PDA

View Full Version : If you get kids, will you try and make them professional players?

Glenn
Dec 25th, 2002, 02:47 PM
I have it all worked out already, LOL!
If I have children later, I'm going to let one of them start tennis at the age of 4, I'm going to hire her a professional coach and such too, so she can join the tour fulltime when she's 17.

*calculates*

Watch out for Cleo De Block in 2021! :hearts: :drool:

Lindsayfan
Dec 25th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
Watch out for Cleo De Block in 2021! :hearts: :drool:

watch out for Nicole Bianca too! :p

btw i will not force them to play tennis,they'll play it only if they love it.

Glenn
Dec 25th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Yea, me too of course, but at the age of 4 you can let them get to know tennis in a very playful way.
You can buy them a little racquet, and start throwing with the balls and such... and before they know it they're in the gym working those biceps!!!!! :drool:

rhz
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:10 PM
definately. being a tennis pro is one of my dreams that i faild to accomplished. I hope one of my kids would be a top tennis player in the future! please God let it be real! LOL

Jarrett
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Hopefully they will be interested in playing tennis. I am not going to make them play any sport that they don't want to.

venusfan
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:40 PM
yes I would... and hopefully by the time he/she is 16 I would be a millionaire

AgassiGirl16
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Yup, me too...Look for Corina Sydney in about 2020!

Mary Kate

DD
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:59 PM
i will introduced them to basketball, golf, tennis and athletics when they are about 6 so they could choose they want best when they are about 10

Princess Fiona
Dec 25th, 2002, 05:00 PM
The child will have my genes :o - nuh-huh!! ;)

Ryan
Dec 25th, 2002, 05:04 PM
I'll let my kids be interested in whatever they want to be interested in. I won't force anything on them except homework;).

Glenn
Dec 25th, 2002, 05:14 PM
That's the point, at the age of 4, they can't choose for themselves in what they are intrested... so you have to introduce them to sports or something else and it's just a matter of time before they start liking it themselves!

2ace2
Dec 25th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Well, I'll just introduce them to tennis, that's for sure. But it they don't like it, then I've got nothing against that :) And I won't try to make them pro's, I think I want my children to have a normal life, and a tennis player doesn't have a "normal" life. But of course, it's their choice

Come-on-kim
Dec 25th, 2002, 07:18 PM
For sure!!

Well, my girl or my son will always come with me and my wife to tennis, and when he'll be young, seeing her/his father play, (s)he will want to play too (Well, I hope) and then, they'll begin, and I'll let them play!! They'll do as more tennis as they want!! and so I'll always agree to drive them to tournaments, ...

irma
Dec 25th, 2002, 07:40 PM
after martina? never!

Lord Chips
Dec 25th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Megan Slater will be British number 1 by 2032 whilst Joshua Shane Mark Robert Kenneth Alexander Martyn Darren Trevor William Andrew Simon Joseph Paul Lawrence Slater will be an Rugby player playing for London Wasps or playing Cricket for Middlesex or maybe both

SM
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:52 PM
lol @ this thread...it doesnt matter when u start, hard work only gets u so far

most children play sport for fun and ill definately introduce my own to tennis, but not push them...why? i doubt i could stand "watching" them play soccer, netball etc whereas the tennis will be a blast

per4ever
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:31 PM
euhm no way..if they decide to become a professional player..then so be it...I'll never try to force them into something

lmoon1
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Hell no.