PDA

View Full Version : Hingis announces retirement! (mod edit: Warning - bad joke)

Volcana
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:59 PM
In 2015.

Take your time before exacting vengeance. I'm expecting it now. It would be way better if you blind-sided me.:)

england_rules
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:00 PM
Don't you ever do that again! I almost cried for a second!

tenn_ace
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:03 PM
was that supposed to funny?

ha-ha-ha:rolleyes:

ran out of statistics to post? :confused:

Chris
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:05 PM
omg, dont ever do that again!

Volcana
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:10 PM
tenn_ace - Well, yeah. It's not like I wished any bad on her. However, feel free to nuke me in return. It's off-season. We need to keep ourselves busy. Try to be funny. Think of me as an easy bar to get over. Or an easy bar to get over in.:)

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:14 PM
You scared me even I don't like her! :o

Havok
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
holy crap, you made my heart race 1 million miles. good one, considering it was a joke, but i suggest that nobody does this because it can probably cause harm to die-hard fans of the players.:)

Capriati
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
aaaah you scared me for a bit there!

valeria
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:18 PM
Volcana, i feel sorry for you. don't you have anything better to do with your time?

TatiAnnahølic
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:19 PM
Volcana you scared me too :mad:

Volcana
valeria - Right now, I'm writing a very large, very complex program that uses up time with it's iterations. I visit WTAWorld during test runs.

Martian KC
OMFG! I almost had a heart attack!

Berlin_Calling
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:20 PM
Omg, I was soo fuckin scared and sad for like 10 seconds cause this fuckin page wouldnt load fast!! :sad: :fiery:

nuriboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:24 PM
Man! This is a bad joke!! I was: no, it can´t be!! Don´t do that again Volcana!!

Volcana
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
I promise I won't do it agin where Martina is concerned. I'll warn you now though, I heard a rumor Serena won't defend RG becasue she's got a big role inthe next Halle Berry movie. I only warn you now cause you'll all forget by then.

iluvtennis
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:26 PM
OMG!!! My heart really stopped for a few seconds!!! I'm telling you...i was already walking in that tunnel...seeing the light!!...Gosh! You scared me! I mean...2015!!! ;)

Ryan
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:31 PM
:eek: I was so scared for a second, but it WAS too funny to not smile at. ;) Hopefully hingis will be around that long. :D

Venus Forever
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:31 PM
I knew it was a joke when I saw it.;)

Glenn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
WHAT?!?
In 2015 already?!? :sad:

:p

rated_next
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:40 PM
what an idiot

anton
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
:(

tenn_ace
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Volcana
tenn_ace - Well, yeah. It's not like I wished any bad on her. However, feel free to nuke me in return. It's off-season. We need to keep ourselves busy. Try to be funny. Think of me as an easy bar to get over. Or an easy bar to get over in.:)

o'k:p

Pureracket
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:47 PM
I guess you'll yell, "Fire," in a movie theater next, eh?

WtaTour4Ever
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:49 PM
man....you ain't even right.............................

GrandSlammed
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:56 PM
Drop the 1 and replace it with a 0 and you will be onto something.

Calliope.
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:02 PM
:mad: :fiery:

Ma. Estefania
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:02 PM
God, you scared me!!!!!
Don't do that ever again!

Come-on-kim
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:16 PM
I was having an heart attack

Jeff
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:49 PM
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Funny post :D :D :D

N O T :fiery: :fiery:

MartinaI
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:50 PM
Always read who posted the message, just ignore anything Volcana writes seeing as its all rubbish

jrm
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:55 PM
ah it was too good ...

Oizo
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:05 PM
Very smart thread...:rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:22 PM
Very funny post! :)
These are the kind of shocker threads that I like to start and get the boards collective juices flowing faster and hotter. :)

However, we may be saying goodbye to Hingis and most of the top ten by 2006-7 anyway. :)

BK4ever
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:28 PM
damn...

