA RULEZ!!:):D

harloo
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:55 AM
deng can't a sista get paid? Of course she did it for the money, and the fame. :rolleyes: :D. lol. Serena likes to shop, and she has to take care of her doo, and all her mutts. Did anyone see on MTV diary when she went pick up her dogs and her credit card was denied. LMAO! Well after that Rena wen't on to spank Jen in Miami. All she needed was a little motivation. Thanks American Express.

Also, I've heard that Monica was motivated by money also. Just a rumour though, don't know how true it is.;)

anton
Dec 27th, 2002, 06:12 AM
:D @ harloo!!

Monica is the Money Hungry Queen. When Steffi and Kournikova both pulled out of an expo in Memphis in 2000, who played? Monica and Mary Joe.

Penguin
Dec 27th, 2002, 07:38 AM

maybe coz there's a huge difference between 'winning' and 'wining' ;)

Experimentee
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:26 PM
She didnt do it for the money. She was already rich enough before she started winning, she only did it because she had a bad year last year and was really motivated to win, especially after her injury. Some of the crap people come up with to take credit away from Serena is just ridiculous :rolleyes:

King Lindsay
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Wait wait wait. Serena started wining? she's become a boozehound? I'm not really sure how you guys can think that hittin' the bottle is going to get her a better clothing contract.

Mrs. Peel
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:27 PM

After reading your posts..there is quite a few things you don't understand sonny...:p

GOOOO SERENA!!!!

Serendy Willick
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Gee, I guess the same thing could be said about Venus in 2000. Serena started winning because she was sick and tired of losing.

Dawn Marie
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Come on now it was all about getting tired of losing. Her last injury woke her up and made her "MAD". She knows that in tennis time is short that this year was the time to start winning the big ones again. Her contract is added bonus.:):)

Serena started winning because her groundies were more consistant, her serve was outstanding, and those angles drew errors from her opponents. Serena's GAME was the key factor imho.:)

Experimente I hear yah, on what your stating.:)
FEARLESS SERENA RULEZ:)

harloo
Dec 27th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Dayum, what's with all the seriousness? I know it's the off season but deng! Everyone knows that I love Rena, and it was just a joke. LOL. (Harloo ducks and leaves this thread before all hell breaks loose):confused:

venusfan
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Serena put Puma back on the map.. at least in my mind.. I bought a pair of Puma last year because I know Serena wore Puma.. gonna pay again this year if they just find a way to get more styles like Nike..

Anyway, I think Puma will do there best to keep Serena as I do not want to see Serena be anther boring Nike, same dress for all player.