PDA

View Full Version : Serena and Puma finished!

brehondavis
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:34 PM
I kno that serena's contract with puma is up in january, does anyone kno who she will sign with now ?
Perhaps nike?

matthias
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Serena should stay with PUMA
because it was unique
but with nike, or Adidas she would be one of fifthy

S-T-E-V-E
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:54 PM
I think too that she shall play in Puma. Most players wear thinks from nike and adidas. Puma only wear some players like serena, tatiana panova or anastasia myskina. Do you know other players which wear Puma?

I hope that she will not wear FILA. I love Jenny and Fila but serena in Fila? Terrible!!!

Experimentee
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:01 PM
I hope she will stay with Puma! Please Serena stay with Puma! They are my favourite brand and of course they are unique! I have not seen many players wearing Puma apart from Myskina and Serena. I wouldnt want her dressing the same as everyone else!

miranda_lou
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Can Puma afford Serena? That's what you should be asking.:rolleyes: If they can't come up with enough money then Serena should go with a brand that can afford her. She would be a total fool otherwise.:o She has no loyalty to Puma and Puma has no loyalty to Serena. She's the best in the world right now and she should go for a long-term contract in the $50-$100 million range.:cool: Since when does it matter what BRAND a player wears.:confused: The player wears the brand that pays them the most money. Whether Serena went with Nike, adidas or Fila, I have a feeling she would look good in everything she is asked to wear.:hearts:

PhoenixStorm
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:49 PM
I agree and disagree. Venus wore Reebok even when her contract had expired. That was loayalty. She could have worn anyone else to court that company but she did not.

Venus and Serena both stayed with their rakets even though the same thing had happened. I think Serena will give PUMA first dibs and I think they will give her what she deserves.

NIke treats its athletes like cattle I hope she wouldnt work for them.

miranda_lou
Dec 26th, 2002, 03:14 PM
I agree and disagree. Venus wore Reebok even when her contract had expired. That was loayalty. She could have worn anyone else to court that company but she did not.

Reebok gave Venus the biggest contract any woman athlete had ever received to get her to re-sign with them. Do you really think she would have done that simply out of loyalty?:rolleyes: She did it for the money and Reebok was evidently the highest bidder. The same with the racquet contract. Loyalty has nothing to do with it. There is no such thing as loyalty to a clothing or racquet company when you are a top player. That's why a player has an AGENT so he can deal with the potential endorsers and the player doesn't have to.

I'm not saying Serena won't re-sign with Puma, I simply ask if Puma had the money to re-sign her.:rolleyes: If they don't then Serena will go elsewhere. Those are the facts.:cool:

NIke treats its athletes like cattle I hope she wouldnt work for them.

I have no idea how Nike treats their athletes. I do know that they pay them well and that's all an athlete should care about.;)
All the athlete has to do is wear the clothes and maybe show up at a few events sponsored by Nike. In return they make a few bucks. How hard is that?:eek:

Andre Agassi has been with Nike for all of his career (17 years). They pay him MILLIONS. I can't imagine he would put up with being treated like "cattle" and Sampras went crawling back to Nike after leaving. Would he do that if he was being treated like "cattle"?

Infiniti2001
Dec 26th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Reebok gave Venus the biggest contract any woman athlete had ever received to get her to re-sign with them. Do you really think she would have done that simply out of loyalty?

A company respects and rewards those who have been loyal to them... So Of course part of it was because of her loyalty... She's been signed to them from the time she was a nobody at 12 years old , and wore their apparel even though her contract had expired... She only signed that massive contract AFTER she went on that 35 match winning streak (which included winning 2 slams, 2 olympic gold medals) in the summer of 2000--before that , there's was no guarantee that she would have received such a huge contract.

ASV
Dec 26th, 2002, 04:26 PM
I think that only Nike has the big bucks for Serena and that Serena's gonna drop Puma like a bad habit.

Dawn Marie
Dec 26th, 2002, 06:38 PM
I think Serena should sponsor herself and make her own clothes.:)

Venus Forever
Dec 26th, 2002, 06:54 PM
I don't think Serena is done with Puma just yet. I think she'll sign them on again with probably the biggest contract, even bigger than Venus'.

LucasArg
Dec 26th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
I think Serena should sponsor herself and make her own clothes.:)

I agree:D

nuriboy
Dec 26th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I don´ t think that Serena will drop Puma. I think she will stay loyal.

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 26th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Puma does not have the bucks for a "hot girl in hot pink"...

TSequoia01
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Goodbye Puma and hello Nike! Can you say 50 mil? :eek:

Dado
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:46 PM
I think Nike give her many millions if she will change...

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:02 AM
I think Serena should drop Puma and go to the oh so stylish line of Yonex clothing:rolleyes: Hello peach skirt!:o

BTW, whoever is lucky (and loaded enough) to land Serena, I'm sure she will have a major say in what she wears on court. She's not Monica who "just wears what they send me." If Serena gets something she hates, she will not be going out on court until she gets a catsuit:p I have a feeling Serena will have meetings with the clothing company to actually go over what she would like. After all, they are paying her $50 million, they might as well make her look good.

Dawn Marie
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:16 AM
I don't care who picks her up, or shall I say "WHO SERENA PICKS UP" just as long as she signs a HUGE contract that gives her more recongnition as a great tennis player, I am happy.

You know she is going to have all sorts of "pickings". She can choose what she wants to wear, the color, style, the make. They want her, and she will get whatever she wants.:)

Fearless Serena RULEZ:)

Becool
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:18 AM
I really hope she stays at Puma.

She wouldn't look a clone like Nike, Adidas or Fila players!

Havok
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:34 AM
is this really about the big bucks. if Serena does go with Nike becaus ehtey willoffer her more $ then i'm sorry but she's a big B*tch. she makes all kinds of money winning tournies anyways, and plus she's know for her wild dtyle with Puma,and what will happen if she switches to Nike. she'll be just plane jane at every tourie she plays. Nike had prety boring clothes IMO

BK4ever
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Naldo...why does she have to be a bitch if she follows the money :fiery:

Chasing the $ is the American way...

Either way, I think Puma will do whatever it takes to keep Serena. She is constantly keeping their name in the press in the past year.

Also, I'm sure if Serena goes with another brand, she will not wear what everyone else wears...GUARANTEED