PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams Vstarr Interiors Website

PhoenixStorm
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:12 PM
Vstar Interiors (http://www.vstarrinteriors.com/)

Pureracket
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:22 PM
Nice website.

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:15 PM
Very impressive website and wonderful samples.
VENUS never ceases to amaze me and I am not easily impressed. :)

Deira
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:53 PM
Classy, just like my girl Venus :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:57 PM
Wow. My initial impression was "oh cute, Venus started a business." I kind of thought it would be like Michael Jordan's cologne where it's under her name, but she's not really involved with the products or the business side of it. I guess I'm dead wrong. Venus really will have something going for her when she decides to leave the game. Way to go, V!:D

Dawn Marie
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:58 AM
I'm not surprised and I am so happy for her.:) Keep on keepin' on.:)

tennisIlove09
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Classy, elegant...hmmm just like Venus

Celeste
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Nice website and nice pictures! I totally want Venus to design my house. How much does she charge, and will she send a flunky or do I get real one-on-one time with "Ghetto Cinderella." Really, no joke, the designs are nice, I would totally hire Venus, but much like Chris' "Evert Academy" that rarely features the Ice Maiden herself, do clients of Venus' company get the "real deal" or do we get a Venus flunky? I won't pay a bunch if it's a flunky. I want at least one meeting with Venus in my rooms and all, you know what I mean?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Well, I'm sure she could meet you personally, but it would be very similar to what they do at Nick Bolletieri's. To get a private lesson there is $70. To get a private lesson with Bolletieri himself is $750. I'm sure with Venus the inflation would be worse. I'm sure for Venus to come over personally, her rationale would be "I could be winning a Tier I title this week and collecting an $80,000 check. Instead, I'm collecting an $80,000 check from you.";)

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:48 AM
You keep going Vee. I love those designs. For sure she can feel free to drop by my house anytime. You take it to them Vee.

anton
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:21 AM
good luck venus!!

gentenaire
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:12 AM
The website looks very nice.

The designs aren't really my style.

Glenn
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:04 AM
She likes it very romantic and farm-style, so it seems.
You go Venus! Really nice stuff!

gentenaire
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:07 AM
farm-style? :confused: That's anything but farm-style, Glenn.
It's more palace/castle style. It's a bit too kitchy for my taste, but to each their own.

Glenn
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
farm-style? :confused: That's anything but farm-style, Glenn.
It's more palace/castle style. It's a bit too kitchy for my taste, but to each their own.

After taking a closer look at them... you're right.
Although I think those 3rd and 6th photo's are more farm-style! :)

essielewis
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:42 AM
My stupid computer is so slow. I don't have time this morning to view the site so I'll wait until I have time. I want to enjoy the site without having to rush.:)

Well, I'm sure she could meet you personally

I seriously doubt Venus will meet just anybody "personally." Remember, there are crazies out there and she's a star.:mad: I think the lady Venus hired to run the company would be the one to do the meeting at first and I have a feeling your finances would be thoroughly checked to make sure you can afford those services.;) Then, you might meet Ms. VStarr.:kiss: But, high-end, famous interior designers don't take on just anybody off the street.:eek: Venus' company isn't like J.C. Penney Home Decorating.:rolleyes:

She likes it very romantic and farm-style, so it seems.

But, I'm sure she could "moderate" her style to suit exactly what her clients want.:cool: After all, that's what a designer does, intrepret your style.

gentenaire
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by essielewis
But, I'm sure she could "moderate" her style to suit exactly what her clients want.:cool: After all, that's what a designer does, intrepret your style.

Yes and no. Designers do interpreted the owner's wishes, yet every designer has a certain style. A designer will often refuse certain projects that don't agree with his own style. You'll never see Sir Norman Foster design something as you see here, nor can I see Venus design contemporary minimalistic. The examples on the website show the general feel and style Vstarr designs goes for.

tfannis
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Nice website but REALLY NOT my style :o very ewwwie if you ask me ;) But hey, everybody has his own taste :)

iluvtrent
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Classy, yet understated, love the the colors! Good Luck, Vee!