Messenger
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by tenn_ace
was that supposed to funny?

ha-ha-ha:rolleyes:

ran out of statistics to post? :confused:

What is wrong with statistics?

auntie janie
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:54 PM
That was horrible. Such fun for you, Volcana, to torture others here. :p

-Sonic-
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:00 PM
I was half wanting to go to yahoo sports to see if it was true and half wanting to ignore it cos 'it just had to be false'. did scare me a lil tho.

spiceboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Well done Volcana, at least you spiced up this boring December for a couple of seconds ;)

"Topaz"
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:23 AM
But why did you choose Martina, Volcana?

tenn_ace
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Caesar's Messenger
What is wrong with statistics?

nothing... you missed the point

Volcana
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:11 AM
TennisPower - I didn't pick Martina so much as I picked a topic. There have been so many of these 'Hingis should retire', 'hingis is washed up' threads that I knew anyone seeing that title HAD to consider the possiblity it was true, so it was an easy joke. The Hingis fans would only be mad at me for a couple seconds, and the Hingis haters would get what they deserved over their disappointment.

Celeste
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Bull, some Williams fans love to stick it to Martina fans, and they love to put some sting on it also. How would you have liked it if I posted this during the Venus' hiatus in 2000?

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:17 AM
not funny........lol...............

Pureracket
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Celeste
Bull, some Williams fans love to stick it to Martina fans, and they love to put some sting on it also. How would you have liked it if I posted this during the Venus' hiatus in 2000?

Some people did post retirement threads for Venus, Celeste.

ASTRID
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:25 AM
lol I almost cried for a second there.

I love you Martina !!!

jojoseph
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:28 AM
omg, I was like, "What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I swear to god.

and like someone else said, the page wouldn't load fast enough

that was not funny at all

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:38 AM
haha...gave me a good chuckle although i knew for sure it wasn't true. Some people just need to get their head out of their asses long enough to smile every now and then.

jojoseph
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by bonkers186
haha...gave me a good chuckle although i knew for sure it wasn't true. Some people just need to get their head out of their asses long enough to smile every now and then.

yeah, well, when the subject matter is that shocking, it's hard to laugh

harloo
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Cmon, I know you guys didn't believe this? When I first saw it, I thought that maybe it was true for a second, but then I just started laughing. Volcana you are such a CLOWN! LOL:D

Picol
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:03 AM
Volcano you must be a huge fan of Martina. You post so much about her. Even though they are mostly disrespectful it does point to the adage "Constant Negativity hides deep respect"

Merry Christmas to all :)

Dawn Marie
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Well then hell alot of people must really respect Venus Williams:)

Picol
Dec 24th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Working on that theory Dawn Marie, then I have no respect for any player :p

oh wait Seles and Hingis do annoy me at times.

( I hope that it doesn't come across as begrudging respect for those 2 :p)

Jakub
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Volcana
In 2015.

Take your time before exacting vengeance. I'm expecting it now. It would be way better if you blind-sided me.:)

:mad: :fiery:

More that ridiculous. :fiery:

Why don`t you created another thread : The Willliams sisters announced retirement !!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Some people on this board have zero sense of humor.
And I have posted threads with titles just as shocking about my own faves as well.

So learn to laugh.
Or learn to shut the hell up.

Picol
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Some people on this board have zero sense of humor.
And I have posted threads with titles just as shocking about my own faves as well.

So learn to laugh.
Or learn to shut the hell up.

So you have posted topics at a time when one of your favorites career still hangs in the balance? To the best of my knowledge you are a Williams fan and I do not recall them ever going through a career threatening injury, well not a real one anyway, I may not be Martina Hingis' greatest fan, but I would never dream of posting a thread at a time when her return is unknown by her, let alone anyone else.

seems some people mix up humour with poor taste. the mix of tennis fans that have found this funny is not lost on me either.

Volcana
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Celeste - I would have had exactly the same reaction a lot of Hingis fans had to this thread. Apprehension when I saw the title. Laughter when I saw the first two words of the thread.

The Visored Boy - How do people post replies if they don't open the thread?

Ben Brigham
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:56 AM
There was a time when all your posts used to be enlightening Volcana. That was a long time ago. You'll allowed the negativity of GM to affect you which is disappointing coz you were always able to rise above it. :sad:

Volcana
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:59 AM
BNB - Ah well, as I go under for the third time, I'll try not to find humor in it.:)

Jarrett
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:59 AM
I could tell the post was fake by the amount of replies. If it was real, there would have been a few hundred replies as soon as it was posted.

i-girl
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:06 PM
V-O-L-C-A-N-A!!!!!!!! you are an evil woman:). for a sec there, my heart went to my pants.

caramel
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:17 PM
I just read the title of this thread and thought ´WTF?`. Good joke anyway.

