PDA

View Full Version : What was your initial reaction when you first saw your favorite player hit the ball?

selesadmirer
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:39 AM
I was like damn, she is awesome,i was shocked on how she could hit these 2 fisted shots,but i have to admit what brought me to her was aeeeh..It was the most amazing grunt i ever heard,i knew from that day she would be my favorite player..How about you??

nuriboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:44 AM
I have to fav´s:
Martina: I saw her during Rg´s 99 and she was hitting these backhands down the line...man things of beauty!!

Serena:
I saw during the us open: This girl had power and speed! Incredible...some of her services were like: damn!! You tried a dropshot on her?! Man, you got killed bad!!

Jordan.
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Vera Zvonareva : She hits a damn hard ball for her size

CB
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Martina Hingis: she can place it anywhere, do anything with it.

Anastasia Myskina: her backhand is just killer

i-girl
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:31 AM
it was love at first site:hearts: . Lindsay looks amazingly like a dear friend I once had, and so I liked her from the very first time I saw her. I didn't know anything about tennis back then, but what I most like now about the way Lindsay hits the ball is how cleanly and accurately she hits it.

auntie janie
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Justine was playing Kournikova in the US Open. I think it was in 2000. I already liked her, but had yet to see her play. The announcers were praising her game! But, to be honest, I was thinking, "DO YOU HAVE TO HIT SO MANY ERRORS????" :D:D:D:D:D

Sam L
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Well how can somone become your favourite within a few strokes of shots? :confused: For me, it takes months for a player to grow on me.

auntie janie
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:58 AM
I immediately liked everything about Justine! Her gutsiness combined with her slight size; the fact that she won the first WTA tournment she played (I like all the players who can do this, getting the hurdle of that first title out of the way in their first week!); her astonishing one-handed backhand; her courage in dealing with the death of her mother; her intensity.

Glenn
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Justine: OMG, SHE'S SO SMALL AND HER BACKHAND IS SUCH A KILLER!!! :eek:

Kim: Wow, that girl has the most dynamic shots I've ever seen, and her drive volleys are amazing! (but most of all I was impressed with her amazing speed and splits)

Clarisa: For a newcomer she hits damn precise and her forehand is an obvious killer shot!

Martina: It's like she controls the ball with her mind :eek:

auntie janie
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Justine is Allen Iverson with a tennis racket (and without the tattoos). :D

Glenn
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by janie
She is Allen Iverson with a tennis racket (and without the tattoos). :D

Please say your fave's name too :)

Volcana
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Player - Venus

Reaction - "Wow, the racket's bigger than she is"

THat was 15 years agao of course. She's taller now.:)

Mattographer
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:48 PM
I can't remember at all but I saw Bianka Lamande (against Venus Williams at Roland Garros 2002) for first time and my reaction was, "Whoa! She's so taller and her serve was powerful!" when Lamande serve during the match.

BTW - Bianka Lamande is not my favourite player :o But she's a good player when she was in fine forms...

Devin2.0
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:04 AM
The first time I saw Steffi, I thought, "wow, a ballerina on a tennis court"

TS
Dec 25th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Oh good she can play tennis.

Nimi
Dec 25th, 2002, 01:06 PM
"This Capriati girl has a cool name. Wow, how did she do that?"

Bероника
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:20 PM
impressed.I was impressed by Monica's fury when hitting the ball,and that famous grunt too.I had never seen such a killer instinct when someone plays tennis.

irma
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I thought that's how I want to be!;)