Janet
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Venus will do great at what ever her hands touches!! she is realy class act to follow................you can see something is awaiting her destiny when she hangs up her racket!!!!!!! very smart young lady..............all the best in her new advantures, she will do great

GrandSlammed
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:35 PM
I'd leave what Venus and associates can and can't design... up to them...

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Cant some of you just congratulate without the :o and the it's not my style...This is not about you and your taste...:o

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:31 PM
BTW, seen the webby before, great job V...:kiss:

The Crow
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:34 PM
TS, this is a discussion board. People can give their opinion, even if you don't like it.

The Crow
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:03 PM
I have to say I really don't like what I see. Whenever I see V's dresses, tennis outfits I'm :hearts: and :drool: So I kinda thought she had the same taste as me. Not in interior design though, that's for sure. Oh well, we can't all be alike I guess ;)

gentenaire
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Exactly, Joris. I've always liked Venus's dresses, she's usually the best dressed on court.

Dawn Marie
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:43 PM
That she is, the BEST dressed on the courts.

The fact that people are in here posting about Venus and her other talents have me feeling proud to be her fan. Venus CLEARLY is a creative person, and with creation, some like your style and some don't. I'm glad people are talking about it, either way.:)

tfannis
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by TopShotta
Cant some of you just congratulate without the :o and the it's not my style...This is not about you and your taste...:o

Sure this is about us and our taste :) ...that's what this board is all about...saying you like it is also sharing an opinion you know ;)...and you have to congratulate?...oh well :rolleyes:

I also like her dresses, most of them, not all of them...the Gold Coast (and Austr.Open?) thing wasn't all that imo...but the US Open dress was nice :)
But these designes are a disappointment :sad:

anton
Dec 25th, 2002, 12:02 AM
i dont really like thw website. she should have picked somebody else to do it. looks like her sister lyn did it. it has too many graphics and the flash is too much.

Ballbasher
Mar 10th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Jelena should totally hire Venus to design her mansion. :p

Kiki4Ever
Mar 10th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Smart & business savvy sporting icon. You just gotta love Venus' drive & passion for what she does :hearts: utterly inspiring.

I heard she's designing Serena's new mansion to be completed this Summer :cool:

Foxy
Mar 10th, 2014, 06:04 PM
The website looks very nice.

The designs aren't really my style.

You're looking at the portfolio of the styles she has designed for the clients taste. Just in case you guys don't know; Venus is not only designing exclusive homes, but she's designing hotel suites, athletic clubs, spa's, schools, commercial buildings, etc. Venus is into a lot of things.

It amazes me that people still think Tennis was the goal for both Serena and Venus. It never was. Richard always said that tennis was the MEANS TO GAIN WEALTH so that they could go into business and do what they wanted to do. The fact that they've won slams, titles, gold medals, was just the icing on the cake.

But the vision for Richard, Oracene and his family was ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY and how each child would fit into the bigger picture. Richard and Oracene was the brains behind the plan. Serena and Venus was always going to be the money makers. Isha was going to be the Lawyer to keep the legal aspects of their business. Yetunde was the nurse and Lynn was the IT person. :lol::lol:

Richard is a GENIUS, and everybody bought into his and Oracene's plan and the whole family is filthy rich because of teamwork. :lol:

I laugh because people keep saying that Venus has something to fall back on after she retires. Well she and Serena were millionaires before they won anything. Tennis was the money maker like people with businesses make money, and those who have jobs go to work to make money for the family.

The END GOAL that Richard had for both Venus and Serena, was NEVER EVER TENNIS. It WAS and STILL IS BUSINESS. DUHHHHH :lol: Tennis is the MONEY MACHINE ;) Why do you think they keep opening up these businesses (interior design companys, nail salons, jamba juices, clothing lines, real estate, etc.) The money from tennis is funding these business ventures and gives them the clout they need to do whatever they want.