Martian Mel
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:23 PM
I was just relieved that it was a joke ;)

SerialKiller#69
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:55 PM
wow, i'm not a big fan but my heart sank after i read the title, until ofcourse i saw who posted it.

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:01 PM
LOL @ Volcana.
Since I only knew you as a serious poster who is very thorough and who (whom?) I respect very much, you DID give me a fright.

But it's funny! :D

auntie janie
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:05 PM
TeeRexx, if I saw the very same thread with YOUR name on it, I would not have believed it for a second, since you are famous for your jokes. I would have entered the thread happily to see what the rest of your joke was. :)

But until now I have seen only interesting, informative threads from Volcana. Now I know not to believe what she posts, either! Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Experimentee
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:15 PM
It wasnt that funny. Most of us knew it wasnt true straight away. You could have at least done a Tee Rexx and wrote a fake article to go with it.

Volcana
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Experimentee - That wouldn't have been fair. I am well aware that Hingis fans fear she won't return. The thread title was as far as I was willing to play off that. Going further would have been kinda mean.

GrandSlammed
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:04 PM
... you done went and disappointed summa yose white folks Volcana... what's us gone do now?

I once saw a thread on the old Sanex board titled, "SERENA WILLIAMS KILLED IN CAR ACCIDENT!!!!"

I didn't even bother to go into the thread... that's how effective it was in fuckin' with me... you bunch of over-sensitive, whining, uppity asses.

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Tsk.
Slammed maybe, but not grand.

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:17 PM
quote:
---
"To the best of my knowledge you are a Williams fan and I do not recall them ever going through a career threatening injury, well not a real one anyway"
-----

Picol - I guess that your slow witted mind er, forgot that the WTA hired three of the best doctors in the U.S. to examine the wrist of VENUS and in 2000 she was off the tour for 6-7 months and her own father said that she should retire.
Go whine somewhere else, please.

Janie - Go have a capucino and go out and meet a couple of sailors to spend the night with because you are wound way to tight to be upset by a thread title.
Look at the sports news sites and you will be able to keep up with the real deals in tennis, babe. :)

GrandSlammed
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:24 PM
That was weak, Lynx... keep tryin'.

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Ok. How is this: "you over-sensitive, whining, uppity ass". :D
Grander? Didn't think so.

Just saying: this thread is FUN - and here you come, oozing Good Will. Come on, GSlammed!

GrandSlammed
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:40 PM
..well it was at first just weak... it's dropped dead now..

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Tsk.

GrandSlammed
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:46 PM
If there's one thing I hate more than Neil Diamond.. it's tsk' ing..

BK4ever
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Boys and girls...lets behave now :D

Grand & Tee some people just don't appreciate good humor...its not worth arguing with them.

Glenn
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:56 PM
http://www.sonyatv.com/media/roster/nl_masn5.jpg

Tsk!

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Ok, GrandSlammed - I'll take you seriously. I already gave you an opening (tried to, failed apparently) but you stuck a knife through it.

I don't know you, never saw you post - but I thought your first remark here quarrelsome and totally uncalled for.

Most posters - and why do you assume they're all white? Do you imply that, if you're black, you can't be rooting for a white girl? And if you imply that, what does that say about you? - most posters said: "Oops, you scared me for a sec - but funny."

Me, I'm not even a fan of Martina --- I would have reacted the same way if Venus or Serena or Lindsay or whoever of the great players would have been announced as retiring.

So yes, I thought your remark deserved a "Tsk" (first time I used that sound, btw). And then, when you failed to say "ok - my remark wasn't that hot either," I could not possibly say anything else BUT "Tsk."

Merry Christmas, by the way. :)

Monica_Rules
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Was this actually needed?

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Tsk @ BK4ever. Grand funny ??? Read the thread.

Lynx
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:13 PM
LOL @ Glenn. :D

griffin
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:15 PM
OK, you've had your fun.

Enjoy the coal ;)