PDA

View Full Version : Venus and her love affair with New Haven

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:25 PM
Pilot pen is the only tourney that she plays before a slam. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think that she has ever played any tourney the week before a slam besides the US Open. It works for her because she has won the New Haven title four times.

I am not sure if she has ever played Sydney (she played dubs this year). She played Gold Coast and won and then trained for OZ.

Has she ever played Strasbourg?

Has she ever played Eastbourne?

I think that she plays New Haven every year because Serena plays the last two summer warm up prior to New Haven (La and Canada) or that Ron Sharp gives her a big fat check on the side.

raquel
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:27 PM
Venus played Sydney in 1998, ASV beat both Venus and Serena in that event.

irma
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:29 PM
she has played eastbourne too at the start of her career!

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:30 PM
To all tennis fans, here is your chance to proove yourself...Just follow the link below, and participate each week to the prediction game, which is totally free...Just predict the winner of a match and the scores you think it will end...If you got the winners, some points...If you also get the score, you double your points!!! It is also a fantastic way to meet new tennis fans from all over the world!! So hurry and follow the link!!!

http://ww.wegoweb.com/predictiongame

Hope to see you there!!!

CD!!!!!:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by raquel
Venus played Sydney in 1998, ASV beat both Venus and Serena in that event.

Well there you have...Why play it again :wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:32 PM
BTW, which current player has defended her title the most consecutive years. I say Venus with four straight wins in New Haven...?

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:33 PM
And Sydney 1999 as well where Stefanie Graf beat both Williams sisters! :o

Pureracket
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by cdpoulin1
To all tennis fans, here is your chance to proove yourself...Just follow the link below, and participate each week to the prediction game, which is totally free...Just predict the winner of a match and the scores you think it will end...If you got the winners, some points...If you also get the score, you double your points!!! It is also a fantastic way to meet new tennis fans from all over the world!! So hurry and follow the link!!!

http://ww.wegoweb.com/predictiongame

Hope to see you there!!!

CD!!!!!:wavey:

Last place I'd expect to see spam.

"Topaz"
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:53 PM
LOL @ clocker!

Jericho
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by TopShotta
BTW, which current player has defended her title the most consecutive years. I say Venus with four straight wins in New Haven...?

venus is currently 1 of only 3 active players to win a tournament for 4 straight years, the list is...

venus: new haven 99'-02'
seles: canadian open 95'-98'
martinez: italian open 93'-96'

Berlin_Calling
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
Venus plays in New Haven because every year, the organiser gives the players a bonus so they can go eat at the 7 best restaurants in New Haven. If i remember clearly, Venus loves the Malaysian restaurant there.