Tennis is short-term, Business is the long-term end goal. Athletes are NOT remembered for anything after they have long left the sport, but a successful business person who can deliver products that the consumers want is FOREVER RELEVANT.

Don't you guys understand the American CAPITALISTIC system in which we Americans live in, and that same system that RUNS THE WORLD. Venus and Serena forever has a seat at the table where decisions are made because they have businesses, fame, and fortune.

The Witch-king
Mar 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Oh my God. Why are we bumping threads from 2002?

MMJSL
Mar 10th, 2014, 06:53 PM
So who is the better business woman(not spokesperson)? Venus or Masha? :oh:

Spring Pools
Mar 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Jelena should totally hire Venus to design her mansion. :p

Nope - it's gonna be Cynthia B. Zimmerman with her fierce mohawk floors

tennisbum79
Mar 10th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Well, they are in different kind of business.

I would say is Venus is running a socially responsible business where profit margin is not necessarily the overriding motivation.
Affecting people lives in positive way is central.

Also , Venus does not derive income from endorsement as much as Maria does.

Ballbasher
Mar 10th, 2014, 07:13 PM
You're looking at the portfolio of the styles she has designed for the clients taste. Just in case you guys don't know; Venus is not only designing exclusive homes, but she's designing hotel suites, athletic clubs, spa's, schools, commercial buildings, etc. Venus is into a lot of things.

It amazes me that people still think Tennis was the goal for both Serena and Venus. It never was. Richard always said that tennis was the MEANS TO GAIN WEALTH so that they could go into business and do what they wanted to do. The fact that they've won slams, titles, gold medals, was just the icing on the cake.

But the vision for Richard, Oracene and his family was ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY and how each child would fit into the bigger picture. Richard and Oracene was the brains behind the plan. Serena and Venus was always going to be the money makers. Isha was going to be the Lawyer to keep the legal aspects of their business. Yetunde was the nurse and Lynn was the IT person. :lol::lol:

Richard is a GENIUS, and everybody bought into his and Oracene's plan and the whole family is filthy rich because of teamwork. :lol:

I laugh because people keep saying that Venus has something to fall back on after she retires. Well she and Serena were millionaires before they won anything. Tennis was the money maker like people with businesses make money, and those who have jobs go to work to make money for the family.

The END GOAL that Richard had for both Venus and Serena, was NEVER EVER TENNIS. It WAS and STILL IS BUSINESS. DUHHHHH :lol: Tennis is the MONEY MACHINE ;) Why do you think they keep opening up these businesses (interior design companys, nail salons, jamba juices, clothing lines, real estate, etc.) The money from tennis is funding these business ventures and gives them the clout they need to do whatever they want.

Tennis is short-term, Business is the long-term end goal. Athletes are NOT remembered for anything after they have long left the sport, but a successful business person who can deliver products that the consumers want is FOREVER RELEVANT.

Don't you guys understand the American CAPITALISTIC system in which we Americans live in, and that same system that RUNS THE WORLD. Venus and Serena forever has a seat at the table where decisions are made because they have businesses, fame, and fortune.

They certainly care about tennis though. ;) Otherwise they wouldn't be playing anymore!

Ballbasher
Mar 10th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Nope - it's gonna be Cynthia B. Zimmerman with her fierce mohawk floors
Jelena certainly doesn't have that serious personality to match them.

Compton Great
Mar 10th, 2014, 07:25 PM

Venus is doing interior design for clients like Miami InterContinental, Gruntpova is selling diabetes to kids.

http://www.hospitalitydesign.com/hospitalitydesign/industry-news/InterContinental-Mia-7347.shtml

ranfurly
Mar 10th, 2014, 09:22 PM
She has pretty good taste,

very opulent and lavish

Sammo
Mar 10th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Those designs are nice but they aren't exactly other-worldly...

edificio
Mar 10th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Must they be otherworldly or even groundbreaking? Is that just an expectation because it is the company of a famous tennis player? It must be difficult to branch out if everything else you do must be as stellar as your career.

