PDA

View Full Version : MONICA'S CHANCES AT AO?

tyk101
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:50 PM
She'll get to the quarters as long as she doesn't meet Davernport in the 4th round.

Ideal route to the title

quarters: seles d. Capriati 7-6 7-5
semis : seles d. venus 7-6 4-6 7-6
final

tyk101
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:51 PM
final
seles d. clijsters 4-6 6-3 7-5

nuriboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:15 PM
That would be a great thing to happen....justice,justice!! But right now she isnīt a favourite. There are at least 5 or 6 players above her
Serena
Venus
Kim
Jennifer
Lindsay with healty knee
Monica ?!

Crazy Canuck
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure that I would say Kim and Lindsay should actually be favoured that much more than her.

LIndsay hasn't won a title since she came back, and hasn't won a slam since 2000. Granted, her last slam was Australia. I just don't think this makes her a shining favourite. She lost her last match to MOnica I lost.

Kim doesn't have a good record against Monica. Granted, she just beat Serena. But her record against the Williams sisters isn't fanstastic either. Furthermore, she has never won a slam, yet.

nuriboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:23 AM
AGreed with you Rebecca....thatīs what Iīm telling everybody. Kim beats Serena for the first time( Serena wasnīt even at her best) and suddenly she is the favourite to win the calendar GS?!! Gotta be kidding me!! Monica can make some noise, for sure!!

oggie
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:05 AM
There are few players with better chances than Monica, but with a bit of luck, I could see her winning it. Venus is usually rusty and unprepared for AO; plus, lets remember that this is not an ordinary hardcourt, and the fact that it is much slower should favour Monica. Last year Monica had a huge chance to win it and she really blew it.

Celeste
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:08 AM
They'll be tons of hype and murder for anyone who doesn't think she will win. But chances are she'll fold faster than a linen tablecloth after Thanksgiving when she meets someone in the Top 10. She only hired that fitness guy less than a month ago. Is he really going to make her over in 6 weeks?

spencercarlos
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:54 AM
LOL i will pay to see Monica Making noise at AO. Sorry Monica i ma a true fan of you but last year after beating an injured Venus Williams went on to fail to Martina Hingis whom she had beaten the 2 previous times, and which hurts more, after winning the first set of that semifinal.

If the sisters wonīt play maybe she can reach semis or final, but i doubt she can win. Anyway Good Luck for her at AO 2003

banana
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:43 AM
umm sorry but tht semifinal result won't happen the 3rd set in oz is advantage

tennisIlove09
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:19 AM
this is rebound ace, which is the Williams LEAST favorite surface [quick fact: all three times a player has beaten Venus/Serena back to back has been on Rebound Ace Graf/Arantxa in Sydney, Hingis at the Aussie]

But, should Clijsters/Capriati each take out a sister, or one takes out a sister, the other pushes the other hard, Monica could have a chance. But I can't see Seles beating both, or one sister without some help