PDA

View Full Version : Williams sisters DVD available

bluepastures
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:31 PM
Just noticed that there's been a DVD released (on 19/11/02) called "Raising Tennis Aces: The Williams Story". It's available from www.dc-dvd.co.uk for £16.75. I'm not interested, as I don't like these sports documentaries, but some of you might be. It's region 1, so if you live in Europe, make sure you dvd-player plays all regions, before buying it.

Havok
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:57 PM
oh god, what else are these williams sisters gonna come out with next.

Rubylips
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:26 PM
Let"s said that about other player on the WTA..The Williams sisters ,win that why.What about the others.

bluepastures
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:29 PM
Well, they're about a year behind Anna Kournikova who's already brought out a fitness video! In fact Anna appears in several dvds, such as her cameo in Me, Myself and Irene, and I'm sure "Escape" must be on a dvd somewhere. The only other tennis dvd available that I know of is the Wimbledon history one. However, this year's Roland Garros magazine did include a DVD with it. There's hundreds of football dvds already available.

Rubylips
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks bluepastures,that want i am talking about.Always Williams player haters.thanks

CC
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:51 PM
Is that documentary current?

bluepastures
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:06 PM
I don't know CC, there isn't really much detail on this DVD website that I mentioned. I can recommend the website, though, as they're always very reliable. Presumably some US shops/websites must be selling it too, since it is region 1.
Just a thought about tennis dvds, there's already a lot of tennis training videos available (most of them US produced). Surely DVD would be an ideal medium for this. Nowadays, dvds don't cost much more to produce than videos.

moon
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:20 PM
this must be the DVD they mentioned when the Williamses were on Oprah. I hope it's released in VHS format.

lizchris
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:44 PM
The VHS/DVD won't be available in America until January 2003.

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:58 PM
Moon :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info I am will wait until 2003. Maybe not so patiently but i'll wait.:) "Bluepastures" I don't think they are a year behind Anna, because everthing you mentioned about Anna and a DVD has been done by at least ten of thousands of musicians and from millions of movie actors.

Give me Williams and TENNIS anyday:):)

Rae Q.
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:19 PM
I went there but I didn't see the dvd. :confused: Anyway I'll wait until they have it at Blockbuster or somewhere else and I'll get it. Thanks for letting us know about it. :)

bluepastures
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:54 PM
Dawn Marie, I was just stating facts that she did have a dvd out much earlier. The reason why Kournikova released a fitness DVD doesn't have much to do with tennis. Thinking about it, it probably doesn't have a lot to do with fitness either :rolleyes:
Rae, to find the Williams' on the www.dc-dvd.co.uk site, search for "tennis" by title, then you'll find it.