Set It Off
Mar 10th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Venus is doing interior design for clients like Miami InterContinental, Gruntpova is selling diabetes to kids.

http://www.hospitalitydesign.com/hospitalitydesign/industry-news/InterContinental-Mia-7347.shtml

Yes, yes Venus is doing wonderful. Even as she is working one profession she's self promotes her others professions. Such as having a clothing booth at tourneys and showcasing her apparel line, EleVen, in a World Team Tennis format exhibition at the 2013 Family Circle Cup. Work Venus girl, work honey chile!

edificio
Mar 10th, 2014, 09:48 PM
She needs to update that Web site. It is looking old-fashioned, and it is copyrighted 2011.

jacobruiz
Mar 10th, 2014, 10:03 PM

I would say is Venus is running a socially responsible business where profit margin is not necessarily the overriding motivation.

Maria donates quite a bit of money to her charitable foundation and other causes. A portion of Sugarpova profits goes to fund aid projects for those affected by the Chernobyl nuclear explosion.

Making money for her company and to aid charities - not a bad idea for any young person. :D

Infiniti2001
Mar 10th, 2014, 10:04 PM

She also did some work for a hotel in the Cayman islands. Venus is business savvy... She's selling her own wares--after all she wants to be like Magic Johnson--another all time fav of mine :hearts:

tennisbum79
Mar 10th, 2014, 10:29 PM
From Venus website under 'About Us.'

Our philosophy is rooted in the firm belief that relationships are what create success.
We work closely with you to create synergistic timeless design to meet your objectives today and to grow with you into the future.

VISION
V Stars vision is to create exceptional environments for our clients that meet unique project specifications.
We donít simply design for design sake, instead we design for the customers, employees and visitors; the people who will use the space long after the design is completed.
Simply put, we place people at the center of our work.

SocaBrainwash
Mar 10th, 2014, 10:46 PM
The tan one with the pool table in the back is gorgeous.

Kunal
Mar 11th, 2014, 01:11 AM
supre nice

mdterp01
Mar 11th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Fabulous interior style. J'adore!!!

Stamp Paid
Mar 11th, 2014, 02:32 AM

Also , Venus does not derive income from endorsement as much as Maria does.
Throw a little shade. :lol:

Caesar1844
Mar 11th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Player forum. :rolleyes:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 11th, 2014, 02:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sWi4v4T.png

tennisbum79
Mar 11th, 2014, 02:56 AM
FYI - The thread was created more than 11 years ago; precisely on December 23, 2002.

tennisbum79
Mar 11th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Throw a little shade. :lol:
Was unintentional if that is what came across.

I wrote it based on Venus website mission statement; some of which I posted in this thread.
And what I wrote about Maria's other source of income is public information.

If the juxtaposition suggested what you're saying, that was unfortunate.

mdterp01
Mar 11th, 2014, 03:24 AM

You're late as f*ck for requesting player forum given the date this thread started.

rotasema
Mar 11th, 2014, 03:39 AM
glad to see this back in discussion

Couver
Mar 11th, 2014, 03:54 AM
You're late as f*ck for requesting player forum given the date this thread started.

12 years!

:hysteric: :sobbing:

Caesar1844
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Doesn't really matter when it was started. Mods can move threads any time. :shrug:

tennisbum79
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Doesn't really matter when it was started. Mods can move threads any time. :shrug:
They won't.

I bet you did not see the thread creation date.

Why don't you say, I am sorry, I thought it was just created.. and save face.

What make you think the mods will move a thread which has been in GM for 11years just because you ask?

