PDA

View Full Version : MONICA'S NEXT VICTIMS...

treufreund
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:53 AM
I remember at the end of 2001 Monica was talking about how she was having trouble beating the players ranked ahead of her. She had made a goal in her hide in IMO to beat all of these players. I was thinking about how hard she played Venus in Oz and in LA and against Lindsay in LA and Jenn in Miami (where she lost) She lost three in a row to Hingis this year but then beat Martina after her "comeback" if you consider that a comeback. But she had already beaten Serena, Jenn and Martina last summer.

So in 2003 she is really gonna be gunning for Serena and Jennifer IMO. She did not get to beat them this year and it just seems like when she played Lindsay and Venus that it was like life and death for Monica to win. She also fought incredibly hard in Miami but lost 7-6 in the third after Capriati had fought off a lot of set points and even some match points.

What do you Seles fans think? Does Monica get really fired up against these top players? I think she goes into a different mode and wants to beat them so bad. So I think Serena and Jennifer are gonna be her next victims and if Venus, Lindsay or a healthy Martina play her she is gonna give it her all too. Daniela also felt Monica's fury and so has Kim several times.

"Topaz"
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:08 AM
As Mary Carillio put it last year, when big babes lose weight their tennis IQ goes up. I believe if Monica sheds a few pounds, anything can happen. She's close but needs that extra zip to go over the hump.

treufreund
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Mary is just too much!

I hope Monica comes back fitter than ever and blows Jenn, Venus, Serena off the court. :cool:

nuriboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:14 AM
Exactly Tennispower....she needs to improve on her stamina and I think that she can compete with the other players.