PDA

View Full Version : How to beat the Williams?

nuriboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:49 PM
The past years the tour has been Williams all the time.

This year they have lost 15 matches combined and 15 tournaments combined( incl 3 gs´s). It has been a long time since the tour was last dominated like this and now they are doing it 2x!

Are they unbeatable when they play their best? If not how do you beat them and who´s got the best game to beat them?! Your thoughts!!

calabar
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:01 PM
Are they unbeatable when they play their best?

Yes

*JR*
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:58 PM
Though a non-coach, I have developed shot techniques (often "borrowing" from other sports) that would allow certain top players to do so about 1/3 of the time (far more than presently). HOWEVER, unlike team sports with assistant coaches, etc., the insecure egomaniacs these players rely on would rather act like they are the fonts of knowledge re. all aspects of the game.

way
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:07 PM
Right now they are DEFINITELY unbeatable.
The road to history, though, is a long way ahead of them.
Let's wait and see, Nuriboy.
Three years ago (would you believe it?) everybody wondered the same for Martina Hingis.
Right now means nothing in history.
Unless the *right now* lasts ten years.
Unbeatable today, yes.

nuriboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:22 PM
I see way I see Way and I agree. Right now they are on their way to making history.

way
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:33 PM
oh, yeah, we can easily agree on this
:)

NJjeff
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:53 PM
You can't claim that both are unbeatable, unless we're talking doubles. Venus is most definitely beatable, she lost 3 big matches to her sister. Serena is developing the unbeatable aura, but even she lost her last match.

jenny161185
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:22 PM
when Bovina beat Venus(I know it was only an exhibiton) she served really consistently and her second serve was great and she went toe to toe with Venus for power and finished some points off with crisp volleys - i think nect year you will have to be a good volleyer to beat serena and Venus

Dokicfan17
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:13 PM
I think they are beatable. Clijsters and Bovina found ways..its a matter of confidence, just dont give up and fight til the last point...i think playing "smart tennis" can do it