Caesar1844
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:35 AM
I guarantee it will not be moved. The mods on this forum are the lapdogs of Veetards and Reetards.

That does not mean I cannot point out that it belongs on the player forum. Which it does - regardless of when it was created. If it related to any other player, it would be locked or moved.

:wavey:

Set It Off
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:39 AM
I guarantee it will not be moved. The mods on this forum are the lapdogs of Veetards and Reetards.

That does not mean I cannot point out that it belongs on the player forum. Which it does - regardless of when it was created. If it related to any other player, it would be locked or moved.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d5fee83bba6d263e335a20a7bcae22f6/tumblr_inline_n1uanreJYQ1r6jw5x.gif

andyjason
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Player forum. lol

tennisbum79
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:47 AM

You also asked this thread "Empress Jankovic moves in her San Diego mansion." to be moved.
If the mods do not follow your commend and move it, who would be the people intimadating them?
It wouldn't certainly be the Veetards and Reetards

This is a lie.. and you know it.

You have misplaced anger against Venus and Serena, I wonder why.

motorhead
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:50 AM
can't wait to have my interiors furnished by her. I've just booked a consultation.

edificio
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:57 AM
can't wait to have my interiors furnished by her. I've just booked a consultation.

That sounds a little :oh:

Caesar1844
Mar 11th, 2014, 04:58 AM
You also asked this thread "Empress Jankovic moves in her San Diego mansion." to be moved.
If the mods do not follow your commend and move it, who would be the people intimadating them?
It wouldn't certainly be the Veetards and Reetards

This is a lie.. and you know it.

You have misplaced anger against Venus and Serena, I wonder why.
Of course the other thread won't be moved. If it is and the mods leave this one here, the double standards will be obvious.

Fact remains that there are dozens of threads in GM for Venus and Serena that would be turfed to player forums for any other player. :shrug:

Every Veetard and Reetard on this site knows that the mods are their bitches. See how they run to their mommies whenever their fave is criticised. Hilarious that you pretend otherwise.

Now go on, mash that report button like a good little Veetard. You know you want to. :wavey:

iWill
Mar 11th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Caesar, GM is Serena and Venus' player forum :bigwave:

tennisbum79
Mar 11th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Of course the other thread won't be moved. If it is and the mods leave this one here, the double standards will be obvious.

Fact remains that there are dozens of threads in GM for Venus and Serena that would be turfed to player forums for any other player. :shrug:

Every Veetard and Reetard on this site knows that the mods are their bitches. See how they run to their mommies whenever their fave is criticised. Hilarious that you pretend otherwise. :wavey:
I see what you're doing.

You have set it up nicely so that either way, it is the WS fans fault.

If for example, Maria, Vika, Li Na, Aga threads are not moved, it is because the mods do not want to be accused of double standards.

OTH, if Venus or Serena threads are not moved, it is because their fans bully the mods.

mdterp01
Mar 11th, 2014, 05:09 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/d5fee83bba6d263e335a20a7bcae22f6/tumblr_inline_n1uanreJYQ1r6jw5x.gif

:yeah: EXACTLY!!!!

Marcus1979
Mar 11th, 2014, 05:37 AM

Claiming the moderators and Administrators of this forum are biased and lack integrity :eek:

I guess based on these kinds of accusations A holiday for you may not be far off :angel:

Caesar1844
Mar 11th, 2014, 05:53 AM
God forbid someone point out that the emperor has no clothes.

Set It Off
Mar 11th, 2014, 06:50 AM

Will you stop trying to bully this thread out of GM? This is what a bully gets.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/owned/grand/31974588-owned.gif

Marcus1979
Mar 11th, 2014, 06:54 AM

http://perfectlycursedlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/41806-Emma-Stone-are-you-crying-gif-71rm.gif

Safina
Mar 11th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Regardless of the date of the thread, I also think it should be moved :shrug:

And why are 12 year old threads being bumped anyway?